Lincoln University Employee Reviews

fiscal annual reporting
Financial Reporting Accountant (Former Employee), Lincoln, PAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: hands on learning
Cons: distance/traveling
the job duties were busy, the benefits were very good. Working environment was pleasant. Management was approachable, and helpful towards staff.
Great place before Jennings became President
Interim Vice President, Institutional Advancement (Former Employee), Lincoln University, PAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Great people in advancement
Cons: Working with the some departments
We raised over $300 million during our capital campaign. The school has been completely transformed. It is a modern facility. The past President created a wonderful environment in which to work.
Great job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lincoln University, PAJune 22, 2015
I loved working with students, and the staff were some of the nicest people I'd met. It was truly a shame it was only temp jobs but I'd do it all over again anytime
Workplace was productive.
Tutor (Former Employee), Pennsylvania.June 9, 2015
Pros: Aid with Studies
Working as a tutor aid with my studies as a student because it allowed constant review of academic materials that made me a better student. I usually help student with course work by explain the material from a peer perceptive.
Productive, High Energy Atmosphere with a focused environment
Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach (Current Employee), Jefferson City, MOMay 28, 2015
Pros: Learning on the fly, free travel, and lunches
Cons: No healthcare
- monitored athletes workouts, and measured athletic performance improvement, and created individual workout plans
-used excel to document all athletic information
-learned to o manage different sports, personalities and groups
- most difficult part of each day was making sure athletes were motivated
-most enjoyably part of the job was seeing athletes improve and seeing their hard work pay off
enjoyed it
Student Leader Ambassador (Former Employee), lincoln universityMay 19, 2015
I guided incoming freshmen, helping them get acquainted with the life of a college student. I helped theme register for classes and join organizations.
Family environment
Desk Manager (Current Employee), Jefferson City, MOMay 4, 2015
Pros: Tuition waivers, friendly colleagues
Cons: Little room for advancement, low salaries
The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that you are helping the youth of tomorrow by assisting them today. It is rewarding to see the how the students grow as individuals and obtain their college degree knowing that you played a small part in their success.
Archivist Assistant
Archivist Assistance (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOApril 11, 2015
Pros: Very friendly and comfortable work enviroment
I enjoyed being employed at Inman A. Page Library in the Archives Department. While I was employed there my responsibilities there was scanning material, cataloging material, answering the telephone, and shelving books.
While I worked for the Archives Department in Inman A. Page Library I enjoyed my experience with my co-workers they were all friendly and helpful.
Great staff and excellent work atmosphere...
Residential Advisor (Current Employee), Jefferson City, MOApril 11, 2015
Pros: room and boarding fees are cover along with meal plan
Cons: no cash
Residential Life employee covers room and boarding fee, as well as cafeteria meal plan. but there is no in hand cash. other then that is a great job for any student.
Student based position
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee), Lincoln University, PAMarch 29, 2015
The position I held for Lincoln University was a student based position that I held during my senior year. The pay was basic at the min. wage for my part-time position. However It was just what I needed to get the experience for a real-world job. The staff, in the Athletics Department, were amazing and great to work with as they were helpful, patient, and always willing to show me new things. Again, this job was a student-based position so I cannot speak for the entire school or the employment aspect of the University. For me, it was enjoyable.
Great Experience
Community Outreach Internship (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOMarch 21, 2015
Pros: Freshman Year of College
Cons: Freshman Year of College
I learned so much as both an employee and a student at Lincoln University. I learned so much about who it was that I will one day become.
Housing Coordinator
Housing Coordinator/Advisor (Former Employee), Lincoln University PAMarch 16, 2015
• Counseled students on academic, personal, and social matters.
• Provided emergency first aid and requested medical assistance when necessary.
• Monitored student activity and reported unusual behavior while ensuring campus safety.
• Determined the need for facility maintenance repairs and notified the appropriate personnel.
• Collaborated with counselors to develop counseling programs that addressed student needs.
Excellent
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Office of Assessment and AccreditationMarch 12, 2015
This working environment is surrounded around people that care about not only their students but they car about your education and furthering your career.
A very productive busy day
FINANCIAL AID TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOMarch 4, 2015
Pros: off on time, but sometimes able to work late for extra hours.
Cons: not able to make up hours missed.
I learned customer serivce, how to work with different cultures. Management was great, an on top of bussiness at hand. The hardest part of the job was dealing with frustrated students when they are not awarded the fincial aid they would like to receive.
Productive work environment with a team oriented atmosphere
DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS & RECRUITMENT (Current Employee), Jefferson City, MOFebruary 2, 2015
Lincoln University offers a true HBCU experience for both students and staff. The dedication and devotion from alumni are a plus.
Excellent program and job opportunity
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee), Lincoln University, PAJanuary 5, 2015
I really enjoyed working as a SI Leader during my sophomore year at Lincoln University. I never realized how much I enjoyed playing a role in the development of my peers. Being paid was just a bonus. My only pet peeve was dealing with procrastinators who waited until finals week for my assistance in reviewing everything that was done the entire semester.
relaxed and flexible work enviornment
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: flexible with class schedules
Cons: work duties varied
*A typical day at work would involve answering phones and taking messages or redirecting calls.
*I learned how to input data into educational database.
* Management was very understanding and informative.
*Coworkers were always willing to assist and cordial.
*Hardest part of the jobs was sometimes being needed to fulfill other tasks not specific to the job title around campus.
* Most enjoyable part was working with fellow students,
Student
Student (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: scholarships
Cons: busy
Full time student
Full time softball player
Great teachers
Great Academic Setting
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2014
Responsibilities:
•General Psychology.
•Abnormal Psychology.
•Psychology for Human Services.
•Organizational Psychology
Nice place to work
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Oakland CANovember 25, 2014
Nice place, nice management, friendly environment.
Job is enjoyable and you learn every day.