Lincare

Lincare Employer Reviews

delivering DME
patient service tech (Former Employee), Pearl, MSApril 18, 2014
The tough part was being on call and having to get out of the bed late night. The good part was developing the trust of the patients and being someone they can talk to because they normal don't have or know many people or have friend that are able to visit.
Big company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 15, 2014
Pros: great manager at knoxville center
Cons: overall lincare is a number company not a people company
My job was awesome, I could leave to go to my first clients home around 8:30. I was their liquid oxygen delivery person and I would fill an average of 25 reservoirs a day then return to to what ever needed to be delivered, from wheelchairs, walkers, hospital beds and set up oxygen concentrators for clients needing oxygen. I really enjoyed the managers – more... that I had.
One thing that was required was to meet the goals on concentrator checks, that is a must. – less
Good job, good team, poor management
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Madison, INApril 7, 2014
Pros: good work, good coworkers
Cons: management poor harasses people in public.
Work very busy, many duties making day go by quickly. Team effort good. Management harassment often. Difficult to work under those circumstances.
Just say 'NO'.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), GeorgiaApril 7, 2014
Pros: the patient's.
Cons: everything.
Let's begin with salary; Lincare pay policy is below the Nation Average, for Health Care Specialist. No matter how much experience you have.
Even though you are hired as a HCS you are required to go in to peoples houses and look for items they need which in terms means selling. I was uncomfortable trying to find things my patients need to boost our – more... numbers.
The mileage is paid below the national limit and you are reimbursed at two different rates, you are paid a only for a certain mileage even if you go over this mileage. On average I was not paid for five hundred miles per month.
No 'on call' pay unless you actually see a patient, then you are only reimbursed for the time you are with the patient.
Your day is stopped after the last patient visit, so if you are an hour away you do not get reimbursed for drive time back to the office.
You are required to be there I the am, but make sure your early clocking in takes at least five minutes with the out dated computer system.
High turnover with employee's such as Marketing Reps and HCS.
This is simply not a good organization to work for, please make sure if you do proceed with working for this organization you ask for items your 'promised' in writing.
Lincare is ALL about the money! They will step over employees to pick up a dollar. – less
awful place to work.
Service Representative (Former Employee), Norman, OKApril 7, 2014
Pros: get to be out and about (delivery) they buy your uniforms
Cons: working for lincare.
Worked at the norman location. Management iis ignorant. Very disorganized. Had to go back to the same places two or three times to get the same thing signed due to it getting lost after I turned it in. Go work here if you don't want a life. Sometimes 15 or 16 hour work days. Plus on call three or four days a week. Pay isn't that great either and it – more... requires a cdl that you pay for. Wouldn't recommend it – less
NO!! MOST unprofessional atmosphere
CSR (Former Employee), Grenada, MSApril 7, 2014
Cons: no training, lies, threats of losing job, expecting you to do clinical when your not clinical.
This place is awful! Your thrown into a job with SO much to learn, NO WAY to do it all. And no help doing it. Your told you have time to train, BIGGEST lie ever! Besides daily duties that are never ending, you have numerous reports to work or are threatened with job security. Management is AWFUL and UNEDUCATED!!
co-workers are fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 3, 2014
no comment It is very competitive please to work having to reach monthly numbers that you can't make unless you work overtime
good company
Lead Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), okc,okApril 3, 2014
File claims with insurance companies on HCFA 1500 for durable medical equipment. Check status of claims filed. Set payment arrangement and monitor patient accounts
NO.....NO.....NO
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Blasdell, NYApril 1, 2014
Please what ever you do......do not take this job. Employees are treated like work horses. During the interview you are told that overtime is available and your required to work 2 extra Saturday's a month. You will soon find out that every Saturday is required as well as coming in early or leaving late to try and complete your workload. Some of my coworkers – more... work 7 days a week and have worked 7 days a week since Christmas.
There is no formal training or training manual or even a outline on how to do your job. And you will be told 3 different people how you should do things and all three of them will yell at you for doing it incorrectly or will get upset when you ask questions
LINCARE IS NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK!!!!!
Look at the rest of the reviews. They all say the same thing across the country. So thankful that I am no longer emplyed there and moving on to bigger and better opportunities that will help me grow,instead of keeping me stagnated. – less
Lincare
Office Manager (Former Employee), Susanville, CAMarch 31, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job was the crew I managed and the customers/patients we service everyday. But no one ever felt that their job was important or that their job was secure. It was a "walking on egg shells" environment.
Giving hope to patients
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 31, 2014
Pros: fulfilling work
Cons: areas location
I absolutely LOVED working my job. I was able to help patients achieve things that they never thought they could. Providing oxygen to a patient that is trying to spend their last moments on this earth with their loved ones was an amazing feelings.
The only bad thing about it was the part when they passed. It was hard because I talked to them almost – more... everyday. We knew that they were in a better place though, and I did my best to get them what they needed. Worked in an environment with very nice doctors and nurses at the doctors offices. I will always be thankful for the skills and experience that I gained from my position here, I will be able to take it along with me and use it exactly where it is needed. With the skills i acquired, I have the ability to run an office, manage deadlines, give excellent customer service, all while making sure that the insurance and patients deliveries are managed on time. – less
The company SUCKS
Driver Technician (Former Employee), Hingham,MaMarch 30, 2014
Cons: the company it self
They don't care about there workers nor the patients they give out old and dirty equipment and the other workers are lazy and unprofessional the whole company is bad don't think about going
Fast Pace
Customer Service Representitive (Former Employee), Athens, NYMarch 28, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: no time for life
Learned a lot about health and health care guidelines. Meant a lot of nice people.
Training Issues
Centralized Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte,NCMarch 26, 2014
Pros: paid vaction
Cons: manditory 8 hours overtime per week.
I love the job its self, I have a hard time with the culture of Lincare
My co workers are hard to get along with and that makes for a difficult day. There is NO training programs to ensure proper function of your job description.
Corperate co.
Delivery Technician (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIMarch 23, 2014
Management is terrible the higher you go. Rude and really dont care about their employees.
Enjoyed the people I met
Service Technician (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCMarch 21, 2014
This is a patient oxygen delivery company. They provide certain medical supplies and portable oxygen to there patients. Well rounded company with advancement. You have to be a people person to work there and be able to have patience with the elderly. I really enjoyed this job due to helping people and they knew they could depend on me.
stressful
up front review (Current Employee), Blasdell, NYMarch 19, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: to much work to do in an eight hour day
to much work to try and input in an eoght hour day. management very demanding with very little compensation.
Excellent Training
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: sales staff not treated well.
Good place to get your foot in the door. Lacking in quality management. Employees are expendable.
Drama
CSR (Current Employee), Washington StateMarch 15, 2014
Pros: verizon discount/ we have a great pub next door.
Cons: two faced coworkers, and old systems.
I have worked here for nearly a year. The training is very short, and they throw you in. They encourage you to ask questions, but seem irritated when you do. The worst part is the attitudes. People that are on the same team are rude, and quick to throw someone under the bus. I have a hard time going to work and listening to coworkers be miserable and – more... talk about quitting all the time. I have kids so finances over rule looking for a new job right away. The systems are outdated, and run slow. Pay is $12.00 an hour, and the bens are expensive, and very basic. I am going to try and finish the year out, and move on. At first I was talking to friends about applying, but now I wouldn't recommend it.

