Lincoln Public Schools

Lincoln Public Schools Employer Reviews

Productive Workplace, Strong Company Values
Painting and Maintenance Dept. Associate (Current Employee), Lincoln, NENovember 15, 2013
Pros: weekends off
Cons: short breaks
Hours- 7am-3:30pm Monday-Friday

Each day work orders are sent from the 40+ public schools in the city of Lincoln to the maintenance offices. Your job is to help complete these projects in a timely manner.

One of the best parts of working for Lincoln Public Schools is the management team. In all departments these individuals care about their employees – more... and giving them the opportunity to succeed and grow.

Most Enjoyable- The autonomy you are given. You do have projects assigned to you but you have flexibility to arrange your schedule. – less
Family focused workplace
Secretary II (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEOctober 29, 2013
Shortly after being hired by LPS my former supervisor told me that in addition to being a secretary I would be an accounting secretary! I had never been educated in accounting but lucky for me I caught on extremely fast and every job thereafter took me further into accounting which I came to love!
Good Work Environment
Mentor & Teacher (Current Employee), Lincoln, NESeptember 25, 2013
Overall a good experience. Good co-workers/colleagues. I've been working mostly in the Highly Gifted program and taught at various schools.
LPS
Reserve Soccer Coach (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEApril 16, 2013
I am having a great time working for LPS I love the people and kids that i work with even when the kids misbehave I am backed by my co-workers
Early Childhood Special Education
ECSE Para and substitute teacher (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEOctober 11, 2012
Pros: love working with students and their families
Cons: budget cuts for special education personnel run "thin"
LOVED it till Budget cuts came in for Special Eduction and worried about job security.
High expectations, a good thing
Educator, Mentor, Leader (Former Employee), Lincoln, RISeptember 28, 2012
My career in teaching took place in various classrooms assisting children with special needs. Administration provided structure, yet space for creativity.
Positive work place, limited advancement
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Everett ElementaryAugust 1, 2012
Pros: enjoyable, rewawrding
Cons: limited advancement
I held three different positions while employee by LPS . . all very enjoyable. Working with students was great, I was fortunate to have worked for strong building principals which has a tendency to set the basis for morale. Good experience.
two levels of respect for employees
Building Superintendent (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJune 11, 2012
On the bubble as a at will employee, Too many in admin. having only worked at government level jobs, cant't relate to necessity of efficiently and don't care!!