Lincare

Lincare Employer Reviews

Work here only if you're starving
Service/Representative (Current Employee), Colville,WaJune 14, 2014
Pros: i liked the type of work and the clients.
Cons: to many to spend the time listing here.
This company by far is the worse company I have ever worked for. The center manager was so high on xanex most of the time that he didn't know what he was doing and would forget things that happened yesterday. He called xanex " his miracle drug ".

The other service rep was an ex-relative of the center manager. They shared a 20 plus year friendship ( – more... fishing buddies ). He too is on antidepressants. He has left clients with no O2, given clients wrong information, let me climb in a truck that had breaks grinding metal against metal, is constantly leaving the valves open on the O2 filling hose while driving down the road, writes down the wrong lot numbers on clients delivery ticket and has deliberately falsified safety checks.

I've gone to the center manager with these issues and all he does is make excuses for him. I've gone to the office manager with these issues and she's told me that her job would be in jeopardy if she went over the center managers head.

I'm being run off from this job because of the relationship between the Center Manager and the other Service rep. I scare them but in my defense, anyone who can count past ten would scare them.

I fear for the safety of the clients these two are looking over. – less
Boring and high stress job
Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 10, 2014
Cons: low pay, high stress
Sit at a desk and research unpaid insurance claims. Answer patient phone calls and resolve payment discrepancies.
Very fast paced environment.
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Portland MeJune 6, 2014
Pros: great staff.
Cons: long hours and lots of charting.
I loved working here. I was able to help elders learn how to walk again. This was very important in my decision to go to respiratory school. It was there that I found my love for helping people.,
productive and challenging
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaJune 3, 2014
love working face to face with patients. I learned a lot about the aspects of the home care side of respiratory therapy. however the management left little to desire.
Highly organised, fast paced envirement
Medicare Collections and Customer Service (Current Employee), Clearwater, FlJune 2, 2014
Submitting all documentation to CGS medicare. Assist in acquisitions. Reviewing Doctors notes and medical records to verfy patient qualifies for equipment. Established and maintaining spread sheet of over 3,000 patients. Submitting claims to medicare thru review to establish payments on claims denied in error. Resolving issues within accounts thru local – more... offices, corrections on patient information and education on use of durable medical equipment and oxygen. Answering phone calls. Submitting and verifying CMNS that qualify to medicare guidelines. Maintaining accounts for multiple locations. Basic training to new employees and filing. – less
great job , low pay
Service rep/ driver (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 29, 2014
very underpaying job for the work load demand and there is no on call pay , just your hourly wages so if your on call and dont work there are no compensations . and can not make plans .
Great benefits with a large company. Helping patients find solutions to their medical needs
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Pompano Beach, FL 33069May 23, 2014
Pros: large company - great benefits - helping patients get a better lifestyle
Cons: working in the dme business, which relies heavily on medicare, is becoming a scary model
- manage customer service, collections, asset utilization, order procurement and distribution

- play a key role in working with sales to hone their skills and polish their technique

- handle multiple inbound calls daily (primarily customer retention and CRM)

- Liaison between Marketing and Sales (35 people) for improved product knowledge using Philips, – more... AirSep, LifeChoice, Invacare, O2 Concepts, Sequal, Inogen and other primary portable and stationary oxygen concentrators

- developed metric system for each department to improve overall performance – less
Outside Sales in Healthcare Industry
Medical Sales Representative - Sussex County (Former Employee), Port Jervis, NYMay 6, 2014
Pros: ability to work on my own
Cons: medicare requirements needed for patients (paperwork)
I would go to my office - plan which accounts that I would visit doctors' offices, hospitals, rehab centers, etc. to educate on Lincare products. I learned clinical information especially in reference to pulmonary. I also learned marketing and sales techniques, insurance and Medicare information, industry news continuously. I had to be proficient in – more... time management - there were many facets to this job. Also, account management was key in my success. I had to manage 400 accounts, many of them I would visit weekly/bi-weekly to maintain the relationship. My co-workers were fine - they had to support all the patients that used Lincare. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the administration. There was much paperwork due to insurance and Medicare guidelines - my accounts needed to provide a lot of information about the patient. The most enjoyable part of the job was building strong relationships with people within the healthcare industry. I had relationships with many doctors, nurses, case managers who trusted me, and therefore utilized Lincare whenever possible. It was very satisfying to help patients with our products and then relay that information to the doctors that their patients were being taken care of. Overall, this job was very satisfying - building relationships with people, meeting new people continuously and educating them on clinical information. This job was very fast-paced. A lot of energy and motivation is needed to be a success at this job. I possess many skills to succeed in sales - relationship building being my strongest asset. – less
Terrible place to work!
Health care Specialist (Former Employee), Holland, MIMay 1, 2014
Pros: paid gas and cell phone bill
Cons: terrible management, no teamwork, people i worked with were stupid
I can only find one positive about this place and it is that they pay for your gas and $25 towards your cell phone bill. That's the only good things. Management is horrible, my job was so slow it could have easily been a part time position but rather than that they keep you full time and you struggle to find things to do to fill your day. You travel – more... to patients homes, if you can call them homes. Seems like you are always going to the crappies houses with fleas and si mals running everywhere. Being on call was terrible, sometimes had to go replace oxygen units at 2am! No help on call if it's really busy. They hire a bunch of idiots, the people in my office were just plain stupid and ignorant. – less
Lincare Medical Device Sales Representative
Medical Device Sales Representative (Current Employee), Golden Valley, MNApril 25, 2014
Prospect new customers, make on site visits and set appointments over the phone with prospects in order to sit down with decision makers, build rapport, discover service motives, and present respiratory care, medications, and services.
challenging
Center Manager (Former Employee), HarrisburgApril 24, 2014
Pros: patient orientated, moderate wage
Cons: understaffing, excessive hours, poor management
Safe working environment and a good opportunity to help people.

