Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company

Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

A productive fun environment with wonderful co workers
Telesales Agent (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALMarch 24, 2017
After just two weeks of me being out of training and actually making calls myself ; I made close to $700 with only two sales. My managers and my team were very helpful and encouraging! The only thing I was uncertain about , was the fact when someone cancelled , I still didn't get paid even though they said we would get something for just making the sale. And I did not have a life outside of the office . It made it hard or me to handle business. But everything else is great!
Pros
You get paid passively and residually
Cons
It's commission and you really don't have a life outside of the office
Everyday is not good
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 18, 2017
You spend all day in the car and yes you will start out making 65%commission no hourly pay. They want you to be open availability. It is not for everyone also if a customer close their policy you owe back part of your commision.
Pros
Make your schedule
Cons
Wear out you vehicle
Great Place to Work
Final Expense Agent (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCFebruary 7, 2017
You can really grow in this company if you'd like but it takes years to really start earning the big bucks. The company overall is solid and you get to really earn a decent living.
Not stable
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Dexter, MOJanuary 30, 2017
Never the same pay each month. Some weeks you starve some weeks you are a rockstar. Unless you can sale anything I don't recommend it. Have a backup plan.
not recommended
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 19, 2017
I feel like I pay to work here not that I get paid to work here. it cost more than I make to go to work. Management is nice and the trips would be great but there is not ample compensation
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
no reimbursement for any expenses
Amazing Company
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILNovember 17, 2016
Awesome atmosphere with caring and motivated individuals, who are extremely welcoming and helpful. They are all about success and believe in insuring their agents are successful as well. Could not ask for a better company to be a part of.
#1 Final Expense Insurance Company
Agent/Producer (Current Employee) –  Chowchila, CAOctober 21, 2016
Lincoln Heritage's lead program is what sets them apart from other insurance companies. Clients have requested the product so cold door knocking is not necessary.
Pros
Growth Opportunity, Benefits, Qualifying Incentive Trips
Cons
N/A
2+ years with Lincoln Heritage, and I still love it!
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 13, 2016
The only limit is yourself. It's nice to work for a company that pays more when you work more. The most important thing for me right now is having flexibility to be available for my small children. However, flexibility can be quite a challenge and also a crutch. It boils down to the more I work, the more I earn. It's a simple numbers game, and they have been honest about that from the beginning. The training provided is effective and easy to follow. Weekly conference calls keep us learning and motivated. I don't worry about lead costs or chargebacks because my new sales help pay off those balances, and I still get paid for my sale. There are always contests going on to reward agents who are out there working hard, it's fun, it keeps us motivated, and something to look forward to. The training is effective, the support is reliable, and the process is fool proof. Anyone with people skills can make a good living. All you need is a positive attitude and the desire to work.
Pros
Good leads, contests, great support!
Cons
Flexible schedule requires discipline and time management.
Absolute scam
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 8, 2016
The company's business model is an absolute scam. The leads are completely unqualified, the majority of people are bored in their homes and have no idea what they are even looking at. They had me pay for leads that had already been sold by other agents in the same company before I ever talked to the people. The leads are massively expensive, cancellations are rampant. Out of every 10 leads you receive about 5 are even qualified for your product. In the five months I worked there I showed up and four leads I payed for and the customer was already dead! They think that's a good lead. They will try to steal from you and nearly impossible to make any money whatsoever. I got better responses from customers going door-to-door for companies everyone hates. Run away fast!
Pros
Time flexible
Cons
Everything and I mean everything else
great people there
Sales (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 5, 2016
I Enjoy the co workers but long hours, door to door sales basically. Management is great to work with. Final Expense Insurance sales.
Pros
the people, work when you want
Cons
long hours, commission only
Good Company with excellent Managers
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 14, 2016
Enjoy working at this company. Set my own hours and work independently. Must be disciplined and a self-starter. Very rewarding to help people prepare for final expenses. A good job for people who like to communicate with all types of people during the day.
Pros
Set your own hours
Cons
No set salary
100% Trash
Field Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAJuly 3, 2016
Horrible, tmg is a cult!!! Do not work with these guys are ripoff artist and waste all of your resources when you are struggling, please stay away!!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
TOO MANY
Working from home while raising sons
Life Insurance Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, ILJune 15, 2016
Lincoln Heritage is a wonderful and supportive company to work for from home. I enjoyed all the employees from the home office. They were always there for me when I needed assistance.
work from home opportunity
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 13, 2016
I was managed by someone who was for themselves, so I did not get to learn about this company much. I did not hear from the organization.
Pros
Commission
Cons
some customers did not pay there premiums
A Real Live review from an active agent
Agent, agency director (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 8, 2016
I found it very necessary to write an updated active review on Lincoln Heritage because of some of the negative disgruntled employee reviews I see on different sites.
It is very clear to me that the negative reviews are people who or unsuccessful with the company most likely because number one they didn't follow our proven system number 2 didn't reach out for help when they were struggling and number three had a questionable at best work ethic.
The culture within Lincoln Heritage is one that I've never experienced before in my 25 plus years professionally and working for multiple companies. The Continuous training and support from not only managers but fellow agents is absolutely unmatched. Every single person that I encounter within Lincoln Heritage is there to help motivate and encourage you and help you move and guide you towards success. I left a six-figure job because of this culture I left a six-figure job because of the opportunity this company presents... don't let obvious disgruntled posts deter you from making what could be one of the best decisions of your life. I am an active agent and field underwriter with Lincoln Heritage I am growing my agency and making money just as I expected and just as I was told.
The home office support is also amazing every single person at home office is extremely helpful and supportive I'm rarely on hold for more than 1 minute when calling the home office whether it's to speak with underwriting or customer service or any other department.
The opportunity for growth within this company is only what you make of it but it is there if
  more... you want it with plenty of people guiding you and helping you make the right decisions at the right times. Lincoln Heritage and the Funeral Advantage Program is factually unmatched in the industry we are the largest final expense companies in the country we are a private company which allows us not to have to worry about shareholder decisions and our company only make decisions based on what's best for us as agents and our clients.
This is a real review from somebody who has taken some lumps in the industry but has the faith and work ethic that takes to be a successful business owner and agent within the final expense industry and with Lincoln Heritage.
If you don't have the work ethic and you're not a coachable person you will never be successful in anything anyway, so don't believe the negative comments you typically read take them all with a grain of salt and understand that anything worth anything is going to take hard work and Trust in a proven system.
If you believe in yourself as a hard worker and believe that you're ready to make a change and your income and come to a company that appreciates it agents and clients then pay attention to post like this and not ones from people who have failed and Arden obviously negative towards most everything in their lives come be a part of something positive we look forward to being partners with you.
Pros
Continuous Training, unmatched culture, unlimited income, local teams and sub agencies, simplified liberal underwriting process, fast payments on submitted policies, great advancss, company trips
Cons
Lead cost high but quality is great, all other perceived negatives I really can't think of any negatives at all
Worst rip off - don't do it
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  VermontFebruary 9, 2016
The WORST company in the industry! Horrible management, leads are bad and cost a fortune. I lost money after two years busting my you know what. Once you figure in your costs of mileage etc, charge backs, cost of leads....you won't make a dime!