My favorite part is the breaks, and Friday at 5 when its time to go.

The turnover rate is pretty high. Since I have been there, people generally leave Held Sales after only 6 months.

My past jobs were 4plus years consecutive. I for sure will not be here that long. – less
Too many Manager and employee turnovers in Hoover, AL office
previous employee (Former Employee), Hoover, ALMarch 14, 2014
Pros: national company - oxygen patients are able to utilize other centers in other states for their needs
Cons: long hours, no appreciation from management, no training, lack of good customer service, too many changes in processes
Too many employee turnovers in this office, in particular for Center Manager, drivers and sales teams. They do not do enough training of their employees. The sales team gets to go to 2 wks out of state intense training, but your CSR's and delivery drivers do not get any intense training, only on the job training in the office while trying to keep up – more... with the phones, orders and other duties delved upon them. New drivers are allowed to "ride along" with a current driver for a couple of days then off on their own w/o even knowing how to put together the equipment the patients will need. Mgmt is only interested in how may oxygen patients, mdINR patients, neb med patients and cpap/bipap patients the centers get each month. They are not interested in good customer service, timely customer service and making sure the personnel is trained so that the correct equipment gets ordered and is delivered to the patients. Even though LinCare received the Competitive Bid for ALL equipment from Medicare, they will not provide all equip as ordered by the doctors. Employees are pushed and no recognition for long, hard hours given. Their processes change too many times so it is hard to keep up with the demands. If you complain about anything, look for the writeups, probations and eventual termination to be coming your way. – less

About Lincare

There are some things you shouldn't have to leave the house to get, Lincare Holdings believes oxygen therapy is one of them. The – Read more