Lipari Foods Employee Reviews

The money is good, but not for all the bs you have to put up with.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 11, 2017
I worked there for about a month in a half, as an order selector, started off at $17hr, which is cool, but after training they bumped you up to peace pay, basically commission pay, I myself would have rather stayed salary based, you basically get paid on how many cases you pull an hour, if you didn't meet their standards as far as pulling a certain amount of cases an hour they would let you go, at the blink of an eye. very physical and demanding job, very long hours, you can basically give up on your social life, the managers think they can talk to you any kind of way, very rude, and unorganized most of the time, also the employees, very rude not all of them but most. With the long hours, and rude managers and employees, I realized it wasn't the place for me.
Pros
Pay, when you start, but not a big fan of the peace pay idea, just me.
Cons
Unorganized, not an healthy working environment, long hours
Job helped pay bills
driver (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILFebruary 2, 2017
Expected to break your back breaking down 10 foot tall pallets of food and try to explain to customers why your late and there food is damaged. Management never helped out drivers and always lied to customers why we were late.
Pros
Cons
pushed to work fast
Terrible conpany to work for
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 24, 2017
This is a God awful company to work for. They suck you in by telling you in the interviews that starting pay is $17/ hr Sunday-thursday if you work the afternoon shift, with an average of a 10 hour day. What they don't tell you about is the 3 month period of 15-22 hour days 5 days a week. Paychecks are constantly incorrect and being shorted. Some of the worst coworkers I've ever met on the floor, office and inventory employees are the laziest, most useless people I've ever seen, employee parking is a joke. I would not recommend anyone work for this company
Pros
Starting hourly rate of $17/hr
Cons
"Peace pay" shift hours, employees, managment
A good first job
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 19, 2016
Certain jobs are better than others at this employeer. Some postitions are treated with respect while others are not.

Great place to first start off at if you are looking for expierence but not a place you want to make a career at.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Treated poorly by Owners
Overworked & Underpaid.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 2, 2016
Short breaks, frequently work 12 hrs. Employees don't hands before handling candy. Hairs found in food & candy. Rude msnagement also could care less about employees. Run!
Pros
Cons
Dirty environment, rude management, long hrs.
Hard work but good pay
Former Driver/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 2, 2016
If you like dealing with people, working a Monday thru Friday schedule and don't mind physical labor associated with breaking down pallets while delivering food with a pallet jack or two wheel dolley then this is a great place to work. Pay is fair for the work involved. Advancement opportunities do come available
I started out as a floater driver then moved to Supervisor within 2 years due to acquisitions. Contrary to the previous review, management IS just a phone call away if needed no matter the time of day. Routing issues do occur but most times it is due to unforeseen issues during the day. All in all a good place to work if you don't mind a fair days work for a fair days pay and have decent people skills.
Pros
Schedule, Money
Cons
Can be labor intensive but food service is
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 30, 2016
Good pay, good benefits, local, home nightly, family owned, growing company, loads cold be built better and communication between management and drivers is lacking.
Productive and fun workplace
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 30, 2016
I enjoy working for Lipari because everyone there is there to work their hardest. I have found many team players along the way with some of my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting big orders and packing them as quickly as possible.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, great team environment
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, need better management with coaching skills
productive, and VERY fast paced
forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIOctober 11, 2016
long 8 hour shifts of standing on a hilo and moving pallets and merchandise and rotating the merchandise to make sure every product is freshly pulled, would be considered a typical day at lipari. what i learned from working for lipari is productivity is crucial for any business to succeed, i learned how to drive a stand up hilo, and i also learned that what you give is what you get.

