Lithia Auto Stores

Lithia Auto Stores Employee Reviews

low moral and no support
service manager (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJanuary 19, 2016
this company has not changed its business structure, they don't care about their employees there is no support to new people and when you ask for help the upper management acts like you should already know whats going on with no training. as for upper management they like to through underlings under the bus when they don't hit their goals. very short staffed dealers no support no team work and god forbid you have a slow month now your an ineffective manager not human. bottom line is their is NO TRUST NO LOYALTY AND NO SUPPORT this company uses their employees as door mats
Pros
there is none
Cons
no pay lots of hours and plenty of bus rides across your back
Commission based sales to where I was paid what I was worth.
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 8, 2016
Used social networking, my personality and vast knowledge of business skills to get as many sales I could a month to be paid what I believed I was worth. A typical day would be securing new customers, creating new appointments for the following days, and focusing on closing EVERY sale that came in front of me. I learned a lot about utilizing the people and resources around me to gain my profits along with helping others in need too.
Pros
Dream Job, Sales, Commission
Cons
Very Long Hours, Restricted with Managment
fast paced and money focused
employee (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJanuary 8, 2016
fast paced work, variety of jobs to do everyday. Learning the job is up to you no help from supervisors. Co-workers constantly complaining. If you know your job and get paid like others in the company it would be fun.
Pros
stock options
Cons
some employees are not appreciated as they should be for their supporting work.
Too much work for too little pay
sales professional (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 6, 2016
Prepare for long hours of standing around outside in the freezing cold or 100 degree heat. Shared desks and an outdated facility. Minimal training and minimal support by coworkers or management. If you are cut throat enough to screw other people over, this is the place for you. Good luck.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Pay, hours, conditions of facility
A very rewarding company to work for.
Product Specialist/Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 22, 2015
The management is very professional.
The benefits are outstanding!
My co-workers were incredible.
I learned a lot about customer service here.
product specialist
sales (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 29, 2015
If your new to the car business and want to gain experience and are aggressive then this is the perfect place for you. But if you are a salesman at heart and don't mind the 10 percent commission with a high pack and flooded floor then I would seek other opportunities.
Great experience
Sales professional (Current Employee) –  san angelo txOctober 22, 2015
great atmosphere learned a lot of useful skills and communication skills as well as got valuable information on buying and selling vehicles,
Willing to work with school schedules
Warehouse Parts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TexasOctober 3, 2015
Willing to work with school schedules. Some hangups with technology, meaning that some of the technology in the workplace was outdated. The management at the store always has a sense of urgency and attention to detail. The hardest part of the job can be the hours. 7:30 until 6:00 Monday through Friday can be a tough schedule.
Pros
Flexibility with time off
Cons
Great Place to get experience, not a place to have as a career unless you come in as management
Assistant Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 2, 2015
They have a culture to work people hard, with the intent to turn them with in three years. Pay stays relatively the same if you are experienced vs. new. Company motto when I was there was more work less pay. They would say it as a joke but it was true. Rarely will you see someone get promoted from within. They usually higher managers from the outside. Because of the high turn and the relatively new and inexperienced staff it does allow you to get into positions that would normally be filled with more experienced people. That is why Lithia is a great place to get experience because you get exposed to things earlier than you would have otherwise. On the downside you will be self trained,.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Culture, Pay, Benefits
A lot of work for little money
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDSeptember 24, 2015
The place is understaffed which means you will be working long hours. Worked 6 days a week with no comp day. Mostly the place was putting out fires, a lot of distention and the lack of quality work mates due to low wages,
Pros
Free lunch on Saterday
Cons
Working Saturday with no comp day, low wages

Want to know more about Lithia Auto Stores?

