Lionbridge Technologies Employee Reviews

Plays a part in improving the quality of one of the largest search engines in the world.
Internet Assessor (Former Employee) –  1050 Winter Street, Suite 2300 Waltham, MA 02451April 23, 2017
Still under an NDA but they can terminate your contract without notice which leave me in quite a mess. Over all it was a nice company to work for. I especially liked setting my own hours.
Pros
Nice people to work with. Can work your own hours.
Cons
Contact was up with no warning!
fun place
Linguist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 13, 2017
great place to work in. The staff was welcoming and very fun to work with. Allowed me to develop my customer service skills and improve on my interaction skills
Fun work
Market Research Evaluator (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 6, 2017
I enjoy the variation of the work but tasks are not available all the time. In order to make money there needs to be a constant flow of tasks available.
Overall cheap but fair company to work for.
Project Manager/ Manager, Asian Languages Group (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 31, 2017
The people you work with are very knowledgeable, but very busy.LB likes highly skilled people for cheap. If you're not willing to take a pay cut for your skills, look elsewhere.
Ok work at home job
Internet Assessor (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 11, 2017
It is a good work at home job for someone that needs a little extra cash in their pocket. The work was detailed and fast paced, and required some concentration. Had a variety of tasks that you can complete anytime of day.
Pros
Work at home
Working at Home is for Real
Technical Editor (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 25, 2017
Not the best pay in the world, but it is REAL working at home and for years, the work has been steady. My front line manager is good enough - not too attentive but then I don't need a lot of hand holding. She would go to bat for me if I needed her to. The work is interesting enough but it doesn't really vary and boredom is sometimes an issue. Our customers are weird but our work is of high quality, so we barely communicate (their wish, not ours). It all works out.
Pros
REAL work-at-home (sometimes many too many hours)
Cons
A raise would surely be nice
Flexible work timings
Testing Engineer (Former Employee) –  work from homeFebruary 24, 2017
Work is fun. It's a work from home job so it depends on us when we want to work.The management is very cooperative. I enjoy all the time working.But the only hardest part is when there is work for them then only they will give work for us and the payment is given on the work done.
Pros
flexible time and work from home
Cons
not permanent
Review
Process Technician II (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 22, 2017
Have been with the company for a little over 4 years, have received 2 promotions. Currently in a manager position, good environment, and helpful and enjoyable staff.
Great Environment
Help Desk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 26, 2017
Would've stayed here for a long time but it was just a year contract. Great people, great management, lots of super awesome energy, and a wonderful place to start for IT related careers.(:
A very detail orientated job that keeps you busy, but great people to work with.
Computer\Printer R&D Test Tech II (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJanuary 11, 2017
The staff is great, the hours are great, the work is very detail orientated and demanding, but the pay is not scaled to the job in which you do. No raises, but great benefits.
Pros
Work with you on any schedule problems and the people are great.
Cons
No raises, ever.
Challenging work environment with talented staff
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  NYCNovember 24, 2016
Challenging work environment with very talented staff. Some infrastructure challenges to overcome but a lot of opportunity for change and improvement.
Excellent company to work with
Internet Search Administrator (Former Employee) –  Work from homeNovember 20, 2016
I worked with them from home as an Internet Search Administrator. It was a really nice experience. Works very well as an additional income. The team will answer to the emails in a reasonable time frame.
Pros
Work from home.
Contract employees are expendable
Native Speaker Test Tech (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 7, 2016
No raise, no benefits and not many advancement opportunities for nearly 4 years as a contract employee. But they always said, "We sure appreciate all the great work you're doing! Our client is very happy." Not much of a morale booster if it's just words and no action.

It was good job experience overall and I was glad to be gone when the time arrived.
Pros
Good job experience, meet lots of people from all over the world
Cons
Mostly contract work
Excellent company and culture
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 7, 2016
Very much enjoyed working for Lionbridge. Offered opportunities and challenges while respecting my experience and preferences. Sorry to leave but end of client contract.
Pros
Many
Cons
Few
Productive place to work
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 25, 2016
Job security is very low for employees working in testing, development, and eLearning side of the business. The company more focused on technical writing.
Management tries
Tech I (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORAugust 19, 2016
Mostly worked testing for client. Learned a lot about printing. Co workers tried. Hardest part of job, management between Lionbridge and client. There was always a trade off.
Pros
Cons
Questionable values.
Amazing flexibility
Test Technician III (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORAugust 8, 2016
Lionbridge allows for flexibility in the workplace. If appointments need to be made, you are allowed to attend those and make the hours up. I enjoyed the location where I worked. There really is no real room for advancement and they give zerop merit raises.
Management no longer seems to want to support Software Development/Quality assurance.
Sr. Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 5, 2016
The pay was below market value. When a contract received an increase did not mean that the employees would see a pay increase. Annual reviews had no affect on pay increases. Many employees went years without any type of pay increase even with exceptional annual reviews.

Recently new projects were minimal. Sales of our services were non-existent. When told of rumors of a possible early cancellation of a contract little to no effort was made to verify rumors. Employees were laid off due to lack of projects.
Pros
Full time employees could earn up to 200 hours of PTO annually.
Cons
Employees were only a resource.
Decent first job
Operator III (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 2, 2016
I worked in Vancouver, WA for Lionbridge Technologies, testing prototype equipment for HP. Much of the work I performed was repetitious and did not require much thought. However, there were always new things to learn and opportunities to help others.

The work environment left a lot to be desired. The majority of my colleagues had never been employed before and so retained a childish mentality regarding failure and accidents or miscalculations. This led to many workplace disputes, disrupting the work environment for others and causing sub-par performance, which in turn angered HP. These disputes not only occurred amongst test operators, but amongst lower and mid-level management.
Pros
relaxed work environment, accomodating schedules
Cons
workplace arguments, lack of employee work ethic
Fun and exciting work environment
NX Detailer/Test Equipment Admin (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2016
A typical day at work consist of constantly going through emails and talking with management or other Modelers or Drafters to get a grasp on the task at hand. Full on engagement in idea relative to SOW. Drafting for the rest of the day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lionbridge Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8