Linear Technology Employee Reviews

I had a good great review for 20 years
Senior PCB Designer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CANovember 7, 2017
i have a great years with Linear Tech(Analog device). A typical day in linear is very competitive the engineers are very smart adn does not panic in handling evryday problems of the designs, I don,t know since a new management took over.
Pros
Cons
It took the manegement a long time to weed out dead beats.
recently bought out
Acid Etch Fab Operator (Former Employee) –  Camas, WASeptember 26, 2017
they were recently bought out so I can't give a good review of the current situation. when I worked there they were using outdated, manually operated acid baths.
Pros
profit share (at the time)
Cons
outdated equipment
great place to work
SR. MARCOM PRODUCTION PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 14, 2017
Good managers, great employees and benefits, working environment is good. the pay rate is not bad and job security is good considering its hard to find a job in the bay area now.
Pros
good food
Cons
not enought overtime is given
Good Place
Test Technician V (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 31, 2017
Good place to work, laid back, lots of vacation time, really good benefits, good bonuses, has a family vibe to it in the smaller design centers, smart people to work with and alongside
Great people
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 30, 2017
New management brought in that doesn't consider full impact of changes. Fluctuating amount business. Extremely busy one week and nothing to do the next. Owner is a great man and cares deeply for all of his employees. Great people to work with.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Work not steady
Stressful and not fun to work with.
Wafer Fab Operator (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 28, 2017
Poor and unprofessional fab manager and supervisors. Not enough time off for operators to rest. Overtime work are mandatory most of the time. Company that favors peers not performance.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
Favoritism and unfair treatment
Was a Stressful work environment
Fab Operator (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 4, 2017
Although It was an Easy Job it was Also a very stressful Environment. A lot of unnecessary gossip which Sometimes Interfered with Work and caused a lot of unnecessary drama.
Positive experience wonderful co-workers
Administration (Former Employee) –  Camas, WAMarch 29, 2017
Linear was an overall positive experience; absolutely wonderful co-workers.Salary was competitive and they used to have a very generous profit sharing program.
Implementation of New Product
New Products Tech 4. (Former Employee) –  Camas, WAMarch 21, 2017
Responsible for new product production and ensuring each step was preformed correctly thru the production process. Worked with all production shifts to communicate where each lot was at the end of the day.
Pros
Everyone is a team player, great profit sharing
Cons
I didn't have any
Very relaxed productive work environment
Help Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2017
A typical day at Linear Tech would be a relaxed day,We dont go too crazy on computer setups, but we always get the job done.

Skills that I have learned at this job was how to work with my peers, working as a group to get projects in buildings done so the employers/ clients are happy in a timely matter.

There is no hardest part of the job, because anything can be the hardest part of the job, depending how you perceive the situations.

The most enjoyable part of my job is, We are able to work at our own pace, if theres issues we can easily speak to the boss/ team lead because she is always on site, and he pay is well which includes lunch and paid for lunch.
Pros
Free lunch, Good amount of break time, Easy going, Hard workers
Cons
Depending on the person who hires the company
Excellent work environment, All elements available to succeed
Senior Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 26, 2017
Excellent work environment with good opportunity for technical
growth. Strong supporting management with ability to plan and
execute well. Very supportive of employees and encourage
collaboration at all levels. Moving up in management may be
challenging due to size. However, all other aspects make
this an exceptional place to work.
Pros
Great management, Excellent technical growth opportunity, with collaboration and tools needed to succeed
Cons
If looking for management level position, may not be so easy.
old boys school in stone age
Marketing Communications Program Lead (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 9, 2017
With ADI acquiring Linear, hope there will be a huge change in the organization.
LT is notoriously known for its resistance to changes.
Your new ideas are not encouraged as long as managers can keep their job security.

I won't recommend the company.
Pros
work and personal life balance is somewhat kept.
Cons
Negative, old school and POOR management
Empowered to make decisions, excellent compensation
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colchester, VTDecember 27, 2016
- Management empowers employees to make decisions quickly and with confidence.
- Excellent compensation including profit sharing and RSUs.
- Lean organization means project teams are small, so I am responsible for all aspects of the software lifecycle. As a result, many opportunities to learn new skills.
- Intelligent, capable co-workers.
great place to work at
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 9, 2016
i loved working here, really good benefits like insurance, profit sharing and much more, loved the enviroment and coworkers, only reason i left the place was because i had to move states due to family situation.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
none.
Opinions
5S/Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 26, 2016
I work with all departments on campus. I train in all departments in 5S and company policy, I coach, do hands, new orientation, and assist where training is needed. I complete audits all month long to ensure we are complying to 5S standards. I have learned how to work along side others as a whole to identify and complete task.

I get along with all my co-workers, I feel I can go to management when I need assistance or guidance with any subject.

I don't have a hard time with my job. The most enjoyable part is training someone on something they are not educated in and watching them use the tools to get to where they need to be.
Pros
Profit Sharing
A good and stable place to work
Quality Assurance Technician/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Camas, WASeptember 18, 2016
Linear Technology is an outstanding company to work for. The majority of employees have been there 10 years or longer and they all like the workplace environment. The benefits package is very competitive.
Productive and Fun enviroment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  259 west 30 street New YorkSeptember 15, 2016
support and respect all employees , train and motivate employees in order to improve and give more.

flexible with the working hours.
monthly employment review
Its fun to work because people are friendly
Manufacturing Fabrication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beverton Oregon.June 24, 2016
Linear is a very high tech and organized company.I learned the importance and help full of 5s system. The management is always
on top of the process. My co workers are very helpfull and fun
to work with. The hardest part of the job is staying awake because my schedule are grave yard shift.
Great Work Environment
Signal Conditioning Design Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 21, 2016
Great company to work for. I met a lot of great and willing to help engineers. Everyone seemed happy to work together. I learned how to work in a professional setting and management was great too. I met a lot of people willing to mentor me.
Productive work days that keep you busy threw out the day
Data Communications Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2016
A typical day at linear tech consists of pulling cables to the assigned locations.Since working at linear I've learned how to read floor plans that lay out where av and data cables are located threw out the job site. The management in the shortest description they are absolutely awesome. The hardest part of the job i my opinion would be learning the terminology and having to improvise on the fly which you may have to do a lot. I enjoy the hands on training you get working at linear the co-worker are very close nit and the are very good teachers.
Pros
Some early days
Cons
health care