LINCOLN MILITARY HOUSING Employee Reviews

over worked, little pay.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAJuly 26, 2015
management is horrible, the customers you help are military people living in the houses, usually they are very cool and nice. the management for lincoln is horrible and have very minor education. they are quick to fire and quick to yell to cover their butt
Fun atmosphere with hard work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Coupons, employee of the month, theme days
Cons: Short handed, many call outs, overworked
Typical day at work include answering phone calls back to back sometimes at a fast pace and using software. Multi tasking is a must. I learned to handle difficult people with a positive attitude,
Very different work environment from anywhere I've experienced.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), VaJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: The gossiping
I've learned that I can push myself too limits I never thought were possible. I've earned the experience I believe in all leasing aspects. The hardest part is listening to gossip, I like too stay away from any in work drama.
Great people to work for.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms MCB, CAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Management took care of their employees
Cons: None
Work was face paced, made the day fly by. Co-workers and Management all top notch. Great to work on the base with Marine and Navy families.
It could be a good match for you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 13, 2015
Pros: occassional bonuses, lunches, and team building events. Good benefits
Cons: stressful; benefits end the day you leave.
Lincoln is a great company to work for. However, depending on which community you are assigned to work at, being a CSR can come with many many responsibilities. If there is more than one CSR it may not be so bad because the responsibilities will be shared--however, if you are hired as the only CSR, be prepared to be over worked and underpaid.
Productive and fun place with a pool table.
Youth Center Attendant (Current Employee), Oceanside, CAApril 28, 2015
On a typical day, I arrive at the youth center and open up the building and rooms. I check to make sure everything is in order then I wait for residents to come in. A lot of people come in on a daily basis and I make sure that they sign in before coming in by checking their military id. Most of the time the residents that come in are regulars. I host activities for the residents and make sure that they are all entertained and happy.
good workplace with opportunity to advance in company
Service Technician (Former Employee), Lemoore, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: alot of perks working for lincoln military housing
Cons: nothing really good job
always busfy taking care of residence service calls or working on vacant units getting ready for new residence we had strong team and good management hardest part of job was on call for one week 24/7 watched over 800 housing units most enjoyable was performing my duties and making residence happy was proud to perform my duties for men and women who defend our country
Unique clients in a fast paced job.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), San Onofre INovember 4, 2014
Pros: job security is good, feel good when helping clients, always doing something different, management has good attitude and they back your decisions
Cons: short breaks, low chance at advancement, more work then can be done in day, preventive maintenance, pay is below average for job
Hit the ground running with plenty of projects and an over average workload. Be proficient in basic maintenance from switches, fans, smoke alarms, outlets, water intrusion, water heaters, and furnaces. If your not, they will train you but it will difficult to absorb it all. Hardest part are appliances that don't work when on call. Clients can be difficult as well, depends are your customer service skills and if you like people.
Too many changes in little time to complete tasks
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Lemoore, CAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: got to travel
Cons: never enough employees employed at one time to completel work load
Always urgency to complete tasks . Never a full crew to do all assigned tickets . Decent place to work . Management did not always backup techs. Co workers ok to work with. Hardest part of job was asking for more employees to complete tasks assigned.
Enjoyable part of job got to go on trips when company won competitions.
Not the best place to work
worker (Former Employee), Port Hueneme, CASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: health benefits are ok
Cons: hostile work environment
Upper management (VP, RPM and DM) are very hostile with their employees and fire those showing promise in management skills, Fabricate a write up to validate their reason for termination with untrue allegations of poor to inadequate customer service or other untruths. Upper management does not have their maintenance team comply with OSHA and place their maintenance team under harsh work environments while working without proper equipment, Office staff is tormented by verbally abusive military service members and their spouses, certain employees are expected to inspect rat, bed bug and cockroach infected homes, and exposed to infectious diseases such as bed bugs and head lice, employees endure stressful situations while being under staffed, made to meet unrealistic deadlines and some employees are not properly trained. Those that work hard for the company are not recognized but seemed to be overlooked for their efforts. This company within the confines of NBVC Port Hueneme, Point Mug and Camarillo should be recognized as a highly hostile work environment and should be avoided at all cost until it is investigated by the corporate office in Texas as well as with EEO and OSHA to ensure that they are in compliance with all laws within the State of California due to rumors of mental instability and attempted suicide of maintenance staff. This company's employee records should be reviewed from 2007 to current in order to see how hostile this company on this base has been since being taking over by the current RPM.
fun
Collecting residence garbage and assisting them (Former Employee), norfolk vaJune 24, 2014
no stop work start to finish

Receive work orders to specific residence request issues and maintenance needs, and complete them in timely manner.
