Lincoln Electric Employee Reviews

Very Picky, Very Petty.
Stockkeeper C (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHApril 10, 2017
I came in to work on time every single day. I did my job and more. but because my work was based off production and your "metrics" had to be %100 they will pick with you, especially over tiny things. They wont even give you a chance to improve. They won't help you. One major thing I've learned working there is to stay to yourself And do your work. watch your back. On the bright side Most of the people there are nice. the food was good and you had a lot of overtime which is always a good thing. Other than that, I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there. Lincoln Electric isn't what it use to be. They Don't care about their workers.
Pros
Great food, Lots of over time. Might meet nice people.
Cons
Short breaks, no rest, very petty.
N/a
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHApril 1, 2017
Punched in at the time clock .Went to assigned work area or post. checked in with other guard.Then continued my day.
Management was all over the place. The best part of my job was lunch time!!! They had a good size cafe.
Pros
Bonus at the end of the year.
Cons
short breaks
do not care about employees
Tow Motor Operator (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHMarch 30, 2017
they only care about the bottom line not how employees feel about the environment you work in just get the numbers and dont say anything if you want to keep your job
Not for everyone
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 23, 2017
Lincoln Electric can be a rewarding place to work. However it is not for everyone. Has the typical red tape as any big corporation. Seems to be who you know and not what you know to get anywhere there. All and all it's a decent place to work but again.. it's not and easy place to work either.
Pros
Very family oriented, bonus at the end of ther year.
Cons
Health care is garbage and VERY expensive, no brakes, short lunch, very dirty in places, very loud
great employer
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 7, 2017
Great employer, trains well, lets you learn new skills.
coworkers very helpful. Very strict on time. Could be little more linnet time off. Always busy
Field service tech
Field service technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 28, 2017
As a field service tech at Lincoln electric Jewel travel throughout North and South America with company provided credit card and communication equipment. It is your job to maintain and repair or instruct employees of other companies to operate and repair Lincoln electric brand welding equipment
storeroom clerk tow motor driver
Tow Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHFebruary 27, 2017
I enjoyed this job I learned a lot in a short period of time. pulled orders from storeroom delivered to the correct bay in a timely fashion. I also wet to weld school where I learned how to stick .mig. and tig weld
Pros
lots of room to grow
Cons
very longs hours
Get a personal employee opinion if possible before applying to Lincoln
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 26, 2017
I have been an employee at Lincoln Electric for over 10 years. I have seen many changes at the Euclid location in that time. I feel the employees are not appreciated or compensated as much as they should be. And I have seen quality levels steadily decline. I am concerned about my future at Lincoln and that is the reason I seek employment elsewhere.
Pros
Guaranteed employment
Cons
No control over job description, pay, or health benefits.
Lincoln Electric provides great opportunity
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHFebruary 20, 2017
Lincoln Electric provides a lot of flexibility which has allowed me to gain expertise and experience in multiple areas. It is a very physically demanding job that requires me to work multiple shifts every week. I enjoy the diversity at Lincoln Electric, however, the morale could use improvement.
Used To Be Great
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHFebruary 18, 2017
Lincoln used to care about its employees. Now they only care about corporate greed.
Only promote the good old boys club. Management bullies at every level. Purposely, screw with the employees because they can.
Benefits don't exist.
Annual bonus is only a wage adjustment.
Wages are low.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the place
Good luck trying to enjoy your free time
Package Handler (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHFebruary 17, 2017
Typical day: walk into work...could not be even 1 second late because they used time cards. Started working right away no down time except for 30 min lunch. Package area was always stressed out and too busy. Not enough employees. Most neglected part of the corporate building. Constantly sweating and shift was from 5am to 3pm. I only did it for future opportunity as an engineering/IT student. Otherwise I would have rather been a pizza delivery man making 12 - 18 an hour for driving my car.
Pros
30 minute lunch break / nap
Cons
8 to 10 hours of physical pain
Rewind Operator.
Rewind Operator (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHFebruary 14, 2017
Job Sucks! I wouldn't recommend anybody going here. A lot of pay cutting. Was a good company 5 years ago. Not so much now. Management sucks. They play favoritism medical to high. And they expect you to survive by cutting pay.
Pros
Bonus Check
Cons
Non union, no pension, piecework, swing shift
Productive place to work
Coordination Supplier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 11, 2017
A productive and exciting place to work. Everyday there is something new to learn for advancement in life and work career. Very cooperative staff and a very cooperative management team.
learn a lot of different work centers
Module test tech/sub assem tech (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 27, 2017
very good place to work but a lot of changes are taking place alot of pay cutting now in affect still a very good Oppertunity for anyone who"s hungry and can work rotating shifts every week alot of our work was sent over to china and mexico last year was very tough didnt work alot so being on piece work it was frustrating especially when alot of piece work prices got cut
Pros
fun and fast paced
Cons
rotating shifts every week not a lot of work for us last year
did enjoy working there
Welding Technician (Current Employee) –  clevleandJanuary 20, 2017
management pushing people out making it hard to work in an environment that has someone telling you have to do this and that micromanaging or your fired.
Machine Assembler
Machine Assembler (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHJanuary 10, 2017
I am a contractor/machine assembler at Lincoln Electric. I've learned how to build & put together parts of a machine. The management & co-workers work with guidelines & deadlines on upcoming projects that are due & discuss quality policy & quality objectives. The hardest part of this job is having to stop for another project but I've learned how to communicate with my leaders and work together about the status of the project. The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team & great communication to get the work done.
Pros
Festivities
Cons
Short Breaks
Job was a head ache EVERYDAY
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHJanuary 3, 2017
Its piece work so everything is a RUSH! employees throw each other under bus to get ahead... Merit rate is a joke its all about favoritism, they give good rates if you kiss up. Work was not consistent... Up and down. I hated the swing shift.. You have to deal with jealousy, greed, envy on a daily basis... High medical insurance that continues to rise... All factors plus some why i didnt enjoy working here...
Pros
Bonus Check
Cons
Swing shift, High medical
Hard work pays for itself
Piece Worker (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHDecember 20, 2016
The more focused and determined you are, the more chances of making money in this generally piece work environment. Co-workers can be nice and generally help out when needed. Long hard hours take a toll on your body and the swing shifts dont make it any better. Its a tough job but pays for what you put into it.
Hard everyday work
Rewind Operator (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHDecember 18, 2016
If you work hard everyday then you will make money. Lincoln Electric is a piecework company. You will also be required to work swing shift. Management typically shows a lot of favoritism. If they like you than you will get a good line to run. You don't really have good relationships with co workers only because no one is getting paid hourly.
Pros
Good annual bonus
Cons
swingshift, poor management
Nice clean shop
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 15, 2016
Too many supervisors over the machine shop. Management is aggressive and does not care about employees under them. Making them money is top priority over health and safety
Pros
Clean shop. Decent pay.
Cons
Management sux

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln Electric. Our community is ready to answer.

Lincoln Electric Reviews by Location