Lincoln University

Lincoln University Employer Reviews

Great Experience
Community Outreach Internship (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOMarch 21, 2015
Pros: Freshman Year of College
Cons: Freshman Year of College
I learned so much as both an employee and a student at Lincoln University. I learned so much about who it was that I will one day become.
Housing Coordinator
Housing Coordinator/Advisor (Former Employee), Lincoln University PAMarch 16, 2015
• Counseled students on academic, personal, and social matters.
• Provided emergency first aid and requested medical assistance when necessary.
• Monitored student activity and reported unusual behavior while ensuring campus safety.
• Determined the need for facility maintenance repairs and notified the appropriate personnel.
• Collaborated with counselors to develop counseling programs that addressed student needs.
Excellent
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Office of Assessment and AccreditationMarch 12, 2015
This working environment is surrounded around people that care about not only their students but they car about your education and furthering your career.
A very productive busy day
FINANCIAL AID TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOMarch 4, 2015
Pros: off on time, but sometimes able to work late for extra hours.
Cons: not able to make up hours missed.
I learned customer serivce, how to work with different cultures. Management was great, an on top of bussiness at hand. The hardest part of the job was dealing with frustrated students when they are not awarded the fincial aid they would like to receive.
Productive work environment with a team oriented atmosphere
DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS & RECRUITMENT (Current Employee), Jefferson City, MOFebruary 2, 2015
Lincoln University offers a true HBCU experience for both students and staff. The dedication and devotion from alumni are a plus.
Excellent program and job opportunity
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee), Lincoln University, PAJanuary 5, 2015
I really enjoyed working as a SI Leader during my sophomore year at Lincoln University. I never realized how much I enjoyed playing a role in the development of my peers. Being paid was just a bonus. My only pet peeve was dealing with procrastinators who waited until finals week for my assistance in reviewing everything that was done the entire semester.
relaxed and flexible work enviornment
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: flexible with class schedules
Cons: work duties varied
*A typical day at work would involve answering phones and taking messages or redirecting calls.
*I learned how to input data into educational database.
* Management was very understanding and informative.
*Coworkers were always willing to assist and cordial.
*Hardest part of the jobs was sometimes being needed to fulfill other tasks not specific to the job title around campus.
* Most enjoyable part was working with fellow students,
Student
Student (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: scholarships
Cons: busy
Full time student
Full time softball player
Great teachers
Great Academic Setting
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2014
Responsibilities:
•General Psychology.
•Abnormal Psychology.
•Psychology for Human Services.
•Organizational Psychology
Nice place to work
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Oakland CANovember 25, 2014
Nice place, nice management, friendly environment.
Job is enjoyable and you learn every day.
Challenging but fun work enviorment
Head Residential Assistant (Former Employee), Lincoln University, PANovember 23, 2014
Pros: networking with students
Cons: n/a
I was the head Resident Advisor at Lincoln University in charge of 5 resident advisors and a building of around 400 students. I learned how to multi-task in stressful environments, it was rewarding.
Busy working campaign environment
Marketing & Media Specialist Intern (Former Employee), West Grove, PASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great connections and network
While working on the campaign team for Tom Houghton, I organized and created student body events to get students excited for the November 2010 election. I also scheduled volunteers to work shifts and complete projects while overseeing and assisting with volunteer training. I have learned to assist and complete tasks that deals with supporting campaign volunteer’s with duties (door-to-door canvassing, meet and greets, organize office workers).

Created the Tom Houghton Committee under the Student Body President of 2010-2011 school year at Lincoln University. Registered over 1000 students to vote on Lincoln University’s campus. Organized promotional events for State Representative Tom Houghton
worst job ever
Police Officer (Former Employee), lincoln university, paAugust 16, 2014
this is a good starter department for police but get in and get out quick.
Work is fun!
Librarian aid (Former Employee), Lincoln University, PAAugust 6, 2014
I sat check and check books in and out. Helped students revised papers.
Very concerned about patients
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Lincoln University, PAJuly 26, 2014
Took excellent care of the student athletes, as well as others who came in. I learned numerous tasks about the field, and enjoyed every moment.
Fun Atmosphere
Dorm Monitor (Former Employee), Bennett HallJune 3, 2014
I really love my job. Working in Bennett Hall was a great experience. I love the flexibility and my supervisor.
"Cons" out weigh the "Pros"
Lab Technician/Secretary (Current Employee), Jefferson City, MOMay 14, 2014
Pros: related to my area of expertise
Cons: no healthcare or other benefits, budget based, insufficient amount of hours, low salary
Most days I prepare reports using Microsoft word and excel. I gather research for my employer to review and to apply to a given research project. I complete requests by greeting customers, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries. I maintain all the office equipment and supplies. I also collect samples when needed and prepare samples for testing. I work by myself for the most part and have found myself to be quite self-efficient. However, my supervisor is in and out of the office frequently. The hardest part about this job is not knowing when I will be without a job or when my hours will be reduced. It is budget funded only. I also do not get any benefits, and the work hours vary due to my supervisors own personal schedule. I like the fact that this job is somewhat in my area of expertise (biology/chemistry).
the gym
Basketball Manager (Former Employee), Oxford, PAMay 1, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
sort out the uniforms then head straight to the gym to get the water ready. i learned time management. my co-workers where players and coaches but everyone got along and every seemed to love me. hardest part of the job was balancing it out with football. the most enjoyable part was going down to North Carolina with the team for the conference championship, the good times on the bus and hotels.
Lively and Fun
Monitor/Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Lincoln University, PAApril 27, 2014
Provides a chance for you to meet amazing people and also students that you will always remember
Lincoln University
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Lincoln University, PAApril 10, 2014
Pros: school oriented
Cons: not enough hours
Wonderful Job
I worked under great staff
Short days with Good pay
Hardest Part is getting paid monthly

1 2 3