Lincare Employee Reviews

IDS Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2015
The typical day work at Lincare is working 10 hours strait with quick break if you can fit it in. Big turn around of employees due to working conditions but seem to have improved a little.
Productive work, lousy company
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAApril 24, 2015
Great field to work in. Loved working on my own and with others when needed. However, when it came to going above and beyond what was expected there was no recognition. You would get in trouble for something small that was not at your own hand and never be told about it.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
policies
Poor management
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLApril 23, 2015
Run.. Poor management in all levels. To much work load not enough employees to customers. To busy of a office for only to customers service reps. No organization in the office or management.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Small office fun company
Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHApril 23, 2015
Typical day included setting up for daily delivery, printing out route sheets and loading van for the day. You could expect to have 10 to 12 deliveries daily but unusually could be back in the office by early afternoon. Cleaning and paper work was completed in the afternoons. Most stops were to deliever and transport in-home oxygen and supplies to the patients home. Also to address and problems that they encountered with their oxygen machine and answer any questions they may have.

I quickly got to know my patients which helped me to provide the best quality personal care each individual needed. I enjoyed being out on the road rather that having to be stuck in the office all day.

There were a lot of corporate policies that needed to be met to keep up with industry standards. The hardest part of the job was seeing the health of patients slowly decline. Especially after establishing and ongoing relationship with the individuals. And loosing patients was always hard, but it came with the job.

Overall I think Lincare was a good company to work for. My experience helped me in becoming more comfortable in my abilities and giving me the patience when dealing with the public.
Pros
1 hour lunch break every day. Interaction with patients on a daily basis.
Cons
Due to small staff on call is required every other week.
Patient Services Representative
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, CTApril 20, 2015
A job where you feel appreciated and welcomed by most of your patients, and have the opportunity to build relationships with them as you meet them every to every other week. The management is fair.
Pros
Feeling of importance and respect
Cons
Long work days when on-call
Disconnected
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Lamar, COApril 18, 2015
Skeleton crew, unrealistic goals, poor upper management support. Sell you on idea of bonus program at time of interview and in 28 months we never saw anything.
Pros
local staff was very loyal
Cons
upper management is disconnected with their centers
Productive work environment with never ending work.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 31, 2015
A typical day of supporting six lawyers with general Administrative duties such as answering business line, scheduling appointments, filing important and confidential documents.
Learned to set up packets together for depositions.
Most enjoyable was r ordering department supplies.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Budget on office supplies
corporate company
Customer Service Rep/ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MEMarch 31, 2015
Lincare is a typical corporate company. When the numbers are up all is good and when the numbers are down you need to have some answers and quick. The office was pretty good, nice people and patients.
this is a decent place
Service rep (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMarch 27, 2015
This is a past job not the worst place in the world to work. I will not return however. I recomend this as a place to start out if your looking in this field.
Pros
company van
Cons
its a window less white van
They have been good to me for 10 years
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNMarch 26, 2015
Fast paced, money to be made, solid company. They have extremely high expectations of their employees. Whether you are a tech or a CSR, be ready for late nights and weekends.
Pros
job security
Cons
long hours, excessive overtime
Great company, many opportunities.
Healthcare specialist (Former Employee) –  Hermon, MEMarch 26, 2015
One of the largest home oxygen companies in the world. Very good company to work for. Many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Great working environment, Large company many opportunities to move up
Busy
Senior Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 22, 2015
Medical needs happen quickly and are not on a schedule. Managing a Work/Life balance is rare. Getting a 100% of your duties and responsibilities done on any day is impossible. Triage management assignments is a must.
Pros
if you like to work overtime
Cons
unrealistic expectations with the equipment provided
Best job I've ever had
Outbound representative (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, flMarch 19, 2015
I came across this job on some job positing while trying to get out of the retail world. Fresh from high school not expecting to even get a call back. The next day I had a voicemail from one of the managers wanting to meet me and start an interview. And that's when I realized this is where I need to be. It's corporate headquarters, had security check points when you come in, quarter drinks in the vending machine and such a friendly environment it's hard not to be happy at this place. The guy who trained me is one of the best people in the company. I've only had a problem with one of the supervisors, otherwise all has been perfect. You get paid well hourly and on top of that if you go beyond your quota for orders from patients you get a bonus which is easily achieved. We basically call patients who are expecting our call monthly and ask do you want your supplies yes or no. There's unlimited overtime, paid holidays and an amazing cafeteria. Best job decision I have ever made
Pros
supervisors, cafeteria is amazing, competitive pay, friendly atmosphere
Cons
none!
Very intense, manipulative company w/high turnover
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, ORMarch 18, 2015
High turn over, little resources offered for training, poor compensation in commissions as promised.
Poor feed back from other employees as far up as corporate level and across the United States.
Pros
the staff of people i worked with were amazing (within our local office)
Cons
upper managment has little intention to follow through w/ offers made, high stress position w very little reward
Fast paced environment with great training
HCS. - Area Manager Health Care Solutions, AL (Current Employee) –  AlabamaMarch 18, 2015
Ample opportunity for growth, forward thinking leadership. Leader in the DME field and patient care. Your role will directly affect patients quality of life in turn establishing a trust with physicians.
Collections
Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 13, 2015
Collection for the Commonwealth of Boston
Review accounts
adjustments
incentives
great co-workers
very helpful from the managemnet
Pros
free lunches
Cons
overtime
Solid Jobq
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Weber CountyMarch 12, 2015
This is a good sales job. There are many products to sell, which offers great experience and makes the day go by quick. It's about building relationships with doctors offices and hospitals.
Pros
fun job
Cons
low pay, high turnover
Lincare
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAMarch 10, 2015
Lincare is a great company. They have treated me extremely well. You have to be a self starter to be able to work for this company.
Jusy ok
Lead Driver/ Driver Manager (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAMarch 9, 2015
The job is hard, lots of hours, the pay is just ok but not enough for all they ask you to do. The on call is rough and the hardest part is getting calls in the middle of the night or on the weekends when you are trying to hang out with your family.
Good place if all you want to do is work. ALL THE TIME.
Primary Insurance Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 24, 2015
A week at Lincare typically starts out with working project "A" but then being given project "B" to finish first and with a deadline, and then given project "C" shortly after but all within the same week. In other words, there's a whole lot of work to be done but the management lacks the organization skills to get it done.

