Linn Star Transfer, Inc.

Linn Star Transfer, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Not exactly honest corporate....
Driver (Former Employee) –  29th and west st. south.April 12, 2015
Was laid off due to corporate not telling us they would not bid on the contract that supplied our work. This knowledge was clearly available before Christmas, but they waited to tell us that we would be laid off as of February 14th 2015 till after we all spent money on Christmas like we would have jobs.
hard work but really no life because you alaways work long hours
Sub-Contractor (Current Employee) –  Benicia, CAFebruary 20, 2015
job security,paid salary,no benefits,job makes you travel and you do a whole lot of heavy lifting with armstrapes you have to have great customer service skills to deal with people
Pros
only paid for 8 hours
Cons
no benifits, no vocations
Very Unprofessional
Lead Check In Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIJanuary 22, 2015
Typically, I arrive at 12 noon to Temp workers being bossed around by a warehouse leader who has the management wrapped around his finger.The office workers curse the managers out on a regular basis.
Coworkers are constantly on the phone. Managers have a poor way of relaying messages to their team members. Eventually i was released. I was called into the office and told It just wasn't working out and I was told to sign some random piece of paper. I refused and was told I had a bad attitude and told a guy to "F" off. basically, if you dont fit the profile, I wouldnt bother applying
Pros
decent money, overtime during nov-jan
Cons
poor leaders, long hours and no breaks, forced to learn systems with no proper teaching
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, AROctober 28, 2014
This is still one of my part time jobs that i can get up and go to work at and still have time to work at my full time job. the manager is a great guy and easy to get along with and works with me on my schedule.
Poor Culture ruthless people.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 14, 2014
They like you to think they are a loving family company but how things change once you get working for them. Poor culture they can just wear a person out. Management style is to manage by intimidations and threats.
Unprofessional
Driver/Installer (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIJune 26, 2014
Gives you nothing that they offer at the interview. Don't care about family life or personal life.
fun
Appliance Delivery Driver / Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Benicia, CAMay 27, 2014
learn a lot and everyone is helpful owner to the manger's are great to work with .
it was a great experiance
Installation and Delivery (Former Employee) –  la vistaMay 19, 2014
Fun fast work enviorment. Lots of travel. Long drives. Long hours but it was like i said a great experiance
Productive place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  eden prairie MnJanuary 13, 2014
We off load trucks in get them ready for delivery for usually do at least 5 trucks a day maybe more depending on the day. We do that until lunch is in that's around 12:30 we take a 45 minute break then we continue to off load the trucks then we do inventory to see we have everything ready for the delivery drivers for there route
Pros
coworkers pay experience
Cons
tiring sometimes from off loading trucks
Good Pay - Poor Management
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Eden Prarie MNDecember 1, 2013
Work is very inconsistent. As an independent contractor you have no say as to when you will or won't work. Scheduling is done the day before so very little notice if you are off or have a route. Management has some idea of how busy it will be days in advance but they have zero communication skills. When its busy you are working 50 - 60 hours plus and pay is great, when its slow you're lucky to work 4 or 5 days with light routes and barely break even. A little effort on their part would make this a decent place to work but they have a keep your mouth shut and do as your told attitude.
Pros
good pay when its busy.
Cons
inconsistent work. treated like an employee, paid like a contractor.
hours not consistent
Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 25, 2013
Descent company to work for just the hours you never know what time you will be getting off
Horrible Employer
Past Employee (Former Employee) –  MNMay 10, 2013
Do not let this company fool you. They offer vacation, but you are not allowed to take it. They do not believe in life outside of work and do not support employees with families.
Pros
you get paid.
Cons
no vacation
Hard work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, ARNovember 15, 2012
This Job isnt for anybody thats looking for longterm employment...You cant retire at this place! Never Sign up to be a contractor, theres no lubricant that comes with it!
Pros
they will hire anybody, no felons
Cons
when its slow, your on call all week

2.6