Liquid Transport is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Terminal Manager at our Tuscola, Illinois location.
The ideal candidate will have complete control of a complex operation that includes company and contract drivers. Experience with chemical tanks preferred. The ability to analyze problems, motivate the local staff to develop solutions, and interact with the shippers is a must. Experience with cost management and budgeting in the tank industry, quality management processes, and managing a mixture of company drivers and independent contractors is highly preferred.
A broad benefits package is provided which currently includes: medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401k with match, paid time off, etc .
General Summary of the Position:
Full-time, salaried, exempt from overtime. Position will plan, direct and control the freight operations of a branch terminal in line with company objectives for profit and service, working to increase revenues and lower operating costs.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the communication and understanding of, as well as compliance with, all Company Policies and Procedures for all terminal associates.
2. Responsible for the operation of terminal; must monitor results against objectives to ensure goals are achieved. Includes successful attention to
- EH&S Performance;
- Cost controls;
- Revenue objectives;
- Manpower & equipment utilization;
- Costs of safety & security policies;
- Costs of customer requirements;
- Participation in new business pricing;
3. Responsible for actively participating in all company, regional and local Safety Policies, Procedures, and campaigns including
- Leading local terminal level safety programs, ensuring that all focus on safe performance;
- Scheduling and conducting periodic meetings, encouraging all drivers, contractors, and dispatchers to attend;
- Timely and complete filing and communicating of all accident, incident, and injury reports, as well as conducting comprehensive investigations
- Monitoring the timely receiving, auditing, and forwarding of driver logs;
- Providing all roadside inspe
1. High School graduate or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred;
2. 5-10 years management experience; liquid bulk, chemical tank, experience preferred.
3. Good communication skills - written and verbal;
4. Computer proficiency.
Liquid Transport Corp (or LTC as we are known in the industry) is a premier, Indiana-based bulk transportation leader with over 75 years of safe, profitable, and uninterrupted chemical transportation and distribution. More recently, we were acquired in 2006 by Ron Dana, owner of a proven leader in bulk transportation, Dana Transport of Avenel, New Jersey. The Dana ownership brings crucial assets, much larger scale, and greater capabilities to our Midwest heritage, and truly makes our path forward and affiliation with Dana highly advantageous to our customers. This is why our tag-line and mantra is “Always Moving Forward.”