Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company

Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews in United States

A Real Live review from an active agent
Agent, agency director (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 8, 2016
I found it very necessary to write an updated active review on Lincoln Heritage because of some of the negative disgruntled employee reviews I see on different sites.
It is very clear to me that the negative reviews are people who or unsuccessful with the company most likely because number one they didn't follow our proven system number 2 didn't reach out for help when they were struggling and number three had a questionable at best work ethic.
The culture within Lincoln Heritage is one that I've never experienced before in my 25 plus years professionally and working for multiple companies. The Continuous training and support from not only managers but fellow agents is absolutely unmatched. Every single person that I encounter within Lincoln Heritage is there to help motivate and encourage you and help you move and guide you towards success. I left a six-figure job because of this culture I left a six-figure job because of the opportunity this company presents... don't let obvious disgruntled posts deter you from making what could be one of the best decisions of your life. I am an active agent and field underwriter with Lincoln Heritage I am growing my agency and making money just as I expected and just as I was told.
The home office support is also amazing every single person at home office is extremely helpful and supportive I'm rarely on hold for more than 1 minute when calling the home office whether it's to speak with underwriting or customer service or any other department.
The opportunity for growth within this company is only what you make of it but it is there if
  more... you want it with plenty of people guiding you and helping you make the right decisions at the right times. Lincoln Heritage and the Funeral Advantage Program is factually unmatched in the industry we are the largest final expense companies in the country we are a private company which allows us not to have to worry about shareholder decisions and our company only make decisions based on what's best for us as agents and our clients.
This is a real review from somebody who has taken some lumps in the industry but has the faith and work ethic that takes to be a successful business owner and agent within the final expense industry and with Lincoln Heritage.
If you don't have the work ethic and you're not a coachable person you will never be successful in anything anyway, so don't believe the negative comments you typically read take them all with a grain of salt and understand that anything worth anything is going to take hard work and Trust in a proven system.
If you believe in yourself as a hard worker and believe that you're ready to make a change and your income and come to a company that appreciates it agents and clients then pay attention to post like this and not ones from people who have failed and Arden obviously negative towards most everything in their lives come be a part of something positive we look forward to being partners with you.
Pros
Continuous Training, unmatched culture, unlimited income, local teams and sub agencies, simplified liberal underwriting process, fast payments on submitted policies, great advancss, company trips
Cons
Lead cost high but quality is great, all other perceived negatives I really can't think of any negatives at all
Worst rip off - don't do it
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  VermontFebruary 9, 2016
The WORST company in the industry! Horrible management, leads are bad and cost a fortune. I lost money after two years busting my you know what. Once you figure in your costs of mileage etc, charge backs, cost of leads....you won't make a dime!

Basically a glorified lead selling business. I am convinced that's the real way they make money.....Charge backs are constant....leads are sent to the lowest earners who buy but never are able to keep the contract due to personal and financial probs.

