Lincare Employee Reviews

no one works together
Customer service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 12, 2016
you always have someone trying to push you under the bus. This company does not have anyone that will back you up in any situation
No matter how well you do it is never good enough
Pros
its an 8-5
Cons
never having anyone to back you up in any situation
Family centered RBCO
A/R Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 5, 2016
We became a family with all of our co-workers despite the disconnect from upper management.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with the overall management.
Not a good place to work is you have fresh ideas.
(CSR) & Tech support (Current Employee) –  Kansas CityJune 7, 2016
I was used to problem solve but the management didn't like it if you tried to move up in the company. They would do things to stop your movement in order to keep you in the same position and used your ideas for their own personal gain.
Pros
free soda
Cons
Horrible management -most who were in management needed training
Improving on training employees
Billing Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 17, 2016
They are trying different ways of training to come up with a better way to train their employees. Once the training process is complete they will have a better knowledge of A/R collections.
Pros
Lot's of overtime
Cons
No life outside of the office
horrible place to work
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 22, 2016
this is one of the worst companies to work for
they care nothing about their employees
they tell on you if you report blatant violations
they are rude
you are nothing more than a warm body, that they let you know can be replaced any minute
Pros
Cons
everything
fun place to work
(RESPIRATORY THERAPIST)- Full Time (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVNovember 29, 2016
lincare was a good place to work. they received me as part of their family, taught me what i needed to know and how to commute around . i enjoyed working for lincare. it is a great place to work.
Pros
sometimes free lunches or breakfast
DO Not Work Here
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 4, 2016
Management is awful at the Brandon Billing office. The supervisor was a great teacher but would blame you for her own mistakes. Asks for help with a project then takes all the credit.
horrible place to work
Senior Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLAugust 22, 2016
The company only cares about the numbers. Not you. Your work too much for not enough money. Being on call for a week at a time is the worst part of the job. you could potentially work for 10 days straight.
Pros
when your not on call you only work weekdays
Cons
being on call 24hrs day
Abusive area manager, impossible duties to get done, no support, greedy managment
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  maineMarch 27, 2016
This company has a list a mile long of things you are supposed to get done in the course of a day, which are IMPOSSIBLE to get done. Then they criticize you, play games with your money by holding your commissions and your expense checks to make you miserable until you quit. The area manager DL is a narcissistic misogynistic bully who thrives on abusing his subordinates.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
Low pay, high pressure, stressful, very little vacation time, no support from management
Good Place for Recent Graduate
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 21, 2015
If you are in sales or management, the sales goal is a fixed number and centers around how many 02 patients you can bring in on services each month. The compensation is really low for everyone, but if you hit your goals you can make a decent paycheck. The day starts at 8 am, and service is centered around immediate in-home set-ups for patients, so many people here work overtime. This is a big corporate company and the turnover is high. Literally no one in my surrounding area that I started with still works for the company. It is a good stepping stone if you want to get into Pharma sales or device. If that is not your goal, I would consider looking elsewhere because the company will not keep you if your numbers dip for consecutive months. You will learn a lot about insurances, respiratory, and the DME industry. The company always promoted from within whenever possible.
Pros
Company takes recent graduates and gives plenty of training
Cons
pay, stability, high stress
productive environment
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OK 74403September 7, 2016
I learned how to become a better more knowledgeable me for all my referrals. I gained confidence within myself as well. They supplied us with an amazing two week course to only better ourselves before starting in the industry.
Motivational and Educational
Sales Representative /Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 14, 2016
Best Training I have ever experienced at a place of work. There is a long educational period with multiple trips out of state for training, enabling me to be quite confident regarding my material.
high stress but also highly rewarding
SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTITIVE (Current Employee) –  IdahoSeptember 8, 2016
Easily the most stressful job I have ever had. However also the most rewarding helping people with obtaining the much needed equipment to help better their way of life. I love the people.
Pros
overtime
Cons
alot of overtime
dirty office building, minimal training, very low pay
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMay 10, 2016
the office was very dirty, very poor training, and very low pay for what was expected. No advancement opportunities. Very high turnover, outdated office equipment .
Cons
My review of Lincare home oxygen company.
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne WyomingMay 9, 2015
A good place to work. There was good job security, and good people to work with and for. I learned how to keep logs and records of the company van, i.e. Route sheets, and vehicle maintenance records. The hardest part of the job was probably working the on-call duties, which sometimes entailed early morning hours, and emergency situations which required prompt response. The most enjoyable part of the position I held was working with a wide variety of patients and being able to help them with their needs.
Pros
Good company medical and dental benefits
Cons
Short breaks, and on call duty requirements, although I really was ok with both.
Ok for a start, lags behind the times in technology/methods
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  VAJanuary 13, 2016
This job is good for a start in sales but not if you want to advance and make good money. The management is usually someone who was either a delivery driver or any other position that was there when it came open. Most do not even possess a post education degree of any kind or have any management skills. Upper management is the same and most are not very good with people. Sales reps do not have tablets or laptops. They use paper records which they print weekly to track clients and make notes. Then they have to fight for a computer at a center to enter each of these calls which can be 60 or more by Friday afternoons. They do not want you in the office except for Friday afternoon so this is difficult. The reps do not have computer of their own to do this. They must wait for one to come open. You use your own car to make calls and your own phone. They do give you mileage and a phone allowance. All is good as long as goals are met but if they aren't management will blame it on reps to keep themselves out of the line of fire. This goal rests solely on the rep regardless of the lack of center support. This company may be good to work for in a larger area where competition is few and there are a lot of doctors but not in a small rural area. The pay is based upon each patient you can get and what service they are to receive. With most clinics no longer allowing reps in this is sure to eventually fizzle out especially with Medicare cutbacks and competitive bidding. Some patients you will not receive any commission on because of their insurance reimbursement....and some will  more... be at an extremely reduced rate. Base pay is very low. If you are desperate and need a job, this is ok. This would not be a long term career choice. You will wear out your car very fast so think about the ability to get another car, buy tires often and upkeep. One last thing, reps are required to do work of other people in the center if someone is out but yet still keep up with their own duties. Some of this can vary if a center has a decent manager.  less
Pros
Insurance, Benefits, Free lunch at times, Freedom
Cons
Pay, No technology, No support from upper managment
I loved the multi projects and deadlines
Insurance Consultant Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FloridaAugust 9, 2015
Lincare .... Work hours were 7 am to 6 pm I would have spreadsheets to complete from Financial Hardships, Probates and collections calls. When I was in charges of dong the spreadsheets for the 5 employees which would range from 6 to 8 reports depending on how fast they got thru them. I would motivate my group by lunch a month.

