Lincoln College of Technology Employee Reviews in United States

Great work place team players working together
Manager Outreach Center (Former Employee) –  IndianoplisFebruary 14, 2016
Great place to work the company has been a great place to work for 27 plus years. Learned allot about team work had a great staff that di their jobs and was concerned about the students. Hardest part was when company down sized and I had to see my whole staff let go.
Most enjoyable was working with the whole staff as a team.
Pros
Vacation great pay
Cons
the way some management down sized the staff
Very productive but repetitive.
Outreach Coordinator/ Data Entry Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2016
I liked the job because I was able to work with students and help them get enrolled into college. I learned how to be patient with customers and comply to their wishes. The management could have been a little better, they were nice but a little too laid back. Sometimes I felt it took a long time for them to respond to our suggestions to help the company. The hardest part of my job was the repetitiveness of it all, sometimes I wish we had a broader work load but I never complained because there was always something to do.
Pros
helping others
Potentially Rewarding Industry, Lacking Objective
National Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 23, 2016
As a National Admissions Representative I had the pleasure of working with a diverse team of individuals that each possessed a strong ambition for success. Further, I enjoyed having the pleasure of meeting hundreds of prospective students over the phone that had a strong desire to improve their future by attending a post-secondary college in a variety of states. Though the industry of College Admissions should be revered as a rewarding and productive career, I found that my experience had been dampened by the job function that was created by this company. The environment created a non-human base of interaction with the students by limiting the amount of personal interaction to only those that could present the most urgency to attend school.
I often felt as though I was in a high-pressure sales position, not an educational guidance or counseling position. The company lacked uniform procedures and organization of their programs, which made it difficult to believe in the product, and the overall intention of providing the level of education to the students. There were, however, very promising aspects to each program, but little ambition, it seemed, from the companies highest level executives to focus on improving the short-comings.
The training was minimal and the procedures changed frequently, sometimes within days of the previous adjustments. No two campuses that I enrolled students into had the same process for getting a student prepared when it came to the enrollment procedure, and often the responsibility of other departments was pressed onto another to try and expedite
  more... securing an applicant.  less
Pros
Assisting students in their future education
Cons
Poor company procedure, lack of training, and little opportunity for advancement
Great Programs
High School Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJune 24, 2016
At the time the management was cool but, my role was to never be in the building. The environment was friendly and the employees were very knowledgeable. The hardest part of the job was that my territory was no where near where I was recruiting but, the best part was that the ones that did come earned a great degree.
Pros
Great family atmosphere
Cons
N/A
lincoln tech
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 31, 2016
Maintain bathrooms student lounge and whatever else needs to be done. I have learned how to operate a forklift.the hardest part is dealing with negative people far wise as the president and a co worker. i like how we have a good relationship with my boss and other co workers.
Cons
no health care
Great
Career Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 21, 2016
This establishment was great! It provides its employees with a healthy environment to come and enjoy work. It's not very challenging, however, which can prove to lead to an easy day.
Pros
Team culture
Cons
Not challenging enough
Very informative
Customer service/ support (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 23, 2016
I shadowed the IT tech at my school and learned for him. This was considered an student internship. I learned what a technician would do around a school for a typical work day.
challenging environment
NATIONAL ADMISSSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 24, 2016
Lincoln college is one of 45 other Lincoln schools in the proprietary education business. The hardest part of this position is the leads generated by the ineffective marketing department which targets a wide array of people instead of targeting the people interested in the programs offered at each location.
Pros
great programs
Cons
Employee turnover
Fun place to work
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 22, 2016
Good place to work with great people. Travel was extensive but rewarding... Helping change lives was the best part of the job
Great Place to work
Lead Allied Health Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 2, 2016
If Lincoln College was still open I would be currently employed there. Everyone was a team player and had the same goals in mind. Students was happy being there as student's and staff and faculty enjoyed their work.
Pros
Students
Cons
Company closed
productive and fun work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 8, 2016
Lincoln was a laid back job... it got busy when we would have orientations for new students..I learned how to be professional here... It was a very close nitted family. I pretty much knew everyone who worked there because i attend school... But i loved this job as well
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
no cons
Used to be a great company to work for, now not so much.
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 15, 2015
Company used to be great. Worked with many wonderful people over the years. The atmosphere was positive and fun. Over the past 5 years the company has gone through many rounds of layoffs and management changes. Currently it feels like the company is more focused on revenue than education.
Great school
Campus Vice President of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILFebruary 22, 2016
Lincoln does a great job preparing students for the automotive industry and has the best educators in the industry. The school was like a family and promoted student success.
Great atomosphere
Sr. Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 23, 2016
Lincoln has a great atmosphere that is great for someone that enjoys working on their own. The people that work here are determined to make sure that the students complete with a smile on their faces an money in their pockets.
Pros
flexible
Cons
healthcare
Best job I've ever had
Director of Career Services (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 13, 2016
This is without a doubt, the most enjoyable job that I have ever had. 100% dedication to students and everyone works as a team!
Pros
GREAT Leadership!
Cons
Mediocre pay
Enjoyable people to work and collobrate with
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  IdahoJuly 8, 2015
Present to high school students about life after high school, and the benefits of an education at Lincoln College. Meet with students and their families to help with the admissions process. Follow all state and federal guidelines, including informing them of FERPA laws. Reach out to high school teachers to set up dates and times to present to their classes. Follow up with all enrolled students to guide them through the process.
My present job gives me the opportunity to help future college students to forefill their hopes and dreams for a great future.
Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 3, 2013
My typical work day involves communicating with co-workers, students and their parents. I schedule career training sessions for our admissions representatives and future Lincoln students and their parents. My primary tools are Microsoft Outlook and computer programs specific to Lincoln college. In performing my duties, I have learned just how challenged today's families are, in reference to paying for higher education. The most difficult part of my job is not being able to enroll each and every qualified, excited student. My greatest joy is the team effort that I share with my co-workers and successfully accomplishing and surpassing enrollment expectations.
Pros
talented and caring management.
Cons
low pay rate, health care
No loyalty
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 4, 2016
Great students, but unfortunately this college is downsizing and people are being let go weekly. The college is down to a very small staff and length of stay does not matter. It is all about enrollment.
Too Expensive
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 2, 2015
They charge too much to become an auto mechanic or diesel mechanic. This leads to uncomfortable conversations after the students make the connection. The starting salary and the amount spent on education don't make sense.
Great Place to Advance Professional Skills and Learn the Corporate Environment
Education Coordinator / Librarian (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 7, 2015
This organization gave me a chance to succeed straight out of college and I have learned an immense amount of knowledge. My proficiency with Microsoft Office products had reached a professional level. Being able to support myself and learning skills on the job has been a blessing.
Pros
Non-Stop Learning
Cons
Job Security - Company Shutting Down Locations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln College of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

Lincoln College of Technology Reviews by Location