Linklaters Employee Reviews

Very Challenging yet very productive in Learning
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  LondonFebruary 11, 2017
Linklaters was our client; I got an opportunity to work at their head office in London for close to 3 months, the work was very fast paced, lots of challenges, worked for many late hours. Some of the work can get very hectic, however very supportive management.
Pros
Great amenities, Great place to work, Rewarding
Cons
Long hours, Challenging, Fast Paced
Productive and good place to work
Service Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  LondonOctober 20, 2016
Busy working environment dealing with day to day needs of a thriving legal practice. Meeting a diverse range of people from both the legal practice and business services
Each day comes with new challenges and experiences. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and felt honoured to work in such privilege institution.
Legal Work Experience (Former Employee) –  BangkokSeptember 27, 2016
My two months at Linklaters have given me an insight of what it is really like to be a lawyer. I was very impressed with how the firm operates since my very first day at work. In the orientation I was introduced to the life inside the law firm and was most compelled by the close connection between the offices and the strong relationship the firm has with the clients. I admired the commitment the lawyers had to the firm, their work ethics and their spirit to tackle any challenging work. It did not take long before I was certain this is the lifestyle and culture I wanted to commit myself to.
Each day comes with new challenges and opportunities to engage with different areas of law and nature of work. The work I do ranges from drafting the contract to reviewing documents. With my bilingual skills, I also did a fair bit of translating and ensuring that the translated document carried the same message as the original version and that it made ‘legal sense.’ An area where I discovered myself to be enjoying most was drafting and negotiating the contract. I took a different approach in engaging the law at practical level as I did in the University. It is the motivation to impress the marker and the urge to help and protect the client which distinguishes the approach. For the former, I made sure I was attentive to every words and clauses to ensure that our client will not be jeopardise in any way. Moreover, I enjoyed helping the lawyers with their research and always find the information found to be highly compelling and valuable. A lot of my tasks involves looking through a pile of
  more... paper work to identify or clarify some specific matter. When it is not clearly stated, I had to analyse and interpret the text in a manner which may be of use to us.
Another thing I found to be highly privileged is the opportunity to work with so many amazing lawyers. I could not think of a better way to learn than learning from the expert in the practical field. They often forwarded me the emails they exchanged with the client when I have helped them with that project. I found this to be very useful and rewarding as I can see which part of my work is up to the standard and which part needs improvement and most importantly, how it is done. I also had the opportunity to participate in seminars and weekly lawyers’ lunch and was inspired by how the lawyers engaged and debate on each point of law.
Pros
highly privileged and rewarding
Cons
long working hours
Productive and enjoyable atmosphere
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  LondonMay 27, 2016
Staff are very friendly and approachable and everyday was a blast. I learnt how to create articles, how to work successfully in a business environment and how to work efficiently under deadlines.

I was managed by my supervisor who was incredibly helpful in showing me the ropes and guiding me when I got into a problem. She was very friendly, chatty and easy to get along with, very approachable. If I had a question, or I didn't understand something she wouldn't get frustrated or annoyed she'd repeat it again and help me to understand.

The co-workers were also very kind and friendly, they engaged with me in the office and where all exceptionally kind, I felt right at home.

The most enjoyable part of the job definitely has to be the work environment, everyone in the office were phenomenal and were very polite.
Pros
Hour lunches
Excellent time management (Former Employee) –  LondonFebruary 20, 2016
Eye opening: during my work experience I was made to repair broken links. Alongside that role I was given the task of organising 100 profiles within 2 hours and managed to do so within an hour. The experience enhanced both my team working and communication skills, it enabled me to work under pressure within a specific given time. It provided me with how to communicate with both workers and customers as I would attend meeting with colleagues.
Pros
Variety of lunches
Cons
Productive and fun workplace!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ENGJuly 20, 2015
This was my first work experience where I worked for a whole year. the tasks involved using a lot of ICT and going to meetings. This therefore allowed me to enhance my communication and ICT skills.
Pros
working in a perfessional environment
Cons
i only worked once a week so less working hours!
Fantastic experience at top institution
work experience and attended seminars (Former Employee) –  LondonJuly 6, 2015
Linklaters, was a fantastic institution to experience. The organisation was hugely professional and it demonstrated the importance of communication and persuasive skills in order to be successful at that job, but also with what other jobs may require.
Pros
Free insight to top quality institution
Cons
prolonged hours
Busy and Sociable work environment
Online Content Team Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barbican, ENGApril 6, 2015
A typical day at Linklaters for me was to attend live meetings, conference calls, events with other companies and amend broken links for the companies internal website. I have been placed there as part of my course, to work with the online content team as a trainee.

