Lineage Logistics

Lineage Logistics Employer Reviews

I enjoy working with others as a team
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee), RIVERSIDE. CALIFJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: take a thirty minutes for lunch
Cons: im good with having to take short breaks just to get the job done.
I have 20years experience in a warehouse and get along with others i believe safety is first in the warehouse and been driving forklift's for 13years and can get the job done on a time limit.
Lots of work
Cold Storage Warehouseman (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJanuary 18, 2015
There is a lot of work at lineage. Constant running to fill orders.
job sucks
warehouse cold (Current Employee), gccJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: monthly barbecue, great health insurance, awesome human resources department
Cons: long hours, no were to move up in, your on call always and if you can't make it in the manager's hold it against you, no weekends off or holidays
They use any excuse not to give you a raise the raises suck you work weekends and holidays,it doesn't matter how hard you work they move up there favorites and there's rarely and advancement no place to move up,bonuses are only $50 a month awesome human resources department,long miserable hours this job is only for single people that don't care about there future or moving up or getting paid good money,you'll see more of your family by being a truck driver and atleast get paid better money for it. ..I bin working here 3 years and I only make $10.90 and they start you st $10
Not a good place to work!
Warehouse (Current Employee), Lift OperatorDecember 19, 2014
Pros: it's a job!
Cons: unsafe conditions
The pay wages are super low for the conditions we work in. Some people are 10+ years in the company and only make $9.00 an hr. Management is lacking and HR plainly sucks. Salary doesn't care about hourly. They try and keep you under 40 hrs even though you make $9.00 or less an hour! You life is in jeopardy anytime you clock in with broke dock doors and partially working equipment.
Great place to grow with a company.
SHIPPING LEAD (Former Employee), fontana,caNovember 24, 2014
Pros: monthly bonuses, benefits, employee appreciation lunches
Cons: worked 14+ hours a day
Working at Lineage was great, the company offered wonderful benefits and kept a friendly working environment. Being a shipping lead for 3 years taught me communication and how to build great working relationship with others. Running shipping also taught me to be organized and to always double and triple check your work. There were many stressful days being shipping at Lineage but it only taught me how to be more prepared when faced with those certain situations the next time around. I really enjoyed learning the many systems Lineage used and how to control manpower and make any necessary changes throughout the day.
More employee appreciation would have been nice.
Customer Service Representative/Receptionist (Current Employee), Coppell, TexasNovember 18, 2014
Pros: we could eat lunch at our desks, but it was normally while we were working through our lunches.
Cons: no breaks, no company functions, no bonues, minimal wage increase.
I would like to work for a company that offered advancement and more incentives.
Great Management
Supervisor (Current Employee), Attalla, ALNovember 9, 2014
Learned more about cold storage. Its a fun environment to work in.
No time for playing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Unadilla, GA 31091October 16, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch break
Cons: management
I enjoyed my job there and my co-workers. Management is lacking from him, he sees thing black or white, life has a little gray from time to time. He thinks he has all the answers, doesn't have the intelligence to ask, he would rather assume.
stay away!
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Attalla, ALOctober 16, 2014
Pros: decent pay- cookouts- decent benefits
Cons: few make it long enough to get the benefits not fast enough or have problems then you get in trouble, extremely cold
I worked there for 2 months and got let go on probationary release because I didn't run around on the forklift like a mad man. if you can't keep with their crazy high output productivity numbers then you will be out the door quick!! They only keep the ones that they like or but kissers. Head man holds a grudge for years too in my opinion.
looking to further my career in a more positive and pleasant atmosphere
SHIPPING LEAD (Current Employee), Tarheel, NCOctober 7, 2014
The work itself is not hard, and enjoyable. It is the culture that is unpleasant, and Nepotism is thriving. My typical day consist of checking inventory accuracy, filling orders, and making sure orders are shipping out on time and meets the customer's demands.
Over worked
Picker (Current Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: steady work.
Cons: constantly working, no life at all.
Shift is 4 days 10 hours which is fine. Once hired you work 5 days14 to 15 hours every day. I mean every single day. No holidays except Christmas day. Employees are rude. Management plays favorites. Written up every time you fall under a 100%. I go in at 4am and still can't get out early enough to take care of personal business.
Great Job
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Edwardsvill KSSeptember 18, 2014
Safety was a number one priority at this job. Great team members made the work atmosphere pleasant.
A great workplace with good people.
Lead Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee), McDonough, GASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: lots of favoritism.
A typical day at work depends on how busy we are. It could be hectic or a breeze depending on the composure and leadership of the manager.
hard
Receiving Lead (Current Employee), Tarheel, NCAugust 29, 2014
Money is not any good and they try to keep you under 40 hours. Hard work lots of things you have to put up with they will never be happy with your work.
over worked constanly sore
dock worker (Former Employee), SmithfieldAugust 13, 2014
Pros: nice holiday bonus nice benefits
Cons: everything
Equipment at Smithfield location is trash. Facility is basically falling apart from all the damage. People stealing product on regular basis. No organization when it came to shifts. 2 shifts working at once at times meaning lack of.equipment. blast team aka box throwers suppose to be rotated out but never are. Always threatening with write ups or loss of saftey bonus. Unsafe working conditions. Dirty facility with usda shipping shut downs due to uncleanlyness. Run away as fast as possible
its a fast pace environment, never a dull moment
Shipping Manager (Current Employee), Riverside, Ca.August 12, 2014
check and respond to emails.
assign employees to their daily function.
conduct daily start up with the shipping team.
ensure employees are working and following operational and safety procedures.
prepare and email end of the night reports.
Awesome co workers, nice facilities
Warehousemen (Current Employee), RiversideJuly 17, 2014
Pros: job security, equipment, co workers.
Cons: basically minumum wage.
Been here a few weeks now. This is a cooler/freezer storage warehouse!

