Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center Employee Reviews in United States

Very good working environment and also fun when it comes to bring the customer satisfaction
Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 29, 2016
Co workers and staff are very warm ,also open to new ideas and very flexibles, when it comes to job training as well very good medical response team and the best in traumas responses
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
It was the BEST when I worked there.
( Community Liaison Worker)/ Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 14, 2016
I loved my experiences while I worked at Lincoln Hospital. My Patients,Supervsiors,co workers, the Administration at the time that I worked there were Excellent.
They gave me opportunity when I was fresh out of the Army; that continued for 34 years. I worked Food service/Dietary at the beginning which allowed me to meet every employee that went through my line (and I gave service with a big ole smile). I formed so many meaningful relationships. I had many mentors that guided me to achieve serveral positions ie : dietary aide, nurses aide, Community Liaison Worker. I only left due to a promotion as an Addicion Counselor in 1997.

How good was it to work @ Lincoln Hospital back then? I'd work then volunteer, that's how good!
I was being micromanaged
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF HIMT (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 17, 2015
I was being micro managed by the staff, that I was hired to supervise, .
My superior was not supportative.

I enjoyed working with patients and their issues. Staff members form other departments was very supportative.

It was very interesting learning new functions and implementing new functions.
Pros
Learning new functions
Cons
No management support
It was a great place to work at
Hospital Care Investigator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 30, 2015
Lincoln Hospital was a decent place to work, I enjoyed going everyday and taking care of patients in ensuring their well being.
co-workers were helpful and provided a comfortable work environment.
productive and friendly workplace
Locksmith - Maintenance Department (Current Employee) –  Bronx, New York 10460September 23, 2015
I work in maintance in locksmith shop, love my job management and co-worker are all good hard working employees. my daily routes are making sure the the hospital doors and locks are all in good working standards. And the hardest part about the job is just getting there.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
nnone
Good opportunity to grow and empower you skills and knowledge
Hospital Care Investigator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 16, 2015
Lincoln's vision in regards to patient care and great customer service is one that I share. Over the years a lot has improved, however, there's more improvement needed in order to provide patients with the best posible experience. As a Hospital Care Investigator, I noticed that there is no consistency with training, everyone has different ways to do and teach procedures and policies.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
No consistancy with procedures; Lack of trainning
co-workers are very helpful
Perdiem Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 14, 2015
fun work place and supportive management.
great team work approach.
the hardest part about the job is the computer system.
Space is limited.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 27, 2015
I participate in a weekly leadership meeting with administrative staff. I have been given the opportunity to take managerial classes and other training courses.
productive place to work
Clerical Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 21, 2015
productive place to work, i got the chance to learn something new everyday ,i got the pleasure in working in what i love. i got many experiences from being there. I only wished i could have stay longer.
Pros
free lunches, meet new people
Cons
limited time, not a for sure job placement
over all workable
Medical Surgical Oncology float Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bronx NYMay 7, 2015
Patient centered place, place organized and always kept secured to keep employees safe. Management encourages continuous education. Teamwork kept in the oncology unit, enabling Patient satisfaction with treatment.
Pros
weekly in services
Cons
post treatment follow up calls
Great patient population
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 16, 2015
As a nurse, the time to focus on work is there as long as you manage your time well however, there isn't cohesiveness among staff as to how to manage the unit and serve our clients.
Good Benefits but has some issues
Sr. Hospital Care Investigator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Varies by department.

For the most part it is a good place to work although work is given to people who complete assignments quickly and efficiently instead of the ones who are responsible for completing the assignment.

Some employees don't learn how to do things because they do not want to be responsible for the task learned, this is a reflection of management and not the employees themselves. If management held the right people accountable there would be a more productive environment. Management would benefit from time management classes, their shortcomings result in a permanent state of working in crisis mode.

The benefits are good and there is job security.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
understaffed in some areas overstaffed in others/poor management/ cronyism/nepotism
nursing increases your level of tolerance towards people
Telemetry and stepdown (RN) (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 11, 2015
nursing is always learning of different medical conditions,expanding your knowledge in diverse ways.have a good day when your actions was able to safe a life or prevent complications
Pros
vacations
Cons
shortbreak
Provides excellent care and services for the community we served.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 21, 2015
State-of-the-art municipal hospital providing excellent healthcare for patients and the community it serves.

Part of the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation which is one of the largest healthcare systems in the nation.

A typical day at work during my last three 1/2 years of service consisted of helping patients with their questions regarding their health insurance and supervising six clerical staff members. In addition to the assigned responsibility of credentialing about 525 medical providers with the various health insurance companies the hospital was contracted with.

Interacted and got along with my colleagues, subordinates, hospital administration and outside agencies.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting patients and staff with their questions and concerns and feeling like you did the job to the best of your abilities.

Seeing the patient and staff 's look of gratefulness because you went beyond the call of duty to assist them was priceless.

The ability to work for this corporation for over 30 years where I was able to grow and branch out to other departments. Please note that I started with this corporation in 1977 and successfully retired in 2014.
Pros
great benefits (paid holidays, sick and vacation time) and also included health insurance.
Cons
had to pay for parking
Very productive
Clerical Lv. II (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10451March 31, 2014
Working with potential patients for cancer outreach. How it is important to keep records of patients that came through the outreach program. I was responsible on keeping records of how the program helped the uninsured patients. My ex-co-workers was great to work with, and great team players. Having patients keeping their appointments. Seeing patients get the medical they need to stay healthy.
Pros
lots of work and etc.
Cons
not enough pay
Fast pace, Energetic environment
Financial Clerk/Emergency Department Registrar (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 3, 2014
A typical day at Lincoln Hospital is filled with patients with different personalities. The estimate amount of patients we see in the emergency department is around 150. At times it is not the ideal environment because of all the chaos with the patients. The upside to the chaos is, you are able to learn how to deal with all types of individuals. Lincoln provides the experience to work quickly on your feet and take whatever is thrown your way.
A great learning experience
Surgical Technologist Externship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 27, 2014
Working at Lincoln was a great learning experience. I was able to scrub in to a variety of surgeries. I loved that it wasn't focused on one specialty. The staff was very helpful as well as informative. Everyone executed excellent patient care while keeping a comfortable work environment.
Voluntary job
Clerical Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 7, 2014
A typical work day includes:
• Answered phones and called patients to confirm appointments.
• Assisted with filing/logging and performed data entry.
• Performed messenger duties.
I've learned to be organized and a work environment and to work reasons other than the pay.
Management was friendly and co-workers were really professional.
The hardest part of the job was working no income.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to understand that money doesn't meant everything.
Pros
lunch voucher.
Cons
no pay
Great pharmacy department.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 7, 2014
Great place to work!
Great opportunity to learn and grow as a professional.
Fast paced work in the emergency room department.
Registration Clerk, Emergency Services (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 9, 2013
The experience of working at Lincoln Hospital is great because you get to interact with people from all over the world. The ethnic difference is broad and the pace of the wotk is fast. A typical day usualy consists of seeing hundreds of people with all types of complains. Register them in the system, obtain their consent for treatment and insurance information. Give out passes to visitors and admit and transfer patients withing different hospital units.