Linklaters Employee Reviews

Fantastic experience at top institution
work experience and attended seminars (Former Employee), LondonJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Free insight to top quality institution
Cons: prolonged hours
Linklaters, was a fantastic institution to experience. The organisation was hugely professional and it demonstrated the importance of communication and persuasive skills in order to be successful at that job, but also with what other jobs may require.
Busy and Sociable work environment
Online Content Team Support Assistant (Current Employee), Barbican, ENGApril 6, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Long Hours
A typical day at Linklaters for me was to attend live meetings, conference calls, events with other companies and amend broken links for the companies internal website. I have been placed there as part – more... of my course, to work with the online content team as a trainee.

I have learned many skills, such as IT skills, basic administration skills and social skills. The attributes I already posses are the IT skills, however working with the online content team has helped me develop these skills as I have learnt how to work with new software's, such as Microsoft excel.

The management at Linklaters, is well structured as everything is set in its place, meaning that each department deals with different areas that brings the business together. Although, it is a Law firm it also has various other departments within the building, which is not only based around the Law firm but other activities too.

The very first day I had been put with the OCT (Online Content Team), I was welcomed into a friendly atmosphere full of people who were willing to help me and make me feel comfortable in the work enviroment. My office has four people in one room, which is useful as the less people there are it is more easier to concentrate. It is not always completely quiet but during busy schedules everyone is business with the tasks they are given.

The hardest part of this job role was finding myself around the building, as it is a huge building that has two entrances. However, after a few weeks I managed to find myself around the building and get to all my meetings on time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was going to the events that are usually held by the Linklaters company itself and sometimes by other companies. The reason I enjoyed this is become it helped me to become confident and comfortable with speaking to new people. – less
It was only a temping job
Legal Support Administrator (Former Employee), londonSeptember 29, 2014
This was a temping role so no much to says but nice fancy offices huge law firm.
Terrible place to work.
Cleaners (Former Employee), South eastApril 3, 2014
Cons: staff bickering and bad behaviour.
I think its good you have decided to employ Managers under the name of Problem Managers as this company has lots of problems. Mainly due to the incompetant Managers and cleaners they employ. Cleaners attitudes – more... and supervisors need to be monitored. Especially in your South East Medway, Gravesend areas. Time cleaners work needs to be monitored as they are doing what hours they feel like,and leaving work when they feel like it. Cleaning Supervisors need to be more experienced and not to be allowed to carry on when they have undergone a period of suspension, as i know one person has been. Appraisals would be a good idea for all staff to stop work quality slipping. More attention needs to be paid to these areas. Make Iss a happier company to work for and im sure it will go far. – less
Large Law firm with a lot of opportunities
Cashiers Assistant (Former Employee), London, UKJanuary 21, 2014
As a Cashiers Assistant my day would start by reconciling our bank accounts to make sure the books balance with the bank. Throughout the day I would make sure all payment requests went through as requested – more... and deal with any client/office account queries that may occur.

This was my first role with an insight into finance so I learnt how to deal with high value payments, different types of software and working closely with all hierarchy of staff.

I worked with 3 other colleagues in this role and within my time there we had 2 new members of staff. This resulted in me sharing my knowledge and training the new members even though I had not been in the role too long myself. I built a good relationship with all my colleagues as it was important to all work closely and communicate when we had large payments to process. I also built a good rapport with my supervisor and manager especially when it was time to complete the main yearly audit of which I was the main contact for our auditors and their queries. I would then report back to my supervisor/manager with the conclusions and questions that I may have.

The hardest part of the job was when the solicitors were under a lot of pressure to complete on a deal which would then be passed onto us. We always tried to put the fee earner and ease and our regular clients would have full confidence that we would get the job done.

I enjoyed many parts of this job but one that stands out is completing the yearly audit with minimal breaches. – less
productive workplace
paralegal (Former Employee), LondonJuly 12, 2012
Review documents. I learned new IT skills and i met good collegues. The hardest part of job was understand properly english language.
Linklaters
Assistante de direction (Current Employee), Paris, A8June 5, 2014
Secrétariat classique (agenda, courriers, mails, téléphone, archivage, classement, organisation et gestion des voyages et notes de frais)
pdf : mise en page de tout type de documents (réduction taille, – more... ajout, suppression) avec logiciel adobe acrobat standard
word : lettres, documents, étiquettes, graphiques, reformatage, mark up anglais français
excel : graphiques, tableau croisé dynamique
powerpoint : schéma, graphique, création de bibles
Client book : gestion des contacts, conférences téléphoniques
NIM : gestion des ouverture/fermeture de matter, accès matter, factures, gestion des relevés d’heures – less
Avis linklaters
Paralegal Assistant juridique bilingue (Former Employee), Paris,April 23, 2014
Bonne expérience dans un environnement multiculturel et dynamique