Lithia Auto Stores

Lithia Auto Stores Employee Reviews

Great first job
Accounting clerk (Former Employee), FresnoJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Worked well as a team, room for advacnement
Cons: No sick time and no vacation accrued for one year
I started at Lithia immediately after getting my Associates degree. I will admit I didn't make much at first. But over the 5 years I was there I learned a lot, took on new tasks, worked overtime when asked or necessary and feel I was accomplished at this company. I liked the people I worked with and there are people I didn't like as well just like any other job. The managers were good to me and I received raises over the years when I could prove I deserved them. I really had no desire to go through any of their management programs but they were available to those who wanted to. I only left the company in 2008 because there was a lot of downsizing and instead of fearing I would lose my job I just went and found another one.
What a joke
Sales Associate (Former Employee), CAJune 30, 2015
Cons: Not the proper training
This place is a joke to work for they promise advancement but never follow through with what they tell you when hired. Most jobs are not what you were hired for. I feel for anyone that has to work for this company the turn around is insane!
Mnagement
Mnager (Former Employee), Corpus ChristiJune 29, 2015
Pros: Absolutly none
Cons: Health care stinks and so much more
One of the worst places I have ever worked, If you are in management you have to be there 6 days a week from 6.30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Very low moral and no structure. If you don't hit your numbers you are considered a poor manager, Not you had a bad month!!!
The upper leadership at this dealership is very poor and they don't appreciate when you go the extra mile for them. All they are worried about is how much money you make them. No employee appreciation at all. If you have a family life you might as well consider it gone if you work for Lithia of Corpus Christi or if you have a family emergency they don't care. They also don't pay very well, They paint a pretty picture , When you look at the numbers and your check you will see what I am telling you. Beware of this dealership it has been going down since Lithia has took it over. They go through managers like water ! There is always a mad customer also because they don't take care of the customer. Between G.m. and service managers They have had 4 or 5 managers in the past 3 years . That should speak for itself. The culture of the dealership and work ethic is very low.
Very easy going environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Twin Falls, IDJune 17, 2015
Pros: work 4 days get 3 off
Cons: none that I can think of
I really enjoy working with everyone at lithia they are very nice and easy to get a long with. They always make me feel like I'm doing a good job at what I do and tell me how much they appriciate me.
Great Career
Advertising Account Manger/Project Manager (Former Employee), Medford, ORApril 28, 2015
Pros: Cars, Advancement and staff
Cons: Their are some people who will set you up to fail.
Lithia is a great place to start your career and has lots of room for advancement. Six months after starting with the company, I received a promotion and I was allowed to use my skills to the fullest. If you like automobiles and a fast pasted environment, then you will do just fine within this company.
upper management in another state, nice to be always busy
All American Chevrolet of Midland - Asst. OM (Former Employee), Medford, ORMarch 6, 2015
Pros: never boring, duties keep you busy, met quite a few really nice customers
Cons: tension at times, not a true team feel
Difficult at times to work with upper management due to distance between dealership and management. Very interesting job - even though same duties each day - was never boring.
fast paced
lube technician (Former Employee), Helena, MTFebruary 4, 2015
Each day was different and a challenge. A constant flow of customers. Learned how to deal with happy and upset customers.
Corporate controlled found in every department level
Parts manager (Former Employee), Bryan, TexasFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: ability to make positive changes.
Cons: too many steps to get approval for needed adjustments at the corporate level.
Fair to good support at the corporate level. Less support in the store management. High turnover rate in store management with little department support. Must be willing to push aside personal and family needs for store needs.
Enjoyed working without supervisory intervention provided that all measures are working well within your departments.
terrible terrible terrible
underpaid slave (Former Employee), All lithiasDecember 28, 2014
Pros: cheap health care and discounts.
Cons: everything besides those two ^^^
Worst company to work for with terrible pay. They treat their lower class employees like slaves I.e greeters/porters/lot attendants/ and this isn't just about me. I'm writing this for all the horrible stories I've heard and for my former co workers that got treated the same. As one of those three you are expected to do all the little jobs the higher up people are too lazy or "busy" to do it themselves. They make the interview process seem like a dream job; that there is room to move up in the company and recieve higher pay. That's all bs and unless you want to make someone lose their job, you can't advance. As for a raise, just forget about that. One thing about lithia is there is always someone watching you. The only benefits to working for the company is the few friends I made and, auto parts discounts at many stores and the health insurance is cheap. The last thing is how negative lithia is. If you work hard and do a good job you will not hear anything about how good you did. But when you don't do something right, or you get to busy to do something then you will surely hear about it. Lastly the lube technician flat rate is terrible and in order to make money you have to cut corners and lie. Otherwise you can count on flagging only 6 hours a day if that when you have been there for 10 hours and you can only take a 15 or 30 minute lunch if you want a chance at making money.
Soul sucking
Admin (Former Employee), Medford, OROctober 29, 2014
If you are not part of the clan you are worth nothing to them. They want drones, not employees.
Do not recommend as an employer
Office staff (Former Employee), Billings, MTOctober 29, 2014
Pros: the best part of working at lithia would be your co-workers, and they do offer a lot of employee benefits.
Cons: lack of training, low wages, long hours, no work life balance, 5 days vacation after one year and no sick days, always under staffed, expected better health insurance and employee cost
Lithia is a difficult place to work due to lack of training, long term understaffing, low wages for many of the positions, and very high turnover. You will be expected to work long hours and train yourself on many of your duties. Everyone that you need support from is too busy trying to get work finished and can't do a good job of training you due to high work volume and not enough people to accomplish it. You will be expected to take on additional work when staff quits without consideration to the amount of work on your desk that needs to be accomplished too. It is a recipe to fail. Be sure you understand the full scope of duties of the position, the condition of the office and how many open positions still need to be filled before you accept. If you do not have dealership experience it will make success very difficult to attain in this hectic environment. The more you have in writing regarding employment promises the better.

