Lionbridge Technologies Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work, but not a career job.
Tester Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORNovember 19, 2015
Contract workers at another company's site. Great shift managers, and co-workers. Upper management cares more about the numbers of product put out for the contractor each month then the employees' welfare.
Pros
Discounts at nearby fast food locations.
Cons
No benefits at time of employment.
Not bad for a short while
Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 26, 2016
This place is great for a short while between jobs. But the upper management does not know what they are doing. The company at this location are falling apart and demoralized. The Weekend shift is a mess, the swing shift and day shift do most of the work. The leads do their best to try and keep things positive for the operators but are limited.
Pros
Fitness Center, Cafeteria
Cons
Strict breaks
My tenure here at Lionbridge
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2015
Working for Lionbridge was the most challenging job that I have had to date. Building a business within a larger corporation, while performing a specific service for that company, is very complex.
Overall the management is spread thin, which makes working for them stressful at times. There are many professionals within the company, but after five years with the company I cannot find the proper work life balance.
Pros
challenging, advancement opportunity
Cons
improperly managed, no communication, no increase in salary
working with contractor for HP was ok
operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMarch 25, 2015
-clean all machines, tools entire of work area and parts that are going to be assembled.
-working on proto type parts always looking for problems in different areas of the part and correct also.
-all management people worked for HP at one time came back to work for Lionbridge.Attitudes among former HP employees having to get a lower pay affected all other co-workers attitude about the company no pay raises and benefits to operators.
-I never worked for HP but when it came to get help from the management they didn't care.
-hearing the storys about how good it was when co-workers was working for HP.
-I learned a lot from the engineers, they enjoyed having me assist them through problems.
Pros
always good to work to help a company like HP
Cons
management problems, company does not like to help them
Needs more Vision
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 22, 2016
not good management
growth is impossible
compensation is prehistoric
does not recognize talent
expects too much by giving little
no clear lines of communications between management
ill prepared
Nice people
SOFTWARE TESTER (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 9, 2016
It is a very quiet work environment. The working hours are great. In order to work there, you must like computer entries and maneuver easily on different platforms..
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No windows in Lab
Don't work for this company.
General QA (Technician I) (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 18, 2014
Lionbridge is the bottom of the barrel. Very unprofessional, very hard to get ahead and has trouble following California laws regarding employment.

Work can be regular or it can be spotty. Most of the people there are not interested in advancing their lives (i.e. they are the second income in their household.) The jobs themselves are easy. What is not easy is the management and the incompetence and the inconsistencies of people put in managerial positions.

For me the most enjoyable part of this job was quitting. Its an employer of dead end jobs.

I did learn about how to do Quality Assurance testing and how to utilize ancient databases that are spotty and confusing at times. If your expectations are about as low as they go, this is the place for you!
Pros
easy work, easy money at times
Cons
some of the most common-sense-challenged people you will meet, work isn't always steady, fulltime only, no raises
Good work, but perhaps managment and staff training too much to overcome
Sr Logistics Engineer (Tech Writer) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 11, 2016
Skip this one. Its a quagmire. Company willing to take shortcuts and forgo real role up your sleeves engineering analysis. Trivializes efforts. Bad mindset, willingness to overlook actual, helpful engineering analyses. Yup, just get the job done. If the client wants updates, they'll contract for more work. Kind of a disservice for the client, and professionalism.
Could be a good company. Work is genuine and good, if you can separate it from staff and management. Major efforts supports JSF. Work not hard, if you do it on your own. Unknown if client really wants LSAR backing into Tech Pubs, or at least a certain amount of engineering. You'll have to figure that one on your own. It just might be that there's too much to overcome, even if very knowledgeable. Teaching both engineering and LSAR/Logistics is almost insurmountable. Management would have to be hands-off, letting you do the job.

Good intentioned people and eager, but you can't get there from here. Third Tier Employer for Logistics & LSAR. Young staff, untrained, short on engineering experience which makes training more than a challenge. Local management ignoring that not helpful, they listen, but don't. They think they know the effort, but things fall short when trying to explain inherent database difficulties and trainees have to be willing to do they heavy lifting, studying, working on examples. and eagerness isn't a substitute for mechanical & electronics
Company has Logistics staff at sister location. Some help, but they too won't get involved with overbearing local upper manager. One down the road on mediocrity,
  more... hard to turn back. Good intentioned, but forgetful of roots as Vets
Upper manager in Indy is a tough cookie, somehow well meaning. Some sister company management knowledgeable of LSAR, but micromanages efforts.
Pros
Small company, nice atmosphere, free coffee, people are genuinely nice
Cons
Local upper manager gets in way of work, management underplays staff short on formal training and education
Lionbridge was a great stepping stone
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MADecember 7, 2015
The basic QA priciples and methodologies were learned and enhanced throughout my time here. The team is fairly small but works very well together within the QA department.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Constant power struggle from the upper managment
Run from this place like the devil was after you!!
Victim (Former Employee) –  Vancouver waApril 23, 2013
Over a period of several years I saw everything from lack of training to not having the necessary equiptment to do the job. Mgmt also sucks one several mgmt. people have been fired for gross incompetence then rehired. My favorite "Dilbert" moment was a "MANDITORY celebration" (their words) in which we got to watch management pat themselves on the back for an hour and a half for all their hard work which involved having their staff do everything while they were absent.
Pros
great reasons to move on.
Cons
way to many to list - think of all the horrible jobs you've had.

