Liquid Environmental Solutions Employee Reviews

Friendly workplace with temperamental software
Freelance Data Entry and Verification (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 5, 2015
I would be called in a few days ahead of time to do data entry when there was an overwhelming amount, typically toward the end of the month. My coworkers were very affable, the software that I was using to do my work was notorious within the office so there was some sense of appreciation from them that the work was being done. I used a build of software that was still in the process of being customized to the company so there were still some processes that didn't work right, and a few outright bugs(in fact, in my first round of work with them I was able to catch a bug in the system that switched the manifest numbers of invoiced tasks which affected the final invoice involving those tasks). I gained some crucial experience with corporate software, working directly with Citrix and GP, and indirectly with a SQL database(the structure of which I had been unfamiliar with).
Pros
flexible schedule, friendly coworkers, felt like the work was appreciated
Cons
work wasn't guaranteed, software could be frustrating, somewhat rote work
Horrible Management-Extremely Negative
Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2013
Mass management defection to a competitor company resulted in the hiring of new Houston Plant management. The new Plant Supervisor runs around the plant all day long complaining and swearing about the company and ruining employee morale.This must be his first management job because he treats the plant operators like second class citizens with constant criticism and zero positive contact whatsoever.He talks about firing co-workers frequently.A harassment suit is surely in this companies future compliments of him.The DM and his Superior seem like the decent type.The place runs like a ship lost at sea in the dark and fog.Understaffed with high turnover and incompetence.Deplorable conditions.Nasty hateful environment.If they fired the current Plant Supervisor both morale and production would be boosted a whole bunch.
Pros
the plant operators are good people, and if you work there you will never work harder trying to find a different job !
Cons
employee morale due to the plant supervisor

Comment – October 8, 2014

I worked there. They are racists. Whites rule the company. All else are trash in management eyes.

Co-workers make up for below average pay and management downfalls
National Account Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 30, 2012
LES is horribly understaffed. Most employees are handling 2-3 times what a work load should be for one person, and they are being paid far less than the average salary for their work.

I spent the majority of my time putting out fires, instead of being proactive. There were very few standard procedures in place. So, there was little organization.

Another sour note: the PTO. I had to be on payroll for 6 months before I could even START ACRUING PTO. I had to work almost a full year (11 months) before I could take a short, 3-day vacation.

I learned how to juggle multiple high-priorities and how to change focus quickly when priorities shifted.

The hardest part of the job was apologizing to customers for the mistakes of others, expecially when I had to apologize to the same customer for the same problem on multiple occasions.

This was the most stressful job I have ever had.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
low pay, long hours, little pto

Comment – November 26, 2012

dishoest no integrity management stole money from drivers to make hers bottom line look good for her bouns but was the ones who got fired

