PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU HAVE ATLEAST 1 YEAR OF UTILITY LOCATING EXPERIENCE!
Looking for RESPONSIBLE, DEPENDABLE, HIGHLY MOTIVATED & INTUITIVE individuals for full-time (40-60 hours per week) Oil/Gas Utility Locator positions in North Dakota. Must have, at minimum, 1 year of verifiable locating experience (will receive training on Company Protocols/Procedures and job specific duties). Includes some required weekend work. Must have reliable transportation and no other responsibilities to attend to!
Pre-employment & random drug testing is mandatory. Very low cost housing provided along with FRC uniforms and training! Pay is $18-$22 DOE with excellent benefits after 90 days. Vacation time after one year. Raises based on performance!
Job Duties (including but not limited to):
- Respond to locate requests within ND legal time limit
- Schedule and monitor line crossings/excavations to ensure integrity of utilities is kept
- Complete required paperwork for locates and line crossings/excavations
- Report any/all ND One-Call violations to Supervisor
- Document and educate third party contractors in violation of ND One Call Law
- Perform all tasks pertaining to line crossing: determine crossing location by referencing maps, contact excavating contractor to review crossing; use line locator to locate line, probe and stake line, monitor/inspect (oversee) actual line crossing and complete crossing report
- Take appropriate measures (e.g. awareness follow up procedures/cease digging) to ensure the integrity of the pipeline during abnormal right-of-way conditions (any excavation near the line) and follow up with Supervisor
- Perform all tasks pertaining to pipeline repair, pipeline integrity and line crossings/excavations using appropriate Company procedures
- Complete required OSHA Training and Operator Qualifications on all required covered tasks prior to performing work independently and oversee those not qualified when required
- Monitor/inspect (oversee) hydro-vac exposure of utilities, when required
- Ensure ROW signage/markings meet Company requirements
- Receive and respond to ND Emergency One Call Tickets as quickly as possible
- Resolve conflicts, questions or concerns that arise through the ND One Call System
- Respond to questions excavators might have during and prior to excavation
- Participate in excavation incident and line strike investigations
- Assist with implementation of corrective actions from investigations
- Enforce Company's excavation and one call policy, including stopping work if an excavator does not meet all requirements
- Assist with training on line locating and new programs for new employees and contractors
- Maintain (clean/inspect) company vehicle, equipment and housing
- Perform any additional tasks as requested by Supervisor
Qualifications / Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic understanding and use of computers
- Valid driver’s license and Social Security Card
- Effective at coordinating job details with others (multitasking)
- Good communications and people skills
- Knowledge of pipeline systems and safety
- Must be organized with an attention to detail
DO NOT reply to this ad with your resume. You MUST go to www.linefinders.com and fill out an application in order to be considered for the position. Click on the Careers tab and then click on the Click to Apply button. Please do not forget to include a color copy of your driver's license as a full background check is required prior to consideration for the position.