Lithia Auto Stores Employee Reviews

Fun and Exciting fast paced work enviornment
Sales Representative and Custome Care Agent (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 4, 2016
The overall job itself is good and there is no limit to the money you can make, its fun but you really have to be self motivated to make good money here. My only complaint is that management is blind to their faults and even to some employees faults unless you request it one on one training is hard to get.
Pros
hours, pay, benefits
Cons
management
Great Place to get experience, not a place to have as a career unless you come in as management
Assistant Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 2, 2015
They have a culture to work people hard, with the intent to turn them with in three years. Pay stays relatively the same if you are experienced vs. new. Company motto when I was there was more work less pay. They would say it as a joke but it was true. Rarely will you see someone get promoted from within. They usually higher managers from the outside. Because of the high turn and the relatively new and inexperienced staff it does allow you to get into positions that would normally be filled with more experienced people. That is why Lithia is a great place to get experience because you get exposed to things earlier than you would have otherwise. On the downside you will be self trained,.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Culture, Pay, Benefits
A very rewarding company to work for.
Product Specialist/Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 22, 2015
The management is very professional.
The benefits are outstanding!
My co-workers were incredible.
I learned a lot about customer service here.
Great first job
Accounting clerk (Former Employee) –  FresnoJuly 7, 2015
I started at Lithia immediately after getting my Associates degree. I will admit I didn't make much at first. But over the 5 years I was there I learned a lot, took on new tasks, worked overtime when asked or necessary and feel I was accomplished at this company. I liked the people I worked with and there are people I didn't like as well just like any other job. The managers were good to me and I received raises over the years when I could prove I deserved them. I really had no desire to go through any of their management programs but they were available to those who wanted to. I only left the company in 2008 because there was a lot of downsizing and instead of fearing I would lose my job I just went and found another one.
Pros
Worked well as a team, room for advacnement
Cons
No sick time and no vacation accrued for one year
Horrible and depressing place to work.
Service (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJune 1, 2016
Roseburg lithia Ford is the worst ford dealership I have ever worked for. The service manager thinks he is better than everyone else. Dont expect any training at all. Just try and figure it all out. Service manager was bad about yelling at employees and calling people worthless. He is one of those who has apparently done everything you have done but even more. Nobody in service was ever happy people. If you want a good dealership to work for just shoot 70 miles north and go to kendall ford, great people there and they make you feel at home.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management
Quality Assurance Manager
Regional Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMarch 6, 2016
Arrived at 7 AM and met with other managers to gain information about recent sales or service. Conducted an interactive meeting with my staff to discuss possible or actual customer complaints. I answered questions and provided guidance on how to answer/solve the customer's complaints or questions. I learned to listen to people's concerns, work among various departments to come to a reasonable solution to benefit the customer and my employer. I had the unique opportunity to be the first manager of their business development program. My staff was comprised of young college students. That provided me with the experience to coach and mentor my staff. My staff was willing to learn and I was willing to listen. The most difficult part of the job was encountering other managers who were unwilling to take on new ideas or improvements to our business model based on customer suggestions. I quickly overcame that obstacle. The best part of the job was seeing my staff learn, get better at their job and get promotions.
Pros
Working with a variety of people and teaching.
Cons
Travel and having to be away from my daughter.
Good employee pricing but lack employee moral
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 10, 2016
As accounts payable I was responsible for paying invoices for the dealership. I handled interoffice trades (trading or selling of an auto(s) to a sister dealership). Office staff didn't really mingle, wasn't very moral bound but they did offer good employee pricing on cars.
Pros
employee pricing
Cons
lack of moral
low moral and no support
service manager (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJanuary 19, 2016
this company has not changed its business structure, they don't care about their employees there is no support to new people and when you ask for help the upper management acts like you should already know whats going on with no training. as for upper management they like to through underlings under the bus when they don't hit their goals. very short staffed dealers no support no team work and god forbid you have a slow month now your an ineffective manager not human. bottom line is their is NO TRUST NO LOYALTY AND NO SUPPORT this company uses their employees as door mats
Pros
there is none
Cons
no pay lots of hours and plenty of bus rides across your back
Too much work for too little pay
sales professional (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 6, 2016
Prepare for long hours of standing around outside in the freezing cold or 100 degree heat. Shared desks and an outdated facility. Minimal training and minimal support by coworkers or management. If you are cut throat enough to screw other people over, this is the place for you. Good luck.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Pay, hours, conditions of facility
Commission based sales to where I was paid what I was worth.
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 8, 2016
Used social networking, my personality and vast knowledge of business skills to get as many sales I could a month to be paid what I believed I was worth. A typical day would be securing new customers, creating new appointments for the following days, and focusing on closing EVERY sale that came in front of me. I learned a lot about utilizing the people and resources around me to gain my profits along with helping others in need too.
Pros
Dream Job, Sales, Commission
Cons
Very Long Hours, Restricted with Managment
Terrible management too many salesmen
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 18, 2016
You're only a number here They tell you you have 6 months to ramp up. That is simply not true. Management is demeaning and could care less about you as a person. They are constantly coming up with projects since they consider salesmen to be free labor at their mercy. The turn over is very high and they never seem to be happy with the number of salesmen, always wanting more.
Pros
not many
Cons
management misleading promises
It's a job where you make what you deserve.
Automotive Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 4, 2016
This job has a great instructive environment and it is probably one of the best jobs I will have ever held. As long as you can properly shuffle the politics and your business deals you will excel at this job.
Bait & switch
Fixed Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXSeptember 9, 2016
This is another Autonation. Your are just a number. No matter how hard you work or how much you know, they don't care. Upper management is just interested in keeping their jobs.
Pros
Cons
Corporate mentality.
Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 3, 2016
Get to work, pick up parts, verify parts with invoices and deliver them to surrounding businesses. Pick up any return parts and return them to the appropriate dealerships
Pros
Very relaxed even at a fast pace
I love lithia
Personnel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJuly 9, 2014
From day one, my experience at Lithia was more than I'd ever expected. The environment and company culture was a perfect match for me and for my family. I learned several job skills that still benefit me and my current organization (military).

