Linn Star Transfer, Inc.

Linn Star Transfer, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Bad management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 12, 2016
My manager was very dishonest and shady about many things. I injured my shoulder and he "laid" me off a week later. He only had me working for 20 hours a week and i wasn't able to maintain my bills. When we got overtime it was awesome. I wasn't properly trained. I had to learn from watching and asking questions from other people. He play favorites with other employees and treated the others terrible.
Pros
Overtime
Tough job time consuming
Helper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 16, 2016
Typical day consist of loading/unloading of truck anywhere from 10 to 25 deliveries of various appliances learned various skills involving the preparation of all household appliances.Management was helpful. Had a very good relationship with my partner.This job as a whole was very hard.I enjoyed meeting new people and traveling to diferent cities.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Healthcare
Great benefits and PTO but horrible HR knowledge and manager communication.
Logistics Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 24, 2016
I like the benefits but they should provided vision. I like that they have a wellness program so if you're healthy, you get money off your monthly insurance. I like that the company is small and I get to interact with the Owner on a weekly basis. I don't like the HR Department. The manager is sometimes inappropriate and never does anything about employee complaints. Multiple times there were changes to addresses or PTO to be made, which was never done. Some of the managers don't have enough knowledge on policies and procedures to explain them. Also, its a huge issue that the company has warehouses all over the USA but policy and procedures aren't the same at every location. The corporate office should regulate those. There is a huge lack of communication between all of the locations. I really like the amount of PTO in place for after 6 months and annually. Also there is no attendance policy in place. Lack of Job Security
Pros
Good Benefits and lots of PTO
Cons
non professional HR and managers not being consistant
Good Place To Work
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 23, 2016
Great place to work, good benefits, great pay, have to put in the hours but its a good living. I got along well with everyone, got out what i put in.
Pros
Company helps you to suceed
Good group of people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 19, 2016
I worked for Linn Star Transfer for a few months during their busy season, I really enjoyed it and would like to go back to work for them. I had to move out of the area due to family reasons but this was one of the most enjoyable jobs i have had in my life.
Pros
great people, good hours, consistant work
Great Company To Work For
Delivery Driver/Installer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 19, 2016
Linn Star Transfer is a great company to work for and I would recommend it to anyone who likes to work hard and be treated fairly and professionally. There is room for advancement and in some cases you can even be your own boss. The great thing about being my own boss is that I decide how much I make, If i push myself to make more a strange thing takes place.. I make more! During my time working for the company I never had a shortage of opportunities to grow. Good training program and support staff.
Pros
Free Safety Breakfasts, Free Training, Employee and Contractor Support, Room For Advancement, Great Pay.
Cons
Got to be a driven person who has customer service skills, Must enjoy service industry. Not for people who hate making money.
Not exactly honest corporate....
Driver (Former Employee) –  29th and west st. south.April 12, 2015
Was laid off due to corporate not telling us they would not bid on the contract that supplied our work. This knowledge was clearly available before Christmas, but they waited to tell us that we would be laid off as of February 14th 2015 till after we all spent money on Christmas like we would have jobs.
hard work but really no life because you alaways work long hours
Sub-Contractor (Current Employee) –  Benicia, CAFebruary 20, 2015
job security,paid salary,no benefits,job makes you travel and you do a whole lot of heavy lifting with armstrapes you have to have great customer service skills to deal with people
Pros
only paid for 8 hours
Cons
no benifits, no vocations
Very Unprofessional
Lead Check In Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIJanuary 22, 2015
Typically, I arrive at 12 noon to Temp workers being bossed around by a warehouse leader who has the management wrapped around his finger.The office workers curse the managers out on a regular basis.
Coworkers are constantly on the phone. Managers have a poor way of relaying messages to their team members. Eventually i was released. I was called into the office and told It just wasn't working out and I was told to sign some random piece of paper. I refused and was told I had a bad attitude and told a guy to "F" off. basically, if you dont fit the profile, I wouldnt bother applying
Pros
decent money, overtime during nov-jan
Cons
poor leaders, long hours and no breaks, forced to learn systems with no proper teaching
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, AROctober 28, 2014
This is still one of my part time jobs that i can get up and go to work at and still have time to work at my full time job. the manager is a great guy and easy to get along with and works with me on my schedule.
Poor Culture ruthless people.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 14, 2014
They like you to think they are a loving family company but how things change once you get working for them. Poor culture they can just wear a person out. Management style is to manage by intimidations and threats.
Unprofessional
Driver/Installer (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIJune 26, 2014
Gives you nothing that they offer at the interview. Don't care about family life or personal life.
it was a great experiance
Installation and Delivery (Former Employee) –  la vistaMay 19, 2014
Fun fast work enviorment. Lots of travel. Long drives. Long hours but it was like i said a great experiance
Very hard work and they could care less about you or there accounts
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 26, 2014
I worked there for 2 1/2 years and won delivery of the year award twice and they fired everyone with no notice for no reason.. WARNING!!!!! Do not invest your time in this place
Cons
cons? yes there cons
Productive place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  eden prairie MnJanuary 13, 2014
We off load trucks in get them ready for delivery for usually do at least 5 trucks a day maybe more depending on the day. We do that until lunch is in that's around 12:30 we take a 45 minute break then we continue to off load the trucks then we do inventory to see we have everything ready for the delivery drivers for there route
Pros
coworkers pay experience
Cons
tiring sometimes from off loading trucks
Good Pay - Poor Management
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Eden Prarie MNDecember 1, 2013
Work is very inconsistent. As an independent contractor you have no say as to when you will or won't work. Scheduling is done the day before so very little notice if you are off or have a route. Management has some idea of how busy it will be days in advance but they have zero communication skills. When its busy you are working 50 - 60 hours plus and pay is great, when its slow you're lucky to work 4 or 5 days with light routes and barely break even. A little effort on their part would make this a decent place to work but they have a keep your mouth shut and do as your told attitude.
Pros
good pay when its busy.
Cons
inconsistent work. treated like an employee, paid like a contractor.
hours not consistent
Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 25, 2013
Descent company to work for just the hours you never know what time you will be getting off
Horrible Employer
Past Employee (Former Employee) –  MNMay 10, 2013
Do not let this company fool you. They offer vacation, but you are not allowed to take it. They do not believe in life outside of work and do not support employees with families.
Pros
you get paid.
Cons
no vacation
Hard work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, ARNovember 15, 2012
This Job isnt for anybody thats looking for longterm employment...You cant retire at this place! Never Sign up to be a contractor, theres no lubricant that comes with it!
Pros
they will hire anybody, no felons
Cons
when its slow, your on call all week

2.9