Lionbridge Employee Reviews

They use to pay more
Data Entry Keyer (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 9, 2016
I use to do this job before i was technically old enough to sign up on the website. back then it was called keyforcash. after i finally turned 18 they are paying pennyies. it's ok if you have free time and want some pocket money. Nothing to bank as far as making a livable wage.
Pros
work whenever you want
Cons
there isnt always work available when your're available
Fun and knowledgeable
Software Test Associate (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 3, 2016
I had the pleasure of learning the procedures for running daily and weekly tests cases on various devices and software. The hardest part of the job was not knowing how to do the work when I first started. Fortunately, I had a few experienced professionals showing me how things were done, so I was able to pick up on everything fairly quickly. By my second week, I was able to perform the majority of the work on my own and only needed to confirm a few steps for some of the more difficult tasks. It has been really fun and knowledgeable thus far.
Cons
Contract
Work was fine; co-workers not so much
COMPUTER/ PRINTER PROGRAMMER/TESTER (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 19, 2016
The work was fine. Ii learned a lot and was able to do quite a lot of work. However, the other co-workers were not ideal and some even bordered on harassing. There was also a very bad leaving experience that made them look very bad on their part, especially since they were in the wrong.
Pros
THE ACTUAL WORK
Cons
CO-WORKER'S; MANAGEMENT
Fun and fast paced work environment
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 15, 2016
I volunteered for 1 year at this business, and it was a blast. I had tried to apply before, but was always a bit too late. If you've got extensive knowledge of comic books and TCG's, live in the camas/vancouver areas, this is a fun job to have!
Job, not a career
Technician (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMay 9, 2016
Dead end job. If you are looking for a career, this is not the place. It's not a bad place to work if you are looking for a full time job.

Local management cares about their employees but when corporate people come visit, it is just the same information about how we are doing good. It would be nice if the work that the local team have done would be recognized through a pay increase or something.

If it wasn't for my co-workers and managers, I would leave.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Low pay rates, No pay increases.
Excellent work at home job - too bad it's part time
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 26, 2016
Easy data entry assignments - really doesn't take that long to get paid - boss is super nice - flexible hours and at your own pace too!
Poor management drags...
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJune 22, 2016
Lionbridge is a global talent recruiting company managed by deal brokers who care very little for the employees under their contract. All they are concerned with is maintaining the contract with the company who hired them. There is no voice for the worker, no feedback is ever acted upon. What is more frustrating is the onsite managers are all former employees of the company who hired Lionbridge! They claim there are limits as to what the hiring company can and cannot do to Lionbridge employees but it is simply not true. The hiring company dictates to Lionbridge everything it wants to and Lionbridge bows down to their every command. This leaves Lionbridge with no direction and no ability to actually manage employees for the future as they are constantly changing the scope of their involvement to suit the whims of "insert-name-here" manager from the hiring company. With this business philosophy, Lionbridge will never attain long lasting business partnerships and will leave many unemployed in their wake.
Pros
Working with the employees of the hiring company (HP Corvallis) was enjoyable. Benefits got better
Cons
Poor wages, spineless management, no ability to plan for the future, lazy headhunter
Despicable HR hiring person; flat-out lied to.
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 19, 2015
I was flat-out lied to by their HR person and hired for only 6 weeks under false pretense. I was told that the job was long-term with a 90-day probationary period. After they let me go (on good, rehirable terms) the same HR person slipped and reveled in an e-mail that they actually hired me for a term - for a specific project that they needed to complete in 6 weeks. Of course, they paid me significantly less than what most places would as well, but I accepted because of the promise of potential long-term employment. In my opinion, this HR person knew that they would never be able to get some with my skill set and experience hired and working in time to complete this 6-week project for what they were paying, so they lied about it.

Unfortunately, I liked the people I worked with quite a bit, as well as the managers. Great people - despicable HR department.
Pros
The people and the work
Cons
Despicable HR and hiring process
Productive and team environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  seattleOctober 23, 2015
Great place to work with need to travel for global awareness and business presence. Management works well with teams across the company.
Pros
Colleagues and managers very supportive in ensuring team success
Cons
You can learn a lot from working there.
TEST OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 25, 2015
You learn a lot of things; anything from data entry, how to run different kinds of media through different types of printers, work in different climates (acclimation) when running media through the units, and so much more.
Clearn Room Environment
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORApril 11, 2016
Lionbridge was a great company to work for. They are very good at giving you all the hours to be full time. Generally they treat you well. The hours worked great for me with four tens and three days off each week. Having Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off was really nice. My bosses were really good to me and I felt very respected. I left because the pay there is pretty low and another opportunity paid more.

I would have stayed there for many years if the paid had been a little higher. Overall though a great experience and I highly recommend the company, especially for younger people looking for a full time job that will definitely be great for your resume'.