Unethical practices and poor management.

Great products and services, but not a great company for me to invest my future in.
Positive work environment
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2014
Co-workers are supportive and positive influence. Its unfortunate that may area is not marketed well. I love my company culture.
delivering DME
patient service tech (Former Employee), Pearl, MSApril 18, 2014
The tough part was being on call and having to get out of the bed late night. The good part was developing the trust of the patients and being someone they can talk to because they normal don't have or know many people or have friend that are able to visit.
Big company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 15, 2014
Pros: great manager at knoxville center
Cons: overall lincare is a number company not a people company
My job was awesome, I could leave to go to my first clients home around 8:30. I was their liquid oxygen delivery person and I would fill an average of 25 reservoirs a day then return to to what ever needed to be delivered, from wheelchairs, walkers, hospital beds and set up oxygen concentrators for clients needing oxygen. I really enjoyed the managers – more... that I had.
One thing that was required was to meet the goals on concentrator checks, that is a must. – less
Good job, good team, poor management
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Madison, INApril 7, 2014
Pros: good work, good coworkers
Cons: management poor harasses people in public.
Work very busy, many duties making day go by quickly. Team effort good. Management harassment often. Difficult to work under those circumstances.
Just say 'NO'.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), GeorgiaApril 7, 2014
Pros: the patient's.
Cons: everything.
Let's begin with salary; Lincare pay policy is below the Nation Average, for Health Care Specialist. No matter how much experience you have.
Even though you are hired as a HCS you are required to go in to peoples houses and look for items they need which in terms means selling. I was uncomfortable trying to find things my patients need to boost our – more... numbers.
The mileage is paid below the national limit and you are reimbursed at two different rates, you are paid a only for a certain mileage even if you go over this mileage. On average I was not paid for five hundred miles per month.
No 'on call' pay unless you actually see a patient, then you are only reimbursed for the time you are with the patient.
Your day is stopped after the last patient visit, so if you are an hour away you do not get reimbursed for drive time back to the office.
You are required to be there I the am, but make sure your early clocking in takes at least five minutes with the out dated computer system.
High turnover with employee's such as Marketing Reps and HCS.
This is simply not a good organization to work for, please make sure if you do proceed with working for this organization you ask for items your 'promised' in writing.
Lincare is ALL about the money! They will step over employees to pick up a dollar. – less
awful place to work.
Service Representative (Former Employee), Norman, OKApril 7, 2014
Pros: get to be out and about (delivery) they buy your uniforms
Cons: working for lincare.
Worked at the norman location. Management iis ignorant. Very disorganized. Had to go back to the same places two or three times to get the same thing signed due to it getting lost after I turned it in. Go work here if you don't want a life. Sometimes 15 or 16 hour work days. Plus on call three or four days a week. Pay isn't that great either and it – more... requires a cdl that you pay for. Wouldn't recommend it – less
NO!! MOST unprofessional atmosphere
CSR (Former Employee), Grenada, MSApril 7, 2014
Cons: no training, lies, threats of losing job, expecting you to do clinical when your not clinical.
This place is awful! Your thrown into a job with SO much to learn, NO WAY to do it all. And no help doing it. Your told you have time to train, BIGGEST lie ever! Besides daily duties that are never ending, you have numerous reports to work or are threatened with job security. Management is AWFUL and UNEDUCATED!!
co-workers are fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 3, 2014
no comment It is very competitive please to work having to reach monthly numbers that you can't make unless you work overtime
good company
Lead Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), okc,okApril 3, 2014
File claims with insurance companies on HCFA 1500 for durable medical equipment. Check status of claims filed. Set payment arrangement and monitor patient accounts

About Lincare

There are some things you shouldn't have to leave the house to get, Lincare Holdings believes oxygen therapy is one of them. The – Read more