LINEBARGER GOGGAN BLAIR & SAMPSON, LLP

LINEBARGER GOGGAN BLAIR & SAMPSON, LLP Employer Reviews

Great
SENIOR LEGAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Denver, CoJuly 24, 2013
Account Management, Collections of Different of Portfolios to include Government Accounts, Exceeded Monthly Goals, Named top office collector numerous
Fun place to work
I.T. Research/Collections (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 8, 2013
Pros: free office wide celebrations
Cons: traffic (downtown dallas)
If you are a lawyer or paralegal this was a great place to work. All other supporting positions also benefited from working here. Great environment to receive recognition for major efforts.

I got to interact with people through collections and utilize oracle driven applications to perform research or troubleshoot accounts.
Chicago Office-Horrible place to work.
General (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: the two fifteen minute breaks (which are monitored to the second).
Cons: treat employees like dogs.
Management Incompetent.

Made up of relics that would never be hired any where else in the state. They barely know what a computer is.

Management does not understand that happy employees are the key to a successful business.

View employees as replaceable objects.

Morale extremely poor. Instead of raises, management throws free food at employees every – more... now and then and then they watch to see which employees took the most food so that it can be discussed behind closed doors.

Every one at the Chicago office does the bare minimum as a result.

. – less
Horrible company!
Consumer that was taken advantage of (Former Employee), USAJanuary 30, 2013
I received a letter around October 2012 stating that I had 3 outstanding invoices with the Harris County Toll Road Authority from 2005 and 2008. I was unaware of the invoices and was not pleased with their demand to pay $240.50. I set up weekly payments of $10 and one additional payment of $150 in order to pay the full balance they stated was owed. – more... My final $10 payment was sent on January 4, 2013 and I was assessed a $200 fine sometime after January 14, 2013. I did miscalculate my payments and sent them $240 instead of $240.50. I called the office and was told that because I still owed the $0.50 that the $200 fine stood.

This is ridiculous. I honestly believed that I would call in to the office and a reasonable person would agree that the $0.50 was obviously an oversight and remove the $200 fees. Boy was I wrong! I was transferred, placed on hold numerous times in excess of 10 minutes, yelled at, hung up on, and interrupted. I am disgusted with the behavior of the employees. I am a Christian, a tax paying citizen, and an overall good person. I absolutely do not deserve to be treated so poorly over toll road violations and a simple accounting error.

The total of the actual tolls were $14.25. I have paid $225.75 in fines. I cannot stomach that anyone would agree an additional $200 is warranted. I WILL have paid nearly THIRTY TIMES THE TOLL CHARGES if forced to pay the additional $200. This is just not right and no one at the law firm can justify that it is. The way I was treated demonstrates that this is simply a game to them and they take pleasure in assessing outrageous fees and threatening to stop my vehicles from being registered – less
I'm not a fan of the chicago branch of the company
Legal Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2012
I can not say anything nice about management they seem to have gone out of their way to make people feel unwelcome.
I loved this position.
Client Services Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: freedom to succeed
LGBS is a fabulous place to work. I was given the opportunity to mold a new position in a way that made sense to me while producing reports/presentations to our clients. I pulled the data, totaled it, put it in report form and bound in time for each clients deadline. All done without the day to day supervision of management. I had the guidelines before – more... me and the freedom to accomplish my tasks as I saw fit. I was a member of the management team.
Our only reason for leaving was to bring our then young son home to Illinois to be close to other family. – less
A great place to start, but no growth unless you have law degree
Bankruptcy Docket Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 16, 2012
My manager was great to work with. Just about everyone in the department got along great. There was nothing too hard about the job as long as you paid attention and took plenty of notes. The firms motto was, "We work hard, and we play hard". My overall experience at this firm was pretty good and one to remember forever.
Productive and challanging experience
Commercial Collections (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 11, 2012
Pros: free coffee, and hours where great
Cons: contact was not renewed.
I enjoyed the negotiating experience I obtained at Linebarger. Learned federal law conserning owing the us treasury. Enjoyed the experince staff, and management was very deligent on how they handled the contract.