Lionbridge Technologies

Lionbridge Technologies Employee Reviews

My tenure here at Lionbridge
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 26, 2015
Pros: challenging, advancement opportunity
Cons: improperly managed, no communication, no increase in salary
Working for Lionbridge was the most challenging job that I have had to date. Building a business within a larger corporation, while performing a specific service for that company, is very complex.
Overall the management is spread thin, which makes working for them stressful at times. There are many professionals within the company, but after five years with the company I cannot find the proper work life balance.
Business Development Director
Business Development Director (Former Employee), Silver SpringApril 12, 2015
The lessons learnt are over the top but the pressure will make you physically sick! They push you to close government deals that are notoriously slow. Make sure your commission structure is real and in writing.
working with contractor for HP was ok
operator 3 (Former Employee), Corvallis, ORMarch 25, 2015
Pros: always good to work to help a company like HP
Cons: management problems, company does not like to help them
-clean all machines, tools entire of work area and parts that are going to be assembled.
-working on proto type parts always looking for problems in different areas of the part and correct also.
-all management people worked for HP at one time came back to work for Lionbridge.Attitudes among former HP employees having to get a lower pay affected all other co-workers attitude about the company no pay raises and benefits to operators.
-I never worked for HP but when it came to get help from the management they didn't care.
-hearing the storys about how good it was when co-workers was working for HP.
-I learned a lot from the engineers, they enjoyed having me assist them through problems.
good people and enjoyable workplace
tester III (Former Employee), BoiseMarch 24, 2015
provided tech support for India and learned about HP printers and Web Jet admin software. All people were very friendly and helpful.
It was a night shift which I enjoyed very much
If you are a Drone
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Waltham, MAFebruary 17, 2015
If management takes a liking to you then you may be ok. otherwise good luck surviving this hostile work environment.Co-Workers are cool people most are recent college grads. There is not enjoyable aspect to this job, it was a terrible experience. Also if you cannot teach yourself how to do the job, good luck cause management sure will not. Even though it is an entry level position.
no pressure
Climaties/Tech #3 (Former Employee), Rancho Bernardo, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: investment opportunities
Cons: pay scale too low
Good work environment, pay could be better, professionals, good work ethic will be willing to work for the company again in the future.
Funny job
Internet Assessor (Current Employee), HoustonNovember 7, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: the working time might not be stable
The working schedule is pretty flexible. You can choose whenever you feel right to work on the questions. There is a discussion group of the colleagues and they are all interesting people. I really enjoy this job.
Flexibility to work from home
Internet Crowd Worker (Former Employee), MAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: poor pay structure
This was a flexible job, with flexible hours and Work from home
Don't work for this company.
General QA (Technician I) (Former Employee), Escondido, CASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: easy work, easy money at times
Cons: some of the most common-sense-challenged people you will meet, work isn't always steady, fulltime only, no raises
Lionbridge is the bottom of the barrel. Very unprofessional, very hard to get ahead and has trouble following California laws regarding employment.

Work can be regular or it can be spotty. Most of the people there are not interested in advancing their lives (i.e. they are the second income in their household.) The jobs themselves are easy. What is not easy is the management and the incompetence and the inconsistencies of people put in managerial positions.

For me the most enjoyable part of this job was quitting. Its an employer of dead end jobs.

I did learn about how to do Quality Assurance testing and how to utilize ancient databases that are spotty and confusing at times. If your expectations are about as low as they go, this is the place for you!
Best at what they do
Sales Representative (Former Employee), MAJune 18, 2014
Pros: exciting industry
Cons: high pressure
Lionbridge is the best in the field at what they do. You will feel that from working there. Be ready to be a self starter though as leadership tries to be hands off and give employees flexibility and responsibility. If you cant exceed expectations continually, work somewhere else.
Friendly and engaging online network
Language expert (Current Employee), Waltham, MAMay 28, 2014
This job is quite good for those who work part-time from home and is a good opportunity to learn or practice skills in computer programming and linguistics. My colleagues are friendly and helpful and very understanding of competing demands on my time. The main caveat is that hours are unpredictable, and it can be a tricky exercise in time management when you have committed to other jobs and are suddenly given a task requiring 20 hours due the following week! Ideal for anyone who does not have too many other commitments and demands on time.
hard working crew
TECHNICAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAMay 3, 2014
Pros: good technology
Cons: poor upper managment
I loved the team of people I supervised, but the upper management is very disorganized which saddens me.
Productive and fun place to work at
Tester 1 (Current Employee), Vancouver, WaApril 17, 2014
Most people who work here have a smile on their face, Each day is a new challenge with an opportunity to show your skills working with technology.
The management rocks at getting things done and making their employees happy!
The hardest part of the job is working with printers that just don't want to cooperate.
Ok
Internet Assessor (Current Employee), work from homeDecember 10, 2013
Pro: Make your own schedule
Con: Boring work, not always enough hours for require time
work can be hard for minimum pay
Test Operator (Current Employee), Vancouver, WADecember 8, 2013
Pros: 4x10hr days
Cons: no benefits, can be sent home any day, low pay, management shows no caring.
The work can vary significantly, sometimes easy and slow and sometimes very hectic and difficult.
positive atmosphere with an eager to help supervisor
Global Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Waltham, MANovember 20, 2013
You get a lot of self autonomy as an intern. I've learned Sales Force and done a lot of cold calling and emailing.
The testing on technology was interesting and exciting
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Boise, IDNovember 18, 2013
Pros: the opprotunity to learn and increase skill base, the management and people working there, the fast pace and aggressive deadlines that we were always able to meet for our clients.
Cons: i am a flex pool employee - so when there are projects that end or not any new projects coming in, the flex pool employees are laid off. also i did not have any benefits such as vacation pay, and insurance
I would certainly work for Lionbridge again.

It was interesting to be able to test technology as a third party company. I learned quite a bit about currently technology on the several specific projects I worked on with Lionbridge.

I became a specialist for Accessibility testing on technology using DNS (Dragon Naturally Speaking), JAWS, Microsoft Ease of Access tools of High Contrast Black, High Contrast White, Magnifier and Narrator.

I enjoyed the management and my co-workers. Th environment was professional and aggressive but every one communicated expectations and goals. It was a positive environment to work at Lionbridge. I was laid off due to lack of projects within the office but certainly keep in touch with Lionbridge management on any up coming projects.
They need to get it together.
Operator 1 (Current Employee), Vancouver, WANovember 15, 2013
Pros: great employees
Cons: working little hours with no notice.
I work as a contractor for this company. They did not tell me when I started working that the position they offered was considered full time but you can be sent home. I have not worked an entire 40 hours a week since starting there.
Boots on the ground management are reasonable and practical people.
Technical illustrator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 19, 2013
Like most companies I suppose, budgets dictate whether you really need what you tell them you need and you end up having to work around issues. Nevertheless, the people you deal with day-to-day are above average in a mostly healthy environment.

It is corporate who have made some suspect decisions which make you wonder where their concerns are.
Great people at the job site locations.
Spanish Legal Linguist (Current Employee), Rio Grande ValleyAugust 12, 2013
A typical day at work consists of interpereting for non- english speakers for their Immigration hearings. I LOVE what I do and enjoy the people I work with.

About Lionbridge Technologies

Lionbridge Technologies wants to be king of the jungle at bridging the language gap. The company offers translation (or localization) – Read more

Lionbridge Technologies Salaries