Liquidity Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and great pleace to grow as a employee
Class C driver/ warehouse specialists (Former Employee) –  Tracy Army Depot, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Related Skills:
I currently work for Liquidity Services as a warehouse specialist and am responsible for receipt and processing of daily scrap property referrals from DLA. Daily duties include; property inspection to ensure no hazardous materials are present, inspection of documentation (DD-1348) to verify correct procedures were followed, segregation of property by Scrap Classification Listing (SCL), mutilation requirements and DEMIL code, removal of scrap property using DLA Form 1367, verification of MPPEH property to ensure proper certifications are present, inspection of material handling equipment.
Pros
Great benefits
Interesting work place
Agile Lead Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 29, 2018
The typical daily tasks were standard such as meeting with SMEs and creating support materials. I liked working there. Many assignments were interesting and fast-paced. Good place to use your talent and improve skills.
Pros
Agile teams are smart and great people to work with.
Cons
The management could communicate the company's direction better.
Easy but not worth it
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 13, 2018
The company is going under. Departments rarely communicated making customer assistance difficult. Management rarely took escalated calls. No recognition for your work until your annual review. No advancement opportunities.
Pros
Work life balance. Wages. Benefits
Cons
Too many. No structure. Management. Lack of communication.
Great work culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Great work culture and people.

Liquidity Services is a global solution provider in the reverse supply chain. We provide consultative asset management, valuation, and sales solutions.
Great company
Senior Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Tobyhanna Army Depot, Tobyhanna, PADecember 20, 2017
I've work with this company for 12 years. Hard work to get the job done. Not much overtime but I didn't need it. Some travel to help other sites but not anything that interfered with my normal life. Huge bonus at the end of the year based on my work. Some bonus throughout the year. The company recognizes birthdays and anniversaries. Lots of PTO accumulated and can use anytime. All in all Liquidity Services was a fun company to work with.
Pros
early in, early out.
Cons
Sometimes working in the weather.
Sales (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCDecember 19, 2017
Good place to work at but the company performance is not recently good and they are trying to cut costs as much as they can to survive. I spent quite a time there
Productive and fun place to work
Junior DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 22, 2017
It is a place I was be able to grow in my career. I had a chance to work with different departments. I was give a chance to take classes to improve my skill.
Great place but limited upward mobility
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 10, 2017
Liquidity Services is a great place to work. The pay is average to above average of the local market. The only downside is that there is very limited opportunity for advancement outside of the role you are brought in for.

Most managers are on the younger side and will be around for a long time. I have yet to see a managerial role open up while being employed here for that reason. While this provides great stability it places a ceiling young talent.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Training
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement
Cant recall its been a while
Pit-Operator (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INSeptember 15, 2017
its been over a year i cant really recall. I dont want to say to much since its been so long ago. I recall they had us load customer trucks outside in the dead of winter while driving forklifts in the snow. Not safe or fun. No heat in the building.
Pros
meh
Cons
a few
Laid back work environment
Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INAugust 29, 2017
Liquidity Services is an enjoyable, laid back place to work. It can be fast paced and hectic, but management is easy to work for, and look for opportunities to assist you in your job functions.
Pros
Productive environment, easy to work with supervisors
Cons
Low pay, not much room for advancement
Easy Come, Easy Go
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 28, 2017
Great company to work for. Management was very easy to get a long with. Can always email any of C-Level Management with concerns, without feeling out of place. Good work-life balance.
A good experience
Warehouse Associate/ Quality control auditor (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 23, 2017
Keeping up with production numbers is pretty easy to do, you learn how to reset different electronics, and that comes in handy even in your personal life. Management was okay and the atmosphere was a mixture of ages and cultures. I was still considered a team player until I decided I wanted to learn how to operate a forklift and the manager was opposed to it.
No Balance
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2017
No down time
Overworked
When someone was let go or fired work was just spread-out with who was left
spent to much money developing new program when money could be used to hire someone
Awful Environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJuly 13, 2017
Employees treat each other bad. There is no teamwork and so many issues to deal with but management is too focused on production to care about any of them.
Little work life balance
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INFebruary 25, 2017
This site is unable to keep a general manager. No Equality in pay among male and female employees with the same job title. Lots of overtime for salaried employees.
Pros
Great stock benefits
Cons
No balance with work/life
Fun for awhile
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INFebruary 16, 2017
It was great initially but the newness has worn off. Lots of turnover in leadership. Not sure what the long-term goal is and lots of political infighting with what direction to go.
Good place to work, great place to get great work experience and training.
SITE WAREHOUSE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Malmstrom AFB, MTJanuary 6, 2017
reviewing a daily schedule, load outs, invoicing, inventory management, delivery orders, verifying counts, emails,verifying load outs, loading customers, MHE checklist, warehouse management and organization and housekeeping, maintaining safety procedures, driving forklift and front end loader, office and clerical duties.
Pros
good environment
Cons
Contractor/ job could end at anytime no questions ask.
Great Place to Work
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJanuary 4, 2017
I loved working for Government Liquidation (subsidiary of Liquidity Services). The company lost a large contract and I was laid off. It was a great place to work.
Pros
work environment
Cons
poor management
Not your typical friendly company
Line Loader (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INDecember 29, 2016
This had to be the worst job i had since i been working, its not all about the work but its more so the Management . Supervisor are not very good leaders and i just had bad experience working for there company
Good people, fun work place, enjoyed driving Forklifts
Warehouse Worker/Scrap (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, OHOctober 18, 2016
A typical day at work is, Checking for load out or Unloads for the day filling out forklift safety sheets, and start with the day. I learned different types of metals, how to deal with clients in a positive way. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with good people, and deal with different clients
Pros
the clients, and people i work with
Cons
Got layoff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liquidity Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.