Lincoln Land Community College Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
LLCC was a wonderful place to work. It's a learning environment and everyone was always very helpful and friendly at all time.
Program Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 14, 2015
A typical day at work would include helping students succeeded. Management was always focused on what was best for the students. My co-workers were always focused on what was best for the students. The hardest part of my job was having to tell some student that they didn't get into the programs of their choice. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help students in any way possible.
Adjunct at Lincoln Land Community College
Business Law I & II Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 24, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy teaching and even in the on-line environment.

When I developed the on-line course for them, it was a very pleasant experience to work directly with the staff on campus. They were all very supportive and pleasant.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Would like a permanent position with them.
Great place to network and learn new things
Information Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 5, 2012
A typical day at LLCC starts at 8 a.m. with morning classes and half sleep students coming in. My job was to be the first face that everyone saw and made a lasting impression on the people that I came across. Within this job, I learned that there are some things that you can handle and others that you need help on. The managment was excellent! They are very understanding and work with you to make sure that you are comfortable with work hours, time off and sometimes with issues in life that "pop" up. The co-workers at LLCC are very nice and friendly. Easy to approach and very helpful to others.
The hardest thing about my job was the fact that it ended. I enjoyed every day of being there know that in some form or fashion I was making a difference in someones life.
The most enjoyable thing about my position was that I was able to wake up every morning and be happy about the place I called work.
Pros
free food, excellent source for gaining education
Excellent work environment where we promote opportunities to learn through life.
Registration Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 13, 2013
LLCC is a great work envirionment where I honestly learn something new every day. LLCC offers affordable educational opportunities to those in our district as well as non credit educational opportunities to any who apply. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am able to interract with our stundents on a daily basis. My job requires excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced envirionment.

The hardest part of my job is currently the lack of upward mobility.

Management and the other members of my department are the best I've ever worked with.

A typical day for me usually involves:

- problem solving in a timely matter while strictly following policies set forth by LLCC's Board of Trustees.

- ability to collect tuition payments and register students for classes.

- provide potential students with assistance in acquiring information about Lincoln Land Community College.

- assisting current and returning students with online registration and questions about webadvisor

- filing and records management

- answering phones and routing inquiries to the proper departments.

- manage waitlist program for classes that have filled

- other duties as assigned
Pros
fast paced work environment and daily interraction with students
Cons
n/a
fun workplace
Assistant Volleyball Coach (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 29, 2012
Similar to working for Capital Area Volleyball. I enjoy coaching, especially when players are willing to work. College players are expected to work at a higher work level so I expect them to maintain that. I have learned that I cannot expect girls to be perfect. They make mistakes and learn from them, in theory. The most enjoyable part of the job is see improvement from me motivating girls to be better players and people.
Pros
fun work atmosphere
Cons
not the best pay
great workplace
Multi-Media Asst (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 21, 2012
fun work place. helping students with saving and printing work. assiting the students with navaigating the computer. the hardest part of working as a muli-media asst is when the printers where having difficulties and students couldnt get there essays that was due right before class. i always found ways to get the students there essays from using different sources.
Relaxed environment and encourages learning
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 26, 2014
A welcoming place to meet students and help them with subjects in which they are having difficulty. I enjoy helping students understand matters they did not understand before. I tell students techniques that help me learn, study, and store information.
Gained my associate degree
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 28, 2012
Was able to obtain my associate degree. I was given the oppertunity of the work study program while obtaining my degree and this was benificial. I enjoyed working in the office environment and was treated with respect.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
poor job placement
Laid back and stress free
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, ILAugust 28, 2013
Every employee at LLCC is eager to assist in any way and make sure directions are understandable.
Quality professors
Adjunct College Instructor (Former Employee) –  Litchfield/Jacksonville, ILMay 12, 2013
I only taught a few classes on a part-time basis, but found working conditions to be very good.
Pros
felxibility
Cons
pay

Want to know more about Lincoln Land Community College?

Ask a question