Lions Eye Institute for Transplant and Research Employee Reviews

Great Company Great Mission
Management (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2017
LEITR is a great company providing a valuable service to donor families and recipients. Working in the field of Eye Donation and Transplant is extremely rewarding.
Pros
Good work life balance / Great people
Cons
Company is growing and experiencing growing pains
There are other places to work, please avoid this one.
Donor Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 18, 2017
It is an awful place to work, you do not get any lunch breaks or 15 minute breaks like all other jobs. Very fast paced, high intensity environment. There is absolutely no room for advancement, They do not promote from within. They hire people with little to no experience in their managerial staff which makes things even more frustrating. Over worked and underpaid is how I can best sum up my experience at this place.
Pros
You can get a pay check.
Cons
Honestly, everything about this place.
Under appreciated, Management is Horrible
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 2, 2017
I would never em recommend this company as an employment option. They could care less about their workers, pay for little for the volume of work. No breaks, no real compensation. Very stressful work environment as management is horrible. Work environment is even poor with lack of fresh air in a little closed room. Insulation coming out the ceiling. Need I say more?
Good Pay
Donor Services Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 27, 2017
The job starts out at a decent wage for beginners. High volume, high stress. They operate 24/7 so nights, weekends and holidays are expected. When I worked there, it was 8-12 hour days. You have to be self motivated, extremely high work load. Must show discretion as you work with confidential information.
Great staff to work with
Transplant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 8, 2017
Ever changing workplace. Changes happens on a day to day basis. Great staff to work with. Hard work but also rewarding at the same time. To be part of a team that is saving someones eye sight can be very self fulfilling.
Recovery Coordinator
Ocular Transplant Recovery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 3, 2017
Job is great when its busy and you can actually perform more then 1 recovery per day. No room to move up in the company. Higher up positions are hard to get. People that have worked there 8 years end up getting pushed out of the company. No Hoilday pay or PTO for recovery coordinators.
They are a stellar institue
Ocular Recovery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 4, 2015
The local office did not have an established client base and therefore I was called to drive to Tampa each week and stay there for my work week every week. Other than that I loved this institute.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center – Jacksonville FL
Branch Supervisor/PRN (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 29, 2014
St. Vincent’s Medical Center is a general medical and surgical hospital in Orange Park, FL and has been recognized for performing at the level of nationally ranked facilities as recognized by U.S. News.
Responsible for preparing the operating room for surgical procedures and supplying surgical instruments and sterile supplies to surgeons and assistants.
Productive, lifechanging opportunity
Donor Service Coordinator- Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 8, 2014
I have learned so much while working for this organization. A typical day beings with screening potential donors, keeping constant communication with hospitals, co-workers and also families. My co-workers were very helpful, knowledgeable, and self driven, The hardest part of this job was approaching a family at their lowest point, during their grieving and asking for a donation. When those families would consent and give a gift that could possibly restore sight to two other individuals... that was best daily accomplishment.
Pros
Being a crucial instrument to restoring sight
Cons
New mangament not familiar with employee's needs.
There are better places to work...
DSC (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2013
-The hours are horrible (12 hour days)
- Management is a joke- I was there for 4 1/2 years and had 5 Supervisors
- The raises are horrible
- When someone calls off...they expect you to come in and cover the shift. Forget about your family...they don't care! And if you don't come in..the Supervisor calls and texts you relentlessly to make you feel guilty so that you come in.
- A Employee actually passed away because she was sick at work..and no one (even the Supervisor) would come in an relieve her so that she could go to the ER. She passed away the following day. This person had a lot of health problems, but we'll never know if she'd still be here today if she was relieved from work and would have had the chance to go to the ER.
- This Organization makes you "fear" on a daily basis of losing your job.
- They are ALWAYS short staffed! For as much time as I spent there the organization was NEVER staffed properly
* THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THIS ORGANIZATION IS THE CEO-- He is THE MAN! *
Fast paced, working enviroment. Minimule supervision.
Donor services coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 28, 2013
Work 3 12 hour day one week. 4 12 hour days the next. I work the night shift 7pm to 7am. When I get to work, the day shift may have some cases for me to follow up on, or dispatches for my night coordinators to recover on. Log into the computer. The referrals from the OPO come to me by either fax or email. Enter them into the computer. Begin screening cases and calling families. From time to time we may have a shared case. Have to coordinate when we can make our recovery after Organ or Tissue have completed their recover. Learned the meaning of alot of medical terms, and medications. Calling Families in the middle of the night can be the hardest. Most enjoyable is giving comfort to familes by giving them the chance to donate.
Pros
a lot of time off. built in ot every pay check. healthcare paid for.
Cons
have to eat at your desk. hard to get vacation time okayed. familes that yell at you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lions Eye Institute for Transplant and Research. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3