Lipscomb University Employee Reviews

Relaxed yet productive workplace
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 1, 2018
I work part-time in a flexible role. Average days may include assisting in the following areas: preparation of laboratory work spaces for academic labs, chemical database management (reporting relevant changes in inventory to supervisor), prepared lab sample(s)/procedure quality control (especially relevant for novel/experimental lab procedures), independent research projects, diagnostic chemical instrument use/maintenance, teaching academic labs, post-lab sanitation/cleaning, drafting and editing educational and research manuscripts as requested, and other miscellaneous tasks relevant to a laboratory technician. In my role as chemistry lab tech, I have been able to reinforce and expand on lab skills originally learned through undergraduate coursework in chemistry and its related fields. Workplace culture is friendly and collaborative. Lab professors and students are frequently consulted regarding their needs and preferences. Hours as they relate to my position are very flexible. Difficulties encountered are usually a result of procedural fallacy (either in preparation or execution), chemical contamination (however, chemicals are prepared and set out in ways that are designed to minimize this risk), unforeseen spillage, etc. The staff and faculty that I work with are all very friendly and approachable. This is necessary to create memorable and enjoyable student lab experiences.
Pros
flexible hours, friendly environment
Cons
no benefits as a result of part-time employment, too much downtime
Great University
Finance and Economics tutoring (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 1, 2018
Great opportunity to work on campus as a full-time student athlete. Very relaxed atmosphere with flexible hours to accommodate for varying schedules. Friendly and approachable staff
I loved my job at Lipscomb
Thank-You Note Writer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 27, 2017
Working in donor relations was a great job for a first time college student. The hours were very flexible and it was great to be able to have the opportunity to reach out to those who were giving to the university.
Workplace
GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 13, 2017
Fun at times. Very disorganized. I wish communication was better on their end. The events are worth the stress from the cons. Management could use training and or go in a different direction.
Easy, slow paced reception job
High Rise Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 16, 2017
Most of the time, there was nothing to do. So I would work on homework or other tasks that I had to complete during my work hours. Management was very easy to get along with.
Relaxed with little advancement opportunity
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 20, 2017
Relaxed with little advancement opportunity. If you are looking for minimal responsibility and ownership, this is the right place to work. It could be a phenomenal job, but the lack of leadership is very discouraging.
Great place to work as a student
Student Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 14, 2017
I worked in Admissions as a student recruiter and LOVED my time in this office. They understood that I was a student first, but I was still held responsible for weekly tasks and tours.
Pros
Great boss
Not bad, but eh.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville TNMay 11, 2017
Wonderful staff and mostly excellent faculty. Upper administration NOT supportive of people in lower positions. President has unrealistic expectations.
Pros
Very supportive Staff culture, Excellent student experience and service
Cons
HUGE sense of disconnect between upper administration and staff, NOT attentive to needs or suggestions from ground level.
Generally ok atmosphere
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 7, 2017
More about who you know over what you can do. Most people are generally nice and live by their values. Few of the shot callers are who they say they are.
Great atmosphere and great people
Head Women's Golf Coach (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 8, 2017
Working as a golf coach at Lipscomb is wonderful. The people are phenomenal, the atmosphere is fun, and there is great communication in meetings, etc.
A good university with good opportunites.
Audio Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 5, 2016
I was charged with recording concerts performed by students, faculty, and friends of the Lipscomb Music Department. It was a good experience.
Great Bosses
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Music DepartmentJuly 18, 2016
Had a great time working with some really talented people. I got to help out with various classes and learned how to become a better teacher.
Good place
Graduate Admissions Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 9, 2016
Great place to work and to go to school.

Great people that really care about the students.

I would stay there forever if it payed well.
Office Student Worker for University Donor Relations
Concessions Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 6, 2015
In charge of opening and closing stands. Responsible for recording inventory and sale transactions as well as handling all cash for the stands and managing employees while stands are open.

Wrote and carried out office tasks such as making informational packets, writing notes and memos for the Office of Donor Relations.
Wonderful work enviroment
Campus Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 18, 2015
Perform safety patrols to ensure physical security on campus. Assist all individuals on campus. Maintain order during campus events such as athletic events, or alumni gatherings.
Pros
No day is exactly the same
Cons
No guarenteed breaks
Fun
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 20, 2015
Great, welcoming, college campus with a wonderful Christian environment. Very challenging coursework that lets you really get involved in your community.
Friendly Christian Environment
Associate Director of Administration (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 19, 2015
Great university to work for. Everyone is friendly and management is organized and gives clear directions and expectations.
Pros
Christian Environment
Great Private University
VP AND CIO (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 10, 2015
Great Christian Institution of Higher Learning, offering bachelors degrees through doctoral degrees. Working here is very enjoyable. I have a great staff and enjoy coming to work each day. I also teach graduate computer science and healthcare informatics management courses, which I really enjoy.
Pros
Higher Education issues are a great challenge
Cons
Compensation is not comparable to industry or other businesses
Supportive, understanding
Student Helpdesk Worker (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 29, 2015
I learned a lot about how to work, and what to do while here. The managers where very understanding, and willing to help me adjust, and learn.
Pros
Flexable hours, Great coworkers and manegment
Cons
Low pay
Exciting work enviornment
Director of Sports Programming and Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville,TNJanuary 15, 2015
I had an opportunity to take over the radio station at Lipscomb University. I created our sports programming and continued to strive to make each broadcast better than the last. I have managed up to eleven students for each broadcast.