Lionbridge Employee Reviews

Make Your Own Schedule From Home
English Transcriber/Validator (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 22, 2017
The remote transcriber position is great for making some extra money on the side, as long as the work is available. The software is easy to use and the work is considerably easy, as long as you are able to correctly follow the transcription guidelines. Ensuring you follow the guidelines completely can be difficult at times because some projects have slightly different requirements than others. But once you do the different types of projects a few times, it becomes second nature.
Pros
Flexible hours, work from home
Cons
Inconsistant hours
first job out of school
Lead Web Technician (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 21, 2017
The picked me up right out of school. I worked close and got some experience. Nothing bad to say. Especially because it was so long ago. overall good experience.
Telecommute with a flexible schedule
Internet Assessor (Current Employee) –  TelecommuteJune 20, 2017
Lionbridge has been a great place to work. They invest time in training you by having monthly webinars. They are always there to answer any of my questions via email as well. There isn't any connection to the other employees, but we just transitioned to employees from contractors, so maybe that will change in the future. Overall, I love it here!
Pros
Flexible schedule, helpful management.
Cons
Can't think of any right now.
Horrible management
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 16, 2017
The executive team only looks for work in other areas of the world and not for their job site. In the end they lost their workforce in Boise and management lost their jobs as well. They put people who have no experience or education as project managers and they do not practice project management methodologies.
Pros
Bagels on friday
Cons
could lose your job anytime a project is complete
Internet Assessor
Internet Assessor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2017
I love this job and the work is easy as long as you follow the guidelines. I have been working as an internet assessor for over a year. I am a mom of two and I am also taking college courses online, so this is the perfect job for me. There is no phone work and I can work around my schedule. The pay is decent I've even gotten bonus' on two occasions. The company has just recently made the independent contractors part-time employees, so I'm not sure how that works in regard to advancement opportunities. I've never had a problem acquiring tasks except on some Sundays, so I just plan not to expect that there will be work on Sundays, but if there is then that's great. Overall, there is really nothing to complain about.
Pros
Flexibility, Non phone work, Training and Webinars
Cons
Non yet
Great place to work.
Internet Assessor (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 22, 2017
The most enjoyable part of working for Lionbridge as an Internet Assessor is being able to work at home with flexible hours. The job could be quite challenging at times; however, the company does provide Webinars and other opportunities for training.
Pros
Flexible hours and above average pay
Most freedom I've had for a job.
Search Quality Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMay 7, 2017
Very interesting work at home job. I've been working through the company for about 8 years now on and off. The only instability has been due to my own lack of time management up until recently. I couldn't ask for a whole lot more to have as much freedom as I do at a job. I cannot stress the importance of managing your time well however. It is easy to get sidetracked when you don't have a mandatory schedule.
Pros
Pay, Working from home, Interesting, Easy
Cons
Time Management, part-time work
review
Test Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 13, 2017
not enough to promote or raise salary at all. is really hard. Culture wise is good. very good people to work with. good team lunches and everything is good.
Pros
fexible
Cons
salary
Good jumping off point
Digital Marketing & Lead Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 16, 2017
As one of my first positions post graduating it was a great experience. I was working with a good team on first lead development and then was able to transition into more online marketing related tasks.
working is flexible and the management is efficient
Freelance Interpreter/Translator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 14, 2017
Working with this company is flexible and the management is efficient and responsive. The training provided is very useful and comprehensive. The material provided is sufficient.
Un fraude: no pagan
Voice data collection (Former Employee) –  MéxicoFebruary 23, 2017
Nunca me pagaron, ni siquiera respondieron mis mensajes, enviados a diversos encargados, durante un mes, donde solicitaba aclaración de mi pago. Dijeron pagarían con una tarjeta de regalo de Starbucks, Amazon o Zara, equivalente aproximadamente a $450 (pesos mexicanos), nunca me la enviaron. Después me llegó otra oferta de trabajo en la misma actividad, y un email más reclamando mi seriedad para confirmar o descartar mi participación, que poca vergüenzaEs un fraude.
Pros
Ninguno
Cons
No pagan.
Good Second job to have
Interpreter/Translator (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 8, 2017
Good Source of Additional income. It is good if you want to choose your own hours and amount you want to make.
It pays in the long run but it is not steady.
Good Flexibility
Marketing Coordinator (Client Engagement Lead) (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 9, 2017
Great flexibility but no advancement. Busy work schedule and great leadership. This is a good entry level management job for young professionals. Stressful clients.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Advancement
Good part-time job
Internet Assessor (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 3, 2017
Very flexible part-time work with decent pay. I learned a lot about assessing internet search results. The continued unpaid training was frustrating sometimes, but worth it.
Unstable job with uninvolved management
General Tester (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 4, 2016
Never spoke to or saw my shift lead outside of the times she was looking to make sure no one was on their phone. Job is very easy but everyone is very lazy and takes a lot of shortcuts to get the job done. Odd hours.
Fun and fast paced work environment
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 15, 2016
I volunteered for 1 year at this business, and it was a blast. I had tried to apply before, but was always a bit too late. If you've got extensive knowledge of comic books and TCG's, live in the camas/vancouver areas, this is a fun job to have!
They use to pay more
Data Entry Keyer (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 9, 2016
I use to do this job before i was technically old enough to sign up on the website. back then it was called keyforcash. after i finally turned 18 they are paying pennyies. it's ok if you have free time and want some pocket money. Nothing to bank as far as making a livable wage.
Pros
work whenever you want
Cons
there isnt always work available when your're available
Fun and knowledgeable
Software Test Associate (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 3, 2016
I had the pleasure of learning the procedures for running daily and weekly tests cases on various devices and software. The hardest part of the job was not knowing how to do the work when I first started. Fortunately, I had a few experienced professionals showing me how things were done, so I was able to pick up on everything fairly quickly. By my second week, I was able to perform the majority of the work on my own and only needed to confirm a few steps for some of the more difficult tasks. It has been really fun and knowledgeable thus far.
Cons
Contract
Poor management drags...
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJune 22, 2016
Lionbridge is a global talent recruiting company managed by deal brokers who care very little for the employees under their contract. All they are concerned with is maintaining the contract with the company who hired them. There is no voice for the worker, no feedback is ever acted upon. What is more frustrating is the onsite managers are all former employees of the company who hired Lionbridge! They claim there are limits as to what the hiring company can and cannot do to Lionbridge employees but it is simply not true. The hiring company dictates to Lionbridge everything it wants to and Lionbridge bows down to their every command. This leaves Lionbridge with no direction and no ability to actually manage employees for the future as they are constantly changing the scope of their involvement to suit the whims of "insert-name-here" manager from the hiring company. With this business philosophy, Lionbridge will never attain long lasting business partnerships and will leave many unemployed in their wake.
Pros
Working with the employees of the hiring company (HP Corvallis) was enjoyable. Benefits got better
Cons
Poor wages, spineless management, no ability to plan for the future, lazy headhunter
Work was fine; co-workers not so much
COMPUTER/ PRINTER PROGRAMMER/TESTER (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 19, 2016
The work was fine. Ii learned a lot and was able to do quite a lot of work. However, the other co-workers were not ideal and some even bordered on harassing. There was also a very bad leaving experience that made them look very bad on their part, especially since they were in the wrong.
Pros
The actual work
Cons
Co-worker's; management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lionbridge. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8