LINCOLN MILITARY HOUSING

LINCOLN MILITARY HOUSING Employer Reviews

Not the best place to work
worker (Former Employee), Port Hueneme, CASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: health benefits are ok
Cons: hostile work environment
Upper management (VP, RPM and DM) are very hostile with their employees and fire those showing promise in management skills, Fabricate a write up to validate their reason for termination with untrue allegations of poor to inadequate customer service or other untruths. Upper management does not have their maintenance team comply with OSHA and place their – more... maintenance team under harsh work environments while working without proper equipment, Office staff is tormented by verbally abusive military service members and their spouses, certain employees are expected to inspect rat, bed bug and cockroach infected homes, and exposed to infectious diseases such as bed bugs and head lice, employees endure stressful situations while being under staffed, made to meet unrealistic deadlines and some employees are not properly trained. Those that work hard for the company are not recognized but seemed to be overlooked for their efforts. This company within the confines of NBVC Port Hueneme, Point Mug and Camarillo should be recognized as a highly hostile work environment and should be avoided at all cost until it is investigated by the corporate office in Texas as well as with EEO and OSHA to ensure that they are in compliance with all laws within the State of California due to rumors of mental instability and attempted suicide of maintenance staff. This company's employee records should be reviewed from 2007 to current in order to see how hostile this company on this base has been since being taking over by the current RPM. – less
fun
Collecting residence garbage and assisting them (Former Employee), norfolk vaJune 24, 2014
no stop work start to finish

Receive work orders to specific residence request issues and maintenance needs, and complete them in timely manner.
Picking up trash, mowing lawns and maintaining curb appeal on a daily basis.
Collecting residence garbage and assisting them with daily maintenance needs.
Fun place to work for!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lemoore, CAMay 16, 2014
The company allowed for their employees to help military families on their new adventure to a new base for the military member and their family.
If you like busy, this is the place for you!
Village Manager/Business Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: busy, room for growth, family oriented
Cons: inconsistent, lack of management
Working with LMH is very busy and fast paced. I learned more about time management and adaption than anything. I did love my job but unfortunately management was lacking leadership. Which was not all of their fault. The majority of it was that rules and SOPs change so frequently it was like the blind leading the blind. Because of this, most employees – more... find themselves taking work home. But what they lacked in effective management they more than made up for in morale. It is truly a family friendly environment. You often hear the phrase, ''we're all like family here.' and Lincoln means it. They understood that life happens. For that reason alone, they are more than a great company, they have set a standard. – less
productive
grounds keeper (Former Employee), Yorktown, VANovember 20, 2013
very friendly co workers, learned alot of maintenance work, enjoyed working there everyday
Good benefits but the management didnt really interacted with you
Customer Service (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAOctober 5, 2013
Usually worked without any instructions given after I learned the system and how things worked. I did not receive training from management but from co-workers. I didn't find anything hard at this workplace. The most enjoyable part is that I never received any complaints about my job.
not a bad company
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), yorktown,vaSeptember 20, 2013
enjoyed this job,they pay well,tough work load but it comes with the territory
Amazing place to work
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: very family oriented, everything they did for employees was for the whole family
Cons: very stressful environment
A typical day at work for me was helping residents with any and everything that they needed including putting in work orders sending out letters for lease violations and dealing with military members and their spouces on a daily basis.
I learned far more than I ever thought I would, I learned how to deal with people the correct way, I learned how to – more... be a team player and how to handle stressful situations.
Managment was amazing they build you up in this company never tear down they want you to succeed and provide free classes to help you achieve your goals.
My co-workers weren't always great but I always managed to get along with eveybody I came into contact with, it's a learning experiance for them as well as myself.
The hardest part of the job would have to be the fact that we we're dealing with Military and it wasn't always good, we would have to deal with Military spouces loosing thier husband or wife over seas or even right there at home.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the thanks that I recieved from residents when we went above and beyond for them to make their life easier or simply getting a phone call from a soldier overseas saying thanks for taking care of his family. – less
my job
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Oceanside, CASeptember 1, 2013
enforcing the rules is a big deal. the saftey of the patrons comes before anything alse
Relaxed and fun environment with enjoyable coworkers
Lifeguard (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2013
Pros: working outside
Cons: long work hours
A typical day at work would consist of opening the pool and then setting up and organizing the pool until patrons arrive. Then my coworkers and I would rotate up on stand supervising the patrons and ensuring that they practice safe behaviors. This job gave me a large sense of responsibility and authority and improved my assertiveness. The hardest part – more... of this job was dealing with difficult patrons as they could sometimes be very disrespectful. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my coworkers and becoming close with them and the opportunity to work as a lifeguard. – less
My job
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAAugust 13, 2013
Pros: i dedicate my self to my job
Cons: im always 20 minutes early at work
A typical day at work it will be busy at all times.
I learn about my job that if you dedicate your self to it you will do the best job ever.
Management always lysine both sides of every story
Hardest part of the job will be deployment season.
The most enjoyable part of my job was my Co- workers and ofcourse when residents remember the good things you – more... do for them. – less
Not what you would expect
Office staff (Current Employee), Port Hueneme, CAAugust 10, 2013
Pros: health benefits
Cons: high stress level, underpaid, understaffed
Working for this company is NOT what you would expect for working on NBVC Port Hueneme.
Upper Management especially the RPM is very unprofessional, unpredictable, unrelatable, unscrupulous, unethical, person to work for. The RPM instills fear and intimidation on her management staff. Policies and procedures upheld by Lincoln in Dallas are cut down to – more... suit the self gratification of her own selfish needs.
Employees of Lincoln Military Housing of NBVC Port Hueneme are verbally abused by Military residents by phone or in person or by way of social media (Facebook).

