Lincoln Culinary Institute Employee Reviews in United States

Interacting daily with culinary students
Culinary Chef Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 2, 2016
LCI created a safe and very effective educational environment for culinary students. It was a pleasure to work there.
Great chefs, great colleagues.
I had a great ten years there teaching culinary skills starting with basic skills, Meat, Poultry and Seafood, Garde Manger, Global Cuisine, Pastry and Baking, Restaurant Operations.
Too bad it is over.....
Pros
You can see and measure the good result of your work
Cons
end of business
productive and a fun place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Suffield, CTNovember 13, 2015
a typical day was to over watch and patrol the building and grounds of the students and to make sure they followed the company policies.

I learned how to write correct report of a school incident and how to handle different situations ref to people behavior.

the hardest part of the job was the endless about paper work and reports and the attention to detail to what happened.

the best part of the job was dealing with students day after day and getting a trust with them.

management was great, they let you have the freedom to investigate things without being micromanaged or limited to a limited job duty
Pros
the extra hours you can work
Cons
long third shift hours
Extensive travelling and recuiting
Field Admission Representative (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 2, 2015
Extensive travelling and recruiting. Compensation for travelling expenses. Work from home.
good work envirement.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 18, 2014
I didn't see myself working here long. I enjoy cooking very much and hopes of being a chef.
rewarding position
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CtAugust 28, 2014
Great school and a rewarding position. I gave presentations inHigh Schools, met with student and families and scheduled school visits to tour and take entrance exam.
Enjoyed Working with the people that i worked with
Dining Services Chef (Former Employee) –  Suffield, CTAugust 15, 2013
Very good management team I just enjoyed the student as well as the staff
Good schedule with risk
Chef Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 1, 2013
I would arrive to work 2-3 hours before the start of my 1st of 2 classes everyday to prepare lesson plans. Meeting with students to provide additional assistance with assignments. Review and gather ingredients for kitchen classes. Attend the 4-hour lecture or kitchen sessions daily. Monitor and discipline misbehaved students during lecture and kitchen time. Problems includes surfing the internet during lecture, assignment and project plagiarisms, verbal and physical conflicts in class, deliberate disobedience of directions from instructor, verbally threatening the instructor, etc. At the end of the day, I was responsible to enter students daily attendance and participation/performance scores.
Pros
set schedule and off during major holidays
Cons
low pay and risk of injury by students
great
Fitness trainer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 18, 2013
it was ok nice time had partys was an r.a helped move in students
ok place to work
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 11, 2013
Mostly good people, corporate rules the roost...poorly.

Chef culture, i.e. work you to death
Responsible,experienced,customer service oriented a must.
Associate Degree Culinary Arts, Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach,FloridaDecember 6, 2012
In a typical day at work in Hospitality is always a challenge that I enjoy taking,why?you are exposed to meet all kind of people,lot of diversity and this is something I enjoy doing.Having a customer with a concern,is my concern.I expect no less than a very satisfied customer,this tells me he is going to visit us again and he is the reason we are working.I always threat my co-workers(employees on my helnm) with respect,show them leadership,confidence and full support in what they are doing because what they do,represents not only them but also me and my Company.People sometimes find "hard parts"in the job,for me,are daily challenges to be acomplished and they wil be done no matter what it takes.And the most enjoyable part of my job,is doing a GOOD job,when an employer is watchful,he knows,he promotes and rewards the ones that do their duties as a soldier,any part in my job,I just enjoy it.
Pros
self esteem, confidence in wha you do.
Cons
sometimes you have a family, and off course if you love your family, you miss them.
Great place to work very rewarding
Culinary Instructor (Current Employee) –  Suffield, CTOctober 14, 2012
Love working with student, seeing the light in their eyes when they get that new concept. We are able to work with great product, produce some cutting edge dishes and yet help student see the need for perfecting the basics. It is a job where you can have a lot of fun with both staff and students alike.
Great Mission statement
Chef/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Suffield, CTSeptember 15, 2012
Best part of this job, is that I do what the company says they are going to do