The individual in this position is the unbiased expert on the category and the retailer’s shopper. This includes providing category analysis, business insights, and category growth solutions for Target, Safeway, HEB, and other West and Central Area customers in the areas of promotion, pricing, assortment, and shelving to improve Lindt USA’s overall category performance. The individual is also skilled at primary and secondary data collection, analysis, reporting and presentation. Additionally, based on a thorough understanding of the consumer, shopper and retailer, this position develops and presents objective recommendations to drive Premium Chocolate Seasonal and Everyday successes at Lindt and our customers.
Category Management Support
-Leverages insight resources including but not limited to, Nielsen, Partners on Line, Retail Link,
dunnhumby, and EYC to prioritize consumer, shopper needs and opportunities.
-Develops category growth recommendations based upon a thorough understanding of consumer,
shopper, and retailer insight.
-Provides unbiased recommendations to all facets of the shopping experience including:
-Distribution – Assortment, mix, incrementally, and innovation ideas
-Shelving – Category, aisle, and store layout (partners with Sales Manager and DSM when
appropriate to implement Lindt shelving principles and standards when applicable)
-Pricing – Everyday, promotion and gap optimization
-Merchandising – Frequency, effectiveness and cross promotion recommendations
-Within the context of category management, conducts in-depth analysis of shelf productivity and
effectiveness; including space allocation versus volume, shelf inventory i.e. days of supply, analysis and resolution of out of stocks, return on investment, assortment analysis leading to optimal share of shelf, improved position and best variety.
-Maintain a proactive approach to the utilization of a broad set of analytical tools, including but not
limited to, Nielsen, Household, Shopper Research, dunnhumby, Retail Link and/or EYC.
-Consistently communicate vertically and cross functionally to ensure internal and external customers’ needs are met effectively.
-Leverages leading-edge tools to quickly gain insight into assigned categories/retailers.
-In partnership with Sales, develops and then presents new items or shelving initiatives.
-Fosters relationships with non-traditional points of contact within the customer (i.e. Category
Management, Space Management and Shopper Insights/Loyalty departments).
-Provides guidance and conducts training to customer teams to broaden their understanding of the
shopper, consumer and retailer.
- 3-5 years analytical experience.
- 3-5 years experience with one or all of the following:
- Retailer specific data (dunnhumby, EYC, Red Card, WAG, CVS ExtraCare)
- Retailer POS Data - Retail Link and/or Info Retriever/Partners On Line
- Ability to utilize disparate data/resources to tell a compelling story
- 2+ years experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
- 1+ years experience with Plan-o-gram (Apollo, Spaceman)
- Category Management experience required
Skills & Knowledge
- Proficient computer skills; including extensive, advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills (Proficient in syndicated data AC Nielsen and/or IRI)
- Proficient in Category Management templates ( inputs and explanations)
- Project leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Travel ranging from 40% to 60% required