LINCOLN HOSPITAL Employee Reviews in United States

very difficult
Staff nurse-inpatient surgery (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 20, 2016
Patients are hostile, as is staff. The computers never work. High ratios. Patients are high acuity, regardless of department. Telemetry is like an ICU. Med-sug feels like a step down.
Pros
you'll get experience
Cons
everything else.
N/a
Clerical Aide (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 22, 2016
The people who i worked with were nice people. Management was up to date with everything and work flow on floor is busy. Once the floor is busy, you wouldn't know time finish so fast.
Senior Clerical Associates are very helpful if you don't know something, don't be afraid to ask.
if you are going to be a Volunteer Clerical Aide for one year, that year the people in your department will be your mentors and they will consider you as part of the team. The most enjoyable part is the people who i worked with.
Pros
$ 5.00 Voucher for Lunch.
Cons
Your Not there for a Job, You are there to Volunteer.
ok
Patient Care Associate/ER (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 27, 2016
Working at Lincoln hospital can be a stressful thing. It's very high volume and lots of psych patients to deal with. Benefit are good, but it doesn't equal on the amount of stress you have to endure.
good co-workers, adequate equipment and staffing, poor management, poor pay
rn nurse (Former Employee) –  Davenport, WAJanuary 12, 2016
found this little hospital to be well staffed with hard working people. Management was poor...the nursing manager would talk about the other employees and even bosses. Most of the docs were professional and compassionate. One was not and quite notorious for the way he treated nurses. Pay was one of the lowest in the state.
Pros
good staff
Cons
poor pay, poor management
I enjoy working for this company
Mental Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 2, 2015
I enjoy going to work on a daily basis, knowing that I have a strong and supportive team of nurses behind me. It is always a rewarding experience being a nurse and providing care for patients and their family. It does not matter where I work, as long as it pertains to patient care, it is always a rewarding day at work.
Productive and fun place
Clerical Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 19, 2015
The best time of my life. To be able to appreciate the customer and to satisfy his need was fantastic. My manager was appreciated to me for my hard work. My most enjoyable part of the job was everything especially it brought me joy.
Pros
Free lunch, great salary, and working hours, communicating with customer
Love this place
Customer Service (internship) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 15, 2015
I loved the hospital everyone was excited to welcome new employees and loved their jobs. as a result of this they took very good care of their patients
productive and fun place to be
intern (Former Employee) –  new yorkOctober 3, 2015
Excellent place to be and amazing people and a modern state of the art facility makes Lincoln Hospital a much more conducive place to grow one's career. Diverse patient population also provides ample learning opportunities
Pros
patient mentor
Cons
neighborhood-my bike was stolen on my day 2
A bureaucratic and goal oriented workplace
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 27, 2015
Very grateful for the opportunity to work in this establishment. My co-worker were so welcoming and helpful. The management is very bureaucratic and goal oriented with a focus on established tasked. Very few encounters with politics although the existed. My hardest part of the job is knowing how things operate. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that the organization is very focused on patient care and preserving the health and growth of its people and community at large. Proven history of community involvement with an innovative approach to patient care. One of the best place to have work.
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
Huge organization
outstanding work evironment
Clerical Associate LV l-Film Library (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 19, 2015
i enjoy working here but the problem is i don't speak spanish so i will never get hired here, I work for an agencie. I come in early so i can get most the the work that is due for the day done, so when the other clerks come in every thing is ready. I enjoy working with the doctors as well as the techs. I just wish i could stay but i can't.
Pros
outstanding work evironment
Cons
I don't speak spanish
Amazing
Internship (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 12, 2015
My mentor is the absolute best. I mean she came up with such a wonderful program to feed people in need. This program is everything a community needs.
Very dedicated to clients.
Assistant Counselor / Intern (Current Employee) –  Recovery CenterAugust 6, 2015
Having a multicultural population, they still focus on individual clients and their recovery challenges. I was honored in working with individuals that know their work, and are willing to share the knowledge with others.
Pros
Dedication
Cons
shortage of counselors
Highly motivating and educated staff there.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  The Bronx, NYJuly 3, 2015
Scrubbed in at 7 am, assisted the OR staff, gown and gloved sterol and non sterol group in the operating room.
made sure all implements, sharps, sponges and tools are accounted for prior to incision and before closure
enjoyed in house education once a week with providing manufacturers of hospital equipment used on patients.
all staff was in harmony with helping each other.
Pros
great education all day
Cons
long hours standing on your feet
Productive Work Place
Hospital Care Investigator/Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 1, 2015
It's a City Hospital so it's always busy and fast pace. They offer wonderfu; services to people who may not afford to see a Doctor on their own and the Hospital is very kid friendly.
Pros
Always celebrating employees and patient care services
Cons
understaffed
Working for HHC was great!
Pediatrician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 22, 2015
Although residency was challenging and tough, overall it taught me so much of the community we served; undeserved community with many psychosocial issues. Lincoln Hospital is a community hospital with state of the art emergency and great pediatric care!
great
Administrative Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Best experience ever love the management and work environment. best staff and team great customer service skills and management.
It's very interesting working here
Central Sterile Technician (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 17, 2015
I Like working with SPD because i was doing my internship over and i learn a lot of things over that Department, like how to clean an instrument and also how to sterile it
Staff worked as team
Clerical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 30, 2015
Enjoyed working with patients and parents assisting them in understanding their doctors instructions, how to remain healthy in a enviroment that may caused problems with their Asthma and Allergies and working with the patients schools on how they should give medication in emergencies. Learned a great deal about Pulmonary conditions in Children and adults, recieved assistance from Doctors and Ambulatory Care Department in developing educational workshops for pediatric and adults with Pulmonary conditions. Worked well with co-workers. My biggest challenge was most of my patients spoke little english and I spoke little Spanish this challenge was ment with the use of a cyro phone which take more time but it worked so the patients understood. sucessfully seeing my patients decrease their ER visits and missing fewer days from school and work was the most enjoyable part of my job. also enjoyed working with interns and seeing their growth.
Pros
pros: staff worked as team
Wonderful staff and comfortable job environment
Ambulatory Care/ Clerical Associate II (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Lincoln Hospital gave me the best 7 years of my life. I learned so much and was able to grow with the company. I has such an amazing boss and the staff was amazing to work with.
clerk
volunteer/clerical aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 29, 2014
• Welcoming patients.
• Closing and opening bills and visits.
• Making appointments.
• Filling papers and faxing.
• Keep supervisor informed of problems or issues, monitor supplies needed, perform duties as needed

4.2