Job Title: Lease Coordinator
Reports To: Leasing Manager
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Coordinate processes for leasing activities within portfolio, special projects and reports relating to the ownership and management of commercial Real Estate.
Handles the routine and daily work of the leasing department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but not limited to:
- Review fully executed leases and miscellaneous lease documents (amendments, subleases, etc.) for accuracy.
- Establish client contacts for all areas of the portfolio including property managers, accounting personnel, and area managers.
- Coordinate process for obtaining complete lease files for all facilities administered within portfolio.
- Perform general administrative duties, such as, answer telephones, send mail, monthly reporting, organize and oversee property filing system.
- Process client specific reporting requirements.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with client(s).
- Prepare and/or edit lease abstracts for accuracy.
- Manage client physical and database lease files to ensure that the lease files contain accurate, up-to-date records and are of institutional equivalent quality.
- Verbal and written communication with Client, Landlords, Manager of Lease Administration, Legal Counsel, and other related vendors.
- Provide answers to any lease-language questions and post-transaction issues, including assistance with client resolution.
- Process client rent rolls utilizing the Leasing database.
- Participate in team meetings and assist in the preparation of individual annual goals.
- Attend seminars/training courses as required.
- Handle other duties as assigned by Leasing Manager.
There are no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree or higher
- 2+ year’s administrative or commercial real estate experience (Property Management or Real Estate Accounting preferred) or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Able to understand the lease administration process
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Property Management Accounting Software; previous use of a database system; ability to learn new specialty lease administration software
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to proofread documents for completion and accuracy – “attention to detail”.
- Strong comprehension of mathematical concepts.
- Experience with databases is a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- There are no certificates required at this time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.