Employees are placed at risk of loosing their job if they do not volunteer for events put on by Lincoln Military Housing. Employees are placed under undo stress by military families when these same outstanding defenders of our country are made to adhere to policy and procedures that is not to their liking, employees are fired at will for following procedures and unhappy disgruntled military residents will lie through falsifing complaints by exaggerating conversation to the RPM.

All staff is placed under health hazards when military residents come in with cases of bedbugs, cockroach and rat infestation homes all do by their unhealthy way of life and all of their own doing and complain that they want a New home! Not to mention the drug paraganalia found in housing but not reported.

Employees are way under paid, starting pay now for office staff $12-13.00, maintenance staff with or without experience $14-15.00

Working for Lincoln Military Housing at NBVC Port Hueneme although the benefits are great that is the ONLY thing great about this company. – less
A company that appreciates employees
Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Quantico, VAApril 18, 2013
Pros: employee events
Cons: managment doesnt try to fix issues
The best part of Lincoln is that they do a lot for their employees. I didn't like them because they don't do enough grass cutting and landscaping.
very well managed
customer service & support specialist (Former Employee), San, HPMarch 26, 2013
the best job i ever had..... provided telephone, online and face to face customer service/support within high valume call centers(handling an average of 95 calls/internet inquiries daily), busy retail customer service desks and five-star resorts as well as the 24 hour call center at lincoln military housing
Productive work place
Housing Coordinator (Current Employee), Oceanside, CAFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: great boss to work with
Cons: pay is not as high as it should be
Speak with residents all day to set them up for housing. Create a relationship with them to ensure them I will keep them up to date on housing. Working with military familes all day.
My boss is a great guy to work for, always looks out for us and keeps us motivated. I get a long with all co workers and we work very well together. The hardest part of – more... my job is at times not having enough homes for all the families coming on to Camp Pendleton. The most enjoyable part of my job is making families happy and feel mure assured that they are in the best care for housing. – less
Not a great place to grow
Perfer not to disclose (Current Employee), Hampton RoadsFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: volunteer opportunities
Cons: poor management
Lincoln Military Housing is recovering from a nasty mold scandal. Although Lincoln can't be 100% to blame, there is something else going on that is troubling. There is high turn over of employees with this company. Positions are called "entry level" but management expects highly experienced staff. In some departments new employee training is lacking, – more... and most staff are misguided. The hardest part of the job was working with people who were more interested in military gossip and drama, than being leaders for their teams. There is only so much room for advancement with this company. I have witnessed the high turn over during my time with the company. All but 1 person I had orientation with has been fired (this was within 6 months). The community events department has new people every year; it is confusing because that is a small department, and it seems the employees are doing quality work. On the property side maintenance techs and District Managers come and go like a revolving door. Perhaps Lincoln is trying to find a formula that fits, but I think what they are doing is throwing away a lot of good people, and making those former employees future job searches much harder (who is going to be eager to hire someone that was fired). – less
Fun workplace but LOTS LOTS LOTS of drama
Call center Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: different activites, food, outings, overtime
Cons: both head manager have favorites....be careful!!!!!!
I loved working at the call center. Everyone was a huge family. Love the fun days they had for the representatives. Lots of food and baked goods. But every job there has to be a debbie downer.
Enjoyable working environment
Service Manager/Activity Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Sam Houston, TXAugust 20, 2012
Pros: employee morale
WOrking for Lincoln Military housing was a job that allowed me the opportunity to give back to my military families. A typical work day included opening and preparing the office for the service of military soldiers and their families. When faced with customers desiring housing, there is a screening process to gather information from the families to – more... determine what housing area would better benefit them. There is a briefing and leasing process as well as accounting process done to give information about rules and regulations as well as how the rent shuld be paid. In addition, I had to prepare reports regarding present resident accounting status, work orders as well as resident move in and move outs.
During this job I encountered experience in utilizing yardi systems as well as how to utilize time management to get several things done in a small amount of time. Management was supportive as well as helpful in making sure it was easy to come ask questions as well as showing a leadership role to follow and be successful.
The hardest part of the job was leaving the job. the most enjoyable was attennding the fuctions in which the employees were shown appreciation for a job well done. It gave motivation to continue doing a great job. – less
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 2, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: health care benefits
All in All Good Work Place, Environment Good employers to work for like the bosses, and my coworkers name brit, also very productive consistant keeping things moving along and always helping the customers with every day routines which i sorely love , i desire to continue to work with customers. i have always loved dealing with the residents i work with – more... which is military they are special people and hardworking, so i have always been here to please,and happy to do so. – less
A lot of extra weekend work, aggressive management low pay
Service Manager (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAApril 24, 2012
Working for Service Members is a joy, but the company in my experience has a understaffed overworked reputation for low end pay in this field. The benefits are average.

About LINCOLN MILITARY HOUSING

Lincoln Property Company¬†is one of the largest diversified real estate¬†firms in the US, with development and investment properties – Read more