Linear Technology

Linear Technology Employer Reviews

Good profit sharing
Wafer Fabrication Operator (Current Employee), Camas, WAMay 2, 2014
Job is very easy. Medical is very reasonable. Profit sharing is one of the best so far that I have work for. But raises are inconsistent and very low. Overall it's a good company to work for.
Good profit sharing
Wafer Fabrication Operator (Current Employee), Camas, WAMay 2, 2014
Boring Place To Work
Semi-conductor operator (Current Employee), Camas, WAApril 3, 2014
Pros: awesome benfits, great pay!
Cons: tops out at $22/hr (operator) /lack of authority
Linear Tech is by far the best semi conductor company you can work for offering amazing benefits. The downside, management NEVER fires or lets anyone go, no matter how bad they are. It is very frustrating to work with senior operators that have worked there for two decades that can't even manage a computer in a technology field. Hopefully the baby boomers – more... will be leaving and offering new positions to new fresh faces. I think then this company would thrive! – less
stable company
former employee (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, sabbatical, benefits
Cons: poor management
Linear is a stable company. They are frugal though and a little behind with technology such as their phone system and customer sign in. I guess it depends on what department your in to determine the kind of management you get. My department management was lacking and they should have to take some kind of training to be a manager. Some of my coworkers – more... were very petty also so I don't recommend the receptionist department. The company does offer profit sharing and sabbaticals every 5 years. Ive also met a lot of nice people. They have an onsite cafeteria as well. The daily environment is a little boring but if u want stability over culture its a good place. – less
Good job for people, who like to work in clean room
11Production Specialist, M/C Operator (Former Employee), Camas, WAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: good for full time employees
Cons: no good for temp employees
It is very busy, keep the time go by fast. I learn how to work fast and organize in the work area, otherwise it is a mess. Everyone are nice.
Senior Technician (Former Employee), Camas, WAJanuary 20, 2014
EXCELLENT Place to work all the way around from salary to PTO to benefits and management...this company truly cares about their employees.
Enjoyed working at Linear Technology
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAJune 9, 2013
Great work place environment and excellent place to advance my career.
Worked in cleanroom doing all types of photo masking processes.
Senior Fab Operator (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: not stop production
Cons: love being a part of a great company
Run all steps of photomasking semiconductor wafer processes from etching to running the Lam Etchers. Baking and inspection. I've learned so much in this field and worked witht the best co-workers. Feeling good about what you do and How it is made for all electronics used out in the industry. The hardest part is suiting up in bunnysuits for cleanroom – more... but did this for 26 years. – less
Summer Job
Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: learning a new profession.
Cons: living on the road.
Worked for my Cousin as he trained me and gave me a chance to be a good technician in the security systems business. Enjoyed it.
Linear Technology
System Administration (Former Employee), Milpitas, CADecember 26, 2012
Pros: the team enviroment, profit sharing and friendly employees
Cons: buying your own post its
The company overall is a frugal company and the IT department is like the Jetsons met the Flinstones. I loved the IT team I worked with and built life long friendships. I learned that the task can be complete no matter the resources or limit of funding, My manager was awesome and laid out a professional development plan for me to succeed. I gave the – more... company 2 stars for the way they handled the layoffs...it was a very unprofessional and humiliating.

The hardest part of the job was old technology and the rewarding part was working with great people on a daily basis. – less
Not bad, pay could bet better
Shipping clerk (Former Employee), Milpitas, CANovember 10, 2012
Emloyees are real nice to work with, but the pay is not great although they do have profit sharing
Dedicated, hardworking coworkers.
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee), Camas, WashingtonNovember 8, 2012
Pros: good people to work with.
Cons: low pay and a poor senior management team.
Process engineering work is very challenging but most of the challenges are do to process tools that lack capability and managements desire to save money by not purchasing equipment or spare parts to make the process capable. Some of the tools are 20 years old in many cases. My fellow process engineers and equipment engineers worked very hard and are – more... of the highest quality both as technical people and people who are the kind of people you would enjoy working with. I came with a lot of experience in a more advanced environment so I can't say that I learned much.
The management team beyond the 1st level managers are not terribly qualified. I did not see much in the way of a vision for improving product quality or manufacturability. Every new device has it's own recipe created without regard to fitting into other processes which would streamline manufacturing. The section heads which are the 1st level of management are solid but don't always support each other sufficiently. – less
Treats employees well
Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee), Camas, WAAugust 21, 2012
Pros: profit share bonus
Cons: i prefer compressed shifts
Linear has long been known as one of THE places to work in the semiconductor industry within the Portland/Vancouver metro area, as indicated by the low employee turnover rate.

My experience was no different. My compensation was well above average, including generous profit share bonuses. I was also treated with respect and acceptance by the able management – more... team and also by co-workers.

My decision to leave had nothing to do with Linear, whatsoever. – less
Good company to work for if you are looking for a good compensation.
Sr. Product Engineer (Current Employee), Milpitas, CAMarch 22, 2012
Pros: good place to learn, excellent profit sharing and good benefits.
Cons: you will work much harder than most other places, transferring between product lines is discouraged.
Good place to learn. Some of the top people in the industry work at Linear. Excellent profit sharing and good benefits. Ever 5 years employees get a sabbatical.