Ask a question
Chronically understaffed
Support Services (Current Employee) –  Medford OfficeAugust 30, 2015
Lithia is a good company to work for, but beware: Departments are often understaffed for the workload that is expected, and this makes for an exhausting and stressful place to work.
Pros
Benefit package is excellent
Cons
High stress, high turnover, wages are low for what they expect
Lithia Hyundai Fresno
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fresno CaliforniaJuly 8, 2015
This place is terrible in more ways than one. Yea there are plenty of hours and co workers are generally easy to get along with. But the way management treats sales people like another number is horrible. There is no training whatsoever and you are expected to sell cars asap. They say they will train you but are always "busy" to do so. There is favoritism there as well. The finance department is great but the sales side is just awful. They give you no opportunity to succeed and will replace you without even thinking twice. Avoid this place!!!!
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
low commission %. high turn over. no training at all!
Great first job
Accounting clerk (Former Employee) –  FresnoJuly 7, 2015
I started at Lithia immediately after getting my Associates degree. I will admit I didn't make much at first. But over the 5 years I was there I learned a lot, took on new tasks, worked overtime when asked or necessary and feel I was accomplished at this company. I liked the people I worked with and there are people I didn't like as well just like any other job. The managers were good to me and I received raises over the years when I could prove I deserved them. I really had no desire to go through any of their management programs but they were available to those who wanted to. I only left the company in 2008 because there was a lot of downsizing and instead of fearing I would lose my job I just went and found another one.
Pros
Worked well as a team, room for advacnement
Cons
No sick time and no vacation accrued for one year
What a joke
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CAJune 30, 2015
This place is a joke to work for they promise advancement but never follow through with what they tell you when hired. Most jobs are not what you were hired for. I feel for anyone that has to work for this company the turn around is insane!
Cons
Not the proper training
Mnagement
Mnager (Former Employee) –  Corpus ChristiJune 29, 2015
One of the worst places I have ever worked, If you are in management you have to be there 6 days a week from 6.30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Very low moral and no structure. If you don't hit your numbers you are considered a poor manager, Not you had a bad month!!!
The upper leadership at this dealership is very poor and they don't appreciate when you go the extra mile for them. All they are worried about is how much money you make them. No employee appreciation at all. If you have a family life you might as well consider it gone if you work for Lithia of Corpus Christi or if you have a family emergency they don't care. They also don't pay very well, They paint a pretty picture , When you look at the numbers and your check you will see what I am telling you. Beware of this dealership it has been going down since Lithia has took it over. They go through managers like water ! There is always a mad customer also because they don't take care of the customer. Between G.m. and service managers They have had 4 or 5 managers in the past 3 years . That should speak for itself. The culture of the dealership and work ethic is very low.
Pros
Absolutly none
Cons
Health care stinks and so much more
Very easy going environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJune 17, 2015
I really enjoy working with everyone at lithia they are very nice and easy to get a long with. They always make me feel like I'm doing a good job at what I do and tell me how much they appriciate me.
Pros
work 4 days get 3 off
Cons
none that I can think of
Great Career
Advertising Account Manger/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 28, 2015
Lithia is a great place to start your career and has lots of room for advancement. Six months after starting with the company, I received a promotion and I was allowed to use my skills to the fullest. If you like automobiles and a fast pasted environment, then you will do just fine within this company.
Pros
Cars, Advancement and staff
Cons
Their are some people who will set you up to fail.
upper management in another state, nice to be always busy
All American Chevrolet of Midland - Asst. OM (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 6, 2015
Difficult at times to work with upper management due to distance between dealership and management. Very interesting job - even though same duties each day - was never boring.
Pros
never boring, duties keep you busy, met quite a few really nice customers
Cons
tension at times, not a true team feel
fast paced
lube technician (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTFebruary 4, 2015
Each day was different and a challenge. A constant flow of customers. Learned how to deal with happy and upset customers.
Corporate controlled found in every department level
Parts manager (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TexasFebruary 3, 2015
Fair to good support at the corporate level. Less support in the store management. High turnover rate in store management with little department support. Must be willing to push aside personal and family needs for store needs.
Enjoyed working without supervisory intervention provided that all measures are working well within your departments.
Pros
ability to make positive changes.
Cons
too many steps to get approval for needed adjustments at the corporate level.