Lincare Employee Reviews

Depends on Management
ECMC Liasion/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 9, 2017
At one of my locations I had a fantastic boss. The other two locations the managers were terrible, rude and unhelpful. Very hostile work environment, but it doesn't have to be. With better management it could be a nice place to work. I have worked for other companies in the same field and didn't have as many issues.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Poor management
Mentally hard place to work.
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Odessa, MOOctober 9, 2017
As an insurance verification employee I didn't handle customers very much, but insurance companies and even customers themselves can present a unique challenge.

The job is not for the faint of heart. You basically have to kill your feelings in order to work there.
Do not work for this specific branch!!!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Bolivia, NCOctober 9, 2017
Working at Lincare was a truly terrible experience. The women in the office are the Gossip Girls. It is insane. Management makes promises that they never intend to keep, and encouraging office personnel to trash one another. Management will also take credit for any work that a CSR or tech does, and will throw you under the bus to save face. It's absolutely awful and I cannot imagine a situation where a person would be desperate enough to choose to work in that environment. If you do decide to work there, good luck.
Pros
You get to go home
Cons
Literally, everything else.
Don't
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAOctober 9, 2017
By far the worst job I ever had. There was no achievement recognition. Time management was by far, hands down the worst I ever encountered. Overtime was an option, but it was never enough to get everything done. We were overworked and underpaid and the turnaround wasn't much different from a revolving door. On average, employees last about 6 months. Upon starting there, existing employees made bets on how long I would last.
Terrible Management
Up Front Review (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 8, 2017
Treated very poorly by upper management. Blamed for everyone else's mistakes. No appreciation or acknowledgement for working hard and ensuring everything is done properly on my end.
love working for the company, the people are friendly and the regard everyone as equal.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVOctober 7, 2017
lincare is a great place to work. I will recommend it for any one. it accommodate their workers by giving a helping hand in time of need. the only thing I notice about the place is lack of trust and gossip. apart from that I loved my job and wish to continue working for the company. but unfortunately I had to leave for other personal reasons. I wish to get my job back
Pros
good and comfortable place to work
Cons
gossip
Stressful, but rewarding
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Evendale, OHOctober 6, 2017
Long hours helping those in need of medical necessities. Good job if you don't mind the long hours and low pay. Good feeling knowing you are helping someone in need.
Cons
ON Call
Not Good For Mental Stability
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYOctober 6, 2017
The only good thing about the job is the endless supply of free coffee and water. No matter what your position you will be sucked dry. Sadly, the joys of being a good sales rep. have been taken away by the management. No one will ever say thank you, good job or even good to have you on my team. It’s horrible!!! The moral is at an all time low.
Pros
Free coffee and water
Cons
Disorganized, very poor management, low moral
flexible and steady
DME medical coding and billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 4, 2017
Lincare is a very well known dme company in which has a lot of ability in being successful.

Expands knowledge on insurance and the process of billing from beginning to end.
DME Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 4, 2017
If I didn't have to relocate I would still be there the company cares about their employees, they have a great training program setup, management knows what they are doing and are patient. I would recommend this company to those looking for employment and customers looking for a respiratory/DME provider.
Great coworkers and close to home.
SPECIALIZE ACCOUNT REP (Former Employee) –  Odessa, MOOctober 4, 2017
There was not a typical day at Lincare. This was one of the first Held Sales Center to open under Lincare.
My job was to learn what I needed from insurance companies, doctors office, hospitals or clinic to solve the unpaid account.
The first site manager I worked with had not been in management before and it was hard the first 6 months but we all worked with her and got the job done and hit our over all goals each month.
Workplace culture was a little lacked for me due to the fact that I am old school and have set myself standards for my work environment.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the insurance changes that the insurance companies would do.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting or exceeding my goals.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
Not knowing what the day would bring.
so so
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJOctober 4, 2017
great starter company if you are looking to get into the medical, dme, respiratory, or oxygen business. not a long term residency if you are looking to make a decent living. especially in NJ
There was very little training. Many times I had to ask other people who worked there for several years.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 1, 2017
I did learn valuable experience and health-care knowledge such as dealing with durable medical supplies. I would use my customer service skills and talk to the patients, physician offices and insurance companies every day.
My manager loved to micro-manage and she would give you an assignment and just assumed that you would know how to do it.
Numbers driven
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 1, 2017
I managed an amazing team at this organization, however, the middle level and senior leadership we incredibly numbers drive- patients were numbers and that was it. Coming from a clinical background this was incredibly difficult for me and ethically as well. If you are sales driven and not clinically driven this for profit company is the company for you.
Fast pace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNSeptember 30, 2017
Lincare, Inc. has great opportunities. More educational on oxygen and durable medical equipment training can be use for customer service. Lincare was the opportunity for me to leave CSL Plasma.
Pros
Fast pace.
Cons
Better pay and benefits.
Not a good place to work.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WASeptember 28, 2017
Work started early, ended late. we had two people to cover two entire counties. On call was every other week for 24 hours/ 7 days a week. Under compensated. treated poorly, and we were expected to meet unrealistic demands.
Pros
It was a job.
Cons
everything else.
Poor management
Patient Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 27, 2017
My coworkers are great including my a manager and supervisors. The upper management including corporate office does not treat their employees fairly. The pay also is not great for the work performed.
Pros
Free breaks
Cons
Overworked
Very low salary and poor management
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 26, 2017
Very low base salary. Management is very poor and is very reactive to issues instead of being proactive. Commissions are not easily paid out and require tons of time and effort to clean up. Some commissions never get paid. Requirements are very grey and nothing is set in stone or consistent. Turnover is very high and the majority of employees seem to be very unhappy.
Pros
Freedom throughout work day. Not required to sit inside at a desk all day
Cons
Low Salary, Poor management, Earned commissions take a great amount of persistence and effort to actually get them paid out.
Never Happy employeer
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 26, 2017
Management has very little management skills and basically no people skills. One can exceed the company set goals, be on time, never miss work and the management still finds reason to complain and never say's good job.
Pros
Hours
Cons
enviroment
High expectations without providing adequate support or staffing
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 25, 2017
Reimbursements have been cut dramatically. The company desperately trying to increase revenues but at the expense of its employees. Employees are expected to drive their own cars without full reimbursement for mileage. Multiple employees have either quit or were fired in the last few months without being replaced leaving the remaining staff with little to no support.
Pros
Enjoy the patients and the local manager is helping the remaining staff to do the best job possible.
Cons
Have to drive my own car without adequate reimbursement