Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center Employee Reviews

summer internship
HIV, Housing Unit Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 11, 2017
This was a summer Internship. Working in the Cobra program allowed me to work with the HIV population and see the difficulties that people encounter. Although it was a short summer internship there is a lot to learn.
Learning experience
Hospital Care Investigator- Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 25, 2017
At Lincoln Hospital you have the ability to work in other departments and learn to specific skills to help your co-workers perform at their best. Lincoln Hospital is the first baby friendly hospital in the Bronx. They celebrate every culture that makes Lincoln Hospital special,
Productive and fun place to work
Registered Nurse on Medical-Surgical Unit (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 1, 2017
Great place to get a lot of experience on the medical surgical unit as well as the emergency department. It is in a city atmosphere so it is constantly busy 24/7.
Fast -paced work enviroment.
Clerical Associate Level III (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Not the place you would want to seek employment if you are looking for advancement. A very fast-paced environment. You must be able to learn quickly and work quickly with minimal mistakes.
Cons
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians
Hospital
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 13, 2017
A typical day of work involves walking through the clinics in ambulatory care and assisting clients arrive to the appropriate services. I became well acquainted with medical terminology and process. The hardest part of the job was maintaining working relationships with difficult patients. The most rewarding part of the job is actually being able to help people and building a rapport. Management is tough.
Pros
good pay, low stress, location
Cons
managemnt
Fun at Work
Pediatric/Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 8, 2017
Lincoln Hospital serves a very diverse community of people at so many different levels of care in meeting their needs, IT is fun to work in the Pediatric ER as yes so many of the children that I encounter are very ill but they still can give you a smile, sing with you if they can.
Pros
Short travel distance from home
Cons
very busy, unable to take lunch breaks at times
My overall review for Lincoln Medical Center is 5-stars...
Community Liaison Worker ll / Care Management (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10451January 4, 2017
Working in the emergency is no fun yet by far it is very challenging because I get to help others recover mentally, physically and emotionally from wounds seen and unseen in a facility of health care providers that proud themselves on excellence. Lincoln Medical Center and Mental Health is a hospital that is in the heart of the South Bronx. We received many patient from various walks of life and denomination and while we work hard every day to maintain order, patient health and wellness we collectively work as a team and have a sense of family.
Pros
My commute to work is a breeze...
Cons
If you are futhering your education, donot look to work at Lincoln, because employees who work at Lincoln, are Not allowed to intern here.
Geat place
Environmental Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 22, 2016
the poeple and staff are amazing, I enjoy working here striving for the best patient care. I work hard to maintain our facility's beautiful envionment and i love how patients show me that i am doing my job well.
Staff morale is low place used to move on to better job.
Clerical Associate - Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Emergency RoomDecember 19, 2016
It is a good place to get experience and people use it as stepping stone to move on to a better job. I like working where I work but your hard work is not appreciated.
professional
Clerical Assistant Radiology (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 25, 2016
Typical day at work:

Busy

My co-workers:

They are pretty professionals, competitive, honest and funny.

Hardest part of the job:

It only was when I get hired, had to learn a lot of stuffs.

Want to know more about Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center?

Ask a question
it is ok.
Coordinating Manager (Pilot Project) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 23, 2016
I liked working here. It was a aspiration of mine to become a manager in the hospital. I became a manager on the outpatient clinic and it was a great experience.
Very good working environment and also fun when it comes to bring the customer satisfaction
Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 29, 2016
Co workers and staff are very warm ,also open to new ideas and very flexibles, when it comes to job training as well very good medical response team and the best in traumas responses
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
It was the BEST when I worked there.
( Community Liaison Worker)/ Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 14, 2016
I loved my experiences while I worked at Lincoln Hospital. My Patients,Supervsiors,co workers, the Administration at the time that I worked there were Excellent.
They gave me opportunity when I was fresh out of the Army; that continued for 34 years. I worked Food service/Dietary at the beginning which allowed me to meet every employee that went through my line (and I gave service with a big ole smile). I formed so many meaningful relationships. I had many mentors that guided me to achieve serveral positions ie : dietary aide, nurses aide, Community Liaison Worker. I only left due to a promotion as an Addicion Counselor in 1997.

How good was it to work @ Lincoln Hospital back then? I'd work then volunteer, that's how good!
Great Experience
Ward Clerk, NICU (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 25, 2015
It is a teaching hospital although ran located in the South Bronx, you can learn a few things if you get your foot in the door.
Typical work day is good, NICU team is and will always be the best.
Pros
The bad part is that the pay rate is below average
Cons
Once you find you little "niche" you will be fine.
I was being micromanaged
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF HIMT (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 17, 2015
I was being micro managed by the staff, that I was hired to supervise, .
My superior was not supportative.

I enjoyed working with patients and their issues. Staff members form other departments was very supportative.

It was very interesting learning new functions and implementing new functions.
Pros
Learning new functions
Cons
No management support
It was a great place to work at
Hospital Care Investigator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 30, 2015
Lincoln Hospital was a decent place to work, I enjoyed going everyday and taking care of patients in ensuring their well being.
co-workers were helpful and provided a comfortable work environment.
productive and friendly workplace
Locksmith - Maintenance Department (Current Employee) –  Bronx, New York 10460September 23, 2015
I work in maintance in locksmith shop, love my job management and co-worker are all good hard working employees. my daily routes are making sure the the hospital doors and locks are all in good working standards. And the hardest part about the job is just getting there.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
nnone
Good opportunity to grow and empower you skills and knowledge
Hospital Care Investigator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 16, 2015
Lincoln's vision in regards to patient care and great customer service is one that I share. Over the years a lot has improved, however, there's more improvement needed in order to provide patients with the best posible experience. As a Hospital Care Investigator, I noticed that there is no consistency with training, everyone has different ways to do and teach procedures and policies.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
No consistancy with procedures; Lack of trainning
co-workers are very helpful
Perdiem Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 14, 2015
fun work place and supportive management.
great team work approach.
the hardest part about the job is the computer system.
Space is limited.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 27, 2015
I participate in a weekly leadership meeting with administrative staff. I have been given the opportunity to take managerial classes and other training courses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center Reviews by Location