Lincoln University Employee Reviews

It was okay but needs improvement
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJuly 21, 2017
I had fun working for Lincoln but some of the staff were rude
The management was all over the place and would make false claims about your performance
Pros
staff was nice
Cons
pay
Fast paced and interesting work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2017
Highly rewarding. The graduate program for working adults is rewarding as the students receive skills and information that is immediately useful. They also come away with a network of colleagues for future consultation.
Teaching experinece with student is great, fun & have excellent academic environment
Ultrasound Faculty and Ultrasound Lab Instructor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 13, 2017
I enjoy teaching students to achieve academic goal. By teaching I developed excellent presentation skill & communication skill.
Enjoy to work with students of different ethnicity & culture.
Decent school but with a lot of baggage.
Executive Director of University Relations (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJuly 9, 2017
Enjoyed the marketing of the institution and freedom giving by the new president. Mission and vision oriented. New president was very focused and community oriented.
Pros
Very good president.
Cons
Terrible board of trustees.
Challenging Culture
Web Designer Programmer (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJune 27, 2017
The best thing about this workplace is that you learn how to work with difficult people under challenging restrictions. There is little to no room for professional growth (within my unit). Oftentimes egos get in the way of focusing on the prime directive of providing quality education to deserving students while providing them with the necessary life skills to be productive, awesome members of society.
Resident Advisor
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAJune 18, 2017
Interacting with students daily. I learned about time-management, program develop, outreach causes, and many ways to convey relevant information to a large number of people. Management varied and I had two supervisors while being employed there for 2 years. Workplace culture is unique, most will come to understand the culture after 3 months of working there. The hardest part of job was to work diligently and effectively with limited resources. The most enjoyable aspect were the effects of our outreach; some students were impacted.
Pros
Close Bonds with Staff
Cons
Not Enough funds to implement all things needed to run an effective staff
it was alright
Student Media Designer (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJune 14, 2017
I didn't like my boss but I did like my coworkers. I was able to basically do what I wanted, and come in when I want. The jpb was just boring. I could even work in my room if I wanted to.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
boss was mean
if you want to succeed, you will
Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, PAJune 10, 2017
relaxed, calming environment. awesome people to work with, supervisors very understanding and professional. very detail oriented great school to attend and make good money will receiving great education
peaceful enviroment
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PAMay 27, 2017
It is a very peaceful job and experience. I was always able to get a lot of work done an the librarians were always super lenient.
i would work their again
Pros
pay
Cons
work
great enviornment
NEWS WRITER/DJ (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 25, 2017
Perfect place to learn about the field, and pull knowledge from managers. Managers were always available to answer questions, and the workplace had a great atmosphere.
Pros
skills learned
Cons

Want to know more about Lincoln University?

Ask a question
Desk Assistant: Lincoln University
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PAMay 17, 2017
I enjoyed working here because I was able to stay on campus and study while making money to pay for my college books. I interacted with students in my class which made my job fun and a little easier.
fun place to work.
Librarian (Current Employee) –  Oxford, PAMay 10, 2017
its a small campus, so would see a lot of familiar faces in the library. co-workers are very pleasant to work with. i've learned learned how the library gets their books and organizes them. The hardest part was decorating the library when holidays would come around, but it was also a fun team project.
Resident Advisor
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAMay 3, 2017
I assisted the Resident Coordinator with whatever he/she needed. Assisted students with dorm lockouts and mediated roommate conflicts. The hardest part of the job making sure the key logs were correct and up to date. Most enjoyable part of the job was working directly with the students.
Pros
My employees were my peers.
Cons
Not enough money.
Productive and fun.
Director and Photographer (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 27, 2017
Lincoln University prepared me to further myself in a work area, while at Lincoln University I've learned how to further my production skill with enhancing how I use creativity to film, write production treatments, create short stories, edit use after effects, adobe premiere and other editing programs.
Pros
Great Job Experience.
good experience
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CA 94612February 17, 2017
Assist students to meet their needs, Handle telephone calls and relay messages to appropriate individual, attend meetings, take and record minutes of meetings and distribute the same as instructed, Maintain inventory of office supplies and ensure that supplies are ordered on time, Schedule and assign administrative projects and ensure that results are expedited, Handle administrative issues and conflicts as per company’s policies, Ensure quick response to routine inquiries, Open, arrange, and distribute incoming mail, faxes and email, conduct workshops and events for each semester
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no healthcare
Offered diversity and research
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MissouriJanuary 10, 2017
Diverse, busy , multi tasking and fast paced.
I enjoyed engaging with students staff and the public.
Promotion of events, notifying both the public and students of various events to be hosted.
Notifying radio shows, social media and general community of events being held to improve general wellbeing and enhance lifestyle habits.
Productive and Fun
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAJanuary 6, 2017
Great place to work! Fun environment. Gained alot of Office experience. Learned excell. How to email and answer phones. if it wasnt for location i would have stayed
Professional Office
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PADecember 19, 2016
I interviewed prospective employees and assisted them in different areas of the company. I learned how to interview and work with different professionals within the university.
Pros
Diverse clientel
Cons
short breaks
opin.
ground maintenance (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 8, 2016
people are friendly and very team oriented,
Everyone comes together as a team to Reach warehouse goals.
Most have caring leadeship,.Job task keeps me very busy, Great benefits,Competitive pay.
Good environment
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 23, 2016
Enjoyed my time at the department. Would go back in the blink of an eye. The staff at the school is easy to get along with. Majority of the students are Pro-LE. Overall the University is a good place to begin or end a career in law enforcement
Pros
Positive environment, great officers to work with.
Cons
Its slow, and then its fast. There is no constant busy, no constant slow.