Lipari Foods

Lipari Foods Employee Reviews

Account Assistant Manager
Account Manager (Former Employee), Maumee OHJune 30, 2015
I have done everything from training on new programs in stores to making sales pitches to the Anderson's corporate buyers. Handled all administrative duties for the 10,000 products Anderson's purchased from us.
excellent place to work
Sales (Former Employee), Warren, MIApril 3, 2015
I enjoyed the people and the environment that Lipari provided. Management was excellent and the company is growing and a leader in the industry.
Drama High
Shuttle driver (Former Employee), UsaJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: decent benifits
Cons: not being paid for what expected to be done. fight for your money.
If you want to go back to high school and experience the drama of the he said she said atmosphere then this is the place for you. From the very first day while being trained all my trainer did was complain about the company as a whole then complain about all of his fellow co-workers.

You are expected to drive a set of doubles from your depot to warren Michigan Sun. thru Thurs. bring back all returns – more... and any back hauls picked up by the route driver during the day. Your compensation is so much a mile depending on your location the further away from warren the less you'll be paid. You also have to expect to transfer pallets from one trailer to the next using busted pallets jacks and excessively large pallets. Most of the time alone.

You'll will be subject to working extra days to make up for any holidays they give you. this is non negotiable it will happen or you'll not be paid for the holiday. Holiday pay is a flat rate not what you earn while working. Since you're paid mileage there is a 2 hrs detention wait before you get paid for any delays. Good luck collecting it you'll have to prove it wasn't your fault and still won't be good enough.

You're expected to make the trek to warren despite any weather conditions. Safety comes last whether They say it isn't or not. They will constantly overload your trailer and the weight sheet never matches the manifest. If you are stuck in bad weather you instructed to shut down and punch out. Then you will be stranded until they see fit to come and get you. We had drivers on more than one occasion strand in frigid weather for over 9 hrs before they were picked up.

So if you thrive on being treated like dirt and enjoy being pressured and threatened to do it or else mentality than this is the place for you. Oh yeah before I forget. They don't pay your local taxes if your city requires it because Michigan don't. They don't tell you this up front but you'll find out the hard way. =) – less
Fun work place fast pace team work
Machine Operator/Food Processor (Former Employee), Warren, MIDecember 29, 2014
Pros: pay less for our food
Cons: could not take any home
A typical day at work moveing at a fast pace geting the work done in a team work group i learned how to do more than one thing at one time an thing get done faster with teamwork my co-workers were very nice the hardest part of the job was mixing trailmix but i love when we made thems for diffrent things
Hard work but pay is awesome!
Order Picker (Former Employee), Warren, MISeptember 5, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, managers
Cons: its cold and worked nights
During my time at Lipari, I didn't think it was a bad job. The managers were firm but fair and I got along with most of the guys.

I was paid by how many pieces I picked. There was times where i got to the bin and there was no product and I got slowed down. But the supervisors were always there to help.

When I was there, I hated the cold but I knew that was the job.

