Lincoln Educational Services Employee Reviews

simple concept bad location
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 17, 2017
very simple place but stressful location, noise and bad ventilation. But overall a pretty good environment. online school with high production sales techniques.
Pros
nice people
Cons
bad location
Fast Paced
Senior Corporate Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJAugust 13, 2017
Each day I try to achieve to go above and beyond to meet the monthly goals for each campus. I assist my other team members, answer any questions they have, as well as provide excellent customer service for the campuses assigned to me.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Advancement
The hardest part of the job
Executive Assistant to President and COO (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJJuly 29, 2017
The hardest part of the job at Lincoln Educational Services was watching the company grow too quickly and then having a front row view for the Officers allowing outside influences to impact their decision is going public. Watching the fallout of a $17 dollar decrease in the share price on opening day was devastating.
Pros
True passion of helping people reach goals and attain more in life through our endeavors.
Cons
Inevitable negativity of growing too fast .
Fast paced, always evolving, rewarding
Education Department Staff (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMay 26, 2017
Working at Lincoln is often rewarding, sometimes frustrating, and always interesting. The company is among the best in the field of proprietary education. They work hard and try to accomplish much.

No one goes into this field to make a lot of money. You do it because you believe in what you are doing. That said, be prepared to devote a lot of time and energy to the students and to the company.

Corporate management is generally helpful, and does try to support the campuses.
Pros
Every day is unique
Cons
Below average pay
Great Place to work
Senior Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJApril 11, 2017
A typical day at Lincoln is very upbeat and busy with conducting financial aid appointments but it makes the day go very fast. Everyone is professional and tries to help every single student complete the process.
A good place to work
Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJNovember 10, 2016
A typical day in this position I stressful. I learned a lot about regulatory and compliance as it pertains to financial aid. Upper management is very removed from the day to day and not supportive.
Good company, very good top tier management
Director of Compliance (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJJuly 19, 2016
Top tier management have best interests of company and employees at heart. My job was difficult as there was a lot of travel and the nature of the job - the people who do their job well, the people want to improve, and those who just don't care. I learned an incredible amount here and wish I could have stayed longer as it is rare to work with such knowledgeable people who will share their knowledge and are also genuinely good people.
Pros
Co-workers, knowledge base
Cons
travel
Business Office/ HR Admin
Business Office/ Human Resource Admin. (Current Employee) –  NJSeptember 26, 2015
Effectively and efficiently maintain the Business Office daily functions. Creating and maintaining Human resources files along with payroll and new hire processes.
Great Palce
Senior Telecom Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJSeptember 16, 2015
Good atmosphere and good people to work with. Place has great potential for the education field. Lincoln is a good family oriented company to work for.
Pros
Enviroment
Good experience working for Lincoln Educational Services
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJAugust 26, 2015
As a recruiter for L.E.S I was given an opportunity to grow and learn while being at the forefront of their hiring process. Although at times I felt like the recruitment department was understaff it challenged me professionally to manage such a tall order recruitment wise. I enjoyed the position and the experience it gave me but like they say "all good things must come to an end"

I wish them the best of luck!
Pros
Seasoned Corporate Leadership team
Cons
For-profit Industry making stability shaky
Struggling school system with a lack of leadership
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 17, 2015
closing schools, looking for reasons to reduce staff. The priority once was taking care of the customer but now it is how to get the stock price up.
Pros
you get paid every 2 weeks
Cons
no upward growth
Great learning environment
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 21, 2015
My day consisted of leading a team of admissions professionals and collegues. I spent my time, coaching, training, advising my staff and working closely with students to help with day to day activities. I also met with new students and helped them choose the right career path. In addition, I adminstered our social media platforms on a daily basis. I learned that so many young adults need help and guidance when they do not have a support system at home. I looked forward to each and every day working with some of the best professionals in the field. The hardest part of my job was letting students down if they could not be accepted to the program. The most enjoyable part of my job was having the pleasure to work with my staff and some incredible students.
Pros
My collegues
Cons
Downsizing the schools
This company promotes a culture of respect where family responsibilities are considered a priority.
Department Director (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJMay 17, 2015
From the day I started, the best part about working here was the family-oriented culture. Having children, and the subsequent responsibilities that come with it, is not frowned upon. My co-workers have been the best group of people I've had the pleasure to work with and they've made coming to work the highlight of my days.

Thanks to the company's dedication to educating it's workforce, I've had the opportunity to learn a great many things from public speaking, to dealing with difficult decisions, as well as managing change and learning to think strategically like a leader.

I have been afforded the opportunity to wear many hats and learn from my peers as well as upper management.
Pros
Family-friendly culture, great co-workers, very flexible
Cons
Unstable industry, healthcare costs
Fun high paced environment
Director of Financial Aid {Green Valley Campus} (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 8, 2015
Fun work environment very high paced. Typical work day would include interviewing perspective students, assisting continuing students with any number of issues, completing weekly reports, conducting exit interviews, and assisting admissions with walk in student inquiries regarding Title IV funding.
Pros
Laid back environment, close to home
Cons
low pay, limited training
Great Environment
Administrative Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 30, 2014
Great environment to work in but definitely no room for advancement. Everyone that worked there had worked there for years. Another thing they closed the campus I was working at with little notice and had no room for me at another campus, and my severance package was garbage. Overall I really only liked working for the company for the students and most of the staff.
Excellent Company with excellent benefits
DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 17, 2014
Lincoln continues to be employee and student driven.
We have changed the lives of thousands of men and woman.
Pros
Making a difference in people's lives
Cons
Struggling in today's economy
Professional enviorment with a very flexible schedule in a new department
Contact Advisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 2, 2014
For the three months that I have been with Lincoln Educational Services I can say that it has it's pro's and con's. The professional atmosphere is definitely a plus as well as the location and the work life balance. The culture is very strong as well. The default prevention department is still a very new department so the infrastructure is very raw at this point so you have your good days and your bad days. In regards to job security it's very difficult to feel 100% secure but due diligence seems to be the key to retaining longevity
Productive and Challenging environment with growth opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJMay 15, 2014
Day to day contact with various campuses, internal departments and vendors. Great working environment and lots of opportunity to learn.
No Comment
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJNovember 11, 2013
A brief assignment in which it was not a positive work environment. However, I did leave for a better opportunity..
I learned a lot
Campus Recpt. for Admissions and Administrative  (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioJune 20, 2013
Very fast paced, high volume. I enjoyed my job. I loved working with the students.
Pros
Working with the public