Listening Ear Employee Reviews

Rewarding and exciting to be an addition
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GANovember 30, 2016
The Listening Ear is a breath of fresh air. I create an atmosphere for my clients to feel secure. First, preparation is imperative for each session. My clients are ready for learning with primitive material. The clients understand whatever is experienced, they can apply it to their lives. We function as a team operating one of the same level. We identify ways to build better relationships and explore diverse approaches. The hardest part is ending sessions but the most enjoyable part is sharing the information.
Pros
Similar developments that clients find workable in their lifestyles
Cons
Difficult relationship and the person desires to remain resistant for sometime
Great atmosphere for hands on experinece in healthcare!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 11, 2015
At the Listening Ear I performed an array of jobs. I worked in administration for four weeks, answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, contact substance abuse offenders' probation officers, and collect payment for substance abuse classes. I co-facilitated individual counseling sessions with a Mental Health Therapist for three months. I facilitated a six week shoplifting class as well as creating a shoplifting guideline manual. Honestly, there was not any hard part about my job because I strive for helping others and that is what the Listening Ear provides. The most enjoyable part of my job was creating treatment plans for clients and helping the clients come up with goals to accommodate their needs. The management was warm welcoming and offered assistance when needed. My overall experience at the Listening Ear was eye opening.
Pros
Resource books available for employees, such as free grants.
Cons
N/a
Productive and precise work place
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIDecember 9, 2014
A typical day at work included; bathing, feeding, cleaning. I learned a lot there. It is an extremely great place to work the co-workers were great for the most part. The job had its fun times but i would say it is a pretty hard job. The hardest part for me was the long hours and the making sure everything is done right. Their was a lot of times i enjoyed though. Taking the consumers out for the day was always fun.
Pros
free lunch, home environment
Cons
Long hours, short staff
Lacked Consistency
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 25, 2014
Expectations different daily and by individual. Supervisors were inconsistent with everything.
Excellent fun place to work at.
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 7, 2014
Listening Ear is an awesome place to work. A day at listening is never a bore considering that each day is different.
Good clients, Great people to work with
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 13, 2014
I really enjoyed the clients that I was able to interact with. I enjoyed the people I worked with and my main manager.
Great learning experience
Crisis Counselor (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 8, 2014
This is a very helpful and life changing experience where I am able to help others in need.
Pros
Life changing
Cons
Stressful
A good place to help the handicap.
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 30, 2014
If you stick to your job duties and care about the clients, it can be a rewarding job.
Melting pot of indifference garnished with multilevel incompitence
Direct Care worker (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 19, 2013
One of the most rewarding job I have every had. Not a lot of room for advancement but the benefits were very generous. I aquired a lot of unique skills along that way and the every day lessons amassed over the two years have truly gave a better understanding of myself. Definitely have a new found patience after the time spent within this organization
Pros
bonuses, benefits
Productive place but very unorganized
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 13, 2013
Listening ear has a lot of liability with its consumers and caregivers and is taken care of very well. However there is alot of work that needs to be done and not enough management to handle it all so doing daily tasks takes much longer then needed. I am a high paced worker so it is difficult for me to sit around so much. It is a very rewarding job though.
Pros
self-rewarding, being able to help people
Cons
very slow with little hours
Organized and Productive
Crisis Counselor (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 20, 2013
-I answered phone calls and talked to people in crisis

-I learned communication and interpersonal skills

-My coworkes were other volunteers and I got along well with the people I met

-The hardest part of my job is taking calls that are overwhelming

-The best part of my job is making someone feel better, more calm, and more stable.
Pros
co-workers of all ages, feeling like i helped people in crisis
Cons
work weird hours
Comfy couches
Crisis Intervention Counselor (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJanuary 22, 2013
Very relaxing atmosphere to help de-stress individuals in crisis.
It was a good job and I met a lot of great people
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 16, 2012
Over all a very good company to work for. The pay was not exceptional, but the benefits including personal time and health insurance ware very good. If you are looking for a job in the human service industry in Mt. Pleasant this would be a good place for you to work. They were always flexible with my schedule and made working a fun experience.
Pros
flexible schedual, good benifits
Cons
pay could have been higher

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Listening Ear. Our community is ready to answer.