Lithia Auto Stores Employee Reviews

Management has no clue as to whats going on.
Automotive Technician/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 30, 2016
Making promises that are not kept. Pay plans that are never the same. Keep changing what the techs are getting paid. Management has no backbone to take care of their employees, it more about themselves and their checks. Good experience for the field and good people to work next to it is just not a well managed place to work for.
Pros
Lunch on saturdays
Cons
No home life. No bonuses for productivity horrible managers
Great Bosses, but low pay.
Digital Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORNovember 8, 2016
I enjoy my job at Lithia motors. I have great bosses who are quick to give praise to their employees when they have done something worth praising. Although Lithia Motors does not pay employees what they deserve.
Pros
Great Management in Digital Marketing Department
Cons
Not enough pay
Profit over customer care
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTNovember 3, 2016
I was a service adviser at a two different Lithia dealerships and they were both pretty crooked. The first dealership I worked for focused on great customer service through our service department and it showed. That alone carried the sales department of the dealership. The sales department was pretty crooked though with their used vehicles. Not fixing necessary things and trying to get things for free, constantly. Most people don't know this, but sales departments are typically a customer of the service department in most dealership settings. Commission earned pay for the advisers came from the service department as a whole so there was no competitive environment and we worked collectively as a team.

The second Lithia dealership I worked with was all around crooked, top to bottom. I took an open position at this store in an effort to move to my desired location. The service department compensation pay focused on competition between advisers and the general and service managers made selling add on (most of the time unnecessary) services a priority. On multiple occasions I refused to play along with their sale goals and focused on what I knew, customer service. I ultimately befriended a local engineering firm owner and secured an internship with his company as I was attending school after work. When I told my service and general manages I was leaving they both yelled at me and told me I was fired. A reaction I expect from a 5 year old, not adults.

I think the company has its benefits but it all depends on the location. I also got the sense that the employees are last
  more... on the list when it comes to being taken care of.  less
Pros
Large company benefits
Cons
Typical sleezy automotive industry environment
fast pace work environment
SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTOctober 24, 2016
I learned alot working for lithia, and i have no complaints except the long work weeks and i feel like saleing cars just isnt my thing. my customer service skills have got better since iv worked there an learned alot about the car business but need to find what im good at.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Overall, i enjoyed working here
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 20, 2016
I enjoyed waking up knowing that it was going to be a busy day. I learned a lot from what I understand two roles of being in the office. Apparently there is supposed to be a person that checks and posts deals and a title clerk. I do believe that if the Office would expand with the number of employees vs the number of tasks per person that would be great benefit to the production and expectations.

