Lincoln Electric Employee Reviews in United States

Certain jobs are good, communication is bad from management to employees
Mixer/Operator/Binman/Weigher (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHMarch 21, 2016
The overall job isn't bad but as far as working with the employees on schedules and communicating on what is going on with the company is bad. Never know until the last minute when hours are going to get cut or cancellation of overtime.
Pros
Get discounts to certain places or events.
Cons
Short breaks, no paid holidays
manufactoring
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 11, 2016
Great place to work. worked on the assembly line. work slowed down and I was laid off. But when they are busy you make great money.
Up and down pay
Assembly/tester and inspector (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHFebruary 4, 2016
The way Lincoln Electric pays their employees is too up and down for my taste. You never really have know idea how the work load is going to be which can really mess with your pay.
horrible job decent pay
Machinist Operator (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHFebruary 1, 2016
rotating shifts every week, dirty environment, no room for advancement. After three months of working there I was moved to better paying lines only to be countered by a new piece work price or an increase of make out. For anyone who has never known a job that works off production this was not an hourly pay job, say I had a goal of 100 coils per shift, if I made more than that on a regular basis the company would always push for an increase of make out for the same money or pay me less for each part I made... more work for less pay!
Pros
company christmas bonus
Cons
rotating shifts every week, dirty environment, horrible management
Beware of wolfs in sheep clothing
Unappreciated (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHJanuary 14, 2016
This is one of the worst, disfunctional campanies I have ever worked. Leadership is archaic and disfunctional, your basi good old boys club. Professional growth is bottlenecked at the top so there is little to no room to grow! The compensation is less than industry standard and they use a profit sharing bonus to make up the difference but when you startm you only get 75% then you have to deduct 25% flat tax and local tax then the cost of your benefits. They also bate potential candidate with a bonus advance so that is another deduction at the end of profit sharing year. They do offer guaranted employment after 3 years but now the economy has taken a step back for Lincoln, they decided to "Terminate" 200+ salaried employees before August 1st so they would not have to pay a 2015 profit sharing bonus, but they never laid anyone off, why would you when you can just terminate! The hourly workers are on 20-24 hour work weeks, just terrible!
Pros
Culture and some work life balance
Cons
Compensation, Advancement, Management, Corporate structure
Not for me. Wouldn't recommend
Metal Piece Worker (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHDecember 14, 2015
Its been a while, but from what I experienced wasn't pleasant. It was a very stressful job and the work schedule took a toll on the body.
Pros
non
Cons
morale, management was terrible, horrible work shift, cut throat mentality
good
WIREMEN TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Union, NJDecember 14, 2015
wiring of control panel lot of wiring just get the job done not bad to work with changes when job is completed small father and son owned not very good beniifits
its ok
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHNovember 19, 2015
the place is just ok just go to work do your job stick to yourself and go home and enjoy life. If you like physical labor long hot/cold days this is the place for you.
great place
Engineering II- Assist Engineers, Building (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OhioNovember 14, 2015
I test and build welders, learned a lot from the engineers, worked out on the assembly line to make sure the product was/is built to print. I got along with all my co works learned a lot from them also. I kept management informed on everything I did, my most enjoyable part is always learning new things.
fast paced, very detail oriented
Production / Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 15, 2015
exciting place to work with helpful team. The pay was based on piece work. The faster you worked the more you were paid, great incentive.
Pros
high paying salary
Cons
terrible work hours
Quality Assurance Inspector
Q/A Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 11, 2015
Insure adherence to company policies and directives. Insure personnel accurately pulled customer orders. Provide a direct link for the cooperate and field offices at the distribution center. Provide upper management with information and reports on center statistics.
Pros
Challenging, fast paced environment with multiple job responsibilities
Good work environment nice people
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Loramie, OHSeptember 19, 2015
Overall the working at Lincoln is great. If you are a healthy young person then everything will be fine. Their health insurance is worse than Obama Care. Be careful about their random drug screens they want a T Total clean employee.
Pros
Nice friendly workers.
Cons
Really bad health insurance.
Very professional work experience
Supply Management Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2015
Lots of chances to advance. Lots of long term workers working alongside young workers. You determine how far you want to go to advance your career.
Pros
Great Bonus
Cons
Lower weekly pay
Na
North America Manager of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 21, 2015
North America Manager of Human Resources served as a hands-on leader, within a Generalist capacity, providing support for the U.S.based acquisition companies.   Led efforts in integrating recently acquired businesses and partner with senior leadership, to include Operations, Corporate Development, Legal, etc. regarding integration, ensuring  consistency with policies and procedures, where possible.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Manufacturer of Welding Equipment and Supplies
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 29, 2015
A good company to work for with good pay, benefits and job security. Lincoln Electric is an American multinational and a global manufacturer of welding products, arc welding equipment, welding consumables, plasma and oxy-fuel cutting equipment and robotic welding systems.
I learned something new on a day to day basis
Quality Assurance Tech/Technologist I (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 15, 2015
Working at Lincoln Electric is a very good career opportunity for me but unfortunately I would like to relocate by to my home State with my family.

Overall rating 5 star

on a day to day basis I learned something new.
nice place to work for
assembler (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHJuly 13, 2015
get a good work out before starting.you learn that it is a lot of companies that use our product. good managment nice co-workers lifting those welders is the hardest i enjoy keeping customers happy.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
healthcare
Account Manager Spanish division
ACCOUNT MANAGER SPANISH DIVISION (Former Employee) –  Euclid ohioJuly 1, 2015
Took orders via phone and email; Processed and scheduled shipments; Fee collection and customer feed-back; Management was not on-site, worked independently
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
contract position
summer work
powdered paint (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 10, 2015
i worked durning the summers in a college student work program. most of what i did was just normal production, while gaining the expreiance in a manufacturing environment.
great management teams, great co-workers, good pay,
press operator (Current Employee) –  6500 heisly roadJune 7, 2015
I use different chemicals to make chemical mix to clean the machines. My work load is generally light, the manager lets me do my job and does not bother me much, sometimes I don't even see him for the whole day. Really a fun place to work.
Pros
great bonus, good management, good company
Cons
sometimes work gets slow, no paid holidays, hours cut back