Lincoln Land Community College Employee Reviews

great job
Student Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, ILDecember 6, 2017
positives: great job, good pay, interesting, different things each day, learned, decent benefits, pay for school
negative: bosses don't do much and gone a lot, miscommunication
Incredible People, Great enviroment
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 5, 2017
Working at LLCC has been one of the best work experiences I have had in a very long time! The people are great and the work is just as good! My supervisor is one of the best!
An amazing work environment full of people ready and willing to help you become your best!
Peer and Group Tutor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 26, 2017
At Lincoln Land Community College I met many new people who brought new and bright ideas that helped to further our students and ourselves. It was a wonderful place to have the chance to work for and it really opened up doors for my future.
Pros
Amazing work environment and they are great at working around your schedule.
Cons
Not many ours for part timers.
good
Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 5, 2017
I enjoyed being a apprentice at Lincoln Land I learned and received a lot there was no 40k but I was able to received a forklift, scissor lift OSHA ,CPR Licenses
Excellent place for teachers and learners...
Sociology Professor (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 30, 2017
Relaxed environment, faculty is supportive and work well together, most are student centered. Administration is a bit inconsistent and varies by department, but overall supportive of learning. I have always enjoyed working at LLCC and would still do so, but earned more than I should have as a retired annuitant, college would be forced to pay a large financial penalty per semester for me or I would have to pay back with interest all I have collected though Illinois SURS, neither a feasible option. I have always greatly enjoyed teaching, an advocate of active student learning, considered as much an avocation as a vocation.
I miss the interaction that teaching provided with students especially as well as the college community. A typical day at work was preparation prior to class, ask students if any question, do a focus activity to put students on task, lessons are doing, not sitting and getting, students learn better and more by what I get them to do, less by what I do.I rarely found the job difficult, most likely what should students be learning and making sure all are able to be successful learners now and in the future. Learning has to be a life long experience, learning how to learn is often more important than what is learned.I always found most all aspects of teaching enjoyable...
it was a great place to work while being a student
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 7, 2017
i worked typical short shift around my class period to make an extra couple dollars to help alleviate the cost of travel to and from college.
i enjoyed it, but i wouldn't recommend it unless you are a student at LLCC
Excellent place to work
Business Law I & II Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 26, 2017
Permit you the freedom to develop the curriculum for your courses as you see fit. The students are very respectful and fun to teach. I have taught online and campus courses and thoroughly enjoy teaching.
Decent
Cleaning and housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Springfield, IL 62794August 13, 2017
The hours changed every Friday. Management was okay. The pay was good for the work required. The hours would change in the summer and that was difficult to adapt to sometimes.
Great place to work for a little extra cash
Placement and Testing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 3, 2017
I loved working at LLCC but the pay was not good. They only pay $8.25. If you are looking for a job thats part time to make a little cash I recommend them! Such an amazing place to work.
Pros
great place to work, good people
Cons
pay
Great college to start off.
Full time student (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 8, 2017
I enjoyed the freedom of online and on-campus classes. Also, I appreciated the professors that took their time to volunteer in the writing center. Everyone was very helpful.
learn a lot, great pay and benefits
Student Services Representative (Former Employee) –  litchcfield, ILMay 29, 2017
I loved working at LLCC! The pay and hours were great! I learned a lot and had great benefits. Would have stayed if I didn't move. I love helping the students.
Pros
pay
Cons
politics
Good place to teach.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 13, 2017
As an adjunct I am treated with the same degree of consideration as a full time instructor. Staff is supportive of the program and its students. Instructors have the flexibility to teach the courses as they see fit.
Pros
Supportive leadership
lincolnland
Culinary Department/Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 8, 2017
assisted instructors in teaching students to cook and cleaning up afterwards by doing dishes and cleaning and sanitizing surfaces. doing maintenance by cleaning and organizing.
Pros
good peopl
Cons
not a lot of hours
Friendly Atmosphere that Allowed Room for Growth
Admissions Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 1, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at LLCC. My co-workers and supervisors were very friendly and helpful. Even though I did miscellaneous tasks around the office and never really specialized, I always felt needed and valued. I was always encouraged and complimented on my performance. I felt our office and the other offices were able to work well as a team. For instance, the summer is usually the Admissions Office's busiest time because a flood of high school transcripts are received. I was primarily responsible for evaluating and entering in the appropriate data from each individual transcript and then filing it away when finished. Because of the enormous workload and three month time crunch, everyone would help me out by tackling a small stack when time permitted. I learned the value of hard-work at LLCC. I was able to use my skills and knowledge to further my abilities.
I love teaching!
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 6, 2017
A great opportunity to share my knowledge of 23yrs. I hope to teach full time one day soon! Very helpful and appreciative of your contribution as an instructor.
a lot of fun and very cool place.
Student custodian, Facilities (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 11, 2016
For the moment I worked there, it was very cool, pleasant and the managers were so nice and we had a lot of fun, jokes, while working. I will recommend people to work overthere
LLCC is a great company but department managers are not the best
CDC staff (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 29, 2016
The college as a whole is a wonderful place to work. Most people are friendly, outgoing and helpful. The issue comes when you have several departments who are not on the same page. Managers will tell you one thing on Monday but by Friday they will yell at you for doing it wrong.
Some departments let you leave early or come in late for family issues or appointments. This was not the case where I was. I felt the manager was more concerned about appearances than for her staff.
Pros
great co workers, families
Cons
flip flopping on decisions, management not being flexible
Enjoyable experience teaching tutors and information desk staff.
Assistant Director Center (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 5, 2015
Enjoyable, fun, great students, and working conditions. Hired, trained and oversaw tutors and information desk workers. Assisted in other functions of the learning center. Worked for excellent manager and with talented other staff. Hardest when it was difficult to serve students as quickly as they needed. Working with appreciative students was always enjoyable.
Pros
The students were eager, interested and engaged.
Cons
Dealing with deadlines could pose challanges.
Adjunct at Lincoln Land Community College
Business Law I & II Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 24, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy teaching and even in the on-line environment.

When I developed the on-line course for them, it was a very pleasant experience to work directly with the staff on campus. They were all very supportive and pleasant.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Would like a permanent position with them.
LLCC was a wonderful place to work. It's a learning environment and everyone was always very helpful and friendly at all time.
Program Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 14, 2015
A typical day at work would include helping students succeeded. Management was always focused on what was best for the students. My co-workers were always focused on what was best for the students. The hardest part of my job was having to tell some student that they didn't get into the programs of their choice. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help students in any way possible.