Lithia Auto Stores Employee Reviews

Poor management/ employers are clickiah
Technician (Former Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJOctober 19, 2017
Left my old job i work for yrs to come and work For Lithia in old bridge to get laid off in less than a year employes felt threathen bye my skill .wanted to make this job long term .but made it difficult to work there and too make issues with management that was ran poorly. Lithia in old bridge needs to review there employes and let go the trash that still work there.
Pros
Bought lunch
Cons
Bad work hrs
Awfal place to work !!!!
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 19, 2017
The Management is the worst I have seen in my 25 years of working. The Parts Manager, in particular, has no clue how to delegate responsibility. This creates an unfair environment within the department where a few of the employees end up doing not only their own work but the work of others in the department that shirk their responsibilities and push there work on to others. The Dept. is extremely disorganized, which makes everything very difficult to find, and leaves everyone in a constant state of confusion, Again due to the lack of any real leadership. The pay is very low for industry standards. When first hired at Lithia CJDF of Concord you are promised all kinds of pay increase that never come. I would not recommend for anyone to work for this particular Lithia Dealership.
Do not work here!!!
Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXOctober 18, 2017
The Lithia Auto Store that I worked at was everything that you hear about a car dealership and worse. Management was awful excluding one, you couldn't go to anyone for anything. It was all about how do we make the most money, didn't matter who we screwed in the meantime. It was 3 years of H LL and the only reason I stayed was because i needed the experience. I would NOT recommend anyone to work for the corporation.
Happy, friendly people
Lot Attendant and Detailers (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 4, 2017
Easy to communicate to others employees respect me as human being. Managers listen to my suggestion what is best for the company. Nice place to clean cars.
Pros
sometimes free foods
Cons
etc.
General Manager was top notch
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 3, 2017
Lithia is a good company to be involved with and works as a team. They have good core values. There motto is to have fun while you are working. I like that.
Work Environment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 2, 2017
This is a difficult place to work. Nobody takes responsibility for their actions and try to put blame on everyone but who is actually responsible. Cant trust anyone. The way work is scheduled is not organized at all. Lots of customers angered by dumb service advisors.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
lack of organization
Fact paced, Competitive, Dead lines
BDC Representative (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Setting 8 appointments per day to meet goal per management was complexed from day to day. Nothing constant but change. Appointments not showing up or canceling or not able to buy when they did show up due to credit, or money issues. This affects your goal and bonus structure.
Pros
Hourly Pay
Cons
No job security
Very competitive business
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 27, 2017
This job can be a very good business if you know who you can sell. It is very fast paced and you have to be quick on your toes and especially on how to respond to your customers. Managers are great and are easy to work with.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Very Long Hours
Not a good place to work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, NYSeptember 25, 2017
The sales side is great in yorkville but as a tech at carbone dodge in yorkville witch was bought by lithia had no care for the worker all they wanted was peoples money people came in late left eairly. An hour lunch would turn into two and nothing wood be done they have none trained techs doing warranty work that only certified techs should be doing. They dont like when u confront them on the stuff they are doing worng witch is why i dont work there anymore.
Pros
Can do anything u want
Cons
Not going to benifit u at all
No training, no manager, it was chaos
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 8, 2017
The manager who hired me quit 3 weeks later, I got almost zero training, was not shown around or introduced to anyone. People show up late, take long lunches, disappear for smoke breaks, and no one cares. 11 hour days, 6 day weeks, the a/c was broken during 3 weeks of 100+ temps. This place is awful. Only the second job in my whole life I have ever quit without notice.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Everything. Seriously.
I did not enjoy working here. Terrible management and terrible training.
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wasilla, AKAugust 22, 2017
I did not enjoy my time at Lithia. The pat was good, and I got plenty of overtime, but my position was taken for granted and I was treated unfairly by management.
Pros
Hour lunch, good pay
Cons
Bad management, hostile atmosphere
Laid Back atmosphere
Salesman/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2017
pay structure is not good at all. you might spend 5-6 or more hours with a customer showing product, negotiating price, financing vehicle, and prepping car for delivery all for just a $125 "mini' payout. and if that's your only sale for the entire day which sometimes is up to 10-11 hours that's ALL your making because the "hourly rate" they promise you is just a like a loan. because of the structure of the pay. you either get paid commission OR hourly, whichever is greater because they don't feel you deserve both.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
The Pay
Fun environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 20, 2017
Fast paced great fun staff. Creative management engagement at all times. The day goes by fast great pay and always get to meet fun customers. Long hours you have to be ok with that.
Other Employees are great people
BDC Representative (Former Employee) –  OregonAugust 18, 2017
Very dysfunctional management. Unfair treatment of employees. No appreciation except for a few. Do not listen to good ideas. Customers often disregarded.
Pros
Car discounts
Cons
No trust in decisions. Poor training.
Great at having fun but horrible at Leading change and managing responsibilities...
WEB/GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 10, 2017
I love the people there but the company seems to be double minded on what it wants. A lot of goals but no action to follow that through. They put the best social activities and Halloween is always fun! Needs to work on clear communication and follow-through.
Good pay, straining work.
Business Development Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 9, 2017
Loved a lot of people I worked with, but management was terrible. Pay was really great, but overall was not worth the work. A lot of people did not take their jobs seriously and it made work 10 times harder for the people that did.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Managment
learning expirience
Lube Technician/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 31, 2017
this place is alright if you are barley getting into the automotive industry it has great working environment great people to work with but the pay is a little disappointing. ive learned a lot about responsibility and getting work done over the seven months ive been working there but the hardest part of the job is trying to not stress when it gets busy but overall like i said its a learning expirience
Pros
free lunch on saturdays
Cons
not busy enough for over time on flag hours
Unstable Fear Based Team Coaching
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJuly 28, 2017
The manager that is supposed to run the ship doesnt.
The manager that does, runs it like a frathouse/drill sargent style.
lots of yelling, cursing, and threatening.
Employees are stealing sales, except the Web salesmen.
Pros
work hours
Cons
a lot of stealing sales from one employee to another
Great sales staff terrible management
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  HawaiiJuly 25, 2017
Management corrupted, not all created equal playing favorites is shown on the daily. Management does not listen to sales staff and belittles almost all. Vida....never had a worse manager in my life. Company has great benefits and pay plan the dealership management is not worth it.
Pros
Free lunch saturdays
Cons
Management, general manager, no growth opportunities, training
Terrible managers and mechanics
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJuly 18, 2017
Lexus in Oxnard, horrible place to work for. Mechanics are not very knowledgable and just make half educated guesses. Manager does not know how to run the service department and cares more about getting positive customer reviews. Will write up an employee, threaten to fire for the smallest infraction and still claim he is a nice guy to work for. Office politics.
Pros
Stock options
Cons
Bad managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lithia Auto Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8