Management needs to address the inconsistent and substandard training, low wages, and high employee turnover to help improve the working environment, employee retention, and their reputation in the community as an employer.
Fun place to work
Sales/Finance Manager (Current Employee), Midland, TXOctober 27, 2014
- maintained customer satisfaction
- contracted federal documents
- management and co-workers are easy to get along with
- hardest part was constant change in incentives with banks
- best part was meeting new people/customers daily
Establish a market for the Mini brand in Anchorage, Alaska.
General Sales Manager (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKOctober 22, 2014
Pros: work for a large company.
Cons: no real appreciation for you. felt like another body performing a job.
This job was very demanding due to the fact that the Anchorage, Alaska market has not had the Mini brand around for a significant period of time. It was a "grass roots" opportunity. The market share has the demand for a vehicle that is priced up to $50,000 and is conservative with fuel. The Mini brand offers an "ALL4" (Mini's version of the all wheel drive) system that actually rivals the Subaru's all wheel drive system.

The biggest challenge from my perspective was the sales consultants in Alaska. It was an amazing challenge, unlike any other market that I have been in.
Sales
Bilingual Sales & Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Des Moines, IASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: good money.
Cons: long hours.
Sales and leasing.
Dealing with all types of customers.
Competitive.
Not closing a sale.
Keep customer happy with their decisions.
New Management needs to improve
Parts Consultant VW (Former Employee), Johnston, IASeptember 11, 2014
I work here for 4yrs, first couple of years where good with the GM we had, but afterwards new GM need to live what the job culture is and not just talked about.Improvement starts at the top not from the bottom.
fun place
Vehicle Detail/Porter (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 10, 2014
great place to work to experience different job fields, meet new people, and advance in a work place
Profesional and very helpful
Sales (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 21, 2014
Most days were pretty routine, helping customers and organizing parts. But it taught me a lot about customer service and time management. It made it a lot easier because my coworkers were very kind and helpful. The hardest part of the job was during the summer when it got hot. It was difficult to sit in the attic and go through and organize parts. The best part about it was my coworkers being so helpful and easy to get along with.
automtive
service adviser (Former Employee), fresno,caJuly 26, 2014
i call about this job and the women on the other end of the phone said this job has been filled.
I LOVE LITHIA
Personnel Coordinator (Former Employee), Pocatello, IDJuly 9, 2014
Pros: advancement, benefits, opportunities, culture
Cons: compensation
From day one, my experience at Lithia was more than I'd ever expected. The environment and company culture was a perfect match for me and for my family. I learned several job skills that still benefit me and my current organization (military).

My coworkers have remained friends to this day.

The hardest part of my job was the day I had to leave. The company's stocks took a fall during 2008 and my department was being drastically reduced company-wide.

I enjoyed working at Lithia. I can't say that it was perfect, but I have nothing but fond memories of working there and with that group of people. My relationships spanned nearly the entire Western US.
just a number
parts (Former Employee), medfordApril 5, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: every thing else
very bad experience for me but paid ok ,very high turn over,had some bad managers that always seem to be above the law no matter how they treated people,very bad morale for years company just ignored everybody who complained.
Headquarters