Lincoln Financial Group

Lincoln Financial Group Employer Reviews

It's a good company with lots of perks
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 31, 2014
Pros: breakfast and lunch is available
Cons: short breaks alot of overtime
Its a good company with a lot of different departments for advancement and a lot of diversed people,
It really depends on the floor you are on
Case Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 26, 2014
Pros: benefits, lots of room for growth.
Cons: very poor leadership on some floors, people are not promoted based on their work.
LFG can be great or terrible depending on what floor you are on and who the leadership is in your department. The benefits are great but if you have a personality and like to interact with people this is not the employer for you.
Great job with slow compensatioon
IT Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 24, 2014
I have really enjoyed working at LFG. Overall, the company is a great place and people truly care about the clients. My only issue has been compensation as it's taken almost 9 years to go from a starting salary of $50K to $ 67K. That means it will take at least another 5 to 7 years for me to reach the max salary $75K.
This job was my second customer service job experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 19, 2014
Pros: cafeteria on site, benefits, and fair pay.
Cons: the commute became difficult due to lack of transportation at the time
I really enjoyed this job. I learned a lot about life insurance policies and how they worked. I really enjoyed that they would have a lot of pot lucks and luncheons for the staff on the floor. However, this position did not last long for me due to the fact that it was only temporary. I really enjoyed working for this company. They really treated each other like family in the department that I was in.
Great company to work for
Data Analyst, Retirement Plan Services (RPS) Group (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 11, 2014
Doing data analysis, campaign analytics, marketing campaigns, statistical analysis, strategy design, hypothesis testing
Lincoln Financial Group is a wonderful company to work for
Underwriting Assistant in the Phoenix AZ (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 4, 2014
In my current position, I work with our field offices and sales reps to create a proposed quote that is sent out to our brokers offices to help with selling either new business or additional lines of coverage.
Excellent employer
Analyst, Quality Assurance Software Testing (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 3, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours, ability and equipment to work from home.
I've been extremely fortunate to have been continuously employed by Lincoln for 27 years. I've seen a lot of change over the years, including selling large divisions, "right-sizing", decreasing the number of employees with experience. I feel though, that Lincoln really cares about it's employees and does what they feel is best keeping all of us in mind.
Great Job
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Hartford, CTFebruary 2, 2014
Truly enjoyed workind at this company.
Co-workers were excellent to work with and were willing to share their knowlege among one another.
I worked as a Business Analyst supporting a LIfe Insurance Administrative system
Worked closely with the developers in resolving problems within a timely manner.
Call Center Customer Service
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Concord, NHJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: steady paycheck, great co- workers, management, health and 401k benefits.
Cons: moral conflict versus company goals.
This line of work is particularly difficult when it comes to servicing existing policies and handling clients, mostly elderly and on fixed incomes. It takes a hard skinned person to separate personal morals with company goals.

I learned this job was not for me, but with the help of great management I was able to last almost two years with the company. If it wasn't for the management and great co- workers I would not have lasted nearly that long. I'm a hard worker and not a quitter, but there comes a point when you have to decide if sacrificing your morals is worth the profit of big corporate.

I enjoyed mainly making friends and having a set schedule with a steady paycheck.
Solid company with core values
HR Rep (Current Employee), Radnor, PAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: benefits programs
Cons: weak senior leadership/managers
Lincoln is a solid company rooted in core values. The benefit programs are second to none. However, the culture has changed dramatically over the last few years. Managers are no longer empowered to make decisions and lead by fear. Senior Leadership is weak and that filters down to line managers.
The company is not up to technological standards and is a revolving door
Investment Services Administrator (Current Employee), Concord, NHJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Compensation is far below average, management is all picked based on who you know, and every employee I know wants out of the company.
Enjoyable environment
Eligibility Management Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: onsite cafeteria and gym
Cons: production environment, job security, pay rate
A typical day was reading what queue we were assigned to for the day and processing enrollments, termination of coverage requests, COBRA requests, etc... all while hitting production guidelines.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Quantitative Developer, Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 6, 2014
Lincoln National Corporation is a Fortune 250 American holding company, which operates multiple insurance and investment management businesses through subsidiary companies. Lincoln provided challenging work and good pay.
Productive and fun workplace.
Informatica Developer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 3, 2014
I learn new things and about managment was cool as well as little bit strict in rules. And co-workers are realy good and were helpful for me
Enjoyed the challenge and history!
Life Customer Service Tax Team Leader (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 2, 2013
Pros: challenge to work with historical policies and work directly with other supervisors.
Cons: missing information in files;no system support for work
Within the Tax Team, I worked with the pre-Legacy system whole life policies where we had to "recreate" dividend histories based on file information. There were no written policies or guidelines and a new work flow system had just been implemented. I loved the challenge of digging into the process and documenting it, as well as managing the daily work-flow. Within 18 months, our work inventory went from an average of 600+ hours to less than 200 hours (with a team of 12).
Great place to work.
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Concord, NHNovember 24, 2013
Nice campus. Great coworkers. Very fast paced environment.
Challengning work environment
xPression SME (Current Employee), OmahaNovember 19, 2013
I would give 4 out 5. Really good work enviroment and challanging projects.
A great place to work
Defined Contribution/IRA Participant Sales (Former Employee), Radnor, PANovember 13, 2013
overall, very well run, good benefits and compensation pachages
LFG
Job (Former Employee), JobNovember 3, 2013
Too many moving parts at LFG. The left hand and right hand are not even on the same body... Lacking technology.
Great company to work for.
Business Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Greensboro NCNovember 1, 2013
Employee appreciation
Team oriented
Community Volunteering

About Lincoln Financial Group

Lincoln Financial Group is a diversified financial services organization headquartered in the Philadelphia region. With $150 billion – Read more