Comment – May 8, 2013

then why did you stay there for several years if it was so terrible?

Good Managed Services Comapny
Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2015
My manager was one of the best I have worked for and all the other managed services people at my facility were great. The managers were good about keeping you informed of any changes and was very supportive.
Pros
Provides a nice Mexican lunch every year
Cons
Its a managed service company
motivated worker
Hard Ware Test Operator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 8, 2015
Learn new things at work everyday, management is very organized and professional, co-workers are smart and work effectively and are friendly , the satisfaction that the engineers get when we do a good job
The testing on technology was interesting and exciting
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 18, 2013
I would certainly work for Lionbridge again.

It was interesting to be able to test technology as a third party company. I learned quite a bit about currently technology on the several specific projects I worked on with Lionbridge.

I became a specialist for Accessibility testing on technology using DNS (Dragon Naturally Speaking), JAWS, Microsoft Ease of Access tools of High Contrast Black, High Contrast White, Magnifier and Narrator.

I enjoyed the management and my co-workers. Th environment was professional and aggressive but every one communicated expectations and goals. It was a positive environment to work at Lionbridge. I was laid off due to lack of projects within the office but certainly keep in touch with Lionbridge management on any up coming projects.
Pros
the opprotunity to learn and increase skill base, the management and people working there, the fast pace and aggressive deadlines that we were always able to meet for our clients.
Cons
i am a flex pool employee - so when there are projects that end or not any new projects coming in, the flex pool employees are laid off. also i did not have any benefits such as vacation pay, and insurance
If you are a Drone
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 17, 2015
If management takes a liking to you then you may be ok. otherwise good luck surviving this hostile work environment.Co-Workers are cool people most are recent college grads. There is not enjoyable aspect to this job, it was a terrible experience. Also if you cannot teach yourself how to do the job, good luck cause management sure will not. Even though it is an entry level position.
Great Job - Internet Assessor
Internet Assessor (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 8, 2013
A typical day for this job finds me sitting down at the desk in front of the computer and logging on to the system to obtain work throughout the day. Understanding what internet users are searching for and what their intent is, is critical to doing the job successfully. In addition to learning what the user's intent is, you also have to learn different ways to make sure user's get the results desired. Time management skills is a must. You make your own hours but there are a minimum amount of hours an Assessor must work. The hardest part of the job is taking advantage of doing the work while it is present. The next day you may not have to do. So sometimes, for example, you will work 4 hours and other times 10 hours a day. The most enjoyable park of this job is the flexibility and learning something new everyday.
Friendly and engaging online network
Language expert (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 28, 2014
This job is quite good for those who work part-time from home and is a good opportunity to learn or practice skills in computer programming and linguistics. My colleagues are friendly and helpful and very understanding of competing demands on my time. The main caveat is that hours are unpredictable, and it can be a tricky exercise in time management when you have committed to other jobs and are suddenly given a task requiring 20 hours due the following week! Ideal for anyone who does not have too many other commitments and demands on time.
Great Workplace
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 19, 2012
I come to work and do my job with little hassle from management.
I have learned a lot about network storage and server applications.
Pros
hours our very flexible, take breaks when needed, work gives you great expirence
Cons
no benifits
work can be hard for minimum pay
Test Operator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 8, 2013
The work can vary significantly, sometimes easy and slow and sometimes very hectic and difficult.
Pros
4x10hr days
Cons
no benefits, can be sent home any day, low pay, management shows no caring.
Flexible independent workplace with great autonomy.
Internet Assessor (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville GAJuly 25, 2013
The work day schedule was completely autonomous, i was given a specific number of tasks that needed to be completed by the end of the week, how i did this was completely up to me. I learned a lot about time management and scheduling as well as how to be self motivated without relying on outside factors to get the job done. I really enjoyed the freedom given to me as well as the challenges that arose when certain tasks fell into multiple interpretations resulting in judgement calls.
Pros
independence
Cons
limited teamwork
Decent entry-level position
Test Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 18, 2013
This is a decent job for recent high school graduates. The pay is good enough to start with, and there are often advancements offered to apply for. The hardest part of the job was the monotony. While testing you're not allowed to listen to music or read, you have to watch your units until they are done, sometimes it can be 30-45 minutes. It wasn't terrible but it can be tiring having so much down time in between the spurts of report writing.
Pros
reliable, learn proper reporting skills
Cons
monotonous