As far as learning, I wasn't even shown the actual equipment we bill for until I was there a year. I received some one on one training but it wasn't something everyone was given.

The hardest part was having to deal with management and their unreal expectations. They aren't appreciative of the hard work put in. 5 hours of overtime are required every week and have to be done during the week. OT is a great option but they force it on you here. Some Saturday's (mostly last Saturday of the month) are MANDATORY, sometimes there isn't more than 3 days notice. You are expected to drop all outside plans for Lincare because it is your "priority" (the exact word used by my previous supervisor). No cell phones in the building at all, I'm pretty sure they leave this out in the interview now. The only reason this is a problem is because I live in Florida and the summer heat can mess up your phone. Policies seem to change every other day without notice, and some of the rules are just plain dumb.

There are some pros, but they're not worth staying for. I liked having my radio, wearing jeans and sandals to work, guaranteed Sundays off (only guaranteed day off), paid holidays, vacation after 6 months, company picnic.

If you have a family this is not the place for you. You
  more... are expected to put everything after Lincare, I don't agree with this. I work so I can live, I don't live just to work. Also if you care about business reputation check out BBB and all the billing complaints. Patients are overcharged all the time.  less
Pros
my radio, wearing jeans and sandals to work, guaranteed sundays off (only guaranteed day off), paid holidays, vacation after 6 months, company picnic, unlimited ot
Cons
late notice about mandatory saturdays, no cell phones, mandatory ot, management