Unless your financially set, don't obtain employment here because they will cut you loose all shystee
Pros
Pays Good
Cons
Not enough people/too many tasks/no adequate training
long hours no family time
finance manager (Former Employee) –  oxnard, califOctober 19, 2016
worked in the finance dept no matter how well you did it was never enough lithia just cares about numbers and will fire you without warning like just before christmas. Beware they are buying dealerships like crazy and bringing in their own people.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
work work work you to death
Service
service (Former Employee) –  HawaiiOctober 14, 2016
The place is very un-organized, not efficient, few departments are so bombarded with paper works that doesn't apply to their job description, underpaid, high volume of in-coming & out-going calls, people has to work overtime to get their papers turned in at timely matter. Management seems to be very butt kissing to the customers to squeeze in a schedule when the day is solid booked. It totally sucks that yes the employees are trying to kill them with kindness and put on a brave face, but this place is totally insane, as if theres no life after your work day. Bad place to work for. Service dept. should have federal holidays off as well the weekends off. This place just kills employees to the bone & going home to their families unhappy.
Pros
Cons
Rare lunch breaks, no holidays & weekends off always slammed
Unstable compensation
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 12, 2016
I worked in this place for 3 years. When I started everything was great. The management was great and the salesmen were helpful and accommodating. After a few months they were constantly changing management. After Lithia bought the company they started changing the pay plan every month to the point I could not afford to keep working there. What a shame! There are still good people there but if you aren't in the click you will suffer financially.
Pros
Free lunches on Saturdays
Cons
Too much training on nonsense. Micro managing.
Don't work here !
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 8, 2016
They treat their employees horrible, don't apply here don't recommend it, poor management and they'll fire you if they don't like you. Most of the people working there are rude
Great Company on National Scale, Not So Much on Local
Sales (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDSeptember 30, 2016
This particular dealership is big on promises, weak on delivering them. My advice, if you go in getting things promised, make sure they're in writing. These folks will tell you anything to get you there, then nothing to keep you there.
Bait & switch
Fixed Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXSeptember 9, 2016
This is another Autonation. Your are just a number. No matter how hard you work or how much you know, they don't care. Upper management is just interested in keeping their jobs.
Pros
Cons
Corporate mentality.
Good employee pricing but lack employee moral
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 10, 2016
As accounts payable I was responsible for paying invoices for the dealership. I handled interoffice trades (trading or selling of an auto(s) to a sister dealership). Office staff didn't really mingle, wasn't very moral bound but they did offer good employee pricing on cars.
Pros
employee pricing
Cons
lack of moral
It's a job where you make what you deserve.
Automotive Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 4, 2016
This job has a great instructive environment and it is probably one of the best jobs I will have ever held. As long as you can properly shuffle the politics and your business deals you will excel at this job.
Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 3, 2016
Get to work, pick up parts, verify parts with invoices and deliver them to surrounding businesses. Pick up any return parts and return them to the appropriate dealerships
Pros
Very relaxed even at a fast pace
good company
Porter/Detailer (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJune 10, 2016
this company don't take care there employe.the work is ok but the manager are not good people, they think there are the best .Customer all ways complain about the cars detail is not good .
Horrible and depressing place to work.
Service (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJune 1, 2016
Roseburg lithia Ford is the worst ford dealership I have ever worked for. The service manager thinks he is better than everyone else. Dont expect any training at all. Just try and figure it all out. Service manager was bad about yelling at employees and calling people worthless. He is one of those who has apparently done everything you have done but even more. Nobody in service was ever happy people. If you want a good dealership to work for just shoot 70 miles north and go to kendall ford, great people there and they make you feel at home.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management
Cool place to work
Digital Marketing Strategist (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 6, 2016
I only wish they had more stuff like google or yahoo in the building but all in all work atmosphere is cool.........................................
Pros
Decent pay chill work atmosphere
Cons
Not optimal environment for digital (lights too bright)
Quality Assurance Manager
Regional Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMarch 6, 2016
Arrived at 7 AM and met with other managers to gain information about recent sales or service. Conducted an interactive meeting with my staff to discuss possible or actual customer complaints. I answered questions and provided guidance on how to answer/solve the customer's complaints or questions. I learned to listen to people's concerns, work among various departments to come to a reasonable solution to benefit the customer and my employer. I had the unique opportunity to be the first manager of their business development program. My staff was comprised of young college students. That provided me with the experience to coach and mentor my staff. My staff was willing to learn and I was willing to listen. The most difficult part of the job was encountering other managers who were unwilling to take on new ideas or improvements to our business model based on customer suggestions. I quickly overcame that obstacle. The best part of the job was seeing my staff learn, get better at their job and get promotions.
Pros
Working with a variety of people and teaching.
Cons
Travel and having to be away from my daughter.
Terrible management too many salesmen
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 18, 2016
You're only a number here They tell you you have 6 months to ramp up. That is simply not true. Management is demeaning and could care less about you as a person. They are constantly coming up with projects since they consider salesmen to be free labor at their mercy. The turn over is very high and they never seem to be happy with the number of salesmen, always wanting more.
Pros
not many
Cons
management misleading promises
Fun and Exciting fast paced work enviornment
Sales Representative and Custome Care Agent (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 4, 2016
The overall job itself is good and there is no limit to the money you can make, its fun but you really have to be self motivated to make good money here. My only complaint is that management is blind to their faults and even to some employees faults unless you request it one on one training is hard to get.
Pros
hours, pay, benefits
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lithia Auto Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9