Lincoln University Employee Reviews

Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOAugust 10, 2016
Lincoln University was a great place to work with. However those in leadership positions stayed in those position until a new president came on board and shortly after these positions were filled with a whole administration. This was my only issue.
Pros
Work life balance is great
Cons
Compensation is extremely low
Good start, but not worth staying
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAOctober 2, 2016
Good department if you need to get your foot in the door somewhere. Substandard pay, expensive benefits, and absolutely *NO* appreciation of the campus police don't make it worth staying.
Pros
Summer time is very relaxed
Cons
You can work fewer hours and make more money at a part-time police job in Chester County
Good environment
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 23, 2016
Enjoyed my time at the department. Would go back in the blink of an eye. The staff at the school is easy to get along with. Majority of the students are Pro-LE. Overall the University is a good place to begin or end a career in law enforcement
Pros
Positive environment, great officers to work with.
Cons
Its slow, and then its fast. There is no constant busy, no constant slow.
Good company to work for
Admin (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 16, 2015
I had a very good boss that I enjoyed working for. My co-worker were always helpful which made my job enjoyable. Working during homecoming was hard.
Pros
I enjoyed working with the students
Cons
benefits were expensive
I love my HBCU
Student Assistant Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PASeptember 17, 2016
Current graduate from LU. Worked on campus for two years. My RA job was annoying though and I did not like my RC. But overall, my team and I made it what it was and I had my own living space so that was a major perk.
A multicultural HBCU
Retired Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJune 17, 2016
Although Lincoln University is an HBCU, its student can't be more diverse, as well as the faculty. That creates a unique atmosphere of multicultural learning and interaction!
Pros
Very diverse, a culture of collective work.
Cons
Low salaries and no increase at all.
Great place before Jennings became President
Interim Vice President, Institutional Advancement (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAJuly 2, 2015
We raised over $300 million during our capital campaign. The school has been completely transformed. It is a modern facility. The past President created a wonderful environment in which to work.
Pros
Great people in advancement
Cons
Working with the some departments
lovable and amazing experience
Part Time Account office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 6, 2016
Great company to work with everyone is very friendly i always miss the site when i am on vacation love .
lifting in moving Things
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 15, 2016
Iam a Team player,very energetic and love being helpful.Love working with people.I always try to finish an assignment which I started.
"Cons" out weigh the "Pros"
Lab Technician/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 14, 2014
Most days I prepare reports using Microsoft word and excel. I gather research for my employer to review and to apply to a given research project. I complete requests by greeting customers, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries. I maintain all the office equipment and supplies. I also collect samples when needed and prepare samples for testing. I work by myself for the most part and have found myself to be quite self-efficient. However, my supervisor is in and out of the office frequently. The hardest part about this job is not knowing when I will be without a job or when my hours will be reduced. It is budget funded only. I also do not get any benefits, and the work hours vary due to my supervisors own personal schedule. I like the fact that this job is somewhat in my area of expertise (biology/chemistry).
Pros
Related to my area of expertise
Cons
No healthcare or other benefits, budget based, insufficient amount of hours, low salary
Very productive place to work
Human Resources Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 26, 2016
pleasant work environment,learned how to utilize various software and office equipment that was very valuable.the most enjoyable part of my job was the family like atmosphere and team work
fiscal annual reporting
Financial Reporting Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, PAJuly 22, 2015
the job duties were busy, the benefits were very good. Working environment was pleasant. Management was approachable, and helpful towards staff.
Pros
hands on learning
Cons
distance/traveling
Structure and organization
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PAMay 3, 2016
Workdays were not all that long, but everyday had a set list of duties I had to fulfill before clocking out at the end of my shift. That is for the work study program which is why my hours were not what I would have liked.
I loved my hours
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOFebruary 13, 2014
I would get to work at about 2:30 am, Mon. thru Fri. I would jump rite on in and go clean my buildings. Usually I would get done at about 10:30 am or shortly after. then I would head home and get home at about 11:15 am. I would then have all day to do what ever I wanted. I loved working with all of my co-workers, the hardest part of my whole day was staying awake, but I managed and got used to the hours after working the third shift at my other job. I loved being able to work by myself and at my own pace.
Pros
They gave me my own vehicle to drive on campus.
Cons
couldn't go to full time so I could get benefits.
fun workplace
Lincoln University Woman's Basketball Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAApril 6, 2016
most enjoyable part of this job were the kids. I love kids and I love taking care of them and just playing with them. a typical day would be feeding the kids, changing diapers, playing with them, putting them down for naps, and doing fun activities.
Pros
hour long breaks, the kids, only open during the week
Cons
n/a
fun working place
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 25, 2016
i really enjoyed work there, it was a great experience. my coworkers made working at lincoln university a very easy job, reason being that everyone got along and always was willing to help one another,
Pros
it was a good job
Cons
could have gave more hours to the students.
Very Productive!
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAMay 19, 2016
Although, just an tutor, they treated me very well. There was not anything particularly hard about the job, my duties were fairly easy. I had fun tutoring my peers.
Work Study Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 21, 2016
I love that Lincoln University provides work study jobs on campus if you are attending school at this location. There are always up to date posting of different jobs available.
Pros
numerous of jobs available
Cons
doesnt apply if you are not a student
Resident Advisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 16, 2016
I enjoyed working at Lincoln University the environment was really good. I enjoyed coming up with different projects as well as working along with the other students on my floor .
Pros
Free room and bored
Descent university
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAApril 30, 2016
This program and school is expanding each day for the betterment of the students and community. Working with the students is fulfilling in many ways.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln University. Our community is ready to answer.