The hardest part was when we starting doing the Dial-er to call patients to make payments on their accounts. It was hard to stick with the script when the patients needed help to understand why they have a balance.

What I love the most was being able to help the patients understand the balance and their insurance benefits. I like to look at the whole picture and resolved the issues for all parties. People who are sick get overwhelmed with all the bills and when you help them look at it a different way then the bills are not so big. I got patients to chip at their balances each month and I would call them each month for the payment and tell them how well they were doing. Customer Service is needed in the medical field no matter what the situation.
Pros
Overtime
Health Care Providing Company with Job Longevity
Business License Administrator (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 15, 2016
High demand company / position perfect for person looking to begin in a health care related profession.

Job that entails a great deal of expertise, knowing how to perform all related tasks with business licensing.
Love a hard challenge
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, GANovember 10, 2016
Love figuring out the problem with the claims and why the insurance company didn't pay. You learned something new everyday. It made my mind very strong
Customer Service
Customer Account Representative/Upfront review (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 18, 2016
I offer excellent customer service as customer account representative , working accounts to bill the insurance companies,calling insurance companies to find out why they are denying claims. Answering phone calls , taking 5-6 hours of conference calls weekly to resolve patient/insurance account issues. . I am also responsible for reviewing , verifying and keying prescriptions and prior authorizations while following insurance guidelines to bill the insurance companies.I have been trained to work on the AS400 system and I have learned ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes. I ensure daily individual and team goals are met and exceeded

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8