Typically I assembled parts for high end printers in a cleanroom. The only downside was that you have to wear a "bunny" suit which covers your whole body. But it really isn't that uncomfortable.

I learned about the use of adhesive in the assembly of electronics. I also learned how to use proto type machines in a production environment. There was also Statistical Process Control as wel as lean being implemented.

Co-workers were GREAT! I will say it again ... GREAT! Really enjoyed my time with them.

The hardest part of the job was again the low pay. The printers that the parts go to sell for roughly $20,0000. But the pay for the average worker is $11 per hour with NO benefits. Really needs to be addressed.

The most enjoyable part was the people who worked there.
Pros
Always get hours. Good people
Cons
LOW LOW LOW Pay
Easy-going job with technical problems
Internet Assessor (Former Employee) –  homeMarch 6, 2013
I was required to work at least 10 hours a week from home, comparing the results of various search engines.. I learned how to conduct more efficient google searches, as well as tested various experimental search engines. The management was very hands-off and getting an answer concerning an issue was complicated. I did not have coworkers to ask for help either. The hardest part of the job was motivating myself to work as it was very monotonous and had many problems with the interface. The most enjoyable part of the job was keeping up to date with the various news sources and being able to set my own schedule.
Pros
work from home, not a demanding schedule
Cons
not taxed, hands-off management
Flexible and Great Experience
INTERPRETER (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 30, 2013
I can not lie and say that everything is as it should be but I can say that it is a great experience to work as an interpreter in the EOIR. A typical day at work is to interpret all day in court setting for the immigration courts.
Lionbridge has improved their case coordinator and now I am happy with the one assigned to the New England area. Payment it is a problem, basically you have 2 options, you either get pay every 45 days or every 15 days if you are willing to have 5% deducted from your rate.
Pros
Great Learning, Flexible enviroment
Cons
late pay.
Years working with lion bridge
Hardware Tech 2 - Tester 2 (Current Employee) –  San diego, CAJanuary 22, 2013
Arrive at work revise emails to see any request, and then work on any previous request.
learning experience from previous tech that have been in the company for years.
the management was not that great since they promised various things and they did not do like promoting people once they already had talked to them and told them about a raise and full benefits,
my co-workers have always been good workers that i enjoy working with.
the hardest part of the job is the deadlines for the projects since sometimes we encounter problems and parts would not arrived until a week making the deadline harder to meet.
the most enjoyable part is that there's always something new every day it doesn't become a routine.
Not your usual 9-5 job!
Internet Assessor (Current Employee) –  EarthJune 16, 2012
This is a work from home job. Typical day at work involves logging in, checking if there's work available and for any emails from management. If there is rating work available then it's your choice whether or not you accept the tasks, and its on you to keep tabs on how many tasks you get done and how long you took. Once a month you must fill in a timesheet.

I learned a lot about SEO and website quality. The hardest part of the job is keeping tabs on how well you're performing and how many tasks you've done. The most enjoyable part of this job is the flexibility, you can simply log on anytime and if there's work, you can choose to accept it or not. There is a requirement on how many hours you do though.
Pros
flexible
Cons
keeping tabs on productivity is stressful; irregular work availability
no advancement
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Winter, WISeptember 7, 2015
Company does not know what to do with seasoned programmers and testers. They should stick to procuring jobs for manufacturing
Good Option
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAAugust 7, 2014
This was a good option for a virtual positions when we relocated to Atlanta. Developing the self discipline to get my routine down too a little bit of time, but the over time in during the holidays helped a lot.
Pros
helpful income when job market is low
Cons
requires self discipline, communication issues in email correspondence.
This Company Provides an Important Position and Service that is Enjoyable to be Involved In
Internet Assessor (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MassachusettsMarch 2, 2013
This company conducts projects on researching the interests of users based on specific internet queries. I thoroughly enjoyed this position and these projects because it was working to understand which webpages provided the best content for users for common and important queries, which content was the most helpful, and how to find the best webpages for users. The instructions for the projects almost always were surpassing sufficient standards and at times they were just missing some important aspects. The quality of the projects and their formats were mostly high in quality and the experience was very enjoyable and challenging.
Pros
the projects were interesting and about researching various commonly discussed subjects.
Cons
the company at times has errors with their projects and their formatting.
Good job for added income but not for career
Internet Assessor (Former Employee) –  OnlineAugust 10, 2013
Good place to work from home and get a little extra cash. You work more time than paid for ie. classes, timed work productivity. The overall job is tedious and boring, but you get paid for working in your pj's.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Don't get paid for required learning time
Great work from home job!
Search Engine Evaluator (Current Employee) –  MAMay 21, 2015
Hardest part of the job is remembering all the guidelines when evaluating search queries. Most enjoyable is that I can set my own hours and work when it's convenient for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lionbridge. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8