Productive and a great place to work!
Youth Overnight Counselor (Current Employee) – Somers, NY – March 6, 2015
- Responsible for providing supervision overnight, including physical head count checks, maintaining a safe and clean therapeutic environment, completing daily inspections of all cottage areas, preparing maintenance request accordingly.
- Responsible for ensuring that all residents in the cottage have a clean set of clothes appropriate for the dress code of Ives School on a daily basis. This includes doing laundry in the cottage as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that all residents transition from the cottage to the school in full compliance with the Ives School dress code. This includes documenting on behavior reports for all students meeting the expectation (follows dress code) or not meeting the expectation (out of program- dress code violation).
- Responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of the cottage. This includes kitchen, bathroom, parlor and cottage gym areas during overnight shift. Removing graffiti is considered part of the job responsibilities. It also includes monitoring residents, completing chores during morning routines, documenting the conditions of the cottage on a daily basis in the cottage log and submitting maintenance request as needed.
- Supervise residents during morning routine. This includes all morning routines, wakeups, chores and preparation for the school day and breakfast.
- Providing assistance to other overnight youth counselors through the overnight shift. This includes providing coverage during breaks and assistance with behavioral issues as needed.
free meals, laundry on property