Linn Energy, LLC Employee Reviews

Was a great place to work for a time
Network Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2015
Was one of the most enjoyable jobs I've ever had, but became one of the worst job experiences of my life.
Was a prime example how one "unchecked" employee whose sole motivation was self can change an entire department in a matter of months.
No longer a good place for long term employment.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 20, 2015
Linn started out to be an exciting place with a great business model. Somewhere management lost sight of that model and began to make not so sound decisions which in turn caused the recent layoff.

A typical day would begin with emails, calendar updates, meeting preparations, any travel arrangements to be made. Then on to the weekly report updates and distribution. Onboarding new employees, any new Master Service Agreements for preparation.

Management was very well informed and informing until bad decisions started. Then the good ones left which left the inexperienced ones in charge and things really went bad.

Hardest part was seeing all of the hard work that was done by all of those that were there from the beginning get torn apart.

The most enjoyable was all of those that were there from the beginning loved to get involved with the community by putting on raffles, breakfast offerings, and other charitable events to raise money.
Pros
Corporate would purchase numberous gifts for all of the employees throughout the year.
Cons
Corporate was disconnected from the divisions.
Amazing company to work for!
Lease Analyst, Sr (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 15, 2015
Employees are valued at Linn Energy and treated with respect. Management is very helpful. Provides continued education and industry training.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Great
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2015
This is a great place to work. Very knowledgeable and friendly staff at the Houston office. I learned a lot from working here.
A great place to wet your feet or cool them off
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2013
I have the freedom to do what I want but there is a definite hierarchy that cannot be penetrated. Its difficult to express your feelings or be paid what is fair. they take advantage of people who dont have a complete knowledge of the industry. There isn't a real sense of teamwork. Besides the negatives, it is a very comfortable place to work. MOST people are easy going to aloof. there is a constant work load and there is job security because there is always work to do.
Friendly work environment with excellent benefits
Land Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 21, 2012
A typical day at the office consists of reviewing title and leases for issues that may arise in potential drill locations, typing correspondence, proposing wells and calculating interests. This job has given me an opportunity to explore several avenues of the oil and gas industry exposing me to regulatory, division orders, lease records, and right of way. I enjoy my co-workers they are dependable and reliable and always willing to assist in extra work loads, questions, and learning experiences. The most difficult portion of the job is the flexibility, constant changes in the drill schedule means that you have to be able to switch gears very quickly sometimes causing reactive behaviors rather than proactive. The aspect that I most enjoy is that this is a very wonderful work environment, the people genuinely care about one and another and it is a family environment. Also, the work is challenging and different each and everyday, keeping you on your toes and constantly learning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Linn Energy, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Linn Energy, LLC Reviews by Location