I have learned many skills, such as IT skills, basic administration skills and social skills. The attributes I already posses are the IT skills, however working with the online content team has helped me develop these skills as I have learnt how to work with new software's, such as Microsoft excel.

The management at Linklaters, is well structured as everything is set in its place, meaning that each department deals with different areas that brings the business together. Although, it is a Law firm it also has various other departments within the building, which is not only based around the Law firm but other activities too.

The very first day I had been put with the OCT (Online Content Team), I was welcomed into a friendly atmosphere full of people who were willing to help me and make me feel comfortable in the work enviroment. My office has four people in one room, which is useful as the less people there are it is more easier to concentrate. It is not always completely quiet but during busy schedules everyone is business with the tasks they are given.

The hardest part of this job role was finding myself around the building, as it is a huge building that has two entrances. However, after a few weeks I managed to find myself around the building and get to all my meetings on time.

The most enjoyable
  more... part of the job was going to the events that are usually held by the Linklaters company itself and sometimes by other companies. The reason I enjoyed this is become it helped me to become confident and comfortable with speaking to new people.  less
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
It was only a temping job
Legal Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  londonSeptember 29, 2014
This was a temping role so no much to says but nice fancy offices huge law firm.
Terrible place to work.
Cleaners (Former Employee) –  South eastApril 3, 2014
I think its good you have decided to employ Managers under the name of Problem Managers as this company has lots of problems. Mainly due to the incompetant Managers and cleaners they employ. Cleaners attitudes and supervisors need to be monitored. Especially in your South East Medway, Gravesend areas. Time cleaners work needs to be monitored as they are doing what hours they feel like,and leaving work when they feel like it. Cleaning Supervisors need to be more experienced and not to be allowed to carry on when they have undergone a period of suspension, as i know one person has been. Appraisals would be a good idea for all staff to stop work quality slipping. More attention needs to be paid to these areas. Make Iss a happier company to work for and im sure it will go far.
Pros
Cons
Staff Bickering and bad behaviour.
Large Law firm with a lot of opportunities
Cashiers Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, UKJanuary 21, 2014
As a Cashiers Assistant my day would start by reconciling our bank accounts to make sure the books balance with the bank. Throughout the day I would make sure all payment requests went through as requested and deal with any client/office account queries that may occur.

This was my first role with an insight into finance so I learnt how to deal with high value payments, different types of software and working closely with all hierarchy of staff.

I worked with 3 other colleagues in this role and within my time there we had 2 new members of staff. This resulted in me sharing my knowledge and training the new members even though I had not been in the role too long myself. I built a good relationship with all my colleagues as it was important to all work closely and communicate when we had large payments to process. I also built a good rapport with my supervisor and manager especially when it was time to complete the main yearly audit of which I was the main contact for our auditors and their queries. I would then report back to my supervisor/manager with the conclusions and questions that I may have.

The hardest part of the job was when the solicitors were under a lot of pressure to complete on a deal which would then be passed onto us. We always tried to put the fee earner and ease and our regular clients would have full confidence that we would get the job done.

I enjoyed many parts of this job but one that stands out is completing the yearly audit with minimal breaches.
productive workplace
paralegal (Former Employee) –  LondonJuly 12, 2012
Review documents. I learned new IT skills and i met good collegues. The hardest part of job was understand properly english language.
Linklaters
Assistante de direction (Current Employee) –  Paris, A8June 5, 2014
Secrétariat classique (agenda, courriers, mails, téléphone, archivage, classement, organisation et gestion des voyages et notes de frais)
pdf : mise en page de tout type de documents (réduction taille, ajout, suppression) avec logiciel adobe acrobat standard
word : lettres, documents, étiquettes, graphiques, reformatage, mark up anglais français
excel : graphiques, tableau croisé dynamique
powerpoint : schéma, graphique, création de bibles
Client book : gestion des contacts, conférences téléphoniques
NIM : gestion des ouverture/fermeture de matter, accès matter, factures, gestion des relevés d’heures
Avis linklaters
Paralegal Assistant juridique bilingue (Former Employee) –  Paris,April 23, 2014
Bonne expérience dans un environnement multiculturel et dynamique

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Linklaters. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2