Lincoln Families Employee Reviews

Growing Environment, Great sense of Community
Program Assistant/Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 25, 2016
I learn how to be a better professional and manager. I excelled in my clerical skills and learned how to maximize my time and daily duties.
Pros
Additional Training and Networking
Cons
No Benefits due to job status
Collaborative and Compassionate Work Environment
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJuly 7, 2016
I have been able to gain valuable work experience since starting at Lincoln as a MFT Trainee in 2013 and then being hired as a clinician (MFT Intern) since 2014. Supervisors, managers, and colleagues have all contributed to a fun and supportive work environment where I felt free to ask questions and also build personal relationships.

The nature of working with youth who have experienced trauma and/or poverty can be very difficult. Lincoln as an agency is aware of these challenges and helps support staff through self-care days, individual and group supervision, staff meetings, and training. Medi-Cal billing can also be demanding and have a steep learning curve, but this is an important skill that can help further a career in this field. I have always been able to find help from Lincoln staff in learning the ins and outs (and constantly changing nature) of Medi-Cal billing. Even with the challenging nature of the work, I have always felts supported and encouraged to find a balance between work and personal life. I was able to take a great maternity leave when I had a baby and felt supported returning to work and pumping for my baby.

Overall, Lincoln has great agency values and puts those into action in the community. The CEO embodies these values also and has had personal meetings to hear the perspectives of employees. I have really enjoyed working with Lincoln and value the experience I have gained, as well as the personal relationships I have formed.
Pros
Compassionate staff, great experience for gaining hours, helpful learning environment
Cons
Non-profit salary
Low wage, burn-out
Behavioral Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 22, 2016
Lincoln is not the ideal non-profit to work for if your compassionate about working with youth. Meeting billing expectation quotas goals took a lot of heart out my passion to work with children underprivileged. The Pitsburg, CA (HOPE) program do not provide on the job training for non-clinical employee. Non clinical employees job were very similar to a clinicians. Your forced to dismiss clientele that doesn't have medi-cal. A lot of the work done with the youth was very repetitive with a lack of support from management. Supervisors wants you to falsified documentation without it being true. A lot of the management team would be so stressed out. When this company would get an audit that didn't meet federal regulations they'll find another way to skeem just to be compensated for billing. Week after week your forced to meet all of these expectations without no prior training. In addition to meeting with your direct supervisor you meet for group supervision, and team meetings that are all meaningless without coming up with a solution. Often times management was so uptight and stressed as well and took it out on employees.
Pros
Good medical benefits, meet great people and work with families from various different cultures
Cons
Burn-out, stress, Work Holidays, Travel, Late or No Mileage Reimbursements
Worst non-profit out there
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 12, 2016
the hope program is terrible dont work here unless you want to get burned out super fast or are the type of person that enjoys suffering i think a lot of us in the helping proffession enjoy it lol anyways i have a msw and this was a terrible place for my 1st msw job
Pros
nothing is good
Cons
its all bad
Great workplace to grow and learn
Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 17, 2016
Really enjoyed working for Lincoln. There was alway a push to grow as a counselor and the support to go along with the push. I work out of Fruitvale elementary school as a intervention specialist. I assisted a caseload of up to 20 clients with meeting treatment goals to assist them with managing within the classroom. Partnered with the principal and teaches to develop treatment goals for clients. Participated in weekly meetings with parents and staff with the focus being on family culture and climate.
Pros
supportive, great work environment, positive staff
Cons
low pay, can become boring
Warm, Supportive Place to Work
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alameda County, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Lincoln is a place that is near and dear to me. I have found Lincoln employees to be some of the most warm, genuine, compassionate, loyal individuals I've ever met. They are dedicated to working in the field of mental health with some of the most disenfranchised individuals and families in our communities. Additionally, the supervision I have received at Lincoln has been of the highest quality. My supervisors have not only supported me, but have also challenged me and fostered my independence and professional growth. Overall Lincoln is a warm, positive, welcoming workplace that makes it hard to consider working elsewhere.
Pros
Warm, positive coworkers
Challenging and ever changing workin environment.
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 17, 2015
An interesting place to work, with many opportunities to stretch and grow interpersonal skills. A place where one has the opportunity to receive weekly supervision and training support from management. A great place to strengthen entry level skills.
Pros
Supportive of working mothers
Cons
overwhelming workload
N/a
Kin Navigator (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 15, 2015
The work environment at Lincoln Child Center is homely and welcoming. They have great compensation benefits as well as awesome medical benefits. Everyone that works there is on a mission to empower the youth who are struggling mentally and those who are at a disadvantaged simply by race, economic background, and other factors that may cause trauma among our young generation.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Hard work place
Marriage and Family Therapist Trainee (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 11, 2015
This was a difficult place to work and I didn't feel supported in my journey as a new therapist. It was a very hostile environment to work in.
Pros
Got hours to graduate
Cons
Lack of support
Good, clean place with many resources
Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 25, 2013
This was a great job because we always got this done. My boss was always understanding and willing to work with me.
Great Environment and Worthy Programs
Group Counselor/Medical Coordinator, Full-time (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 12, 2013
I like the work environment as it balanced the stressful nature of the job. I liked the people I worked with and the client we served.
School setting for A.D.H.D children
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 23, 2012
School setting for A.D.D and A.D.H.D Children, I worked as a Teacher Assistant and P.E coordinator! No complaints!
Pros
did a lot of fun thing's with the kids that brought out the kid in me!
Cons
at time's we would restrain a child for safty reason's!
Productive, fun enviornment with loving children.
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 26, 2012
A typical day at work was supervising and providing care for severly emotional disturbed children. I learned to crisis communicate, positive reinforcement, conflict mediation between clients and their peers. Communication between staff and management was professional. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers,I workedwith a great team. The hardest part of my job was seeing the children not be able to go home. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the children progress in the program and accomplishing their daily treatment plan.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln Families. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9