The Lincoln Square Neighborhood Center, (LSNC) a settlement house located in the Amsterdam Houses on the upper west side of Manhattan has been offering programs for children, youth and their families for over 65 years. Currently LSNC operates an afterschool program and summer camp for children, ages 5-12 with academic support, cultural enrichment and physical fitness programs. Counselors are assigned to a small group of children and work under the supervision of the Director. Together the staff works to provide a positive and creative learning environment for the social and intellectual development of all participants.
- Provide supervision and ensures the safety of program participants at all times including school pick-up, and trips.
- Supervise and support homework completion for all children.
- Establish a nurturing learning environment with clear, age-appropriate expectations and rules.
- Communicate with parents and caregivers
- Complete all necessary documentation and administrative tasks
- Attend staff meetings and professional development activities
- At least two years of college, studying education, psychology or social work
- Previous experience working with children, age 5-12 in urban school or community based setting
- Must be cleared by Dept. of Health fingerprint and SCR
- Ability to work collaboratively
- A sense of humor
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Lincoln Square Neighborhood Center, (LSNC) a settlement house located in the Amsterdam Houses on the upper west side of Manhattan has...