LISI Aerospace Employee Reviews

Very organized
Waste Water Technician (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 12, 2017
A very organized work place. HR are very involve with employees. A very friendly environment. Working for Lisi Aerospace has been a great experince and learned a lot throughout my 7 years working.
HR /Workers' Compensation Administrator (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 8, 2017
I have a good experience working for this company. My manager helps me to grow and be a better professional in my career.
I learn so much and enjoy working as a team.
Pros
Distance
Cons
Lower pay
A lot of rules have been put into place recently...getting real picky
Grinder (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 18, 2017
Its hard to move up in positions here, especially grind. Promotions happen every 5 years...no career advancement. You can make decent money here...you nust have to put in about 25 years to see it. Think of .50 increase annually and do the math. Administration gets paid more than the manufacturing side..
Pros
4/10 work week
Cons
Long days and not enough compensation
Ok place to work for and get some training and move on
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 30, 2017
Typical day of work at LISI is stressful
Most Managers and management or supervisor are unskilled or maybe have no knowledge about machine shop work so littly a blind lead the blind sort of, and that leads to an amazingly high amount of scrap from 3M. to about 12M.
Work place culture you are good as long you're a YES person or do what you are told "just do it" even if the part is coming out bad "we will fix it later or sorted later"etc...
The hardest part some time when you deal with a lead or supervisor who does not know the job or how to do it and correct a mistake or help make good set up or especially some knowledgeable support team had been let go.
The most enjoyable part is co-workers some are good peoples
Pros
Good learning place
Cons
Company does not apreciate the knowledgeble employees or try to keep them when they identify one
good co-workers only thing i miss
Production Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 23, 2017
a typical day at work get there look at the mess b shift left for us on the davenports retool repair and get judged for pointing problems out.also they give u promotions with no raise and expect for you to keep performing at your best. they say the company is making any money but they keep buying brand new machines and equipment. the best part of the job is the people u work with shot out to the palmdale people.
Pros
you just have to show up
Cons
doesnt matter how hard u work and prove u have what it takes ur just a number for the company
good people to work with.
Aerospace Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CA 90505April 20, 2017
Easy going ,quick learner and wanna grow with company that sees talent in person.use to be a good company....back in the day now they have everyone on a short rope,
Pros
free lunch..every 3 months
Cons
short breaks, no radio.
Hi shear was a awesome company to work for very proud of what we accomplished in production and quality.
Manufacturing Engineering Technician/training (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 1, 2017
Lisi is not a loyal company.. the trend same to be that of they want pay little and not take care of the guys that have experience and been in this field for 30 years.
Pros
When it was hi shear it was a company to work for..
Cons
Since lisi bought it not so much employees feel like your just a number and not a person.
Good place to work.my experience in working here has been really good to me,great co workers I work with in my department
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Great place to work and gain experience in different areas in the company . I'm lucky to have found this job and work with some great people that are willing to teach
Downhill business
Sales (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 20, 2017
Poor treatment of employees. Union is trying to come in, Employees get discipline for minute infractions. Management is constantly changing.
Exciting
Centerless grinder (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Lisi is very good place to work, they give their employees opportunities to move up in positions, I worked their in the was happy, I just had to change for a while , now I'm ready to back and more mature
Pros
Free lunches
fun workplace
plating and heat treat (Current Employee) –  LISI AEROSPACEJanuary 12, 2017
Well I start my day by seeing what are my first priority jobs and I get them started. I also check that all my tanks are running good and the lines are running good. I work with a good team.and I learned a lot from this company. The things I enjoy the most working here is that I'm working with a team that is like a family
hardwork and teamwork
Heat Treater (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 31, 2016
there you learn how to work hard, work in a team and learn about the company. the hard part was to make sure not to make any mistake at all because its better.
Management is rude and turn over rate is very high.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 17, 2016
Been with this company for some years and this is one of the worst companies I ever work for. Management is ver rude and the company has a high turnover rate when it comes to management and employees
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not a good environment to work so it make the good a non factor
Stressful place to work for
Former Swiss guy (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNOctober 17, 2016
You don't want to work here. Management have no clue what to do what so ever, Swiss dept. supervisor doesn't know a thing about machining and yet still micro managed your every move. You'll be fine working here unless you're a "yes" man
Pros
Co-workers are great to work with
Cons
Management, management, management
The HR process is green and broken
Engineer (Former Employee) –  City Industry, CAJune 18, 2016
Salary ranges are not competitive and on boarding makes you not want to work there. They will make you check every box, dot every line. And cross every T. If you are a seasoned, proficient, proven, talented individual with many complex projects which are currently being effectively managed. Get ready to be micro managed by HR until you no longer want to continue with the process.
Pros
Everything else is positive
Cons
Going through on boarding is like a property escrow or an irs audit.
Official response from LISI Aerospace
November 16, 2016

Dear Engineer,

Thank you for your comments. It is nice to know our HR department takes the on-boarding process seriously and I commend them for their diligence. It is nice that you note “everything else is positive”. LISI Aerospace provides a competitive salary and benefits package at all levels; the working environment is clean, organized and welcoming.

For those individuals that are not completely truthful and accurate on their application (Past salaries; Education; Work history) the on boarding process can be stressful.

I am sorry you had to experience this. Yet, feel free to reach out to me should you have further constructive comments. We are always looking for opportunities/areas to improve.

Kind regards,

Michael REYES
Vice President & General Manager
LISI AEROSPACE, CITY OF INDUSTRY
16728 E. Gale Avenue
City of Industry, CA 91745

Production driven company
VP of Quality US Operations (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 30, 2016
Teamwork and visual management focus

Opportunity to travel

International culture

People are a prime asset

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others achieve there goals.
LISI Aerospace
Data Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 18, 2016
LISI Aerospace is a good company to start your career in, but do not plan on retiring there. There is hardly any room for advancement or raises, and if you do get a raise it will not be that big. The only advantage of working for LISI Aerospace is the name - it will look good on your resume when you apply somewhere else!
Pros
Job culture and work / life balance
Cons
Hardly any or no room for advancement or raises
Everyday work was about job done well
Manufacture Engineer (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 10, 2015
Working in multiple projects I was in contact with most of the departments. People are great, always participating with dedication to have the projects done in time. Great coworkers, I made a lot of friends. Benefits are not bad. It was a great opportunity for me to learn a lot.
Pros
Healthcare not bad lately
Cons
Company is downsizing
received on the job training on Grinding Machine
Centerless Grinder Operator (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 27, 2015
This was a very dangerous job...you had to constantly put your hands into a running machine that grinds threads into steel or titanium rivets, The smaller the rivet...the more danger there was of crushing your fingers.....I needed a job and the only position was second shift....that disrupted things at home...worked there for 1 year then got laid off
My Typical Day at Work
Punch Press Set Up Man Operator (Former Employee) –  18301 East Arenth Avenue, City of Industry, CAJuly 31, 2015
Starting at 5:00am, I check what jobs are more important to run and find out if the parts that were made by the 2nd shift are okay to continue to keep making good parts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LISI Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9