My coworkers have remained friends to this day.

The hardest part of my job was the day I had to leave. The company's stocks took a fall during 2008 and my department was being drastically reduced company-wide.

I enjoyed working at Lithia. I can't say that it was perfect, but I have nothing but fond memories of working there and with that group of people. My relationships spanned nearly the entire Western US.
Pros
advancement, benefits, opportunities, culture
Cons
compensation
good company
Porter/Detailer (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJune 10, 2016
this company don't take care there employe.the work is ok but the manager are not good people, they think there are the best .Customer all ways complain about the cars detail is not good .
Willing to work with school schedules
Warehouse Parts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TexasOctober 3, 2015
Willing to work with school schedules. Some hangups with technology, meaning that some of the technology in the workplace was outdated. The management at the store always has a sense of urgency and attention to detail. The hardest part of the job can be the hours. 7:30 until 6:00 Monday through Friday can be a tough schedule.
Pros
Flexibility with time off
Cool place to work
Digital Marketing Strategist (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 6, 2016
I only wish they had more stuff like google or yahoo in the building but all in all work atmosphere is cool.........................................
Pros
Decent pay chill work atmosphere
Cons
Not optimal environment for digital (lights too bright)
lithia motors
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 27, 2013
A typical day of work for lithia motors. Get to work at 8:00 am go to a morning meeting at 8:30 stay there until 9:00 sometimes later. After that get on phones and try and set appointments for the day. Must have at least two appointments each day. After that we go to outside and try and catch "ups" . If we do catch one then we "sell" and meet our appointments at their given times. I learned how to sell from them. (the right way) the whole twelve step process created by Grant Cardone himself. My co workers were all great people. No one split a deal unless we had to, just because they all knew that we would do the same for them. The hardest part of the job would be getting there at 8:00 in the morning and staying at work until 8:30 at night. Having a one hour lunch that in working 11 and a half hours a week for 6 days a week. Sunday is the only day off.
The most enjoyable par of the job was most definitely the compensation. If you new how to sell, you would make at least $4000 a month.If you were good, 100k a year would be no problem. But if you have a life or a family. You have to decide if that is worth giving up for the money.
Unethical Workplace
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 13, 2013
Management in place performed very unethical practices. When I reported the practices to our resolution team member it did not go through the proper channels. However, I was told that I would be fired for insubrodination. I was forced to resign/terminated because of my prinicipals. The pay was the only positive aspect of this company
Pros
compensation
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lithia Auto Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8