Dishonest management worse than I've ever seen anywhere.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Everything you can imagine in a sales role
They are sharks waiting for their next victim
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TxOctober 19, 2015
I worked for this company for less than a year and left them over 90 days ago. Received a demand letter stating that I am to return a large sum of money without any explanation. So I called the corporate office and inquired. They told me that since I was there less than 12 months that I was being BACKCHARGED for my commission on a policy that is still in good standing and the client is standing! My contract does not state anything about this!
Pros
Cons
you have to buy your leads at a high price
It ok with right management
sales agent (Current Employee) –  GAOctober 12, 2015
you have to work long hours first year to build up a sizable paythru... make sure your contract is at least on a 65% anything lower your getting ripped off. i do believe in the system. However after your first year of learning how to sale the product out in the field you MUST MUST MUST MUST start recruiting and building you a team or you will ultimately fail just selling life insurance. The charge backs are a headache once you really get in over a year and im convinced that you'll always have at least a grand in charge back balances so you have to have a team to counter act the charge backs so you can use your overwrite to pay back charge backs . dont get sold the dream of making you a star..all that hype and blah blah blah. you can make money here but you have to sale your butt off the first year. recruit 60% sale 40% second and third year 5050...then after that you should just be recruiting. the residual income is great WITH THE BUILDING OF A TEAM OVERWRITE ( THE MONEY YOU RECEIVE OFF YOUR TEAM SALES) LEADS ARE JUST PART OF THE GAME YEAH THEY COST 30-45 A POP....ARE THEY WORTH IT.... 50% OF THE TIME...
Pros
advance next day
Cons
chargebacks, lead balance
The most time flexible job ever!
Field Underwriter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2015
The main reason I like working for Lincoln Heritage is because I can work the hours that make sense for me and take time off when I need it without asking permission from anyone. The starting compensation for new hires (80%) is fantastic and they provide leads and finance the cost so there is no out of pocket expense! The constant driving around can get tiresome, and some of the leads are not as qualified as I'd like, but a reliable return overall.
Pros
Time flexibility
Cons
Self-starters only. Not a place for people looking to coast.
I worked for this company
Sales (Former Employee) –  New EnglandSeptember 16, 2015
Very much seems like they are selling leads & finding agents to work on a pyramid scheme. I did due diligence & spent quite a bit; time-wise...it was ridiculous - the driving, the meetings, the 'pitch' Home office not supportive and quite a bit of run-around.
Don't bother...only top tier make an money.
Pros
Cons
time intensive, no income, too much spending for leads that are old, stale, and some the people have already died.
Leads are expensive and they sell you the same ones over and over
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 9, 2015
They advised you about the six figure income you can make, but you do not find out after you start working for the company.
WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!
If you are not part of the "click", you don't get new leads. Also my Manager promised me the reimbursement of the cost to get my insurance license. NEVER HAPPENED!! No honesty from Management team. They manipulate the number's so the "click" will be always on the top.
Pros
Work on your own
Cons
Expensive leads and poor management team
Enthusiastic team playing group of people
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 13, 2015
I just started with this company as a new insurance agent. So far I have met some really great people. The product is excellent for many people. They focus on a single product and do it well. The group supports each others goals and demonstrates service and compassion above all. I hope to expand into other types of insurance but I intend to stay with this group, I am so excited about the opportunity to meet people and deliver my personal service.
Former Insurance Agent / Top Monthly Producer in Ga. SC and NC.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Sumter, ScAugust 13, 2015
In my 1.5 years working with Lincoln heritage I enjoyed working the TV leads and mailers. Also meeting people from my hometown Augusta, Ga. in other
Towns. Most of all turning a prospect into a client. My mother was a 15year policy holder Before her death in July 24, 2011.
Pros
The policy is great for diabetics and kids with cerebral palsy
Cons
Rates are high
The leads were so expensive and they sold you the same ones again and again charging you for them multiple times.
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  DAVIE, FLJuly 29, 2015
At the beginning, the job was mostly enjoyable because I worked alone, on my own time and I decided how much I wanted to make. They put original hot leads in your hands and guarantee you are going to sell. You start making money 3 days later, BAM!!! YOU ARE HUNGRY FOR MORE!!!....2 months later the leads went up in price...they started selling me the same leads I had sold myself and others REPEATED IN MY SAME ORDER OF 10, 3 WHERE REPEATED SO I GOT 7 with no shame at all. I would email kindly asking for replacement or refund (they cost 37,47,57 dollars each) and first got a response that didn't even make sense. After that, no reply at all. Also, they offered me a big batch of leads at a discounted 25% price and I accepted. After that I got billed full price for a giant 500.00. No refund ether. Since I was stuck with them I decided to work them. Guess what? Had repeated ones again, and all the rest kick me out . One said he had 17 different business cards from different Lincoln Heritage Agents. That If I didn't leave they were calling the cops. To tell my company to respect their agents and stop recycling the leads just to make money. Additionally, the leads are discounted taking 50% of your paycheck, leaving you with only money to buy more leads. It's just crazy. I LOST MORE MONEY THAN I MADE AT LEAST 4 TIMES. THEY LIFTED ME UP FOR 4 MONTHS AND THEN JUST SHOT ME DOWN THEMSELVES. DO NOT DO THIS. IT'S LIKE A CASINO.......YOU ARE SET UP TO LOOSE.
Pros
FLEXIBLE TIME
Cons
YOU LOOSE MORE MONEY THAN YOU MAKE
flexible scheduling and fun workplace.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 9, 2015
We go to the houses of pre-sold client's list. I enjoy being able to satisfy their final expenses needs to the monthly premium that they can afford.
Pros
bonuses
Not such a great place to work
Insurance Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2015
Don't bother, to much passive/aggressive management to even try to wade through a day. I do not do office politics and can not manage passive /aggressive, so this was not a good fit for me.
Pros
The smokers porch has a great view of a mountain and during the holidays you get a lot of good food.
Cons
Passive/aggressive office politics and too many butt-kissers.
Great Company
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 8, 2015
I'm not sure what everyone is talking about with no support or money but Lincoln Heritage is by far the best Insurance company to work with The Eric Howard Group is a great group of people that help every step of the way.You have to want to work.I cant say enough about this company!
Pros
Team Support, Pay, Atmosphere, People
Fun, Exciting, Great Opportunity
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, York,April 2, 2015
The Miles Group was an amazing group of individuals that were all about team work while creating a culture of indecent forward mobility.
Great place to get involved
field underwriter (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 5, 2015
It is great seeing all walks of life.
You are your own business
making sure the clients understand the true meaning behind our product.
Challenging rewarding place to work
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CaJanuary 21, 2015
This company can teach a lot of sales principals. Room for growth.
Not a great career path
Insurance sales (Former Employee) –  Mobile ALJanuary 10, 2015
If you are already flowing in extra cash, not in need to make money, and have lots of free time, then this is the job for you. Lincoln Heritage has you to drive around day after day, trying to get people to sign up for insurance (using leads that you pay over $800 for only 25 leads for), they give you no compensation for gas, and they don't even pay you what the promise for the sales that you get. It's great for the company, but sucks for the employees. and coming from someone driven like myself, that says a lot!
Pros
you work your own schedule
Cons
they still want to control your time, with no pay!
Stay away!!!!!
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Cleveland OhioJune 23, 2014
Commission only in field with no support, leads they charge you for send you to door knock in very bad areas of low income housing and only advance you if they have checking acct which most do not have.
Pros
freedom
Cons
leads and chargebacks
Work your own hours
Final Expense Agent (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 20, 2014
Commission only position so you make what you put effort into. Requires a lot of driving and being out on the field. Great training and team
Great Experience
Supervising Agent (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 20, 2014
Plotting out territory for day to day business.
Organized.
Time management is MUST.
Very competitive.
Management Role - be open to new and unique teaching habits on new hires.
Learned the power of REFERRALS

Favorite part of position, meeting of new clients learning and adapting to them, always had to break them down and try relating their situation to the product.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
cancellation of policies (frequent)

2.9