Lincoln University Employee Reviews

if you want to succeed, you will
Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, PAJune 10, 2017
relaxed, calming environment. awesome people to work with, supervisors very understanding and professional. very detail oriented great school to attend and make good money will receiving great education
peaceful enviroment
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PAMay 27, 2017
It is a very peaceful job and experience. I was always able to get a lot of work done an the librarians were always super lenient.
i would work their again
Pros
pay
Cons
work
great enviornment
NEWS WRITER/DJ (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 25, 2017
Perfect place to learn about the field, and pull knowledge from managers. Managers were always available to answer questions, and the workplace had a great atmosphere.
Pros
skills learned
Desk Assistant: Lincoln University
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PAMay 17, 2017
I enjoyed working here because I was able to stay on campus and study while making money to pay for my college books. I interacted with students in my class which made my job fun and a little easier.
fun place to work.
Librarian (Current Employee) –  Oxford, PAMay 10, 2017
its a small campus, so would see a lot of familiar faces in the library. co-workers are very pleasant to work with. i've learned learned how the library gets their books and organizes them. The hardest part was decorating the library when holidays would come around, but it was also a fun team project.
Resident Advisor
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAMay 3, 2017
I assisted the Resident Coordinator with whatever he/she needed. Assisted students with dorm lockouts and mediated roommate conflicts. The hardest part of the job making sure the key logs were correct and up to date. Most enjoyable part of the job was working directly with the students.
Pros
My employees were my peers.
Cons
Not enough money.
Productive and fun.
Director and Photographer (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 27, 2017
Lincoln University prepared me to further myself in a work area, while at Lincoln University I've learned how to further my production skill with enhancing how I use creativity to film, write production treatments, create short stories, edit use after effects, adobe premiere and other editing programs.
Pros
Great Job Experience.
good experience
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CA 94612February 17, 2017
Assist students to meet their needs, Handle telephone calls and relay messages to appropriate individual, attend meetings, take and record minutes of meetings and distribute the same as instructed, Maintain inventory of office supplies and ensure that supplies are ordered on time, Schedule and assign administrative projects and ensure that results are expedited, Handle administrative issues and conflicts as per company’s policies, Ensure quick response to routine inquiries, Open, arrange, and distribute incoming mail, faxes and email, conduct workshops and events for each semester
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no healthcare
Offered diversity and research
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MissouriJanuary 10, 2017
Diverse, busy , multi tasking and fast paced.
I enjoyed engaging with students staff and the public.
Promotion of events, notifying both the public and students of various events to be hosted.
Notifying radio shows, social media and general community of events being held to improve general wellbeing and enhance lifestyle habits.
Productive and Fun
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAJanuary 6, 2017
Great place to work! Fun environment. Gained alot of Office experience. Learned excell. How to email and answer phones. if it wasnt for location i would have stayed
Professional Office
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PADecember 19, 2016
I interviewed prospective employees and assisted them in different areas of the company. I learned how to interview and work with different professionals within the university.
Pros
Diverse clientel
Cons
short breaks
opin.
ground maintenance (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 8, 2016
people are friendly and very team oriented,
Everyone comes together as a team to Reach warehouse goals.
Most have caring leadeship,.Job task keeps me very busy, Great benefits,Competitive pay.
Good environment
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 23, 2016
Enjoyed my time at the department. Would go back in the blink of an eye. The staff at the school is easy to get along with. Majority of the students are Pro-LE. Overall the University is a good place to begin or end a career in law enforcement
Pros
Positive environment, great officers to work with.
Cons
Its slow, and then its fast. There is no constant busy, no constant slow.
Good start, but not worth staying
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PAOctober 2, 2016
Good department if you need to get your foot in the door somewhere. Substandard pay, expensive benefits, and absolutely *NO* appreciation of the campus police don't make it worth staying.
Pros
Summer time is very relaxed
Cons
You can work fewer hours and make more money at a part-time police job in Chester County
I love my HBCU
Student Assistant Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lincoln University, PASeptember 17, 2016
Current graduate from LU. Worked on campus for two years. My RA job was annoying though and I did not like my RC. But overall, my team and I made it what it was and I had my own living space so that was a major perk.
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOAugust 10, 2016
Lincoln University was a great place to work with. However those in leadership positions stayed in those position until a new president came on board and shortly after these positions were filled with a whole administration. This was my only issue.
Pros
Work life balance is great
Cons
Compensation is extremely low
lovable and amazing experience
Part Time Account office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 6, 2016
Great company to work with everyone is very friendly i always miss the site when i am on vacation love .
lifting in moving Things
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 15, 2016
Iam a Team player,very energetic and love being helpful.Love working with people.I always try to finish an assignment which I started.
A multicultural HBCU
Retired Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJune 17, 2016
Although Lincoln University is an HBCU, its student can't be more diverse, as well as the faculty. That creates a unique atmosphere of multicultural learning and interaction!
Pros
Very diverse, a culture of collective work.
Cons
Low salaries and no increase at all.
Very productive place to work
Human Resources Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 26, 2016
pleasant work environment,learned how to utilize various software and office equipment that was very valuable.the most enjoyable part of my job was the family like atmosphere and team work