Lincoln University

Lincoln University Employer Reviews

Very productive
Youth Program Assistant (Former Employee), Caruthersville, MOOctober 5, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: the parents sometimes not cooperate.
I had two positions at Lincoln which consisted of working with the parents. The other position was working with the youth. I made home visits teaching the parents about nutrition. I participated with other agencies to have workshops on nutrition. The other position consisted on teaching the youth about character building.
Great place!
Molecular Biology Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Lincoln, SSeptember 12, 2013
Wonderful place! Professors really care about their students -- plenty of opportunity to be involved !
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOAugust 24, 2013
Pros: added income, teaching young adults that wanted to be there
Cons: no computer, room was rarely cleaned, inadequate facilities, and unsafe invironment
I believe at times that I was the only instructor in the building most evenings. Class started at 5:30 and ended at 7:30. Since it was an Autumn course, I came and went in the dark. I enjoyed teaching the class of approximately 18 students. This varied from semester to semester.
Very supportive supervisors and administrative staff
Grant Research Associate (Former Employee), Lincoln University, PAAugust 5, 2013
This environment enabled me to grow and develop the necessary skills to succeed in any future employment. My day-to-day tasks were challenging and allowed me to develop my creative talents.
Objectives
Library Office Assistant (Current Employee), Lincoln University, PAJuly 23, 2013
Pros: taking classes to improve yourself
Cons: slow pace during the summer months.
I would like to think that working at a HBCU would make people feel comfortable but I have noticed that due to the economy no one could have predicted these last several months.
Strong athletic environment were demonstration is key
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOMay 29, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Hard working environment. Great atmosphere were coaches are very instrumental in your success as a young coach.
Great Experince
Student leader ambassador (Former Employee), lincoln university paApril 12, 2013
I had a great experience as being a Student Leader it was not only my job but it allowed me to learn and grow and experience new and different environments.
Working at Lincoln University was an enjoyable Institution to work for.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Lincoln University, PAApril 4, 2013
Working at Lincoln University was a great learning experience. I was able to work with a deverse body of Associates. The staff were easy to work as well as the student population.
What my work day consist of.
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee), Jefferson City, MOApril 1, 2013
Pros: meeting new young men and their families
Cons: budget for recruiting and scholarships
My typical day at work is dealing with student-athletes and recruiting potential student-athletes.
Fun Work Place
RESIDENT ADVISOR (Former Employee), Lincoln University, PAFebruary 8, 2013
Creative and Caring work place. Everyone is working towards the better of the college community.
Queit aera and fun workplace
Research Associate in Business Statistics (Former Employee), MOFebruary 2, 2013
Cons: short breaks
I did work about data management and analysis using SAS, Stata and Winbugs, and used Bayes modle to analyze the data.
Excellent customer service
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Office of the BursarDecember 27, 2012
Learned how to management my time better for the duration of the day.
Lincoln Library
ARCHIVIST ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MODecember 18, 2012
This is a great place to work. The people are great and the atmosphere is wonderful
Nurturing environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Lincoln, PADecember 17, 2012
Pros: the students
Cons: the location
I enjoy the students at Lincoln University as they are joy to teach.
Productive fast enjoyable environment
Program Youth Coordinator (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MoDecember 11, 2012
Pros: challenges, free to be creative, staying busy, building relationships with other organizations
Cons: there were know cons, loved every challenge that was preented to me
A typical day at Lincoln University was making sure deals are confirmed, contracts are completed and signed, and staying within budget. Also I worked with my co workers to plan a promote programs and big events. I did a lot of brainstorming to create original events. This involved conducting meeting, writing and requesting grants, collaborating with – more... other organizations, designing posters, advertising, and promoting our completed work. I learned a lot about making good and honest business decisions, good work ethics, and good organization just to name a few. I managed my own time and I also managed work study students who helped with our events. I loved my co workers, we were like family. We worked together effortlessly. We never competed with each other, we helped each other when needed. There was nothing hard about my job because I love challenges. The most enjoyable part about my job was being able to freely use my creativity and working with good people. – less
Lab experiments are very interesting.
Technician (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: manage my works by myself
Cons: very busy
I Love doing research works in biochemistry field. I have strong background in the area and more experiences on bench work.
Speaking on Air
Radio Personality for my University (Former Employee), Lincoln UniversitySeptember 6, 2012
Pros: gained a lot of experience and confidence
Over all working in the radio station was always a great experience. They give the students of the University a opportunity to create their own show and I loved every second of it.
Excellent place to work. It was very rewarding to have such a positive impact on the students
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Health FacilityAugust 29, 2012
Pros: they treat physical and emotional difficulties and are advocates for hiv awareness and std testing .
Cons: they dont recieve the credit and recognition they most certainly deserve
Excellent staff to work with. They are very capable and professional. They are very student oriented and provide excellent care. The staff has a very good bed side manner when treating the students.I learned to become proficient in all of the skills for being a Medical Assistant.They provide comprehensive coverage from the minor to life threatening – more... emergencies both physical and emotional, that have occured on site. I personally would feel very relieved to know that my son or daughter would reciieve excellent care at this Health Facility. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Tutor (Former Employee), Oxford. PAAugust 2, 2012
I had to help my fellow peers with their studies and watch over them during study hall. I learned that just because an individual is not doing well academically, does not mean that they are not trying. The management was very nice, helpful, organized, and understanding. The job was not hard. The most enjoyable part was interacting with my co-workers – more... and peers. – less
Productive Workplace
Assistant to the Admissions and Records Offices (Former Employee), 401 15th Street, Oakland, CA 94612July 7, 2012
Pros: free activities
Cons: short time for lunch break
Established new files for new students
Converted the new students’ files and organized them in the file room
Answered the general questions from calls in the admissions offices.
Checked Lincoln University‘s official email for the admissions offices and responded emails according to the different kinds of questions.
Arranged the professors’ offices – more... and checked whether the stationery is enough
Helped the admission office to mail all the letters and packages at the post office
Lead students to attend graduation ceremony every year
Database Management
Helped students to register for the semesters step by step
Printed out the courses’ schedule for students through the courses’ database
Received the grades from all the professors after semesters end and input the grades in the academic database and mailed the grades to the students.
Collected attendance sheets from professors and input data in computer system.
Changed the basic information about students after they submit the change of forms.
Reminded students to pick up the documents which they have applied for. – less