Picking up trash, mowing lawns and maintaining curb appeal on a daily basis.
Collecting residence garbage and assisting them with daily maintenance needs.
Fun place to work for!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lemoore, CAMay 16, 2014
The company allowed for their employees to help military families on their new adventure to a new base for the military member and their family.
If you like busy, this is the place for you!
Village Manager/Business Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: busy, room for growth, family oriented
Cons: inconsistent, lack of management
Working with LMH is very busy and fast paced. I learned more about time management and adaption than anything. I did love my job but unfortunately management was lacking leadership. Which was not all of their fault. The majority of it was that rules and SOPs change so frequently it was like the blind leading the blind. Because of this, most employees find themselves taking work home. But what they lacked in effective management they more than made up for in morale. It is truly a family friendly environment. You often hear the phrase, ''we're all like family here.' and Lincoln means it. They understood that life happens. For that reason alone, they are more than a great company, they have set a standard.
productive
grounds keeper (Former Employee), Yorktown, VANovember 20, 2013
very friendly co workers, learned alot of maintenance work, enjoyed working there everyday
Good benefits but the management didnt really interacted with you
Customer Service (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAOctober 5, 2013
Usually worked without any instructions given after I learned the system and how things worked. I did not receive training from management but from co-workers. I didn't find anything hard at this workplace. The most enjoyable part is that I never received any complaints about my job.
not a bad company
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), yorktown,vaSeptember 20, 2013
enjoyed this job,they pay well,tough work load but it comes with the territory
Amazing place to work
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: very family oriented, everything they did for employees was for the whole family
Cons: very stressful environment
A typical day at work for me was helping residents with any and everything that they needed including putting in work orders sending out letters for lease violations and dealing with military members and their spouces on a daily basis.
I learned far more than I ever thought I would, I learned how to deal with people the correct way, I learned how to be a team player and how to handle stressful situations.
Managment was amazing they build you up in this company never tear down they want you to succeed and provide free classes to help you achieve your goals.
My co-workers weren't always great but I always managed to get along with eveybody I came into contact with, it's a learning experiance for them as well as myself.
The hardest part of the job would have to be the fact that we we're dealing with Military and it wasn't always good, we would have to deal with Military spouces loosing thier husband or wife over seas or even right there at home.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the thanks that I recieved from residents when we went above and beyond for them to make their life easier or simply getting a phone call from a soldier overseas saying thanks for taking care of his family.
my job
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Oceanside, CASeptember 1, 2013
enforcing the rules is a big deal. the saftey of the patrons comes before anything alse
Relaxed and fun environment with enjoyable coworkers
Lifeguard (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2013
Pros: working outside
Cons: long work hours
A typical day at work would consist of opening the pool and then setting up and organizing the pool until patrons arrive. Then my coworkers and I would rotate up on stand supervising the patrons and ensuring that they practice safe behaviors. This job gave me a large sense of responsibility and authority and improved my assertiveness. The hardest part of this job was dealing with difficult patrons as they could sometimes be very disrespectful. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my coworkers and becoming close with them and the opportunity to work as a lifeguard.
My job
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAAugust 13, 2013
Pros: i dedicate my self to my job
Cons: im always 20 minutes early at work
A typical day at work it will be busy at all times.
I learn about my job that if you dedicate your self to it you will do the best job ever.
Management always lysine both sides of every story
Hardest part of the job will be deployment season.
The most enjoyable part of my job was my Co- workers and ofcourse when residents remember the good things you do for them.