Lindner Center of HOPE Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Draining
Guess (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHDecember 31, 2017
Unit staffing were a pleasure to work with. The department I worked for was extremely stressful and very overworked. If there was an open position you had to pick up their duties. This would go on for months because of the no hire. 1st shift lead was rude, lazy and never picked up the extra work.
Pros
Unit staffing
Cons
Work overload for long periods.
Ok place to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHOctober 18, 2017
Typical day is doing 15 minute observations, doing 1:1's, running groups throughout the shift. Learned how to run groups. Never met management, but the supervisors were supportive and helpful. Some of the employees will undermine other employees. Hardest part of the job is trust with co-workers. Enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the patients.
Pros
Breaks; interacting with the patients.
Cons
employees undermining other employees; no trust
Mediocre acute/residential care
MENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHSeptember 28, 2017
The first 3.5 years were fantastic. New management made the work experience lackluster and stressful. Turn around is an issue, and a lack of adequate staff.
Pros
Employed doing what I loved
Cons
Exhausting
got hurt and no one cared
Server (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 7, 2017
I worked there for 5 years and got fired because I couldn't do my job after getting hurt at work. It was unfair and unjust cause for termination. STAY AWAY from there.
Mental Health
Administrative Coordinator/ RN (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 23, 2017
Great team work. Staffing coordinator is difficult to work with, she is non-clinical. Intake team was the best dept. They truly care about getting patients help.
wonderful staff members
RN, Charge (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHDecember 6, 2016
I liked working there but the scheduling is rough and you can never talk to the scheduler she does not take calls, texts nor do they answer emails. They take some rough patients, but the nurse to patient ratios are good compared to hospitals.
Pros
the benefits are great
Cons
the staff turnover except days, they take 40% of check for taxes
productive place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 7, 2016
Productive place to work. Strives to give the community the best treatment options in Cincinnati. People love what they do and it shows. Top rated doctors in Cincinnati.
Eating Disorder Group Specialist/Mental Health Specialist
Eating Disorder/Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHSeptember 7, 2015
I worked as the Eating Disorder Group Specialist in the Eating Disorder Clinic as well as a Mental Health Specialist in a residential setting. As an EDGS, I conducted Dialectical Behavior Therapy and Art Therapy to individuals and groups suffering from Anorexia and Bulimia. Through observation, experience, reading, classes, seminars, conferences and education, I learned about the signs, symptoms, causes and treatment of eating disorders.I found it rewarding to work with adolescents and adults with eating disorders and to witness their growth and recover. I enjoyed my co-workers and appreciated their reliability and support. The hardest part of the job was working under a supervisor who could not provide constructive criticism, who was unpredictable and who had different rules/standards than the Eating Disorder Medical Director. The most enjoyable part of my job was working alongside the Eating Disorder Medical Director who was an incredible educator and mentor (unfortunately she resigned). Witnessing the growth and recovery of patients was the most fulfilling part of my job.

A typical day as a Mental Health Specialist would include conducting groups, administering vitals, weights and EKGS, checking on patients, taking patients to support groups such as AA, educating patients on Mindfulness, Distress Tolerance, Emotion Regulation and Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills, art Therapy and providing therapeutic support. Through observation, experience, classes and education, I learned more specifically about mental illness, symptoms, causes and treatment. My supervisor was an
  more... exceptional manager who supported, encouraged and appreciated the work done with patients. He was flexible, understanding and provided clear standards and rules to follow. He had faith in his employees and expressed his gratitude daily. My co-workers were incredible team players, who supported, participated and educated one another when needed. The most rewarding part of this job was witnessing a patient (who was hopeless and confused) when arriving, to a patient who (has a clear diagnosis, medication management and therapy support) has joy and clarity about himself and his life.  less
Pros
Health Care Benefits/Paid time off/401K
Cons
worked every weekend, not full time, low hourly rate, unsupportive supervisor
Nice Place To Be
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 3, 2015
The atmosphere here is great and the people are welcoming and helpful. I'll be sad to leave them when my internship is completed.
Internship
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 20, 2015
I completed my undergraduate capstone internship here and loved every second of it! I was taught the intricate nature of healthcare administration by serving as an assistant to the Executive Director.
Inpatient psychiatric care
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHOctober 24, 2014
• Complete physical checks and monitor patients to detect unusual or harmful behavior and report observations to professional staff.
• Record and maintain patient information, such as vital signs, eating habits, behavior, progress notes, treatments, or discharge plans.
• Maintain patients' restrictions to assigned areas.
• Aid patients in becoming accustomed to hospital routine.
• Complete administrative tasks, such as entering orders into computer, answering telephone calls, or maintaining medical or facility information.
• Introduce patients and families to the staff and help them acclimate to the facility.
Good Pay / Bad Administration
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHOctober 13, 2014
Come in and get report from shift before.
Work on unit with kids 12 -18.
Run groups in the milieu
Will teach the adolescents DBT, CBT, Positive Psychology skills
Managements is poor - 1st time manager and does not know what she is doing. When something goes wrong she will blame the individuals on bottom.
Not enough training
Does not pay or give CEU's
Co-workers at this point are paranoid and are looking for other jobs due to not feeling safe on the unit and not knowing who to trust.
I love my job due to watching the adolescents grow and get better upon discharge.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Barely Get Breaks, over worked, poor management and administration
Administration is Clueless
PSO (Former Employee) –  Mason, OhioApril 24, 2014
The hospital has a terrible administration. Most of the time they weren't even on the same page on medical treatment for patients. Communication in all hospitals is crucial. Many staff members are just plain rude. The pay is the only thing that was great. I did a lot of tasks outside my job field. This hospital needs more police officers period!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
No breaks, rude staff, bad admins
productive and enjoyable workplace
FLOAT STAFF RN (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 8, 2014
High quality of care and committed, knowledgeable staff. Positive team spirit and collaboration among disciplines. Rare interpersonal conflict, staff dedicated to patient well being out in milieu. I functioned as per diem float and therefore worked on all shifts, all units in many capacities. Report was written, read aloud by on coming staff, assignments made during report. RNs reviewed meds at begin of shift and administered prns. Mental Health Specialists assessed patients and prepared for groups (therapy groups, exercise in the gym, accompanied walks on the grounds, activities in the Faith Center for those who were interested). PCA started rounds (15 minute checks) and obtained ordered vital signs and EKGs. Recreational Therapists came to units during day and evening shifts. This was essentially the routine through all the shifts. When other activities were not taking place all staff were involved in 1:1 contact with patients. Staff ate meals with patients. Team meeting was at 8:30 am daily and all MDs were present, all MSWs and one of the RNs to discuss immediate and long term plan for each patient.
Pros
Free meals if you were assigned for attendant, positive collaborative atmosphere
Cons
administration took too long to fill vacancies and were too lenient on staff call-offs
Working at the Lindner Center of Hope
Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mason, OhioFebruary 18, 2014
Working at the Lindner Center of Hope was very rewarding, it was like working with family. I couldn't have asked for a better team of co-workers, and my supervisor was very down to earth and approachable.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
lacked variety of coding due to facility type.
Amazing Work Place
Recreation Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 21, 2013
I loved my co workers. My supervisor was incredibly helpful, and helped me grow in my field. She helped me gain confidence in the tasks I was handling. She appropriately gave me skills I needed. I learned a lot about recreation therapy in this postion.