Productive workplace with helpful employees and supervisors
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2012
A typical workday at Liquid Environmental Solutions consisted of performing test and analysis using various laboratory equipment. I learned all the necessary skills to set up and maintain a typical scientific laboratory. The management was very helpful and provided all the necessary training to accurately perform my job responsiblities. My co-workers were very team oriented. The hardest part of the job was having to continuously work on the ICP, because it didn't seem to work properly on several occasions. Once the lab recieved a new ICP, everything went smoothly. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in scientific environment. I love science, therefore I was passionate about my job.
Pros
lab manager trained very well
Cons
not enough opportunities for advancement
Terrible Place.
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  SecretOctober 29, 2015
Senior exc have no clue what is going on, nor do they really care. The bottom line was always $$. I started up two new divisions and was let go because an FST filed a complaint that was not true, and the company never investigated to find out facts. They are paper pushers. No training ever, threw you in and said good luck. If you file a complaint you can bet you will be dismissed if that complaint don't fit their plans. Very, very bad company. Driver turn over is about every 90 days. They are constantly changing things that lead to driver scheduling unsatisfactory and bad morale. You can't tell corporate anything because they only see $$ and don't care about their employees.
Pros
New trucks
Cons
Employee relations, communication from corporate to divisions
This place is nothing but a paycheck,one of the worst companies I ever worked for!!
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2014
Typical work day is pretty much doing the work of two people. Management could careless then they lie to you and say there going to hire more people which is a joke!Then because there so understaffed they keep switching schedules around and they don't care if you have ever worked these odd end hours in your life,if you have a family and kids don't plan on seeing them much! The pay is seriously pathetic!Management could seriously careless about you!You will never work harder finding another job while your here!Plus your so called insurance takes half your check!
Pros
most of the other coworkers are pretty good to get along with.
Cons
low pay, long hours, poor management and being overworked
Weak VP's can't make decisoins
Office (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 2, 2013
The VP's can't make any decisions and they second guess themselves and you. They are always in meetings and still don't make any decisions. The employees are not valued. Lots and lots of people get laid off, quit or get fired. The benefits get worse each year. The raises were 5 months late in getting paid, if you got one at all. HR thought it was funny the raises were late. CFO said they couldn't afford to pay them but they keep going on management trips anyway. They can't even put in the new computer system after working on it for several years probably because they can't make a decision on how to do it. Good co-workers but at a company that is struggling to survive.
Cons
clueless management, do not promote from within, commissions
Avoid this place if you can
Sales (Former Employee) –  Irving, TexasNovember 25, 2012
Since the company's inception turn over has been well over half every year.
There is no accountability for those who do not work because its up to the good employees to burn themselves out picking up the slack for everyone else. Labor laws are non existent and don't even think of submitting a sexual harrasment or work complaint as they will not even be documented. Anything stated to management will be the work gossip topic tomorrow. Nothing is sacred here. It's really sad to see just how far the management here have run this company to the ground. No advancement unless you're the personal friend of someone who manages there.
Pros
nice people
Cons
everything else
management great
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 29, 2015
long hours average 12 hour days but management can be flexable. Pressure to complete routes but not a bad place to work. Typical day would be 6 to 8 jobs to be complete in the DFW region somewould be a little further but enough time to complete jobs.Learned just do your job everything else with take care of itself. Hardest part of the job the scheduling can be inconsistent not make much sense but can be completed. Most enjoyable is simply riding by yourself. You are pretty much your own boss.
Pros
bonuses can be good those are consistent
Cons
culture\
horrible company
plant proccessor (Current Employee) –  chicago illinoisNovember 23, 2012
Long hours low pay. Management isn't good its like squeezing blood out of a turnip. Benefits are the worst i have ever saw. Heavy work load and the place stays under staffed. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. Really the only good thing is the co-workers but the people they have for management shouldn't be in those positions. They also play favouritism. No room for advancement.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
bad company as a whole
Drivers work for peanuts
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 30, 2014
It's a good truck driving job if you like working long hours and smell like chicken poo poo all the time and being compensated with peanuts. While the management works 8 hours gets all the credit does nothing and makes all the money.
Pros
"peanuts" for long hours
Cons
chicken poo poo
Good company to work for
Wastewater Treatment Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 11, 2013
Great benefits. Off most weekends and all holidays. Good support from management. Team workplace. However this was a dirty job like mike rowe would feature on his discovery channel show called Dirty Jobs.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
dirty job
No where to go in my position, I am hoping that a new door will be opened for me.
Safety and Compliance Coordinator/Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 6, 2013
The workers were great to be around. Productively busy with Safety and Compliance.
Pros
working with the executives when they came to town.
Cons
not many changes happened.
Poor culture, poor compensation, poor management, poor career opportunity
Sales (Current Employee)August 31, 2011
I would not recommend this company to anyone. There is no leadership in executive management. There is no clear plan to where the company is going - only that the owner is going to sell the company at some point.
Typical small company environment
Director Industrial Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2012
Good group however they expect more with less. However the compensation is in line with the market.

No job security.
Pros
good market, good people.
Cons
small company problems and resources
had great employees that i took care of
TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Portland / SeattleMay 2, 2015
payroll, data entry on a daily basis, contact with inspectors weekly and disposal locations weekly, safety, drive cam. contact will sale personal daily.
very productive
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2015
The company is an awesome company, they provide room for growth and benefits. They train you to learn different things, and how to work on many machines.
Pros
awesome place to work!
Cons
the smell
Great Company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 28, 2014
Company withdrew from commercial collections (the division that I was in) and never entered the St. Louis market again after that.
Pros
work from home, stable company
Cons
compensation
good place and nice people
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Start by checking the machines.Learn more about what the machine can do.Great poeple to work around.Cleaning the tracks on dozer.Working with people.
Nice place to work
Plant Operator/CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  okc,okSeptember 25, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics.

2.5