Lincoln University Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Admin (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 16, 2015
I had a very good boss that I enjoyed working for. My co-worker were always helpful which made my job enjoyable. Working during homecoming was hard.
Pros
I enjoyed working with the students
Cons
benefits were expensive
working environment is great
part time Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  401,15th street, Oakland, CAOctober 31, 2015
working with the professional is great, i learned how to deal with the different problems regarding the System administrator roles to play in the work place.
Cons
short breaks allowed
Interesting work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln UniversityOctober 14, 2015
Was my work study while in college, second semester junior year. Loved being able to come in and get things done to benefit my campus.
Pros
great work environment
A challenge
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PASeptember 25, 2015
Probably one of the hardest jobs I have ever had but it is also the most rewarding. I have learned so much as an RA that I still apply to my everyday life and problems.
productive fun environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jefferson city, MOSeptember 21, 2015
This place was an excellence experience as a student worker. I gained a lot of professionalism while working and attending school here. the most enjoyable time at the job was being able to work with my peers. Young people I was attending school with.
Intern
CIS Internship (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOAugust 27, 2015
Some hours that i would worked
I learned to upgrade software, complete assignments, answer phones at a help desk.
Ok management
Getting along
Trying to communicate clearly
Gaining more information technology experience
fiscal annual reporting
Financial Reporting Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, PAJuly 22, 2015
the job duties were busy, the benefits were very good. Working environment was pleasant. Management was approachable, and helpful towards staff.
Pros
hands on learning
Cons
distance/traveling
Great place before Jennings became President
Interim Vice President, Institutional Advancement (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAJuly 2, 2015
We raised over $300 million during our capital campaign. The school has been completely transformed. It is a modern facility. The past President created a wonderful environment in which to work.
Pros
Great people in advancement
Cons
Working with the some departments
Great job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAJune 22, 2015
I loved working with students, and the staff were some of the nicest people I'd met. It was truly a shame it was only temp jobs but I'd do it all over again anytime
Workplace was productive.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pennsylvania.June 9, 2015
Working as a tutor aid with my studies as a student because it allowed constant review of academic materials that made me a better student. I usually help student with course work by explain the material from a peer perceptive.
Pros
Aid with Studies
Productive, High Energy Atmosphere with a focused environment
Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 28, 2015
- monitored athletes workouts, and measured athletic performance improvement, and created individual workout plans
-used excel to document all athletic information
-learned to o manage different sports, personalities and groups
- most difficult part of each day was making sure athletes were motivated
-most enjoyably part of the job was seeing athletes improve and seeing their hard work pay off
Pros
Learning on the fly, free travel, and lunches
Cons
No healthcare
enjoyed it
Student Leader Ambassador (Former Employee) –  lincoln universityMay 19, 2015
I guided incoming freshmen, helping them get acquainted with the life of a college student. I helped theme register for classes and join organizations.
Family environment
Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 4, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that you are helping the youth of tomorrow by assisting them today. It is rewarding to see the how the students grow as individuals and obtain their college degree knowing that you played a small part in their success.
Pros
Tuition waivers, friendly colleagues
Cons
Little room for advancement, low salaries
Archivist Assistant
Archivist Assistance (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 11, 2015
I enjoyed being employed at Inman A. Page Library in the Archives Department. While I was employed there my responsibilities there was scanning material, cataloging material, answering the telephone, and shelving books.
While I worked for the Archives Department in Inman A. Page Library I enjoyed my experience with my co-workers they were all friendly and helpful.
Pros
Very friendly and comfortable work enviroment
Great staff and excellent work atmosphere...
Residential Advisor (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 11, 2015
Residential Life employee covers room and boarding fee, as well as cafeteria meal plan. but there is no in hand cash. other then that is a great job for any student.
Pros
room and boarding fees are cover along with meal plan
Cons
no cash
Student based position
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAMarch 29, 2015
The position I held for Lincoln University was a student based position that I held during my senior year. The pay was basic at the min. wage for my part-time position. However It was just what I needed to get the experience for a real-world job. The staff, in the Athletics Department, were amazing and great to work with as they were helpful, patient, and always willing to show me new things. Again, this job was a student-based position so I cannot speak for the entire school or the employment aspect of the University. For me, it was enjoyable.
Great Experience
Community Outreach Internship (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMarch 21, 2015
I learned so much as both an employee and a student at Lincoln University. I learned so much about who it was that I will one day become.
Pros
Freshman Year of College
Cons
Freshman Year of College
Housing Coordinator
Housing Coordinator/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University PAMarch 16, 2015
• Counseled students on academic, personal, and social matters.
• Provided emergency first aid and requested medical assistance when necessary.
• Monitored student activity and reported unusual behavior while ensuring campus safety.
• Determined the need for facility maintenance repairs and notified the appropriate personnel.
• Collaborated with counselors to develop counseling programs that addressed student needs.
Excellent
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Office of Assessment and AccreditationMarch 12, 2015
This working environment is surrounded around people that care about not only their students but they car about your education and furthering your career.
A very productive busy day
FINANCIAL AID TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMarch 4, 2015
I learned customer serivce, how to work with different cultures. Management was great, an on top of bussiness at hand. The hardest part of the job was dealing with frustrated students when they are not awarded the fincial aid they would like to receive.
Pros
off on time, but sometimes able to work late for extra hours.
Cons
not able to make up hours missed.