my management is almost never seen on the floor mostly due to them being in their offices in the other building. In the building i work in there is almost never a supervisor/ manager in sight unless someone is messing up really bad. my co-workers are admittingly very short -tempered because it can get pretty competitive and chaotic in this workplace and thus the reason im seeking other employment, also to follow my dream job. the hardest part about my job is most definitely trying to hit the quota of 15 moves an hour, ive come extremley close on some days but it gets so chaotic in the workplace its hard to hit the numbers.
Pros
compensation
Very Cool place to work
Quality Inspector, Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MISeptember 10, 2016
Its a busy atmosphere but a cool place to work, its hard a make friends at the work place because your always busy. Work place stays pretty cleanas well
Just a number
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 26, 2016
The harder you work the more money you make its that simple. The most I made in that job during the busiest day is $2000 a week. But, once you know how to work they will try hard to get rid of you. And that's what happened to me. I got fired for eating a jelly worm while working. Get ready this job isn't a joke. I see a lot of people come and go.
Pros
Pay
Cons
They will get rid of you watch
Lipari Foods
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work started with grabbing your headset and stretching just preparing for the day. once work started everyone would walk to the machine and grab their orders. within this wait everyone would talk about their day and current events really felt like everyone was friends. then you would work hard for 2 and a half hours then a break. within this break everyone would let everyone know their numbers they pulled so far and some would even race to see who could pull the most cases in a day. Then another 2 and a half hours then lunch where everyone would go upstairs and conversate about whats anything then break every other 2 and a half hours until work got out.
Coworkers were so disrespectful, management did nothing
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 12, 2016
The most frustrating thing about this job was the management did nothing about the rude and disrespectful coworkers. Also you had to be able to life heavy totes and setup a large amount of binders yourself, which isn't in the job description. They just have you do it with no warning. And there is no set time to be off work. If anyone made an error we all had to stay behind and find the error. Which could take HOURS after your suppose to be off.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Poor management, no set time to be off
good money and benefits. long hours
Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILMarch 22, 2016
Lipari offers drivers the chance to make good money, as long as you don't want to have a life outside of work. In 2014 I made over 70,000. 11 to 12 hour days are the norm, with 14 and sometimes more hours frequent. You NEVER get a day off. When you have a holiday off you have to work the following Saturday to make up for it. Only one paid sick day per year. Cost of insurance and other benefits was reasonable when I worked there (mid 2012 to early 2015). Management is not very responsive to employee wishes or needs.
Pros
money, benefits, decent equipment
Cons
LONG hours, HORRIBLE work life balance. very little regard to employee needs
This place sucks!
Hi-Lo Driver (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 10, 2016
One of the worst places i have ever worked! Management does not care about your concerns and will replace you in a heartbeat. Extremely high turnover and they will lie about pay. Even if you work over they will cut your check under 40 hours. No lunch and no room for an advancement.
Pros
Employees were cool because we all felt the same pain.
Cons
Rude management, no job security, no advancement oppourtunities, lies about pay
Inventory Control/Returns (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 6, 2015
Learned how to use scanner and ride on pallet jacks my manager was a hot head co workers were friendly hardest part was going in the freezer but the rest was easy
Pros
Free lunches once in a while
Cons
couldnt leave on lunch break
want to be treated as a number?
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJuly 27, 2015
if you want to be treated as a number and that you are replaceable, then this is the place for you. Horrible communication from management. They mask their "competitive pay" by raping you with constant insurance hikes and premiums. and the hourly wage is a farce when you are kicked out the door after 35 hours for 6 months out of the year. No raises for hourly except every 5 years. Doesn't matter if you have been there 20 minutes or 20 years, they treat everyone poorly. If you get hurt on the job they fire you as soon as you return to work. They repackage frozen seafood which has expired into boxes with new dates. And put chocolate coating on expired confection because "it adds 6 months to the shelf life". I won't even shop where they supply too.
Account Assistant Manager
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Maumee OHJune 30, 2015
I have done everything from training on new programs in stores to making sales pitches to the Anderson's corporate buyers. Handled all administrative duties for the 10,000 products Anderson's purchased from us.
excellent place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 3, 2015
I enjoyed the people and the environment that Lipari provided. Management was excellent and the company is growing and a leader in the industry.
Drama High
Shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  UsaJanuary 4, 2015
If you want to go back to high school and experience the drama of the he said she said atmosphere then this is the place for you. From the very first day while being trained all my trainer did was complain about the company as a whole then complain about all of his fellow co-workers.

You are expected to drive a set of doubles from your depot to warren Michigan Sun. thru Thurs. bring back all returns and any back hauls picked up by the route driver during the day. Your compensation is so much a mile depending on your location the further away from warren the less you'll be paid. You also have to expect to transfer pallets from one trailer to the next using busted pallets jacks and excessively large pallets. Most of the time alone.

You'll will be subject to working extra days to make up for any holidays they give you. this is non negotiable it will happen or you'll not be paid for the holiday. Holiday pay is a flat rate not what you earn while working. Since you're paid mileage there is a 2 hrs detention wait before you get paid for any delays. Good luck collecting it you'll have to prove it wasn't your fault and still won't be good enough.

You're expected to make the trek to warren despite any weather conditions. Safety comes last whether They say it isn't or not. They will constantly overload your trailer and the weight sheet never matches the manifest. If you are stuck in bad weather you instructed to shut down and punch out. Then you will be stranded until they see fit to come and get you. We had drivers on more than one occasion strand in frigid weather for over
  more... 9 hrs before they were picked up.

So if you thrive on being treated like dirt and enjoy being pressured and threatened to do it or else mentality than this is the place for you. Oh yeah before I forget. They don't pay your local taxes if your city requires it because Michigan don't. They don't tell you this up front but you'll find out the hard way. =)
Pros
Decent benifits
Cons
Not being paid for what expected to be done. Fight for your money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lipari Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6