LINCOLN MILITARY HOUSING Employee Reviews in United States

Good job security with lousy benifits.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCApril 9, 2016
Don't waste you time unless you are really in the business for the job and not the benefits and money. Overtime is under strict regulation and you better have a more then excellent excuse for it.
Pros
Compnay sponsered events. good, clean working conditions.
Cons
CEO and management only care about their money and what they want. Extreamly redundent strict rules.
Nice company to work for.
Assistant District Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 8, 2016
Lincoln is a nice company to work for and with. There is a lot of opportunity to grow and move up the ranks. I've been with the company for 4 years and must say it's good. I think the pay could be better for certain positions.
Learned a lot with this company!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 24, 2016
I enjoyed working with Lincoln Military Housing. The hardest part of my job was not giving the residents' what they wanted!
Pros
Employee team buildings' every month which involved free lunch or an event such as bowling!
Fast paced work place
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 11, 2016
Fast paced work environment. Great people. Great residents. Maintenance experience. Needs to better compensate employees.
Cons
Compensation
A rewarding position with great opportunities for advancement.
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 1, 2015
On a typical day of work there is no time or room for chit chat. There is so much work to be done. We meet so many different military families who are facing different challenges, and some times we are their only hope. I learned military pay scale and rank which was useful in offering the best community. I became skilled in Yardi , which is one of the leading leasing programs used by various companies. The hardest part of the position was telling a family that I could not help them. Most enjoyable was how important management made each member of the company feel. Being included in events that put me in the face of very amazing people gave me the encouragement to succeed in the company
Pros
Promotes within
Cons
Shares office space with other government organizations.
Great job for younger people entering workforce,
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 13, 2015
This job was a great place to work when I was just starting to work. But eventually this work environment had become negative and there was no room for growth or opportunity.
Pros
Open availbilty
Cons
Management is not so great.
worked with military families
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 6, 2015
Interesting getting to know new residents and hearing about where they have come from. Formed some lasting relationships with some of my coworkers.
Pros
full time 8-5 with one hour lunches
Cons
management often times was poor
Another family-oriented company with room to grow
Community Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lemoore, CAOctober 26, 2015
The best part of the job, is knowing that I was able to put a smile on a service members face while he or she watched their children enjoy themselves at an event that Lincoln Military Housing sponsored.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAOctober 17, 2015
Great company, They do so much for the militart families. Was a privilage to work for this company. Alway hosting family events and offer bonuses on your work ethic for whole team.
Pros
work for military
Cons
short brakes and always on call
Honorable Place to work Helping Military Families, Team atmosphere, excellent teambuilding luncheons, Great training seminars and fair housing updates
Asst.Manager/RegionalTrainer Starting salary (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 7, 2015
Meeting Military Families from all over the world transferring from state to state, introducing them to their new home and city, Prepare move in files and move out transfers, Schedule turnovers with vendors/ contractors, Collect and post rents, post payables, budgeting, supervise staff maintenance team, CSR, Porters
Pros
Meeting different people on daily basis, Never a routine
Cons
Evicting great residents with financial hardships
Very productive
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Patuxent RiverOctober 6, 2015
This is a great place to work, They are always looking out for their employees and keeping the team busy. It is very fast paced and a lot to learn. The coworkers are amazing and always looking out for one another.
Very rewarding company to work for
Regional Training Director (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CASeptember 27, 2015
It is extremely rewarding to work for Lincoln Military Housing. They constantly strive provide exemplary service to each family. They prefer to promote within and focus on ensuring each employee is performing to expectation and within internal policy and procedures
Unorganized and Unprofessional Workplace
Assistant Executive Homes Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington DCSeptember 17, 2015
Crabs in a bucket office work place. No team effort, unorganized and very unprofessional management. Constant employee turnover due to the unprofessional ism.
Great place to work while improving your skills until something better comes along
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 20, 2015
Not a place to openly share your opinion with management. As soon as they feel threatened that you are ready to move up into the next position, they'll find a reason to get rid of you.To be successful in this company as a tech, just do what is asked of you. You don't even have to do a good job or complete the task correctly. This company is all about quantity and not quality.
Pros
Provides the oportunity to server our military and their families.
Cons
Almost zero possibilty for growth.
over worked, little pay.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 26, 2015
management is horrible, the customers you help are military people living in the houses, usually they are very cool and nice. the management for lincoln is horrible and have very minor education. they are quick to fire and quick to yell to cover their butt
Fun atmosphere with hard work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2015
Typical day at work include answering phone calls back to back sometimes at a fast pace and using software. Multi tasking is a must. I learned to handle difficult people with a positive attitude,
Pros
Coupons, employee of the month, theme days
Cons
Short handed, many call outs, overworked
Very different work environment from anywhere I've experienced.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  VaJuly 22, 2015
I've learned that I can push myself too limits I never thought were possible. I've earned the experience I believe in all leasing aspects. The hardest part is listening to gossip, I like too stay away from any in work drama.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The gossiping
Great people to work for.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms MCB, CAJune 16, 2015
Work was face paced, made the day fly by. Co-workers and Management all top notch. Great to work on the base with Marine and Navy families.
Pros
Management took care of their employees
Cons
It could be a good match for you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 13, 2015
Lincoln is a great company to work for. However, depending on which community you are assigned to work at, being a CSR can come with many many responsibilities. If there is more than one CSR it may not be so bad because the responsibilities will be shared--however, if you are hired as the only CSR, be prepared to be over worked and underpaid.
Pros
occassional bonuses, lunches, and team building events. Good benefits
Cons
stressful; benefits end the day you leave.
Productive and fun place with a pool table.
Youth Center Attendant (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAApril 28, 2015
On a typical day, I arrive at the youth center and open up the building and rooms. I check to make sure everything is in order then I wait for residents to come in. A lot of people come in on a daily basis and I make sure that they sign in before coming in by checking their military id. Most of the time the residents that come in are regulars. I host activities for the residents and make sure that they are all entertained and happy.