Lindquist, von Husen & Joyce LLP is a dynamic public accounting firm that provides audit, tax and business advisory services to local Bay Area businesses, real estate developers, property managers and nonprofit organizations. LvHJ is one of the premier public accounting firms in the San Francisco Bay Area and consistently ranks in the largest 20 CPA firms in the area.
LvHJ’s Audit & Attestation Division is currently seeking hard working entry level and experienced Audit Associates to join our rapidly growing team. The Audit & Attestation Division provides audit and assurance services to the affordable housing industry, not-for-profit, real estate, employee benefit plans (401k and 403b), construction, manufacturing, maritime, leasing and other middle market Closely Held Businesses.
The Audit Associates work under a team of managers and partners and are expected to maintain LvHJ’s standards of excellence, which have resulted in unqualified external peer review reports for the past 30 years. The successful candidate will add value to the team by working on audit and agreed-upon-procedure engagements, and will perform duties to include, but not limited to:
- Preparation of financial statements with disclosures, applying basic areas of GAAP as needed and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various control systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of GAAS principles and applies them to engagements.
- Develops and applies knowledge of auditing theory to various client situations.
- Completes all appropriate documentation of work papers.
- Researches accounting topics and forms initial opinions.
To qualify as an Audit Associate at LvHJ, candidates must demonstrate:
- A minimum of one (1) year of audit experience with a public accounting firm performing services for US-based clients - Junior Level;
- A minimum of three (3) years of audit experience with a public accounting firm performing services for US-based clients - Senior level;
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting;
- Successful completion of the CPA exam in the audit stages
- Knowledge of accounting controls and professional standards and regulations (GAAP, GAAS, Sarbanes-Oxley etc)
- Proven experience in real estate partnerships and the affordable housing industry is desirable;
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English – both verbally and in writing;
- Effective organizational skills;
- Ability to successfully manage multiple engagements and time constraints; and
- Willingness and ability to travel within the Bay Area.
LvHJ promotes opportunities for long-term careers and rapid advancement. The firm offers:
- Flexible work schedules;
- Competitive salary;
- Sixteen (16) days of Paid Time Off during the first year of employment;
- 100% covered health, dental and vision insurance premiums for employees;
- 401(k) and cafeteria plans;
- Mentoring program; and
- Higher education reimbursement.
LvHJ employees enjoy many other perks such as business casual attire and regular employee recognition events (annual picnics, holiday parties, busy season parties and evening meals during the busy season). Our attractive office is in a great location - just one block from the Montgomery Street BART station and one block from the Sony Metreon complex.
To apply for this position, please email the following documents*:
- Employment application (applications can be found on the Careers page at www.lvhj.com)
- Cover letter