Lincoln College of Technology

Lincoln College of Technology Employer Reviews

A place that doesn't care about students or their employees
Welding Instructor (Former Employee), Grand Prairie,TexasAugust 25, 2014
Pros: not productive and a major rip off to students
Cons: being able to encourage students and teach them what i know.
A terrible place to work for someone who cares. This place is all about getting the payments from the students whether they are taught or not.
Terrific students and solid staff. Great question answerers
Online Instructor (Former Employee), West Orange, NJAugust 11, 2014
Pros: easy to work with the school and a friendly faculty and administration
Cons: eleven weeks is a very long course, and i would appreciate five to eight weeks at most.
Something about Lincoln makes it a joy to work there. The students are eager to learn, and that is always a wonder to me and a totally exhilarating experience. Though online you tend to feel alone (not lonely), I knew all I had to do was call one number and could ask any question I liked, and get it answered immediately.

I left Lincoln to take care – more... of my mother, and am ready to go back to online full-time. I hope to find the same open feeling I had at Lincoln. – less
BUNK !
None -- outside recruiter (Former Employee), USAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: no free lunch ...
Cons: would not recommend for my own sons ....
I have interviewed their students for full time Diesel Mechanic jobs in the company I worked for.
Their students did not know how many volts in a 12 volt battery ... the charging voltage of the 12 v system, had not clue how an air conditioning system worked or the high/low pressure numbers .... or the firing order of a 6 cylinder engine or the compression – more... ratios.
They never heard of brake balance or timing, when to reline brakes ( most said to wait for the squeal !!!) Or how to adjust brake with automatic slacks .... some knew how to adjust brakes with out of date slacks only.
That's a LOT of money spent for a LITTLE learning ....

They are NOT ready to go to work or anyone from my interviews ... – less
Fulfilling to help people realize their goal as an Automotive Technician
Automotive Instructor (Current Employee), Denver CO>July 29, 2014
Pros: the students and co-workers
Cons: government regulations
I teach 6 hours of class 5days a week for 4 weeks and then start over with a new batch of student.
I've learned how to deal with people from all walks of life ( including the deaf).
The people I work with directly, we're like a family
Seeing some many co-workers come and go.
Meeting new students every phase, and following t through their course of study – more... and beyond. ( I still keep in touch with students in India) – less
Should be closed down
High School Admissions Representative (Former Employee), IndianappleusJuly 7, 2014
College that does not follow rules set by the Federal Gov. People are all lie to cover mistakes.
Education
Instructor (Current Employee), Columbia, MDJune 5, 2014
This is not a job for those that want to get rich. But it does come with a great deal of reward from educating future technicians.
Was a great company to have worked for.
Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 17, 2014
I always felt supported and was given proper training which made it possible for me to be effective in my position. Lincoln always had their students best interest first. I loved being a part of the Lincoln family.
Great School
Sr. Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMay 12, 2014
Lincoln was a great school to work for. I was responsible to overseeing team that was motivated and knowledgeable, My co-workers were great people and hard workers. I enjoyed open-house the most.
I loved being a part of the Lincoln Family. I would have never considered leaving. I was so sorry about the closing of the Ohio Campuses
Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 7, 2014
Lincoln was a great place to work. I worked for the company almost thirty years. They are vested in the success of each of the students that attend any of their campuses. I felt like I worked with family everday.
Collision Insstructor
Lead Collision Instructor (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMay 1, 2014
Training collision technicians for the future is there goal
Very family oriented. All of the staff cared about the success of each other and the students.
Director of Career Services (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 21, 2014
Pros: freedom to meet with employers.
Cons: hearing that a graduate did not land a job.
-Organized spreadsheets to manage team to their daily and weekly goals
-Collected employer and student surveys to identify areas to improve and adapt new programs
-Met with Executive Director to discuss annual budgets and placement percentages
Not for a family person
High School Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Casper, WYMarch 23, 2014
I love Lincoln college & love working there, however due to the amount of travel required it is very hard on families.
In my current role of Electronic Systems Instructor, I actually experience the ability to shape, change and motivate young lives for the better
LEAD INSTRUCTOR, ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY (Current Employee), Columbia, MDMarch 16, 2014
I love my role as a leader and difference maker in the lives of others. Most importantly, leading, encouraging, empowering and motivating others to make a difference in their own lives, homes, communities, and workplace. Teamwork makes the dream work!
Not enough business and high turn over
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Melrose Park, ILMarch 3, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule.
Cons: high pressure to get students that just are not applying for school.
They make a lot of promises when you start. All leads are given to the people that have been there the longest so this is a short term position and you will have fired on your resume because you wont be able to do better than the senior advisors.
Productive and a fun place to work
Front desk Coordinator (Former Employee), Marietta, GAFebruary 9, 2014
I loved this job. I worked two shift for about 3 or 4 months until they hired a Administrative Coordinator. Then i worked 4hrs a day. so this job is pretty cool.
An environment dedicated to the student's success. Lincoln Florence, KY Campus
Director of Nursing (Former Employee), Lincoln College of Technology, Florence, KentuckyJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: care and concern for student success
Cons: location, very limited
Each day focused on being early to greet the students and on being prepared. We used creative teaching strategies that involved the students as mush as possible.
My colleagues were dedicated to student success
wonderful management and colleagues
Registrar (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 7, 2014
• Oversee all operational activities for student registration, academic records, transcripts, graduations, re-admissions, and withdrawals
• Help to ensure compliance with FERPA
• Ensure compliance with state, federal, and accreditation requirements
• Update and maintain the company managed database of student information
• Assist with classroom assignments, – more... including ensuring that student meet pre-requisites
• Oversee the input of all grades
• Issue grade reports and transcripts
• Assist the Director of Education with the calculation of cumulative GPAs and any follow-up procedures
• Help calculate and determine with the SAP (Standards of Academic Progress) policy
• Review student files for compliance with Lincoln Educational Services, state and federal governments, and accrediting commission regulations and standards
• Provide guidance to students on Lincoln Educational Services academic policies
• Oversee student attendance in accordance with campus policy
• Assist with preparing reports – less
great school learned alot.
Associate in Medical Administrative Technology (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: no job yet 3 years later
learned alot from this school and graduated with honors but i still have no job?! plus this school stole money from alot of people who went their myself included!
Lincoln College of Technology
Regional Director of Career Services (Current Employee), OHJanuary 2, 2014
Lincoln college of technology was a great place to work. Unfortunately they are closing their doors in Ohio/KY.
They rewarded those who were driven, focused and cared about their mission.
I was promoted it seemed like every other year based on performance and I'd like to think likeability.
My co-workers were very thankful, loyal and helpful.
Any time – more... there was a conflict that I, or someone from my team could not figure out, there was always someone there to help. Teamwork was one of the foundations of this company.
The most enjoyable, fulfilling part of my job was securing graduates employment. Watching them walk down the isle towards receiving their diploma or degree was very special. Knowing that each one of them accomplished something with my help not only in the classroom, but I was responsible for assisting them with finding their career, the place that would help them provide for their families.
It's upsetting that a company that treated me so well is no longer in existence in our area. I'm looking forward to my next challenge but will never forget those who put me in place to succeed. – less
Nice place friendly staff
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee), Marietta, GADecember 22, 2013
If you are into feet. then working here is ok. Look for more challenging work.

1 2 3

About Lincoln College of Technology

Lincoln hopes its graduates are better " Abe-l" to get a career. Lincoln Educational Services provides vocational programs from – Read more

Lincoln College of Technology Photos