Basically a glorified lead selling business. I am convinced that's the real way they make money.....Charge backs are constant....leads are sent to the lowest earners who buy but never are able to keep the contract due to personal and financial probs.

Dishonest management worse than I've ever seen anywhere.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Everything you can imagine in a sales role
They are sharks waiting for their next victim
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TxOctober 19, 2015
I worked for this company for less than a year and left them over 90 days ago. Received a demand letter stating that I am to return a large sum of money without any explanation. So I called the corporate office and inquired. They told me that since I was there less than 12 months that I was being BACKCHARGED for my commission on a policy that is still in good standing and the client is standing! My contract does not state anything about this!
Pros
Cons
you have to buy your leads at a high price
It ok with right management
sales agent (Current Employee) –  GAOctober 12, 2015
you have to work long hours first year to build up a sizable paythru... make sure your contract is at least on a 65% anything lower your getting ripped off. i do believe in the system. However after your first year of learning how to sale the product out in the field you MUST MUST MUST MUST start recruiting and building you a team or you will ultimately fail just selling life insurance. The charge backs are a headache once you really get in over a year and im convinced that you'll always have at least a grand in charge back balances so you have to have a team to counter act the charge backs so you can use your overwrite to pay back charge backs . dont get sold the dream of making you a star..all that hype and blah blah blah. you can make money here but you have to sale your butt off the first year. recruit 60% sale 40% second and third year 5050...then after that you should just be recruiting. the residual income is great WITH THE BUILDING OF A TEAM OVERWRITE ( THE MONEY YOU RECEIVE OFF YOUR TEAM SALES) LEADS ARE JUST PART OF THE GAME YEAH THEY COST 30-45 A POP....ARE THEY WORTH IT.... 50% OF THE TIME...
Pros
advance next day
Cons
chargebacks, lead balance
The most time flexible job ever!
Field Underwriter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2015
The main reason I like working for Lincoln Heritage is because I can work the hours that make sense for me and take time off when I need it without asking permission from anyone. The starting compensation for new hires (80%) is fantastic and they provide leads and finance the cost so there is no out of pocket expense! The constant driving around can get tiresome, and some of the leads are not as qualified as I'd like, but a reliable return overall.
Pros
Time flexibility
Cons
Self-starters only. Not a place for people looking to coast.
I worked for this company
Sales (Former Employee) –  New EnglandSeptember 16, 2015
Very much seems like they are selling leads & finding agents to work on a pyramid scheme. I did due diligence & spent quite a bit; time-wise...it was ridiculous - the driving, the meetings, the 'pitch' Home office not supportive and quite a bit of run-around.
Don't bother...only top tier make an money.
Pros
Cons
time intensive, no income, too much spending for leads that are old, stale, and some the people have already died.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.