Lincoln Land Community College

Lincoln Land Community College Employer Reviews

Laid back and stress free
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Litchfield, ILAugust 28, 2013
Every employee at LLCC is eager to assist in any way and make sure directions are understandable.
Quality professors
Adjunct College Instructor (Former Employee), Litchfield/Jacksonville, ILMay 12, 2013
Pros: felxibility
Cons: pay
I only taught a few classes on a part-time basis, but found working conditions to be very good.
Excellent work environment where we promote opportunities to learn through life.
Registration Services Representative (Current Employee), Springfield, ILMarch 13, 2013
Pros: fast paced work environment and daily interraction with students
Cons: n/a
LLCC is a great work envirionment where I honestly learn something new every day. LLCC offers affordable educational opportunities to those in our district as well as non credit educational opportunities to any who apply. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am able to interract with our stundents on a daily basis. My job requires excellent customer – more... service skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced envirionment.

The hardest part of my job is currently the lack of upward mobility.

Management and the other members of my department are the best I've ever worked with.

A typical day for me usually involves:

- problem solving in a timely matter while strictly following policies set forth by LLCC's Board of Trustees.

- ability to collect tuition payments and register students for classes.

- provide potential students with assistance in acquiring information about Lincoln Land Community College.

- assisting current and returning students with online registration and questions about webadvisor

- filing and records management

- answering phones and routing inquiries to the proper departments.

- manage waitlist program for classes that have filled

- other duties as assigned – less
Great place to network and learn new things
Information Desk Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, ILDecember 5, 2012
Pros: free food, excellent source for gaining education
A typical day at LLCC starts at 8 a.m. with morning classes and half sleep students coming in. My job was to be the first face that everyone saw and made a lasting impression on the people that I came across. Within this job, I learned that there are some things that you can handle and others that you need help on. The managment was excellent! They – more... are very understanding and work with you to make sure that you are comfortable with work hours, time off and sometimes with issues in life that "pop" up. The co-workers at LLCC are very nice and friendly. Easy to approach and very helpful to others.
The hardest thing about my job was the fact that it ended. I enjoyed every day of being there know that in some form or fashion I was making a difference in someones life.
The most enjoyable thing about my position was that I was able to wake up every morning and be happy about the place I called work. – less
fun workplace
Assistant Volleyball Coach (Current Employee), Springfield, ILJune 29, 2012
Pros: fun work atmosphere
Cons: not the best pay
Similar to working for Capital Area Volleyball. I enjoy coaching, especially when players are willing to work. College players are expected to work at a higher work level so I expect them to maintain that. I have learned that I cannot expect girls to be perfect. They make mistakes and learn from them, in theory. The most enjoyable part of the job is – more... see improvement from me motivating girls to be better players and people. – less
Gained my associate degree
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, ILMay 28, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: poor job placement
Was able to obtain my associate degree. I was given the oppertunity of the work study program while obtaining my degree and this was benificial. I enjoyed working in the office environment and was treated with respect.
great workplace
Multi-Media Asst (Former Employee), Springfield, ILMay 21, 2012
fun work place. helping students with saving and printing work. assiting the students with navaigating the computer. the hardest part of working as a muli-media asst is when the printers where having difficulties and students couldnt get there essays that was due right before class. i always found ways to get the students there essays from using different – more... sources. – less