Lithia Auto Stores Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
No training, no manager, it was chaos
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 8, 2017
The manager who hired me quit 3 weeks later, I got almost zero training, was not shown around or introduced to anyone. People show up late, take long lunches, disappear for smoke breaks, and no one cares. 11 hour days, 6 day weeks, the a/c was broken during 3 weeks of 100+ temps. This place is awful. Only the second job in my whole life I have ever quit without notice.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Everything. Seriously.
I did not enjoy working here. Terrible management and terrible training.
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wasilla, AKAugust 22, 2017
I did not enjoy my time at Lithia. The pat was good, and I got plenty of overtime, but my position was taken for granted and I was treated unfairly by management.
Pros
Hour lunch, good pay
Cons
Bad management, hostile atmosphere
Laid Back atmosphere
Salesman/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2017
pay structure is not good at all. you might spend 5-6 or more hours with a customer showing product, negotiating price, financing vehicle, and prepping car for delivery all for just a $125 "mini' payout. and if that's your only sale for the entire day which sometimes is up to 10-11 hours that's ALL your making because the "hourly rate" they promise you is just a like a loan. because of the structure of the pay. you either get paid commission OR hourly, whichever is greater because they don't feel you deserve both.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
The Pay
Fun environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 20, 2017
Fast paced great fun staff. Creative management engagement at all times. The day goes by fast great pay and always get to meet fun customers. Long hours you have to be ok with that.
Other Employees are great people
BDC Representative (Former Employee) –  OregonAugust 18, 2017
Very dysfunctional management. Unfair treatment of employees. No appreciation except for a few. Do not listen to good ideas. Customers often disregarded.
Pros
Car discounts
Cons
No trust in decisions. Poor training.
Great at having fun but horrible at Leading change and managing responsibilities...
WEB/GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 10, 2017
I love the people there but the company seems to be double minded on what it wants. A lot of goals but no action to follow that through. They put the best social activities and Halloween is always fun! Needs to work on clear communication and follow-through.
Good pay, straining work.
Business Development Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 9, 2017
Loved a lot of people I worked with, but management was terrible. Pay was really great, but overall was not worth the work. A lot of people did not take their jobs seriously and it made work 10 times harder for the people that did.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Managment
learning expirience
Lube Technician/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 31, 2017
this place is alright if you are barley getting into the automotive industry it has great working environment great people to work with but the pay is a little disappointing. ive learned a lot about responsibility and getting work done over the seven months ive been working there but the hardest part of the job is trying to not stress when it gets busy but overall like i said its a learning expirience
Pros
free lunch on saturdays
Cons
not busy enough for over time on flag hours
Unstable Fear Based Team Coaching
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJuly 28, 2017
The manager that is supposed to run the ship doesnt.
The manager that does, runs it like a frathouse/drill sargent style.
lots of yelling, cursing, and threatening.
Employees are stealing sales, except the Web salesmen.
Pros
work hours
Cons
a lot of stealing sales from one employee to another
Great sales staff terrible management
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  HawaiiJuly 25, 2017
Management corrupted, not all created equal playing favorites is shown on the daily. Management does not listen to sales staff and belittles almost all. Vida....never had a worse manager in my life. Company has great benefits and pay plan the dealership management is not worth it.
Pros
Free lunch saturdays
Cons
Management, general manager, no growth opportunities, training
Terrible managers and mechanics
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJuly 18, 2017
Lexus in Oxnard, horrible place to work for. Mechanics are not very knowledgable and just make half educated guesses. Manager does not know how to run the service department and cares more about getting positive customer reviews. Will write up an employee, threaten to fire for the smallest infraction and still claim he is a nice guy to work for. Office politics.
Pros
Stock options
Cons
Bad managers
Awesome company to work for!
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 29, 2017
if Lithia had a store here in Az. I would still be working for them. Was able to learn much more than just the car business Company offered ongoing training to enable you to become a better manager as well. Benefits were great including stock purchase plan insurance and 401 k. Lithia really does believe that you the employee makes the difference.
Pros
great earning potential
Cons
auto sales usually involves lots of hours to be ultra succesful
not impressed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 24, 2017
This could have been an amazing place to work but the bosses are too concerned with stuffing their own pockets to take care of their employees. Change the higher ups and the grunts will be happier.
Goes thru management like toilet paper
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 2, 2017
Constantly switching management. Office politics are over the top. If you can work non stop bells and handle the bs you can make a living. No advancement opportunities unless you were brought in by the ever changing management. Would never even consider a Lithia store again.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Bells management company culture
Very Unprofessional!!!
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 2, 2017
Not professional on the Parts Manager when your having personal relations with your employees!! Parts supervisor very discriminating and picking favorites!! Worst place to work at!!!!
Pros
Cons
Very Unprofessional!!
Not a Good Place to work.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 2, 2017
This place is a Joke!! Parts supervisor was very discriminating, picked favorites and worst of all if your not having personal relations with the Parts manager you get pushed aside!! Very Disappointing!!!!
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
People
A nice slow and fast paced job
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJune 2, 2017
The job was pretty good, we would put gas in cars new or old and get them ready for customers when they were being sold weather thats 1 vehicles or 10 being sold at the same time which meant we would have to work on one right after another if necessary. We didn't necessarily have any breaks but most of the time it wasn't to fast paced unless maybe it was a Satuarday.
Pros
Hour long lunch
Cons
No breaks
Fun job, drove customers around
Courtesy Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAMay 25, 2017
They have you drive customers home or to work. I saw a lot of things outside from where I live. Very relaxing and you get to drive the company's vehicles.
Pros
1 hour lunch, get to drive company vehicles
Cons
Mechanics give you attitude, even though you work in the front
Lithia was phenomenal in every way
Warranty Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMay 23, 2017
The people I worked with were exceptional. If there were any questions I had they were more than willing to provide the answers. I learned so much working there.

The management wanted to always make sure that we were comfortable with the systems we were using. If any issues arose they addressed them immediately and diminished any ill favored rumors. Not one of them treated you with anything but feelings of equivalency. Your ideas were always given a review before a decision of yay or nay.

The hardest part of the job was that warranty work was new to me. So it was navigating a whole new world. However, it was worth the adventure. I enjoy challenges such as this. Using my brain is my favorite thing to do.
Pros
The company in whole
Cons
That I was unable to work form them when I moved back to AZ
Good work environment
Parts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 17, 2017
Lithia Auto store has a good work environment but has a high turnover rate so your constantly having new managers and employees. Over all it is a good work place with decent benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lithia Auto Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9