Lindner Center of HOPE Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Nice Place To Be
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 3, 2015
The atmosphere here is great and the people are welcoming and helpful. I'll be sad to leave them when my internship is completed.
Internship
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 20, 2015
I completed my undergraduate capstone internship here and loved every second of it! I was taught the intricate nature of healthcare administration by serving as an assistant to the Executive Director.
Inpatient psychiatric care
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHOctober 24, 2014
• Complete physical checks and monitor patients to detect unusual or harmful behavior and report observations to professional staff.
• Record and maintain patient information, such as vital signs, eating habits, behavior, progress notes, treatments, or discharge plans.
• Maintain patients' restrictions to assigned areas.
• Aid patients in becoming accustomed to hospital routine.
• Complete administrative tasks, such as entering orders into computer, answering telephone calls, or maintaining medical or facility information.
• Introduce patients and families to the staff and help them acclimate to the facility.
Good Pay / Bad Administration
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHOctober 13, 2014
Come in and get report from shift before.
Work on unit with kids 12 -18.
Run groups in the milieu
Will teach the adolescents DBT, CBT, Positive Psychology skills
Managements is poor - 1st time manager and does not know what she is doing. When something goes wrong she will blame the individuals on bottom.
Not enough training
Does not pay or give CEU's
Co-workers at this point are paranoid and are looking for other jobs due to not feeling safe on the unit and not knowing who to trust.
I love my job due to watching the adolescents grow and get better upon discharge.
Pros
pay
Cons
barely get breaks, over worked, poor management and administration
Administration is Clueless
PSO (Former Employee) –  Mason, OhioApril 24, 2014
The hospital has a terrible administration. Most of the time they weren't even on the same page on medical treatment for patients. Communication in all hospitals is crucial. Many staff members are just plain rude. The pay is the only thing that was great. I did a lot of tasks outside my job field. This hospital needs more police officers period!!
Pros
pay
Cons
no breaks, rude staff, bad admins
productive and enjoyable workplace
FLOAT STAFF RN (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 8, 2014
High quality of care and committed, knowledgeable staff. Positive team spirit and collaboration among disciplines. Rare interpersonal conflict, staff dedicated to patient well being out in milieu. I functioned as per diem float and therefore worked on all shifts, all units in many capacities. Report was written, read aloud by on coming staff, assignments made during report. RNs reviewed meds at begin of shift and administered prns. Mental Health Specialists assessed patients and prepared for groups (therapy groups, exercise in the gym, accompanied walks on the grounds, activities in the Faith Center for those who were interested). PCA started rounds (15 minute checks) and obtained ordered vital signs and EKGs. Recreational Therapists came to units during day and evening shifts. This was essentially the routine through all the shifts. When other activities were not taking place all staff were involved in 1:1 contact with patients. Staff ate meals with patients. Team meeting was at 8:30 am daily and all MDs were present, all MSWs and one of the RNs to discuss immediate and long term plan for each patient.
Pros
free meals if you were assigned for attendant, positive collaborative atmosphere
Cons
administration took too long to fill vacancies and were too lenient on staff call-offs
Working at the Lindner Center of Hope
Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mason, OhioFebruary 18, 2014
Working at the Lindner Center of Hope was very rewarding, it was like working with family. I couldn't have asked for a better team of co-workers, and my supervisor was very down to earth and approachable.
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
lacked variety of coding due to facility type.
Amazing Work Place
Recreation Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 21, 2013
I loved my co workers. My supervisor was incredibly helpful, and helped me grow in my field. She helped me gain confidence in the tasks I was handling. She appropriately gave me skills I needed. I learned a lot about recreation therapy in this postion.