Lincoln University Employee Reviews

Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOAugust 10, 2016
Lincoln University was a great place to work with. However those in leadership positions stayed in those position until a new president came on board and shortly after these positions were filled with a whole administration. This was my only issue.
Pros
Work life balance is great
Cons
Compensation is extremely low
opin.
ground maintenance (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 8, 2016
people are friendly and very team oriented,
Everyone comes together as a team to Reach warehouse goals.
Most have caring leadeship,.Job task keeps me very busy, Great benefits,Competitive pay.
Good start, but not worth staying
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAOctober 2, 2016
Good department if you need to get your foot in the door somewhere. Substandard pay, expensive benefits, and absolutely *NO* appreciation of the campus police don't make it worth staying.
Pros
Summer time is very relaxed
Cons
You can work fewer hours and make more money at a part-time police job in Chester County
Stay away
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 14, 2016
Very racist. If you are white do not work here. Was fired for being white, when I did all the work and my black coworker did nothing! Very unfair. Management is crooked and gets away with stealing
Offered diversity and research
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MissouriJanuary 10, 2017
Diverse, busy , multi tasking and fast paced.
I enjoyed engaging with students staff and the public.
Promotion of events, notifying both the public and students of various events to be hosted.
Notifying radio shows, social media and general community of events being held to improve general wellbeing and enhance lifestyle habits.
Good environment
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 23, 2016
Enjoyed my time at the department. Would go back in the blink of an eye. The staff at the school is easy to get along with. Majority of the students are Pro-LE. Overall the University is a good place to begin or end a career in law enforcement
Pros
Positive environment, great officers to work with.
Cons
Its slow, and then its fast. There is no constant busy, no constant slow.
Professional Office
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PADecember 19, 2016
I interviewed prospective employees and assisted them in different areas of the company. I learned how to interview and work with different professionals within the university.
Pros
Diverse clientel
Cons
short breaks
Productive and Fun
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAJanuary 6, 2017
Great place to work! Fun environment. Gained alot of Office experience. Learned excell. How to email and answer phones. if it wasnt for location i would have stayed
I love my HBCU
Student Assistant Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PASeptember 17, 2016
Current graduate from LU. Worked on campus for two years. My RA job was annoying though and I did not like my RC. But overall, my team and I made it what it was and I had my own living space so that was a major perk.
Good company to work for
Admin (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 16, 2015
I had a very good boss that I enjoyed working for. My co-worker were always helpful which made my job enjoyable. Working during homecoming was hard.
Pros
I enjoyed working with the students
Cons
benefits were expensive
A multicultural HBCU
Retired Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJune 17, 2016
Although Lincoln University is an HBCU, its student can't be more diverse, as well as the faculty. That creates a unique atmosphere of multicultural learning and interaction!
Pros
Very diverse, a culture of collective work.
Cons
Low salaries and no increase at all.
"Cons" out weigh the "Pros"
Lab Technician/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 14, 2014
Most days I prepare reports using Microsoft word and excel. I gather research for my employer to review and to apply to a given research project. I complete requests by greeting customers, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries. I maintain all the office equipment and supplies. I also collect samples when needed and prepare samples for testing. I work by myself for the most part and have found myself to be quite self-efficient. However, my supervisor is in and out of the office frequently. The hardest part about this job is not knowing when I will be without a job or when my hours will be reduced. It is budget funded only. I also do not get any benefits, and the work hours vary due to my supervisors own personal schedule. I like the fact that this job is somewhat in my area of expertise (biology/chemistry).
Pros
Related to my area of expertise
Cons
No healthcare or other benefits, budget based, insufficient amount of hours, low salary
Great place before Jennings became President
Interim Vice President, Institutional Advancement (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAJuly 2, 2015
We raised over $300 million during our capital campaign. The school has been completely transformed. It is a modern facility. The past President created a wonderful environment in which to work.
Pros
Great people in advancement
Cons
Working with the some departments
lovable and amazing experience
Part Time Account office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 6, 2016
Great company to work with everyone is very friendly i always miss the site when i am on vacation love .
I loved my hours
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOFebruary 13, 2014
I would get to work at about 2:30 am, Mon. thru Fri. I would jump rite on in and go clean my buildings. Usually I would get done at about 10:30 am or shortly after. then I would head home and get home at about 11:15 am. I would then have all day to do what ever I wanted. I loved working with all of my co-workers, the hardest part of my whole day was staying awake, but I managed and got used to the hours after working the third shift at my other job. I loved being able to work by myself and at my own pace.
Pros
They gave me my own vehicle to drive on campus.
Cons
couldn't go to full time so I could get benefits.
lifting in moving Things
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 15, 2016
Iam a Team player,very energetic and love being helpful.Love working with people.I always try to finish an assignment which I started.
fiscal annual reporting
Financial Reporting Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, PAJuly 22, 2015
the job duties were busy, the benefits were very good. Working environment was pleasant. Management was approachable, and helpful towards staff.
Pros
hands on learning
Cons
distance/traveling
Very productive place to work
Human Resources Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 26, 2016
pleasant work environment,learned how to utilize various software and office equipment that was very valuable.the most enjoyable part of my job was the family like atmosphere and team work
Structure and organization
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PAMay 3, 2016
Workdays were not all that long, but everyday had a set list of duties I had to fulfill before clocking out at the end of my shift. That is for the work study program which is why my hours were not what I would have liked.
fun working place
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 25, 2016
i really enjoyed work there, it was a great experience. my coworkers made working at lincoln university a very easy job, reason being that everyone got along and always was willing to help one another,
Pros
it was a good job
Cons
could have gave more hours to the students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln University. Our community is ready to answer.