Linear Technology Employee Reviews

old boys school in stone age
Marketing Communications Program Lead (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 9, 2017
With ADI acquiring Linear, hope there will be a huge change in the organization.
LT is notoriously known for its resistance to changes.
Your new ideas are not encouraged as long as managers can keep their job security.

I won't recommend the company.
Pros
work and personal life balance is somewhat kept.
Cons
Negative, old school and POOR management
Empowered to make decisions, excellent compensation
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colchester, VTDecember 27, 2016
- Management empowers employees to make decisions quickly and with confidence.
- Excellent compensation including profit sharing and RSUs.
- Lean organization means project teams are small, so I am responsible for all aspects of the software lifecycle. As a result, many opportunities to learn new skills.
- Intelligent, capable co-workers.
great place to work at
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 9, 2016
i loved working here, really good benefits like insurance, profit sharing and much more, loved the enviroment and coworkers, only reason i left the place was because i had to move states due to family situation.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
none.
Opinions
5S/Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 26, 2016
I work with all departments on campus. I train in all departments in 5S and company policy, I coach, do hands, new orientation, and assist where training is needed. I complete audits all month long to ensure we are complying to 5S standards. I have learned how to work along side others as a whole to identify and complete task.

I get along with all my co-workers, I feel I can go to management when I need assistance or guidance with any subject.

I don't have a hard time with my job. The most enjoyable part is training someone on something they are not educated in and watching them use the tools to get to where they need to be.
Pros
Profit Sharing
A good and stable place to work
Quality Assurance Technician/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Camas, WASeptember 18, 2016
Linear Technology is an outstanding company to work for. The majority of employees have been there 10 years or longer and they all like the workplace environment. The benefits package is very competitive.
Great Work Environment
Signal Conditioning Design Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 21, 2016
Great company to work for. I met a lot of great and willing to help engineers. Everyone seemed happy to work together. I learned how to work in a professional setting and management was great too. I met a lot of people willing to mentor me.
A good place
QA Inspector (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 10, 2016
It's not a bad place to work. Depending on what department you're in reflect how well your stay will be. They are fair just follow the rules but when cuts need to be made expect to be laid off.
Pros
The company
Cons
Job security
Good place to learn but not grow
Lead Designer/Manager (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 30, 2015
Great technical people, Good products, Very profitable, One of the best companies to work for, Great compensation.

Static product lines, Fiefdoms that limit creativity, Do what you are told mindset.
Team Oriented Environment
Post Closing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, RINovember 11, 2015
Linear is great at having a team oriented environment. Since my first day, my team helped me learn everything I would need to know about my position. They still continue to help me any time I need help or direction even though I am past the training period. I enjoy the hours and the atmosphere. It's a generally fun place to work while you can work hard and get a lot accomplished.
Pros
Fun coworkers, free lunches, great management
Stressful place to work
Failure Analysis Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 20, 2014
Lot of politics is played in the company, there is a disconnect in the superiors. The hardest part of the job is they don't respect you and your opinion.
Pros
Profit-sharing plan
Cons
healthcare
Good profit sharing
Wafer Fabrication Operator (Current Employee) –  Camas, WAMay 2, 2014
Job is very easy. Medical is very reasonable. Profit sharing is one of the best so far that I have work for. But raises are inconsistent and very low. Overall it's a good company to work for.
Boring Place To Work
Semi-conductor operator (Current Employee) –  Camas, WAApril 3, 2014
Linear Tech is by far the best semi conductor company you can work for offering amazing benefits. The downside, management NEVER fires or lets anyone go, no matter how bad they are. It is very frustrating to work with senior operators that have worked there for two decades that can't even manage a computer in a technology field. Hopefully the baby boomers will be leaving and offering new positions to new fresh faces. I think then this company would thrive!
Pros
Awesome benfits, great pay!
Cons
Tops out at $22/hr (operator) /Lack of authority
stable company
former employee (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMarch 11, 2014
Linear is a stable company. They are frugal though and a little behind with technology such as their phone system and customer sign in. I guess it depends on what department your in to determine the kind of management you get. My department management was lacking and they should have to take some kind of training to be a manager. Some of my coworkers were very petty also so I don't recommend the receptionist department. The company does offer profit sharing and sabbaticals every 5 years. Ive also met a lot of nice people. They have an onsite cafeteria as well. The daily environment is a little boring but if u want stability over culture its a good place.
Pros
profit sharing, sabbatical, benefits
Cons
poor management
Good job for people, who like to work in clean room
11Production Specialist, M/C Operator (Former Employee) –  Camas, WAJanuary 29, 2014
It is very busy, keep the time go by fast. I learn how to work fast and organize in the work area, otherwise it is a mess. Everyone are nice.
Pros
Good for full time employees
Cons
No good for temp employees
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Camas, WAJanuary 20, 2014
EXCELLENT Place to work all the way around from salary to PTO to benefits and management...this company truly cares about their employees.
Enjoyed working at Linear Technology
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 9, 2013
Great work place environment and excellent place to advance my career.
Worked in cleanroom doing all types of photo masking processes.
Senior Fab Operator (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 25, 2013
Run all steps of photomasking semiconductor wafer processes from etching to running the Lam Etchers. Baking and inspection. I've learned so much in this field and worked witht the best co-workers. Feeling good about what you do and How it is made for all electronics used out in the industry. The hardest part is suiting up in bunnysuits for cleanroom but did this for 26 years.
Pros
not stop production
Cons
love being a part of a great company
Summer Job
Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2013
Worked for my Cousin as he trained me and gave me a chance to be a good technician in the security systems business. Enjoyed it.
Pros
learning a new profession.
Cons
living on the road.
Linear Technology
System Administration (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 26, 2012
The company overall is a frugal company and the IT department is like the Jetsons met the Flinstones. I loved the IT team I worked with and built life long friendships. I learned that the task can be complete no matter the resources or limit of funding, My manager was awesome and laid out a professional development plan for me to succeed. I gave the company 2 stars for the way they handled the layoffs...it was a very unprofessional and humiliating.

The hardest part of the job was old technology and the rewarding part was working with great people on a daily basis.
Pros
the team enviroment, profit sharing and friendly employees
Cons
buying your own post its
Not bad, pay could bet better
Shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CANovember 10, 2012
Emloyees are real nice to work with, but the pay is not great although they do have profit sharing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Linear Technology. Our community is ready to answer.