Lincoln University Employee Reviews

Good environment
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 23, 2016
Enjoyed my time at the department. Would go back in the blink of an eye. The staff at the school is easy to get along with. Majority of the students are Pro-LE. Overall the University is a good place to begin or end a career in law enforcement
Pros
Positive environment, great officers to work with.
Cons
Its slow, and then its fast. There is no constant busy, no constant slow.
Good start, but not worth staying
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAOctober 2, 2016
Good department if you need to get your foot in the door somewhere. Substandard pay, expensive benefits, and absolutely *NO* appreciation of the campus police don't make it worth staying.
Pros
Summer time is very relaxed
Cons
You can work fewer hours and make more money at a part-time police job in Chester County
I love my HBCU
Student Assistant Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PASeptember 17, 2016
Current graduate from LU. Worked on campus for two years. My RA job was annoying though and I did not like my RC. But overall, my team and I made it what it was and I had my own living space so that was a major perk.
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOAugust 10, 2016
Lincoln University was a great place to work with. However those in leadership positions stayed in those position until a new president came on board and shortly after these positions were filled with a whole administration. This was my only issue.
Pros
Work life balance is great
Cons
Compensation is extremely low
lovable and amazing experience
Part Time Account office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 6, 2016
Great company to work with everyone is very friendly i always miss the site when i am on vacation love .
lifting in moving Things
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 15, 2016
Iam a Team player,very energetic and love being helpful.Love working with people.I always try to finish an assignment which I started.
A multicultural HBCU
Retired Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJune 17, 2016
Although Lincoln University is an HBCU, its student can't be more diverse, as well as the faculty. That creates a unique atmosphere of multicultural learning and interaction!
Pros
Very diverse, a culture of collective work.
Cons
Low salaries and no increase at all.
Very productive place to work
Human Resources Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 26, 2016
pleasant work environment,learned how to utilize various software and office equipment that was very valuable.the most enjoyable part of my job was the family like atmosphere and team work
Very Productive!
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAMay 19, 2016
Although, just an tutor, they treated me very well. There was not anything particularly hard about the job, my duties were fairly easy. I had fun tutoring my peers.
Structure and organization
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PAMay 3, 2016
Workdays were not all that long, but everyday had a set list of duties I had to fulfill before clocking out at the end of my shift. That is for the work study program which is why my hours were not what I would have liked.
Descent university
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAApril 30, 2016
This program and school is expanding each day for the betterment of the students and community. Working with the students is fulfilling in many ways.
fun working place
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 25, 2016
i really enjoyed work there, it was a great experience. my coworkers made working at lincoln university a very easy job, reason being that everyone got along and always was willing to help one another,
Pros
it was a good job
Cons
could have gave more hours to the students.
Work Study Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 21, 2016
I love that Lincoln University provides work study jobs on campus if you are attending school at this location. There are always up to date posting of different jobs available.
Pros
numerous of jobs available
Cons
doesnt apply if you are not a student
Resident Advisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 16, 2016
I enjoyed working at Lincoln University the environment was really good. I enjoyed coming up with different projects as well as working along with the other students on my floor .
Pros
Free room and bored
fun workplace
Lincoln University Woman's Basketball Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAApril 6, 2016
most enjoyable part of this job were the kids. I love kids and I love taking care of them and just playing with them. a typical day would be feeding the kids, changing diapers, playing with them, putting them down for naps, and doing fun activities.
Pros
hour long breaks, the kids, only open during the week
Cons
n/a
Great place to be
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMarch 21, 2016
The overall experience working for this company a wonderful fun loving environment to be apart of. Everyone is very enthusiastic and loves coming to work. I enjoyed every minute of my stay here.
Good company to work for
Admin (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 16, 2015
I had a very good boss that I enjoyed working for. My co-worker were always helpful which made my job enjoyable. Working during homecoming was hard.
Pros
I enjoyed working with the students
Cons
benefits were expensive
working environment is great
part time Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  401,15th street, Oakland, CAOctober 31, 2015
working with the professional is great, i learned how to deal with the different problems regarding the System administrator roles to play in the work place.
Cons
short breaks allowed
Interesting work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln UniversityOctober 14, 2015
Was my work study while in college, second semester junior year. Loved being able to come in and get things done to benefit my campus.
Pros
great work environment
A challenge
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PASeptember 25, 2015
Probably one of the hardest jobs I have ever had but it is also the most rewarding. I have learned so much as an RA that I still apply to my everyday life and problems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincoln University. Our community is ready to answer.