Lincoln Financial Employee Reviews

Friendly environment
Data Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 20, 2017
Entered data from different clients and verified that all necessary information was collected. Management was very friendly and helped with answering questions.
Great fellow associates tough management
Associate (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 19, 2017
no respect of life situations that come up. called during PTO/study time. Thank you and I apologize goes a long way but when generosity isn't used you feel unappreciated. Training is needed. When asking questions was told you should know this, expectations are too high.
Good fellow co-workers
Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 15, 2017
working with clients to provide group health insurance. nice campus. on site gym available for small fee. human resources needs improving. fair compensation. believes and supports diversity.
Pros
onsite cafeteria
Cons
only 1/2 lunch
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 13, 2017
Great company to work for if you get into the right department and under good management, because they are not as they seem to be.

I had a health issue that effected my typing ability which effected my productivity and quality. I was told my typing inability could not be used as an excuse so I elected to have surgery and was out of work for 8 weeks. Upon 2 days of returning to work I was laid off after 20 1/2 years of service.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Mamagement
Nightmare Micromanagers (who are actually incompetent)
Life Client Solutions (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 11, 2017
It's clear that LFG values incompetence. Clueless, poorly trained client reps loose paperwork, hang up on calls, and generally make it impossible for clients to get paid. That's a built in strategy at Lincoln.

As for the workers, who you are and who you know are more important than skill and knowledge. Again, competence takes a backseat because demographic/affirmative action BS is in control, so people obsessed with race end up calling all the shots. But that's OK, as long as the focus isn't on getting people their money.
Pros
If your the "right" person, you don't have to do anything.
Cons
They're evil.
Great place to start & build a career
Backup Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 11, 2017
There are hundreds of jobs at LFG, so each individual will have a different day-to-day experience. Overall, the environment is professional, but relaxed.

At LFG, I not only learned skills specific to my job, but also what it's like to exist in a professional environment.

The workplace culture is one that values diversity and inclusion, as well as corporate citizenship.
Pros
Benefits package (esp. 401K)
Cons
Office cubes could use updating
A good place to work at
Python Developer (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAMarch 10, 2017
One of the best places to work at. The environment is good which encourages you to give your best with the ability to learn and grasp the best from the environment.
Energetic place to work
Senior Financial Processor, Office Clerks, General (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 8, 2017
Opportunities are always available to move in the company. Challenging work atmosphere. Benefit package is very fulfilling. Very professional place to work.
Great Benefits and Comp Plans
Assistant Vice President - Continuous Improvement (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 7, 2017
Great company for experienced professionals. Not the best at developing talent for lateral career development but a strong culture for promotion with line of discipline.
Not all its cracked up to be
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 7, 2017
Management has no clue what they are doing. Extremely toxic culture, no consistency, worst move I've ever made. Company is morally bankrupt and they tell you in "town hall" meetings that their priority is their shareholders. not the employees and especially not the insureds or their families
Pros
parking, cafeteria on site
Cons
horrible health ins, no job security
Leader in their field
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHMarch 5, 2017
LFG is an amazing place to work and to build a career with. There is lots of room for growth, advancement and learning. There are also ways to relocate if that is of interest to you.
Busy and very confidential and professional
Senior Processor (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHMarch 2, 2017
Very professional and makes sure that each employee is up to date on the continuing education processes to ensure proper protocol.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work to advance your career in finance
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 1, 2017
Lincoln is a great place to work for anyone looking to advance in their finance career. You learn a lot about the financial industry and ways to plan for your own future.
A divided culture
Insurance Processor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 28, 2017
Lincoln can be a great place to work for those employees who have moved solidly into management. For the typical office worker, and especially for employees working through an employment agency, chances for advancement or to be brought on as a permanent employee are almost nil. Respect for your efforts is minimal.
Pros
Good cafeteria
Cons
No advancement/permanent hire possibilities; no respect. No advanced training opportunities.
Great environment
Registered Planner Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTFebruary 24, 2017
Make sure you work for the right planner. If you're an assistant it can be difficult if you're with someone you don't gel with.
Insurance & Annuities
AVP (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAFebruary 16, 2017
Other business lines include Group Protection and Retirement Plan Services. Working at Lincoln was a pleasant experience. Very flexible working environment with an emphasis on work-life balance.
productive and fn work place
Janitor /Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 16, 2017
my greatest thing about work with the eagles is the excitement because I never saw people be so happy about a football game. and I enjoy waking up every morning working at the eagles game because that puts a smile on my face I had meet all the players and the president of the eagles but on thing that I enjoy out of all of this is they food...
Pros
yes i et free lunch when ever i want
Cons
yes short brakes all the time
Temporary work with a great team
Cross Search Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 12, 2017
The team I worked with at Lincoln was great. Everyone was friendly, personable, team-oriented, and motivated to provide quality services; however, the workload itself was exceptionally dull. A typical work day consisted of hundreds of searches. It could get extremely repetitive and boring very quickly, and productivity was monitored. It was also a temporary position, so there was no telling how long the team would stay together and no guarantee of full-time hire. The real reward in coming to work every day for Cross Search was knowing I was coming onto a closely knit team that fully supported each other.
Pros
Great team, supportive and positive work environment
Cons
Very boring work
Very high volume work environment
Lead Chef/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2017
.Very high volume facility. Cooked for the Philadelphia Eagles and was responsible for overseeing 60 + chefs in all aspects of a kitchen. It was mandatory that I have the ability to mufti-task
Needing a change.
Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 6, 2017
Lincoln Financial seems like a good company to work for but I'm just burnt out and need a change badly. Not very happy with management in my department at all. We deal with very high stress levels in our line of work and the workload/stress do not match up with the compensation at all.
Pros
Decent benefits, good retirement plans.
Cons
Below average compensation, micro-management (at least in my department), poor moral (again, from management)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln Financial. Our community is ready to answer.