They really go the distance in training you and making sure you understand that SAFETY is number one. It is really emphasis to everyone, BE SAFE, every day.
So far, this is the best group of co workers I've been with. I can't speak for the other facilities, there are about 5 or 6 other facilities in the Riverside area. Everything is computerized and the machines work great.

Typical day,
clock in,
stretch out and check the machines out(Raymond brand),
log into on-board forklift computer system and either start pulling orders, ship orders out, receive freight, or stack freight into the racking system. Simple. There isn't anything complicated about it.

You will work A TON of overtime. Like 11+ hours a day. Sometimes 6 days a week. Plus you really can't choose what shift to have. It's a 24/7 company.

The only bad thing I can say is that the starting pay is really poor for how much one is asked to do.
10/hr...this company should be embarrassed that they offer such low pay. In California, this is basically minimum wage(9/hr). The only good thing about the compensation is that they match your 401k and 100% paid medical/dental if only for yourself. Plus 7 day vacation first year. And incentive pay. But not for forklift drivers, only for order selectors. Monthly bbq and additional company bonus check every month depend on how the company is doing.
Good benefits, not-so-good pay
Warehouseman (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: monthly bbqs, good benefits, overtime (if you're into that)
Cons: high turn over rate, strict and arbitrary policies.
They work 4/10 and 3/11 shifts here (as opposed to a typical 5/8 schedule) and night shift pays and extra .75 an hr. This company does pay for your medical and dental, and adding dependents doesn't cost too much more. But they start you off at $10 no matter what department (Security starts at $12). Yearly raises are decent for the first 3 years if they like you. Overtime is mandated here so you won't always get your three days off. Safety program is strict (they'll send you home for bumping into anything while on equipment). They have employee appreciation BBQs once a month, and they do have monthly performance bonuses that equate to about 5 hours worth of pay. Management is friendly, but like any place, some aren't. And everyone gets write ups. Everyone. Don't feel bad if you get written up within your probation, a lot of people do here. They're also known to put people straight to a final warning depending on how badly they feel you messed up so be careful! This has a lot to do with why they have a high turn over rate. Also, they take insubordination very very seriously, so never say no! And I mean never! This is a decent place to work, but if you can get something that pays better, do that!
Short-staffed
Reach Forklift Operator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 13, 2014
Pros: catered lunches (3-4 months), $1 for $1 401k, $250 christmas bonus
Cons: everything else
Typical Day/Management:
Every day started with a meeting at 4pm, where the night manager and the Operations manager would begin by threatening everyone for a write up/termination if they fail to do "this or that", and "if we didn't like it, we could go up the street". Then they proceeded to explain what our schedule was, i.e "x amount of inbound/outbound trucks and x amount of trains to unload, x amount of orders to pull".

What I learned:
Before this company I had never worked in a warehouse environment, but my dad is a chief engineer, so I've been to a few plants that he used to run in California. I moved up very quickly in this company, starting from basic sit-down forklift -> sit-down/stand-up clamp machine/s -> sit-down/stand-up slip machine/s -> stand-up reach forklift (putting away inbound trucks/trains, pulling orders, etc.)

My co-workers/Management:
Many lacked the desire to do their share so the few "seasoned" lift operators had to pick up the slack on a daily basis. We had 13 people at night, they fell back to about 8, because seasoned people were leaving and newer people didn't want to do the job. Only 2 other guys and myself were picking up the slack of the entire warehouse and we're denied any kind of pay increase ($12.30 for me - the least of the three of us) and management always made a big deal if we wanted to use a day or two of well-earned vacation time with weeks notice in advance. Our day shift co-workers never plugged up the lifts (we had to share), never FIFO'd product correctly, and never got in trouble for it (but we would).

Hardest Part:
Maintaining a happy/carefree attitude in the work place so we didn't bring down morale.

Most Enjoyable Part:
Using a day or two of vacation here and there.
Productive and wonderful co-workers.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fontana, CAApril 1, 2014
Pros: monthly bonuses, yearly dock parties and holiday luncheons
Cons: n/a
My co-workers treat each other like family and are always available to help each other out.