Overall good place to work. would go back if I wanted to work nights.
bad company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Warren, MIJuly 24, 2014
Dont work here.. not a good company to work for management is horrible and the night shift manager is rude and inconsiderate
Face paced enviroment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Warren, MIMarch 20, 2014
my typical day at work very cold enviroment very hard working place to work at. I have learn on how to ride jacks and work different machines. Management was sum what helpful to a point and my co workers were very helpful and was team leaders. I think the hardest part of my job was adapt to the cold enviroment being sometimes 20/ below. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help others and being a leader.
management will stab you in the back in a minute
hilo driver (Former Employee), warren michFebruary 2, 2014
Cons: management
Lipari is a horrible place to work for if you say that you love your job there your a liar
negative environment but enjoyed my dutys as a whole
lumper (Former Employee), Warren, MIJanuary 29, 2014
come in separate packaged loads , break down into smaller pallets
manager never talked to laborers.
co-workers of mine were decent
hardest part was socks getting wet in a temperature controlled environment.
the most enjoyable part was there was usually allways something different to do.
Fun Self-motivation a must
Sales Representative for C-store sales (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJanuary 23, 2014
Great job-good company.
Company is growing and If you are hungry this food company will give you the opportunity to make money.
Dont work here unless you wanna work 12-13 hours a day and not get paid for them
Driver (Former Employee), Warren, MIJanuary 14, 2014
Cons: they dont care about drivers or their families
This was the most unprofessional company ive ever worked for. I dont know how anybody in there right mind would wanna work here. I made the mistake and it was the worst 3 months of my life! 1st they dont pay by the hour they pay by case, so if your working 12, 13, 14 hours aday as i did, you dont get paid for it, and the cases you deliver does not add up, it equals out if you add it up to $11 an hour, and you bust your but everyday and you dont get paid for how hard you work,you start from 430-6 am, get paid every 2 weeks, THIS PLACE SUCKS DO NOT WORK HERE, YOU'LL REGRET IT, I PROMISE YOU THAT!
Worst job I've ever had, absolutely terrible.
Manager (Former Employee), Warren, MIDecember 18, 2013
Pros: you have the right to go elsewhere.
Cons: just about everything.
Nightmare. This is where marginally talented people land. The people who stay, in my opinion, are simply not highly desirable employees. This place treats people worse than any organization I've ever seen. I've never seen a business so easy to lie to their employees. I've never seen management so distrustful of it's employees. There is such an uneasy culture there; everyone seems to hate working there, nobody trusts anyone else and scapegoating seems to be a job requirement.
Fast Paced workplace with no lunch break and mandatory overtime
Night Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Warren, MIDecember 11, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: everything else
Worst place I ever worked for. Management is probably the worst in history. Expect to work mandatory overtime everyday for 10 out of the 12 months a year. Expect to get two twenty minute breaks that also counts against your productivity. Expect to work all holidays even Christmas and New Years.
very fast pace enviornment
order selector (Former Employee), Warren, MISeptember 5, 2013
i loved this job, layed off for too many workers. working in a deli pulling cases on a pallet jack made by Crown, also pulling orders in a freezer from time to time.
dont care about the drivers or custemers.
driver (Current Employee), usaApril 15, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: dont respect drivers as people
this place don't care about the drivers. just had a funeral for my daughter and what support did I get from them? none. the only call was to say sorry and ask when I waas coming back to work. how cold. my wifes employer was going to shut down for the funeral if needed. the company my 21 year old worked for for 3 days set up a memorial fund in her name and wasvery well represented by owner and management. who did I see from lipari no one. all they care about is how uch more can we put on trucks. not about what products look like when driver shows up at the custemer. then the driver gets told that things are all crushed and broken. why.

April 25, 2013

Sad story... A high level company will always acknowledge a death in an employees family. Move on, Lipari is low level, you'll be better off. I wasted five productive years of my life there with nothing to show regarding professional development and advancement. I had to leave to save my sanity, the mediocre management amazed me with their ignorance and shortsighted attitude towards the employees in the trenches...

Could care less about any employee not in management.
Customer product facilitator (Former Employee), Warren MIMarch 11, 2013
Upon my resignation I had 72 hours of accrued vacation pay owed to me. Company paid out 6 hours, tried to get an answer on remaining 66 hours, no response. Had to file a claim with labor wage, hours department with the State of Michigan to get the other 66 hours. Very unprofessional company.
Worst place to work for!!
N/A (Former Employee), N/AFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
This company by far is the worst to work for. They have drivers that been with the company for a long time and recently dropped their pay dramatically. Barely making a little more then the new drivers that recently started. I mean by like $50/wk. These older drivers worked their tails off to climb up the ladder to make more money and earned every penny. And me being new I dont think its fair. And they – more... pay gets dropped by over $30,000 a year. They were getting paid by cases and miles. All that dropped to so was forced to make a decision on staying on cases and miles or get pd $200/day which is salary. If you go salary then they put more cases on you. But I am sure if you pick cases/miles pay they would have dropped that dramitcally so either way you are screwed by the company. The managers are liars and if they find out you are looking for another job or if another job calls about reference for you they will find some way to fire you. But to me people always want to better themselves not stay at bottom. All the company is concerned about is no one but themselves and screw everyone else. – less
sucks
driver (Former Employee), warrenJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: good pay/insurance
Cons: everything else
If u want to move non stop and get good pay while management is constantly on you over stupid stuff then good place to work. 10 years working there and just a number. Your opinions/input mean nothing. Germany in the 40s was a more enjoyable place. Would never recommend this place to anyone.
not a great place to work
truck driver and sales (Former Employee), Cadillac miJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
Worked at lipari foods for ten years the pay is fair but other then that I have absolutely nothing good to say about this company.
Not a bad company
Shuttle Driver/ Route Driver (Current Employee), Warren, MINovember 8, 2012
Alot of changes, manger seem to be stressed out and company does not listen to drivers.

Lipari Foods Salaries